PDA

View Full Version : ON the way to work this am

injuredinmelee
11-17-2005, 10:38 AM
I am cruising along at the posted speed of 70 MPH. There is a car in front of me that I am quickly gaining on. I am clear to pass by the ceter line rules but I know that by the time I pass them I will be in violation of those rules. I odnt even have to slow down or speed up as this person is doing an estimated 50. So i pass and by the time i get over of course I am in a no pass zone.
Sherriff's deputy sitting on the side of the road. He lights me up and I pull over immediately before he even has time to turn around I am on the side of the road with my hazards on.
He has to sit and wait for the slow driver to pass before he can make the uturn.
Of course slow driver slows down when he sees the lights. Wait is long.

We get the formalities out of the way( liscense& insurance) He tells me I am being pulled over for Passing in a no passing zone. I begin to argue my case as we stand at the back of my vehicle.

When he doesnt see things my way I tell him that I want to make a citizens arrest on the other driver for Impedeing traffic. And I demanded that he go and pull that person over. I went ape sheezzz arguing.

His supervisor showed up. The sups get nice broncos... I got out of the ticket...

IT PAYS TO BE AN ADAMANT SMART ALECK!!!

injuredinmelee
11-17-2005, 10:40 AM
let me also add that I have the utmost respect for Law enforcement officials. They have a thankless job for the most part and are paid beans.

DaHop72
11-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I want to make a citizens arrest
Heck injured, all those years of watching Andy Griffith paid off, sorry if the younger crowd doesn't get it.:D

WitchyWoman
11-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Way to go Injured. I get so irritated with slooooooow drivers, I don't speed but there are a few streets here in Tiger town that are 30mph they are main streets but residential... It really erks me when you get behind someone on said 30mph street and they go 20mph. I'm like pull to the side of the road, park your car and WALK... :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
11-17-2005, 10:53 AM
let me also add that I have the utmost respect for Law enforcement officials. They have a thankless job for the most part and are paid beans.

I have respect for them for the most part....but not nearly as much respect as I used too!

Seen way too much over the past couple of years....there is a couple of people on here that know EXACTLY what I am talking about!

BTW injured....I thought your story was GREAT!!!

44INAROW
11-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Mark one off for the good guys :clap: :clap:

HillBoy
11-17-2005, 10:54 AM
I learned that if you ever get pulled over by a cop don't take off your seat belt to reach for insurance before he gets to the car. Because they say you aren't wearing your seat belt. This has happend to me three times every time it gets thrown out.

zeus63
11-17-2005, 10:55 AM
BAD BOYS, BAD DOYS. WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU. (Apparantly know we know th answer, and that that answer actually works. Thanks injured, I'm gonna try that next time.)

Adidas410s
11-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by HillBoy
I learned that if you ever get pulled over by a cop don't take off your seat belt to reach for insurance before he gets to the car. Because they say you aren't wearing your seat belt. This has happend to me three times every time it gets thrown out.

lol...nice. This reminds me, my roommate finally gets to go to court in a few weeks over a ticket from JUNE that he got! He was going 47 in a 35 zone...the cop told him he was going 47...but then his ticket was written for 46 mph. For this reason, he appealed the ticket and is basing his case on our officers wasting time by writing inefficient tickets and by doing so is costing the city revenue because now the ticket has faulty information and thus will be thrown out. Tis a sad state indeed...

WitchyWoman
11-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Since we are on the subject of Law enforcement: What do you all think of the PI law (Publicly Intoxicated) ??????

pirate4state
11-17-2005, 11:11 AM
I am cruising along at the posted speed of 70 MPH. There is a car in front of me that I am quickly gaining on. I am clear to pass by the ceter line rules but I know that by the time I pass them I will be in violation of those rules. I odnt even have to slow down or speed up as this person is doing an estimated 50. So i pass and by the time i get over of course I am in a no pass zone.
Sherriff's deputy sitting on the side of the road. He lights me up and I pull over immediately before he even has time to turn around I am on the side of the road with my hazards on.
He has to sit and wait for the slow driver to pass before he can make the uturn.
Of course slow driver slows down when he sees the lights. Wait is long.

We get the formalities out of the way( liscense& insurance) He tells me I am being pulled over for Passing in a no passing zone. I begin to argue my case as we stand at the back of my vehicle.

When he doesnt see things my way I tell him that I want to make a citizens arrest on the other driver for Impedeing traffic. And I demanded that he go and pull that person over. I went ape sheezzz arguing.

His supervisor showed up. The sups get nice broncos... I got out of the ticket...

IT PAYS TO BE AN ADAMANT SMART ALECK!!!

:clap: That's awesome!! I'm glad it all worked out for you. :)

injuredinmelee
11-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by HillBoy

I got pulled over one time and the cop said I saw you putting on your seatbelt back there. My response, " well you never saw me without though did you? " Got out of that one too.

injuredinmelee
11-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
Since we are on the subject of Law enforcement: What do you all think of the PI law (Publicly Intoxicated) ??????

The PI law is another reason to take people to jail that they dont have any other reason to hold them. I think it should be up to the arresting officer on whether your drunk in public enough to be a danger or hindurance to anyone esle or yourself. Laws are so open to a Officers own interpretation and it takes a very unbiased and trustworthy person to interpret it fairly.

injuredinmelee
11-17-2005, 11:20 AM
and only you would ask about something that involves drinking... :p :p ;) ;)

pero chato
11-17-2005, 11:22 AM
I got pulled over driving home from a football game late one night a few weeks ago for doing 62 in a 55 on a completely empty highway near my house. The first question he asks is "Is there an emergency?" My first thought was to respond with a smart aleck answer, something along the lines of "Yes I always drive a whopping 7 miles over the speed limit when I have an emergency. That way, if my house is burning down I should get there just in time to see the last brick fall into the embers".
But instead I just said no, and was polite and talked about the game and such. He was checking for DWI's I'm sure, so he just gave me a warning.

99IHSMustang
11-17-2005, 11:28 AM
I think I have seen more tickets dropped by just telling the truth. "I was speeding.. you caught.. that is all there is to it". I am pretty sure they are used to hearing all kinds of made up stories. So, when you give them your honest answer they sometimes let you off with a warning. Or if your a girl... just show a little cleavage and that will usually get you off the hook too.

Ranger Mom
11-17-2005, 11:29 AM
We got pulled over coming home from San Angelo last week. The sheriff officer who pulled us over was a female officer who lives in Greenwood.

She informed my husband she clocked him going 74 in a 65 (if she had been a little quicker on the trigger, she would have got him at 80).....She asked if we were coming home from the game, and we said yes, asked if we won, we said "not hardly".....she let him off, she figured we had been punished enough that night!!

injuredinmelee
11-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I learned the pulling over immediately thing from my brother who dirves with the pedal to the floor on every road and in every condition. He has gotten out of 9 straight tickets. He always pulls right over and tells them the truth. The best one was " is there a reason you were going this fast?" His reply " No i was just talkign to my dad on my phone and wasnt paying attention." He got out of that one. can you imagine. I guess the DPS just figured screw it at least he isnt a liar.

turbostud
11-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Ive gotten out of many tickets just by showing my military ID. I have had two speeding tickets in the last 13 years. One in Robstown and the other in Santa Rosa. I dont know what it is with Robstown but those cops wont budge. I hate driving through there on US77. OH yea and Driscoll also. Those cops are out to get ya.

NateDawg39
11-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Dude I got pulled over for going 98 in a 70! What kinda crap is that?!?!?!:mad: Honestly, What right do they have to pull ME over? But I got out of it!!! Yes I got out of a heffty ticket..I told the officer that I had to go to the bathroom really bad and was trying to get there before it was to late! HAHAHA I hate that I lied but dont care cause I have the same insurance AND saved 290 big ones . Oh and im not really upset I was pulled over but just thought I would make yall think I was. LOL HEHEHEHEHE:rolleyes: :devil:

pirate4state
11-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
I hate driving through there on US77. OH yea and Driscoll also. Those cops are out to get ya. :mad: No joke! They take extreme pleasure in being a horse's a$$!!! Pettus is a huge speed trap, but luckly I've never been busted there!! I mean you gotta go from 70+ to 45 to 35 in less than a minute!! :eek: Kendleton is another nasty speed trap zone. :doh:

WitchyWoman
11-17-2005, 11:44 AM
and only you would ask about something that involves drinking... :p :p ;) ;)

I was really proud of your first response Injured, my point exactly. A PI is completely up to the officers discretion and although I have never had a SINGLE LIQUOR TICKET in my life, I do feel that this could open a can of worms... There are some Officers out there that I really don't think should have this priveledge especially the younger ones that are trying to make the deans list with their new seargents on how many arrest they can make.......

Now Injured this response???? You don't know me........ lol

injuredinmelee
11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
I was really proud of your first response Injured, my point exactly. A PI is completely up to the officers discretion and although I have never had a SINGLE LIQUOR TICKET in my life, I do feel that this could open a can of worms... There are some Officers out there that I really don't think should have this priveledge especially the younger ones that are trying to make the deans list with their new seargents on how many arrest they can make.......

Now Injured this response???? You don't know me........ lol

no but i have been following you alot lately and peeking int he windows late at night... :eek:

44INAROW
11-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I told the officer that I had to go to the bathroom really bad and was trying to get there before it was to late!

Next time try the "attacking bees" technique they used in Tommy Boy - that was classic :D

big daddy russ
11-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Got a story for you.

I tend to get arrested every time the Spurs are in the championship. Don't know why, don't know how. Call it dumb luck, call it a curse, but it happens. Been arrested three times in my life... #1 was in June 1999, last time in June of this year, but the worst one was June of 2003. That's right... the last game of the Spurs' second championship.

So my sister, my best friend and me decide to road trip up to San Antonio after work for Game 6. I got off of work that day, booked it up to the Hard Rock Cafe on the Riverwalk, ordered dinner and watched the game with a packed house of crazed Spurs fans. Decided to have a couple of drinks. Couple as in two. Ordered the first one circa 8:00 p.m. The second one came a little over an hour later. Aaron (my friend) had the same number. My sis didn't drink that night.

Spurs win, we go crazy in downtown SA, have a good time, finish the party up with some food from Taco C and head home.

About 2:30 A.M., I'm asleep in the back of my old S-10. My sis is driving, Aaron's asleep in the front, and I get woke up by the sound of a Taft police officer (Taft is a tiny town in between Sinton and Gregory-Portland... less than 15 miles from my hometown) talking to my sister. She has an unpaid traffic ticket. They tell her to either go to an ATM or go to jail. She asks if she can bring the ATM to us.

My parents had been fishing in Portland until they got that call.

I had gone back to sleep because I didn't really care what was going on. We didn't do anything wrong, the 'rents were on the way, and we'd be outta here pretty soon. I was gonna catch some shuteye. So I found it weird that Aaron was asked to step out of truck.

Aaron's never been very agreeable with cops. Part of the problem is that he dated this little girl from Sinton... one of the San Pat sherriff's daughters for about three years and knew a lot of the procedures and stuff that police were supposed to go through. Didn't take kindly to being harrassed by anyone, much less a guy with a badge and a huge ego.

I hear them arguing, I finally tell him to get out of the car and just do what he says. It'll be alright.

Strike one.

I try to get back to sleep, but pop back up when I hear handcuffs being slapped on my boy. Officer asks me to step out of the vehicle.

I oblige and ask what's going on. In return get felt up like this guy's homosexual lover and I'm given a sobriety test. Cop #1 (San Pat Sherriff's deputy) clears me. Then cop #2 steps up to the plate.

Strike two.

This is the actual transcript from the conversation that ensued.

Cop #2: "Hey you big fat worthless lard, is he drunk?" (or something to that effect)

Cop #1: (Actually said this) "I cleared him, but if you want you can check him out."

So I got a second sobriety test, which I somehow failed. I was cuffed as our parents were pulling up, sent to county for the night, and took one of those two hour heavy duty showers the next morning because I had been violated.

Strange thing was, they wanted to take my parents' money AND send Jackie to jail. I know from experience (trust me, I KNOW) that it's one or the other, not both. My parents told them to go screw themselves.

On the ride to county, I asked the police officer if I could take a breathalyzer. I ASKED HIM.

No was the answer. Apparently, they're only required to give you a breathalyzer if you were arrested and charged with a DWI or DUI. A PI carries a completely different set of rules.

Our biggest mistake... no, check that... MY biggest mistake was telling Aaron to just do what the officer said and get out of the car. If we had stayed in the car, the officers couldn't have given us PI's.

And the happy ending to this story? It just keeps getting better and better.

Aaron and myself went to our court hearing with Jackie, my mom and my dad. All were witnesses. My mom and dad were walking past me as the officer was walking to the patrol car.

The judge over in Taft, older white guy, asked what we pleaded. Two counts of "not guilty."

We pleaded our case right there, without a defense lawyer, without a prosecutor. Or wait, the judge was the prosecutor.

That's right. Aaron, Jackie and I all testified that we each had a grand total of two drinks over the course of the six and a half hours leading up to the arrest. My parents said we didn't act like we were drunk when walking up to the car. Furthermore, they made it to the place about 20 minutes after we were pulled over, long before the cops took off and Pops was ready to fork over the cash.

The judge said that all he had to go by was the piece of paper in his hand, the police report, and that he found us guilty. No prosecutor (except him), no witnesses, no trial.

If I offended anyone in Sinton who may be friends with this guy, I hope and I pray that someday God would find someone that cares. You can tell him that Russell and Aaron don't much like him and we hope he loses his job. It's being dealt with right now (apparently it's not the first time this judge has done something like this), as I just sent off a judicial misconduct report to the state board last month and found out that this isn't the first time a report has been filed against him.

I'm sure IHStangFan knows all about the story. He's good buddies with both of us and whenever I get together with Aaron that's one of the stories that always comes up.

big daddy russ
11-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Dude I got pulled over for going 98 in a 70!
My little brother (stallion02...doesn't post a lot but does read occasionally) got a ticket for 91 in a 30 when he was 16. Got busted sneaking into his girlfriend's house at 2 in the morning on a school night... was trying to get away from daddy. :D

Personally, I would've taken the ticket too.

Ranger Mom
11-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Big Daddy Russ...you just made my day!

I hired a lawyer and in talking to him found out a whole slew of things that an officer can and can't ask you. Well, I guess they can ask whatever you want, you don't have to answer them though.

Name, address, license, insurance....that's about all you are required to give them.

You don't have to answer why you were speeding, if you have been drinking......it's sad I trust a lawyer more than law enforcement these days.

My daughters truck was rolled 2 weekends ago, as the DPS officer was questioning her, "had you been drinking", "were you speeding", "were you talking on your cellphone", etc......I thought about what the lawyer told me.

I told the DPS officer, "my lawyer said we aren't required to answer those questions...do I need to call him?....he said "no ma'am" and there were no more questions.

Come to find out....my daughter wasn't even the one DRIVING the truck!!!!

STANG RED
11-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We got pulled over coming home from San Angelo last week. The sheriff officer who pulled us over was a female officer who lives in Greenwood.

She informed my husband she clocked him going 74 in a 65 (if she had been a little quicker on the trigger, she would have got him at 80).....She asked if we were coming home from the game, and we said yes, asked if we won, we said "not hardly".....she let him off, she figured we had been punished enough that night!!
Did your hubby flash her some cleavage?
Thats probably what got ya off.

pirate4state
11-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If I offended anyone in Sinton who may be friends with this guy, I hope and I pray that someday God would find someone that cares. You can tell him that Russell and Aaron don't much like him and we hope he loses his job. It's being dealt with right now (apparently it's not the first time this judge has done something like this), as I just sent off a judicial misconduct report to the state board last month and found out that this isn't the first time a report has been filed against him. I'll be the first to agree that our "deputies" are a big, fat joke!!! I've always thought that most, not all, cops/deputies (especially in small towns) are the same kids that got bullied in school and they've never been able to "adjust" so now that they are in a "power" position become the bully. :rolleyes: I've never had to deal with Sinton's finest, but my dad worked for the sheriff's dept. for 26 years and I've heard stories!!! :eek:

pirate4state
11-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Big Daddy Russ...you just made my day!

I hired a lawyer and in talking to him found out a whole slew of things that an officer can and can't ask you. Well, I guess they can ask whatever you want, you don't have to answer them though.

Name, address, license, insurance....that's about all you are required to give them.

You don't have to answer why you were speeding, if you have been drinking......it's sad I trust a lawyer more than law enforcement these days.

My daughters truck was rolled 2 weekends ago, as the DPS officer was questioning her, "had you been drinking", "were you speeding", "were you talking on your cellphone", etc......I thought about what the lawyer told me.

I told the DPS officer, "my lawyer said we aren't required to answer those questions...do I need to call him?....he said "no ma'am" and there were no more questions.

Come to find out....my daughter wasn't even the one DRIVING the truck!!!! This is correct. I love working for a lawyer. If you have been drinking and driving (a BIG NO NO :mad: ) do not blow, do not take the field sobriety test, just ask to be taken to jail. This way when you go to court all you have is the DPS officer's word against yours and who do you think the jury will side with? ;) :D You can bet that someone on that jury has been busted drinking & driving or has done it and not been caught.

DISCLAIMER: I do not condone drinking & driving. :foul:

big daddy russ
11-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'll be the first to agree that our "deputies" are a big, fat joke!!! I've always thought that most, not all, cops/deputies (especially in small towns) are the same kids that got bullied in school and they've never been able to "adjust" so now that they are in a "power" position become the bully. :rolleyes: I've never had to deal with Sinton's finest, but my dad worked for the sheriff's dept. for 26 years and I've heard stories!!! :eek:
It's so weird cause Aaron's ex "father-in-law" was a great guy. You may know him, his name's Steve Hutchins, I think he's the lead investigator of the San Pat Sherriff's Office. I'd vouch for him any day of the week. He gave me the recliner in my living room that I've come to know and love and I gave him... well, I don't really know what I gave him.

Ranger Mom
11-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Did your hubby flash her some cleavage?
Thats probably what got ya off.

:eek: :eek: :confused:

pirate4state
11-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's so weird cause Aaron's ex "father-in-law" was a great guy. You may know him, his name's Steve Hutchins, I think he's the lead investigator of the San Pat Sherriff's Office. I'd vouch for him any day of the week. He gave me the recliner in my living room that I've come to know and love and I gave him... well, I don't really know what I gave him. I know Steve. :) He is one of the good guys. A good 'ol boy in the best possible way. ;)

jakarta101
11-17-2005, 12:59 PM
I just always tell the officer that I am in a big hurry because i have to take a.....well you know........it has about an 80% success rate!

Ranger Mom
11-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by jakarta101
I just always tell the officer that I am in a big hurry because i have to take a.....well you know........it has about an 80% success rate!

LOL! My son got stopped for speeding and said he was trying to get home before he got sick. As the officer was writing the ticket, my son opened the door and puked on his shoes!

If only he puked BEFORE he started writing the ticket, he may have gotten out of it!!

:D :D