PDA

View Full Version : Dave Campbell - 3A Predictions

footballgal
11-15-2005, 11:48 PM
http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=33&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=483&change_well_id=2

....Texas Football's pick: We see two clear favorites in each half of the bracket: Liberty Hill and Cuero. So we'll make that our regional final. The winner?

We went with our preseason No. 1 in 5A (Southlake Carroll), as we did in 4A (La Marque). The streak stops there. Considering they've scored at least seven TDs in 7 of 10 games, we see Liberty Hill upsetting Cuero to advance to the state semifinals.

Division II predictions:

A quick refresher, we're down to Snyder in Region I, Tatum in Region II, Cameron Yoe in Region III and Liberty Hill in Region IV. Some might be unexpected, but there's only 3 losses between these teams.
Last year, a 3-3A team made a title game (Abilene Wylie). That streak stays alive when Snyder beats Tatum to advance to the finals, where they'll face Cameron Yoe, who uses the pass to beat Liberty Hill's ground attack in a sign of the new power offense in Texas.

But this new offense won't be able to mow down a defense that returned nine starters from last year's state semifinal team. Snyder beats Cameron Yoe for the DII title, giving District 3-3A its second state title in as many years....

crabman
11-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Wrong on Snyder. Hopefully wrong on Cuero.

Cuero's run defense is pretty durn good. We have four defensive ends and four defensive tackles we rotate in as well as two of the fastest linebackers in our part of the state.

All of the touchdowns Cuero gave up this year tended to be on tipped passes or bad pass coverage. I think it will be a blessing to play a running team.

Tweeder215
11-16-2005, 01:38 AM
Hopefully he picked the right district though...GO MUSTANGS!!!!

Aesculus gilmus
11-16-2005, 07:02 AM
This is the same magazine which picked Gilmer to finish third in District 13-3A.

It is too bad Dave Campbell's name is attached to this. Some guy named Padilla actually laid the egg on that prediction. DC sold his mag years ago to Host Communications, Inc. BTW, this is the same company which produces Texas Longhorns' broadcasts. It is a sports media conglomerate.

Looks like Padilla or someone like him has laid a whole bunch more here.

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-16-2005, 08:12 AM
why in the world does he have wylie and snyder from district 3.

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
why in the world does he have wylie and snyder from district 3.

Probably the same reason they have "Joe" Escamilla from LH. :rolleyes:

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 08:21 AM
He's got Bridge City playing Yoe for the Regions 3 Championship with Yoe advancing. I think he should have eluded to it is really a tossup in D2 Region 3 and it could be several teams that get the nod to advance.

Rainman
11-16-2005, 08:21 AM
This man laid some serious eggs.

injuredinmelee
11-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I say everyyear that I am not goign to buy the magazine again but I always do. Its habit. Been waiting in line for it every year since I was 14. I even still have them all. Most of them are in good shape except the ones that have Longhorns ont eh cover the last few years because my son wants to carry them around everywhere he goes. We had a fight with him this morning because he wanted to wear his Longhorn Helmet to school again. He has a aide there at his school that keeps trying to get him to say Go Aggies. They called me a couple of weeks ago cause he told her Aggies suck! I raise em right boys and girls i raise em right.

As far as the predictions... Cuero wins DII this year. Just my thought.

theyoefnshow
11-16-2005, 09:54 AM
:D I like what I see.....

Adidas410s
11-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
As far as the predictions... Cuero wins DII this year. Just my thought.

way to take the obvious pick...gah!:D

injuredinmelee
11-16-2005, 10:14 AM
well i have said all year that Cuero wins whatever bracket they go into. Also reiterating that gainesville will win DI.

gobblerfan02
11-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
well i have said all year that Cuero wins whatever bracket they go into. Also reiterating that gainesville will win DI. I picked the same two teams to win it this season!

yoemenkracker30
11-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Probably the same reason they have "Joe" Escamilla from LH. :rolleyes:

this years book was horrible, he spelled almost everybody's name wrong from cameron, even head coach mike mullins!

Gobbla2001
11-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I like reading picks, so I appreciate effort in giving us something to read, and I do not take them too seriously...

Just found it funny that the magazine picked Cuero to win it all in D2 this year and are now going to a different team, not even picking Cuero to get out of the region (like I said, I could care less, it doesn't mean anything, just pointing out stuff, not whining)...

What do you know, Dave? Let me know haha...

STANG RED
11-16-2005, 01:51 PM
I quit buying Dave Campbells a few years back.
It's about as reliable as the Enquirer now.

KingRob
11-16-2005, 05:58 PM
It's a little strange how he says LH power offense will win the game over Cuero, then states Yoe passing will vault them over LH. So, Cuero doesn't have a passing game? I'm sure Cuero could've racked up more points in several games this year, but I don't think Coach Reeves works that way.

Let's GO CUERO!

3afan
11-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
It's a little strange how he says LH power offense will win the game over Cuero, then states Yoe passing will vault them over LH. So, Cuero doesn't have a passing game? I'm sure Cuero could've racked up more points in several games this year, but I don't think Coach Reeves works that way.

Let's GO CUERO!

didnt say "Cuero doesn't have a passing game" ... dont read between the lines in an attempt to discredit just cause your team was picked to lose

and yes, I am defending DCTF ... so sue me

3A Picks (http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=33&url_article_id=503&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

KingRob
11-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Still strange that he wouldn't pick up on Cuero's great passing game. Kyle's hot right now. Don't worry, I'm not going to sue you! However, you sound a bit uptight. Not getting any loving up there in Va? ;)

3afan
11-16-2005, 06:15 PM
:eek:

:tongue:

Gobbla2001
11-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
I'm sure Cuero could've racked up more points in several games this year, but I don't think Coach Reeves works that way.

Let's GO CUERO!

Take our last two regular season games as an example, Cuero was up 35-0 and 38-0 at halftime, a total of 17 points were scored by Cuero in the second halves of both games combined...

Cuero's 49-0 win against Luling was ugly in the first half as well, forget how much was scored in the first half, though...

The only games this year the starters played into the 4th qt while Cuero had a big lead was the game against West Oso and the game against La Grange... It was the first and second games for an inexperienced team, Coach let them play and get their feet wet, but they were not airing it out in that qt against LG, but did throw once in the 4th against West Oso, was a TD...

j_dog
11-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
He's got Bridge City playing Yoe for the Regions 3 Championship with Yoe advancing. I think he should have eluded to it is really a tossup in D2 Region 3 and it could be several teams that get the nod to advance.
Well, at least he has the guts to lay it on the line and make a firm prediction. Of course, I think he will be proven wrong. :D

sportfan53
11-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I picked the same two teams to win it this season! Totally agree on D1 anyway. The Leopards have got too many weapons. Beginning with one of the best coaching staffs going. Jump on the Big Red Train.

NateDawg39
11-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I quit buying Dave Campbells a few years back.
It's about as reliable as the Enquirer now. Well he isnt a sports psych, its just fun to read up on the teams and see who is ranked and fun to watch most of his rankings fall in the first 3 weeks.

injuredinmelee
11-17-2005, 10:31 AM
it doesnt matter how crappy a team was in 4a if they drop into 3A DCTF ranks them top ten.

STANG RED
11-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Well he isnt a sports psych, its just fun to read up on the teams and see who is ranked and fun to watch most of his rankings fall in the first 3 weeks.
I guess I would buy it again if they got the price back down to where it belongs. It's at least worth something to just get the facts about each team. That is, if they are the actual facts.