tigerettedad
11-16-2005, 02:35 PM
who is going to be the home team?

bccards
11-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Bridge City is the home team

tigerettedad
11-16-2005, 02:38 PM
great!!! i'm from silsbee and i want ya'll to win and i was sure hoping ya'll were on the home side !!!!!!!!!!!!!! see ya'll friday night should be a showdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bccards
11-16-2005, 03:28 PM
thanks! we appreciate every fan that wishes to set on our side (except Jody!) We hope to see you there. Bridge City can beat Jasper, but will have to come with their A-Game instead of the D-Game they brought against WO-S. :D

2005chic
11-16-2005, 05:49 PM
good luck to both teams, and may the best team win. both teams are really good. this should be an interesting game!!!

X Man
11-16-2005, 06:11 PM
bccards, give us a break. D Team??? The Cardinals played a good game. Probably the best game they played all year.

ALLSPORTSGUY
11-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by X Man
bccards, give us a break. D Team??? The Cardinals played a good game. Probably the best game they played all year.

I wouldn't go so far to say the best game of the year. I do not think they had that many turnovers in a single game this year. In the first quarter they weren't executing like they are capable. I know I know before you start typing it was because they were playing the best team they have ever or may ever face in their high school careers.lol I do not think it was the best game they have played and I would venture to say my opinion has more weight since I have been to every game they played.IMO

bccards
11-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by X Man

Maybe I should have said "D-Team in the 1st half" lol

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by bccards
Maybe I should have said "D-Team in the 1st half" lol

It wouldn't matter bccards, they would attack you anyways for it...lol

GS#17
11-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Too bad the Cards brought their "D-game" against WOS this year. Really, it's a shame they choked (just like they did last year). I kind of figured nobody here would actually say they lost because they were outcoached or outplayed, but I never really thought a BC fan would claim they lost because they lacked the mental toughness to play WOS. ;)

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 08:55 PM
See......lol:D

bccards
11-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
It wouldn't matter bccards, they would attack you anyways for it...lol

You're right -- All WO-S folks want to hear is "Yes, You are THAT GOOD" :D You're durned if ya do durned if ya don't with those guys! hehehe.. I have nothing but respect for the Mustangs. Either way, Best of luck to our neighbors, let's both come out with wins and represent 24-3A! :cool:

GS#17
11-16-2005, 09:26 PM
LOL... I'm glad you took note of the ;) in the earlier post and realized I was just kidding around. I know you all realize who won the game and all that happens from here on out is just talk between fans. Best of luck to you all too -- you're running into a tough squad this weekend, and in my opinion, one of the best teams in the state at this point. Jasper has a ton of talent and speed, but what's new? It seems they just have a knack of getting a bunch of great, athletic players, and this year is nothing new. This is what playoff football is all about, though -- each game, you're playing someone awfully tough that has a bunch of weapons, any one of which can end a season almost single-handedly. All teams who made it this far (even the Cards ;) ) have earned a ton of respect in my book.

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Good save:D

3ABirdMan
11-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks, GS#17. Every Card fan with any sense at all knows Jasper will be another true test, just like you guys were. I think we are all encouraged that we played so poorly the first half, and so much better the second half against your guys, and ended up in the game, without letting it get out control (with or without the Stangs help!). Those kids never gave up, and fought til the end. That's what makes me think we have what it takes to beat Jasper (and NO, I didn't say we were GOING to beat Jasper!)

This should be a great game, for our schools as well as anyone else who wants to watch a good HS football game while freezing their butt off!

Hupernikomen
11-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Thanks, GS#17. Every Card fan with any sense at all knows Jasper will be another true test, just like you guys were. I think we are all encouraged that we played so poorly the first half, and so much better the second half against your guys, and ended up in the game, without letting it get out control (with or without the Stangs help!). Those kids never gave up, and fought til the end. That's what makes me think we have what it takes to beat Jasper (and NO, I didn't say we were GOING to beat Jasper!)

This should be a great game, for our schools as well as anyone else who wants to watch a good HS football game while freezing their butt off!

Nothing wrong with you thinking BC can/will beat Jasper..you should you have a heck of a team and are capable.

I know I sure think we are going to knock the salt outta you guys.

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 09:45 PM
I agree 3ABirdman, Jasper is going to be a real war. The Cardinals will have to bring everything to beat them. I too think they have enough to beat Jasper, but I know it could go the other way if we don't execute well against this team. Bridge City for the most part has been playing it's subs in the second half with the exception of WOS and Anahuac. I certainly don't look at this game where we are easily rolling on them. This will be a hard fought game and if we don't have a good night of execution Jasper will surely be the victor.

Jody
11-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Look at the positive guys, in 3 weeks you can all watch BH play.......:D

3ABirdMan
11-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Look at the positive guys, in 3 weeks you can all watch BH play.......:D

I guess my wife will understand why I'm sitting on the BH side for that game, and you're sitting on the BC side!:eek:

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

I know I sure think we are going to knock the salt outta you guys.

Yes, but hopefully we will pepper you guys first:D

Z.Howard#20
11-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Bridge City bout to get destroyed!! Boy i shole wish Kirbyville can play u guys one more time. We started out slow but have managed to catch a fire. This Kirbyville team has really been overlooked. 40-12, um that will be the last time Bridge City beat Kirbyville. U guys would be in it for a rude of awakening if u think Kirbyville by far the weakest team yall have played.

Paratrooper
11-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Z.Howard#20
Bridge City bout to get destroyed!! Boy i shole wish Kirbyville can play u guys one more time. We started out slow but have managed to catch a fire. This Kirbyville team has really been overlooked. 40-12, um that will be the last time Bridge City beat Kirbyville. U guys would be in it for a rude of awakening if u think Kirbyville by far the weakest team yall have played.

Lets see we beat you THIS YEAR 40-12 (since you asked about the last time). Lets see we beat you 30-14 the year before. Then we didn't play you for a couple of years in 2001 we beat you 22-0. 2000 we beat you 49-07. I think a better question would be when is the last time you beat Bridge City.....lol:D

GS#17
11-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Lets see we beat you THIS YEAR 40-12 (since you asked about the last time). Lets see we beat you 30-14 the year before. Then we didn't play you for a couple of years in 2001 we beat you 22-0. 2000 we beat you 49-07. I think a better question would be when is the last time you beat Bridge City.....lol

Too much "this is our history vs. you." You've been reading too many WOS threads, Para... . ;)

X Man
11-17-2005, 07:25 AM
Yeah, I hear ya. I did not get to make the game, but I know BC always brings their best effort to WOS. Do I need to mention that many times turnovers are a result of the slobberknockers the defense is putting on the ball holder?

The BC/Jasper game will be a war. Wish I could make it and the WOS game, but as it is, I again have to work all weekend. I hope everyone comes home unhurt.

Paratrooper
11-17-2005, 07:35 AM
Here is the All-time record between Kirbyville and Bridge City. The last time Kville beat Bridge City was 1960 to answer your question. Bridge City holds a 7-2 lead in the series and averages BC 25.3 Kirbyville 12.4

1956 BC vs Kville..........00-38.....0-1
1960 BC vs Kville..........14-20.....0-2
1961 BC vs Kville..........26-00.....1-2
1992 BC vs Kville..........21-07.....2-2
1993 BC vs Kville..........33-12.....3-2
2000 BC vs Kville..........42-09.....4-2
2001 BC vs Kville..........22-00.....5-2
2004 BC vs Kville..........30-14.....6-2
2005 BC vs Kville..........40-12.....7-2

Paratrooper
11-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
Too much "this is our history vs. you." You've been reading too many WOS threads, Para... . ;)

LOL....Man, I really don't mind when WOS posts its history, because the history between the schools is what it is. However, this guy Z.Howard#20 wants to make Kville sound like they are some kind of dominant team and has dominated Bridge City......lol:D I just thought I would set the record straight

Paratrooper
11-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Does Jasper have any injuries coming into this game or key players out?