PDA

View Full Version : what about the kennedale wildcats (multi-merged threads)

hayden9212004
11-16-2005, 02:08 PM
how do you think they will do

hayden9212004
11-16-2005, 02:16 PM
do you think kennedalewill win or lose and by how mush

hayden9212004
11-16-2005, 02:22 PM
who do you think will win state this year

i think kennedale will state this year

Adidas410s
11-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by hayden9212004
do you think kennedalewill win or lose and by how mush

umm...I think Kennedale will win...by how MUCH??? against KAUFMAN I think they win by 10 :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
11-16-2005, 02:23 PM
who do you think will win state this year

i think kennedale will state this year

lol...geez you know you can write your homer kennedale stuff all in one thread and just call it "I love Kennedale...and this is why I am a homer!!!" :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
but make sure to go ahead and say why you think they will win state...and actually provide some insight for us here because there aren't many Kennedale people on the board. Just saying "well they are better than anybody else and they have a weak region and blah, blah, blah" yeah that won't fly for too long around here.

So what does Kennedale have this year that makes them such a good team?

hayden9212004
11-16-2005, 02:27 PM
they have a great running game they have played some good teams this year for the playoffs dont hate

Adidas410s
11-16-2005, 02:28 PM
GEEZ...CAN SOMEBODY COME COMBINE THIS GUYS THREADS? He has 4 posts about about the same thing...and it's 4 different threads! Freakin' board clogger...

Adidas410s
11-16-2005, 02:29 PM
they have played some good teams this year for the playoffs dont hate

come again??? I'm lost...

hayden9212004
11-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Well I may be a little bias, but the wing T is tough to defend if technique is correct. Ktown has decent speed and must use it due to lack of size, strength is a plus as Kennedale athlets have a rigerous weight program off season and they have 3 state finalist in poerlifting on the line. We look forward to playing Abilene wylie as these two great programs always put on a great show. We will just have to see what happens.

mwynn05
11-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Well I may be a little bias, but the wing T is tough to defend if technique is correct. Ktown has decent speed and must use it due to lack of size, strength is a plus as Kennedale athlets have a rigerous weight program off season and they have 3 state finalist in poerlifting on the line. We look forward to playing Abilene wylie as these two great programs always put on a great show. We will just have to see what happens. With the right athletes the wing T can be nearly impossible to stop with all of the deception involved

Adidas410s
11-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
With the right athletes the wing T can be nearly impossible to stop with all of the deception involved

10 years ago I would have said so and Garland even won state 5 years ago (approx.) running this offense but it requires a superior OL and great speed and execution from the skill players. However, one thing that has changed A LOT in the last few years is the speed that teams now have in their front 7. No longer do you have teams looking for run stopping DL and LB's that can knock people into next week. Instead, you have teams that are more concerned with speed in the front 7 to allow for a quicker pass rush (great against the popular spread offense) and LB's that are fast enough to cover WR's and RB's now. The LB speed is especially crucial so that teams can still put enough men "in the box" to contain the run but also be able to cover the pass without having to go to nickel and dime coverages.

hayden9212004
11-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Well I may be a little bias, but the wing T is tough to defend if technique is correct. Ktown has decent speed and must use it due to lack of size, strength is a plus as Kennedale athlets have a rigerous weight program off season and they have 3 state finalist in poerlifting on the line. We look forward to playing Abilene wylie as these two great programs always put on a great show. We will just have to see what happens

Adidas410s
11-16-2005, 02:59 PM
can I go ahead and start to c&p my thoughts from earlier in this thread so that I can get to 1500 quicker? Is that ok with the mom's??? :D

hayden9212004
11-16-2005, 03:07 PM
is that all you can say

Adidas410s
11-16-2005, 03:42 PM
is that all you can say

it's more than you can say evidently...like I said can I copy & paste my posts too?? Then again...I did get you to say something original so it IS progress! :D

hayden9212004
11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
kennedale has a good change to win state if they play like they did last game..............whayt do you think

bleedgreen
11-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Hayden, please, you're embarassing me.

chs_#75
11-16-2005, 05:51 PM
i agree, didnt kennedale beat everman? a powerhouse 4a??? not sure htough so dont bash me....

chuk

OLiNeMaN
11-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Kennedale has a good team, they have had good teams for the last 5 years. But there is a difference in good teams and GREAT teams. Kennedale is not unbeatable, obviously, looking at their record. The thing about the wing T is you must have a terrific offensive line. From what I've seen this year, the offensive line is hot and cold, some games they can play lights out, others not so well. With the running back they have in Norris, and the defense they have, the only thing I see that will determine their success in the near future, is the O-line. They are the heart of a team, especially a wing-t team, and if they dont play with heart, they wont play for much longer.

kenncat
11-16-2005, 09:29 PM
hayden yeah we have won the 1st round but chill out with the whole big talk on state. we have to take it one game at a time.

catdad
11-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Amen, kenncat. Keep your focus and take care of this week because, right now this week is all you have.

garageoffice
11-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
...and actually provide some insight for us here because there aren't many Kennedale people on the board.

There are actually several posters from Kennedale on the downlow (10-12, although not all are very active), but most are a little more rooted in reality than these posts indicate. Yes, Kennedale has a strong running game. Yes, Kennedale has a pretty good defense. Yes, Kennedale has beaten some very good teams this year. However, just like any sport, football is all about matchups and game plans. Sometimes you get a good matchup and sometimes you don't.

Kennedale lost to Kaufman the first time around because their game plan was horrible. They lost to Madison because they ran into a team that combined a great combination of size and speed on a night when they played probably their best game of the season so far. Most defenses can't stop Kennedale's offense unless they have a lot of speed and enough strength to tackle one-on-one consistently. I agree totally with OLiNeMaN, Kennedale's playoff fortunes lie in the play of their O-line.

I'd love to see Kennedale in the state championship, and I think they COULD get there if they play to the best of their ability each week. I certainly think they have a shot at the Region II championship; the four teams that are left there are pretty evenly matched, I think. After that, it's anybody's guess...you never really know until you play the other guy for real.

bleedgreen
11-17-2005, 06:30 AM
I was hoping the Kats could dedicate this next game to a former Kennedale football player who passed away this past week, Bob Winters. His 82 year-old father still gets excited at all the games he comes to. Good luck, Wildcats. We're behind you all the way.