PDA

View Full Version : You went to the games but wished you Didnt and WHY?

sWaterislife
11-17-2005, 04:54 PM
I posted in the thread of teams i would like to see But i started thinking about this year and how that there were games i wished i would not have attended...

I have 3...

San Angelo Lake View Game - It was a blow out.. and one of the most lopsided games ive ever seen... Sweetwater wouldnt let them out of their side of the field.. The reason i would not have attended this game would be the fact that it was in San Angelo and i had to wait til the end of the game to leave... Wished there was a 45 pt rule in 3A.. YES that bad..

Last Playoff game with Greenwood - It was on a thursday and Again you know the outcome... I went back down to San Angelo to see this one and it never panned out like i wanted it to.. Greenwood kids had a great season but just a horrible game to watch...( i blame their playcalling for the lopsided score) Some class guys in Greenwood...

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.. Wylie - we lost and that was hard enough to swallow but man There was so much hype going into this game that when the 2nd half started I wanted to UpChuck.. Took two weeks to get over the feeling of Believing the guys could have played alot better and knowing that it will probably be next year before we can redeem ourselves ...

side note: The most exciting game to me was Levelland.. We had alot of guys out and Levelland had some tall receivers on our little CB.. And their coached changed his game plan and started picking on our guys.. The team showed it could come from behind and win.. We were FLAT in the 1st half.. so flat almost invisible...

Adidas410s
11-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Iowa Park vs Graham - Watching the 4 or 5 INT's by Graham was heartbreaking...especially knowing that it was my brother's senior year and a lot of his good friends last game once we found out the outcome of the Vernon/Breck game.

Wylie vs Seminole - It started late...the weather was HORRIBLE (40+ mph winds and heavy rain)...it was a blowout...and I didn't get home until almost 3AM. Yeah...that was fun! :(

Frenship vs Canyon Randall - For those that read my thoughts about Frenship in another thread...I'll make it short and sweet. They have NO DISCIPLINE BUT IT IS PRAISED BY THE COACHES AND COMMUNITY!!! That and they were up 35-0 after the 1st quarter so the showboating was in FULL EFFECT!!! Sure glad we left after the 1st quarter...

The extension to the Frenship/Canyon Randall game was the Tech vs Indiana St game the next day. After as much of a route had taken place against SHSU...I was hoping to see Tech's Air Raid Offense go crazy again and throw the ball all over the field. Instead..it was Henderson getting a lot of yards on the ground and Hodges dumping the ball into the flats all game...quite boring indeed! And then when Graham Harrell came in after halftime...Leach was calling runnings plays 70% of the time. No fun indeed...

Adidas410s
11-17-2005, 05:38 PM
man I really liked the idea of this thread but it's getting no love today...what a shame!

sWaterislife
11-17-2005, 05:54 PM
That's why you have to bump it..lol.. This is no disrespect to the teams mentioned..

SnyderMom
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Snyder Vs. Monohans...

'nough said...:weeping: :weeping: :eyetwitch

Pmoney
11-17-2005, 06:52 PM
i dont have any games that i wished i didnt go to because any game can turn out like a game between snyder/wylie

STANG RED
11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
Snyder Vs. Monohans...

'nough said...:weeping: :weeping: :eyetwitch

If yall had won that one, I bet I know what your next choice would have been.

Sorry. I couldnt help myself. It was just busting to come out.

eagles_victory
11-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Slc vs Irving Macarthur 41-0 at halftime. I made a trip hoping to see an upset and then it was a long ride home. Now that I think about it the upset thoughts were naive of me.

Adidas410s
11-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Slc vs Irving Macarthur 41-0 at halftime. I made a trip hoping to see an upset and then it was a long ride home. Now that I think about it the upset thoughts were naive of me.

this one at Texas Stadium I guess???