PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Bridge City may be one of the best Division II games played this season

Old Cardinal
11-16-2005, 12:23 PM
It is kind of interesting in that the younger folks make brash prediction claims. The older folks might speculate but always say that these are two good teams going at it and it will be a good one.
You are pitting some very good athletes against one another Friday night.
To be quite honest, I don't think anyone of us have a real clue as to what is going to happen.
Judging from both of these teams performances this year they could both beat the hulk of the teams that made the Division II playoff this postseason.
Good luck to the boys of both teams. With RITA and other distractions you are still both playing good football at the present time.

WOS92
11-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Having played both, I predict a very close game in the first half with Jasper pulling away in the second half. It could easily go either way.

Old Cardinal
11-16-2005, 12:53 PM
That surely is a possibility. On the other hand, BC could possibly run up 31 points to 14 in the latter part of the game like they did in embarrassing W0-S who is supposed to be the best in Division I football.
Again, Know one knows for sure how this game will turn out...

duckbutter
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
LOL.........I think Jasper will pull it out late in the 4th.

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
And OC comes out swinging :D WOS is getting up! Lets see what happens next :clap:

wos fan1
11-16-2005, 01:32 PM
That's all OC ever does. We had such a big lead at half RBARKER and Jody left. We relaxed we had such a big lead..I say Jasper wins!

GUNHO
11-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
That surely is a possibility. On the other hand, BC could possibly run up 31 points to 14 in the latter part of the game like they did in embarrassing W0-S who is supposed to be the best in Division I football.
Again, Know one knows for sure how this game will turn out...
On the other hand,Jasper could possibly run up 27 points in the first part of the game as did W0-S embarrassing BC.Again,no one knows for sure how this game will turn out.:kiss:

Rainman
11-16-2005, 01:52 PM
And OC comes out swinging WOS is getting up! Lets see what happens next

Take him out.

WOS92
11-16-2005, 02:18 PM

What a classy ambassador for the folks in Bridge City! I post an objective post about how I see the game and this goofball decides to take a jab. That's fine. Maybe Jasper will put up 40+ points on the "best defense in Southeast Texas" like WO-S. A win is a win. I guess if your goal for your team is to "hang with" a good team or to "give them all they can handle" and then lose anyway, you must be riding pretty high, OC. Personally, I'd rather have the win.

Embarrass us? We won! I must admit, though - you're right. It IS embarrassing letting BC hang with us. Good point, although you're insulting your own team.

Oh, and 16-0, by the way.

hsfootballrules
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
beat a bulk of teams in division 2 is a bold statement with marlin waiting in the wings probably.

tigerettedad
11-16-2005, 02:32 PM
who is going to be the home team??????????

JasperDog94
11-16-2005, 02:53 PM
BC is the home team.

2005chic
11-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Good luck to both teams, although IMO Jasper will take this victory by at least 7.

X Man
11-16-2005, 03:06 PM
This guy (Old Fart) is a riot! Embarrass? Not hardly. I said early on that Bridge City's talent was being overlooked this year. I even asked Alan Z why he didn't have BC ranked in the Top 10, at least in the Houston area. With that in mind, although I never doubted the outcome, I am proud to say that "Once again, West Orange-Stark beat Bridge City". And this was with arguably Bridge City's finest team ever. Old Fart, you are so biased about West Orange, that you can't even see a compliment when it is handed to you.

Old Fart, get a life.

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
That's all OC ever does. We had such a big lead at half RBARKER and Jody left. We relaxed we had such a big lead..I say Jasper wins!

You forget you had that lead because Jody was there. Jody was responsible for more yards than Beasley in the 1st half:D

BigTex
11-16-2005, 03:45 PM
X-man- Keeping in mind that I in no way am defending O.C. , this is not the finest team BC has ever had.

sportsdog
11-16-2005, 03:55 PM
The team OLD CARD played for was the best.

Old Cardinal
11-16-2005, 04:37 PM
You sure are getting easier to stir up :D :D

Hindsight2020
11-16-2005, 05:08 PM
old card,

why do you insist on "stirring things up?" is that all you have left to do in life?? i, along with many others, get tired of reading the crap you post. make a decent post every now and then.....

you constantly down the mustangs, and it makes you look like a fool.

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by X Man
And this was with arguably Bridge City's finest team ever..

Are you kidding!!! Have you ever heard of the '66 Cardinals. That is absolutely the best team ever in Bridge City football.

Astrosdawg07
11-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by duckbutter
LOL.........I think Jasper will pull it out late in the 4th.

Hope so...

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Should be a good close game by two great teams. I think BC pulls it out in the end 35-26, but it really could go either way. Good luck to both teams

StangDog03
11-16-2005, 05:50 PM
old cardinal must have played in the wooden helmet era!!;)

X Man
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I guess the team that did the most was Steve Wooster's team. Of course, it is just a matter of conjecture as to whether this team was better or worse than some of the other state winning teams in the area. Anyway, I've seen Old Cardinal, and he is about that age. Of course, I'm sure he was much thinner then...........

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I guess the team that did the most was Steve Wooster's team. Of course, it is just a matter of conjecture as to whether this team was better or worse than some of the other state winning teams in the area. Anyway, I've seen Old Cardinal, and he is about that age. Of course, I'm sure he was much thinner then...........

That would be a never ending debate as to what was the all time best team, but as far as BC goes the Cardinals of '66 was the best team ever assembled.

j_dog
11-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
That would be a never ending debate as to what was the all time best team, but as far as BC goes the Cardinals of '66 was the best team ever assembled.
I think there should be no doubt about that.

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Here is the '66 Cardinals

Bridge City vs. Jacksonville.....35-06
Bridge City vs. Nederland.......14-34
Bridge City vs. Vidor...............31-00
Bridge City vs. Orange...........33-00
Bridge City vs. Silsbee............21-14
Bridge City vs. Cleveland........42-00
Bridge City vs. West Orange..33-00
Bridge City vs. Liberty............40-06
Bridge City vs. Jasper.............42-00
Bridge City vs. Forest Park.....34-00

playoffs
Bridge City vs. Conroe............41-17
Bridge City vs. Clear Creek.....36-07
Bridge City vs. San Marcos......28-07
Bridge City vs. McKinney.........30-06

avg 32.8 opp 6.9

If you go to this website this is the Texas Highschool football Hall of Fame. Steve Worster was inducted in 1986.
http://www.tshof.org/hsfb_inductees.htm

I am pretty sure Worster still holds the Orange County Rushing record. That is pretty impressive since this was almost 40 years ago.

X Man
11-17-2005, 10:00 AM
There is no doubt that the 66 team had the best record of any BC team ever assembled, but how this team would stack up against any other BC team is speculative. You have to take all other teams that particuliar year, and think about their strength. And that is all speculative too. What is not speculative is the fact that they put a whooping on all other teams that year. How they would have stacked up against the Orange-Stark Tigers with David Foster at QB, is another story. Of course, that team was 4A and BC was 3A then, if I remember correctly.

So, what position did Old Fart play? I bet End, Guard and Tackle. (sat on the End or the bench, Guard the water bucket and Tackle anyone who tried to take it)

Old Cardinal
11-17-2005, 11:17 AM
To X Man and WOS 92: Why don't you two spend some time trying to get some of the crackhouses shut down in Orange instead of attacking the other citizens outside the West Orange-Shrinkers-- county areas.

NateDawg39
11-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by StangDog03
old cardinal must have played in the wooden helmet era!!;) He still could have wrecked you rookie!:)

NateDawg39
11-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Sorry but I had to get 667 cause of the number before it...made me feel ackward:o

Hindsight2020
11-17-2005, 11:38 AM
To X Man and WOS 92: Why don't you two spend some time trying to get some of the crackhouses shut down in Orange instead of attacking the other citizens outside the West Orange-Shrinkers-- county areas.

typical oc post.

so orange is the only city with crackhouses????? you need to take a long look at your community as well.......

Old Cardinal
11-17-2005, 11:46 AM
I have, and I commend the local BC law enforcement people for keeping an on going effort to root out crime and violence and keep it out of our community. And yes-- they have local community citizen support. Do you want to see the county records of where the bulk of the crimes are committed in Orange County?

NateDawg39
11-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020
typical oc post.

so orange is the only city with crackhouses????? you need to take a long look at your community as well....... Would you babys take it somewhere else...or go to your timeout corners!

sportsdog
11-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh my enough is enough. I grew up in West Orange with 5 brothers and sisters.
Yes, I moved away because my husband's job took us to another town.

Every town has their own problems. No town is immuned to crime.

But I must say I miss going to Hudnall's grocery as a child and the old ABC store.
The Green Light and the Wig Wam was a big hangout for all the kids. Old Mr. Newton at Oates was the best crossing guard you can find.

Many good people came from W.O. and I bet there are still good people there today. Every time I come "HOME" to this area I always drive around WO to remember all the happy times I had there growing up.

Although I live far away I appreciate my childhood memories and my high school that I graduated from. I still pull for the Mustangs even though I was a CHIEF.
I still get offended by people who degrade this area.
Good Luck to my old MUSTANGS

Mustang Fan
11-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Don't worry about him Hindsight 2020, Old Card is just bitter because of 4 numbers.

41-34

&

16-0.

Enough Said!!!

But now he will go on and on about CC, Tennis, Band, Debate, Water Polo, Underwater Basket Weaving, Basketball, Baseball, Horseshoes, Swimming and Diving. So I guess it is useless!!!!

JasperDog94
11-17-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm sorry. I must have clicked on the wrong thread. I thought this thread was about Jasper and Bridge City, not at WOS/BC pi$$ing match. Silly me...

X Man
11-17-2005, 12:49 PM
sportsdog, You and I are of the same era. I, too, grew up there and remember all those places. Old Fart is living in a glass house with blinders on. There are crack houses in his area being watched right now. He's just too blind to see it or doesn't have enough sense to realize it.

Back to the game! I am really interested in the outcome of the BC/Jasper game! Early on, I would have said Jasper would win this one, without hesitation. Now, as the season progressed, Jasper stumbled a couple of times, while BC (despite Tarver's best attempts to foil it) has continually got better. As the season wore on though, Jasper seems to have regained thier footing. I see a war in which either team could come out the winner. It will probably get down to whoever makes the most mistakes, fumbles and penalties, is the loser.

wos fan1
11-17-2005, 12:49 PM
It never stops! Wonder why?? :rolleyes:

kosmo
11-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm sorry. I must have clicked on the wrong thread. I thought this thread was about Jasper and Bridge City, not at WOS/BC pi$$ing match. Silly me...

Amen, brother. I can't remember a thread yet involving Jasper and BC that hasn't turned into an argument about BC/WOS. The game's over and done. MOVE ON!!!

BigTex
11-17-2005, 01:15 PM
on behalf of the Bridge City community, please accept our apologies for the many wildly innaccurate and insensitive postings by Old Cardinal. We as a group do not share his feelings and/or lack of vision. He is the white man's answer to Rev. Al Sharpton. No matter what he says is going to rub everyone the wrong way. He is not a bad guy and we appreciate his support for our team. We only wish he would not make our town and school appear to share his myopic views to all the good folks on the downlow. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled program.............:rolleyes:

Old Cardinal
11-17-2005, 03:12 PM
To Kosmos & Big Tex: I am not sure just who put you two in charge of Bridge City. Both of you seem quite autocratic and assume you are totally in charge--probably teacher backgrounds.
I do apologize for being insensitive in many cases; however, you would not believe how many across the county have shaken my hand and said that I have presented an accurate view of school and/or city politics for Orange County.
I have supported and worked with youth all my life and do not plan to stop and will continue my efforts to support youth activities on the 3A Down Low.

To the folks of 3A Down Low--any statements that I make on here reflects my individual beliefs and accessments and of course not the beliefs of everyone in my community. My area like yours is a combination of liberals and conservatives; people with hidden agendas and personal motives plus folks that don't want the truth exposed. We all have a few folks that are out to expose and folks that want things suppressed.
It was easy to have meaningful dialogue on here at one time without "big me, little you" interjections that started a little over a year ago.
Remember any thing that I say is my own personal beliefs, research and understandings.

X Man
11-17-2005, 03:32 PM
You guys are right. After allready knowing Old Fart's agenda, I should never have even responded to his statements. I have made several comments, on this thread, about the BC and Jasper game though. In the future, if I have anything to say to Old Fart, I'll PM him, as I have allready done.

Sorry Guys.

Astrosdawg07
11-17-2005, 05:09 PM
When I checked this thread out I thought I would be reading about Jasper vs Bridge City, but I was wrong.

X Man
11-17-2005, 05:42 PM
There are notes about the game throughout the thread. If BC wins, they will have proven that they are a serious state contender. If Jasper wins, it will prove that they have the resources and experience to move forward in the playoffs. It will be interesting!

Hupernikomen
11-17-2005, 05:52 PM
There are notes about the game throughout the thread. If BC wins, they will have proven that they are a serious state contender. If Jasper wins, it will prove that they have the resources and experience to move forward in the playoffs. It will be interesting!

So Jasper won't be a serious state contender if we win, but that we have resources and experience?

bulldogbark
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
man how come we cant be state contenders if we win??????:( :(

Paratrooper
11-17-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't agree with X-mans assessment. I think Bridge City and Jasper are ALREADY state contenders. Either one of these teams could take it all the way this year. Whoever gets beat will have been beaten by a quality team.

tiger mama
11-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Regardless of who you support, come see us at the concesstion stands. We will have turkey legs, links, boudain, frito pies, nachos, popcorn, hot chocolate, and various other things. Proceeds to football program, band, and general school fund. Thanks.

j_dog
11-17-2005, 08:30 PM
..... How they would have stacked up against the Orange-Stark Tigers with David Foster at QB, is another story. Of course, that team was 4A and BC was 3A then, if I remember correctly.
Actually, Stark was 3a (the OLD 3a that is now 4a), and BC was 2a. I think BC moved up to 3a in 64??

I am certain Stark was 3a because they were in Jasper's district, and whipped us to the tune of 65-6 or so. The mere fact that Jasper scored was the big "upset". It was only 6-19 at that point, and it sure seemed to tick off the Tigers! :(

Hupernikomen
11-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by tiger mama
Regardless of who you support, come see us at the concesstion stands. We will have turkey legs, links, boudain, frito pies, nachos, popcorn, hot chocolate, and various other things. Proceeds to football program, band, and general school fund. Thanks.

How about BBQ possum or fried sweet pataters?

bulldogbark
11-17-2005, 09:02 PM
man hup you making me hungry for vittls:)

WOS1
11-17-2005, 11:56 PM
people with hidden agendas and personal motives plus folks that don't want the truth exposed.

The problem here OC is that "truths" fabricated in your own mind are not necessarily "truths" in reality. You, obviously, fail to make that connection. This is why, so many times, your "truths" turn out to be "untruths".

j_dog
11-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Barbers Hill gave up 326 yards rushing to Hardin Jefferson!!! Their run defense is terrible!

Well, the one thing Kirbyville did do well against Jasper was run, and run, and run. Must say, those cats are fast.

3afan
11-18-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by tiger mama

someone buy a turkey leg and send it to me! please! :D

hookandladder
11-18-2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by BigTex
on behalf of the Bridge City community, please accept our apologies for the many wildly innaccurate and insensitive postings by Old Cardinal. We as a group do not share his feelings and/or lack of vision. He is the white man's answer to Rev. Al Sharpton. No matter what he says is going to rub everyone the wrong way. He is not a bad guy and we appreciate his support for our team. We only wish he would not make our town and school appear to share his myopic views to all the good folks on the downlow. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled program.............:rolleyes:

I can see why his own community does not share his feelings and or lack of vision.He comes on this board present his case and if you do not agree he's offended. Especially WOS fans. I do not care who wins the game but I do have a couple friends who coach at Jasper, so I say Jasper by 10. Don't be to offended OC., just a prediction.

X Man
11-18-2005, 12:34 PM
MY brother is a little older than me, and played on the 1963 West Orange Chiefs team that won the district title in 10-3A, and uring this time, Stark was 1 classification higher, if I remember correctly. It WAS a long time ago.