PDA

View Full Version : You're a Texan if you understand these:

spiveyrat
11-16-2005, 01:41 PM
(For the most part)

1. You can properly pronounce Corsicana, Palestine, Decatur, Wichita Falls, San Antonio, Burnet, Boerne, Mexia, Waco, Amarillo, and Waxahachie.

2. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.

3. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.

5. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.

6. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.

7. You measure distance in minutes.

8. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.

9. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.

10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.

11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.

12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.

13. You have known someone who has had a belt buckle bigger than your fist.

14. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.

15. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.

16. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol; a Ford F350 4x4 is.

17. You know everything goes better with Ranch dressin'.

18. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.

19. You actually understand this and you are "fixin' to" send it to your friends.

20. Finally, you are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this conversation:

"You wanna coke?"

"Yeah."

"What kind?"

"Dr Pepper!"

Gobbla2001
11-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Had a problem with saying Decatur... I can say it now...

Decatur said she'll bring the food by this eenin', hope she dint Burnet...

sww-bull52
11-16-2005, 01:47 PM
I think I understand every one of'um. I have used number 12 this year. My son lives in Tulsa and is planning his wedding, but his little brother is in the playoffs. For some crazy reason he decided on Dec. 3rd and, hopefully, we will still be playing. I can only hope it works out to where I can attend both.

garageoffice
11-17-2005, 01:26 AM
"Can you count to 10?"

"'Corsican-a went to school."

"Can't you take off that hat?"

"Sure, but Mexia's messed up."

BMOC
11-17-2005, 02:12 PM
ttt............Understood this too well.

lostaussie
11-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

6. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.

I went to a funeral about a month ago, and 2 of the paul bearers were wearing sneakers.

SnyTigBaseB07
11-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Haha i dont know if i should laugh about this or be sad about how simple we texans really are lol. :D :D

pirate4state
11-17-2005, 02:48 PM
20. Finally, you are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this conversation:

"You wanna coke?"

"Yeah."

"What kind?"

"Dr Pepper!" :clap: :D Happens all the time. :kiss:

eagles_victory
11-17-2005, 02:53 PM
I was in Washington one time at a restaraunt and asked the waitress if she could refill my coke. Thinking she would ask what I had. I was drinking root beer and then she brought it back and I started drinking and realized what had happened.

HM33
11-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I say soda now instead of coke just to be a smart a$$ :P cuz i say it with a goofy tone.

STANG RED
11-17-2005, 03:44 PM
I've got one that is worse (or better) than #12.
My sister and mom are pissed at me because I wont commit to a date to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. If Sweetwater is still in the playoffs, we could play on Friday or Saturday either one. Thursday is already set to have meal with in laws. I said I would let them know for sure by the 20th. It didnt set too well.
I think they are questioning my priorities. Actually, I cant believe they would be so unaware of the situation, that they would even bother me with such trivial matters at this point and time.

smustangs
11-17-2005, 04:20 PM
understood all of em' and im proud of it to say im a TEXAN

JasperDog94
11-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've got one that is worse (or better) than #12.
My sister and mom are pissed at me because I wont commit to a date to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. If Sweetwater is still in the playoffs, we could play on Friday or Saturday either one. Thursday is already set to have meal with in laws. I said I would let them know for sure by the 20th. It didnt set too well.
I think they are questioning my priorities. Actually, I cant believe they would be so unaware of the situation, that they would even bother me with such trivial matters at this point and time. Good for you. Stick to your guns on this one.:)

mwynn05
11-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
"Can you count to 10?"

"'Corsican-a went to school."

"Can't you take off that hat?"

"Sure, but Mexia's messed up." the second one is wrong...

rhino33
11-17-2005, 04:58 PM
i am 100% texas... go us texans

Astrosdawg07
11-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by rhino33
i am 100% texas... go us texans

Boy I but you are a culture shock for your friends up theres.

Phantom Stang
11-17-2005, 05:43 PM

1. You can properly pronounce Corsicana, Palestine, Decatur, Wichita Falls, San Antonio, Burnet, Boerne, Mexia, Waco, Amarillo, and Waxahachie.
You could add Colorado City, and Alvord to that list.

SnyderMom
11-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
You could add Colorado City, and Alvord to that list.

I always get into trouble for the first one cause I'm from Colorado!!

but I think I've been here too long!!!:eek: :eek: :clap:

#14 - 'Beer, Bait, and Ammo yeah, we've got everything in between. We've got anything any old beer drinkin, hell raising bonifide redneck needs, we've got fishing hooks, we've got your dirty books, we've got rebel flags on the wall, sign says beer, bait and ammo yeah, you ask me they've got it all!!"

i've always liked that song!!! lol

ML05
11-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok...Color-aydo City? Amma right? lol Looking at this list, I am so Texan it's almost not even funny. Almost :D Thanks for posting it.

marlin fan
11-17-2005, 10:05 PM
*loves this thread*

BrahmaMom
11-17-2005, 11:01 PM
This is great--forwarded it to all my "dam Yankee friends, Texans--born & bred, and successfully transplanted". For gdornon's varsity career, Thanksgiving plans were made around football play-offs. His junior year, my mom wanted us all to be together for Thanksgiving, was very persistant--but I couldn't head east Thursday for dinner, go home and head west Friday for the play-offs. I was not popular. The sad ending to the story is that she died that Christmas morning after having a massive heart attack Christmas Eve morning at my house. Wish I could have gone back and done all that driving at Thanksgiving. Football IS just a game, even in Texas, when all is said and done. A GREAT GAME, but still a game.