PDA

View Full Version : NAIA Football

3afan
11-17-2005, 05:42 PM
anyone follow the NAIA? here is the pairings for the NAIA football championship:

Pikeville College (Ky.) (7-2) at University of St. Francis (Ind.) (10-0), noon (Eastern)
Geneva College (Pa.) (8-3) at Georgetown College (Ky.) (8-2), 1:30 p.m. (Eastern)
University of Sioux Falls (S.D.) (9-1) at St. Xavier University (Ill.) (9-2), noon (Central)
Evangel University (Mo.) (8-2) at McKendree College (Ill.) (8-2), 1 p.m. (Central)
St. Ambrose University (Iowa) (8-2) at Morningside College (Iowa) (10-0), 1 p.m. (Central),
Dickinson State University (N.D.) (7-3) at Carroll College (Mont.) (10-0), 12:05 (Mountain)
Graceland University (Iowa) (9-2) at Tabor College (Kan.) (10-0), 1:30 p.m. (Central) (Cessna Stadium in Wichita, Kan.)
Montana Tech of the University of Montana (8-3) at Azusa Pacific University (Calif.) (6-3), 6 p.m. (Pacific)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-17-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't follow any of those teams. I'm not sure how many Texas teams are NAIA but i don't think that we have a lot. SAGU I do believe is one though. I follow the Lone Star Conference D II and the American Southwest Conference D III.

West Texas plays Pitt State Saturday and Mary Hardin Baylor plays at Trinity.

3afan
11-17-2005, 08:50 PM
the NAIA schools in TX are

* - plays football

Houston Baptist University, Houston
Huston-Tillotson University, Austin
Jarvis Christian College, Hawkins
Lubbock Christian University, Lubbock
Northwood University, Cedar Hill
Paul Quinn College, Dallas*
Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Waxahachie*
Texas A&M International University, Laredo
University of Texas at Brownsville, Brownsville
Texas College, Tyler*
University of Texas of the Permian Basin, Odessa
Texas Wesleyan University, Fort Worth
Wayland Baptist University, Plainview
Wiley College, Marshall

3afan
11-20-2005, 07:26 PM
RESULTS
Montana Tech def Azusa Pacific University 24-17
St. Francis (Ind.) def Pikeville College 41-7 Stats
Georgetown College def Geneva College 36-35
Sioux Falls def St. Xavier University 31-28
Evangel University def McKendree College 34-31
Morningside College def St. Ambrose University 58-7
Tabor College def Graceland University 17-14
Carroll College over Dickinson State 23-13

PAIRINGS
Georgetown (10-2) at St. Francis (11-0), noon (Eastern)
Tabor (11-0) at Sioux Falls (10-1), noon (Central)
Evangel (9-2) at Morningside (11-0), 1 p.m. (Central)
Montana Tech (9-3) at Carroll (11-0), 12:05 (Mountain)

Hupernikomen
11-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I don't follow any of those teams. I'm not sure how many Texas teams are NAIA but i don't think that we have a lot. SAGU I do believe is one though. I follow the Lone Star Conference D II and the American Southwest Conference D III.

Seems quite a few of the Texas teams that were NAIA are now D-III.

etbu
11-21-2005, 12:25 AM

Hey Z Where is the game? I met the West Texas HC and DC this last summer and class guys. Glad they are doing well. :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2005, 12:55 AM
The WTAMU game was in Canyon but WT was blown out Saturday. Too bad because I was hoping the Lone Star Conference would make a run this year.

Mary Hardin Baylor smoked Trinity in San Antonio. Not sure where they play next. Since Hardin-Simmons is out I have been following it as closely.

Manck
11-21-2005, 02:25 AM
Add the SCAC to your D-III list, as the Austin College Kangaroos are moving in with Southwestern and Trinity and leaving the ASC behind starting in fall of 2006.

3afan
11-21-2005, 05:23 AM
strange move for AC - hope they are ready to increase their travel budget. wonder if the ASC is working a replacement?

etbu
11-21-2005, 07:58 AM
The WTAMU game was in Canyon but WT was blown out Saturday. Too bad because I was hoping the Lone Star Conference would make a run this year.

Mary Hardin Baylor smoked Trinity in San Antonio. Not sure where they play next. Since Hardin-Simmons is out I have been following it as closely.
You a HSU guy?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by etbu
You a HSU guy?

My son plays for the Cowboys. #49 a defensive back. Are you an ETBU grad?