PDA

View Full Version : Jasper, from a BC perspective

GS#17
11-15-2005, 10:09 PM
From Bridge City's County Record Newspaper:

The Cardinals (8-1) get the game that everyone wanted to see back on September 23 when Jasper was on the schedule. Although it’s the same season, the Bulldogs (7-3) are a bit of a different team.

The biggest change is that they got rid of their “T.O.” Quarterback Gilbert Moye, who was one of the top junior quarterback prospects in the state, was also a cancer on the team. Constant problems came to a head when Rita hit and he tried to transfer to Diboll. After that didn’t work the Bulldogs didn’t want him back.

Normally that’s a good move for their opposition but his so-called back up Terrence Scott, has shown that he just needed an opportunity. I got a chance to see Scott for a series against WOS and we were “wowing” at him until he fumbled.

Even without Moye, Jasper has amazing depth at the skill positions. You may even see a guy who hasn’t run the ball all year step in and bust one for 50.

Bridge City will have to do what they’ve done to many teams this season and that is to out execute them. The Cardinals can’t match up with the Bulldogs pound for pound but they can outsmart them with good play calling and the ability of selling the play.

Running back Dale Armand is due to break out as well. The senior who was averaging a hundred yards a game has been bottled up the past two weeks, gaining only 39 yards against Cleveland.

Quarterback Johnny Dishon has picked up the slack with receivers Derrick Coleman and Cody Sparks as targets, but Armand is the grease on the wheel that keeps the defense guessing.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
The Cardinals can’t match up with the Bulldogs pound for pound but they can outsmart them with good play calling and the ability of selling the play.

i was pissed till i read this....then i just laughed. You may outsmart the coaches from cleveland and the likes of them.....but you do NOT outsmart coach farrarh and the defenseive staff. Ask Mr. Shipley and Mr. Mcgee about that.

*note* while we did lose that game, it was called by many the best game plan they had ever seen in a high school football game

*second note* i also do not condone what they said about gilbert, that was completely inacurate and very uncalled for, i'm going to print this off and take it to coach and see if we cant call the paper or something....thats just not right

wos fan1
11-15-2005, 10:22 PM

The Cardinals (8-1) get the game that everyone wanted to see back on September 23 when Jasper was on the schedule. Although it’s the same season, the Bulldogs (7-3) are a bit of a different team.

The biggest change is that they got rid of their “T.O.” Quarterback Gilbert Moye, who was one of the top junior quarterback prospects in the state, was also a cancer on the team. Constant problems came to a head when Rita hit and he tried to transfer to Diboll. After that didn’t work the Bulldogs didn’t want him back.

Normally that’s a good move for their opposition but his so-called back up Terrence Scott, has shown that he just needed an opportunity. I got a chance to see Scott for a series against WOS and we were “wowing” at him until he fumbled.

Even without Moye, Jasper has amazing depth at the skill positions. You may even see a guy who hasn’t run the ball all year step in and bust one for 50.

Bridge City will have to do what they’ve done to many teams this season and that is to out execute them. The Cardinals can’t match up with the Bulldogs pound for pound but they can outsmart them with good play calling and the ability of selling the play.

Running back Dale Armand is due to break out as well. The senior who was averaging a hundred yards a game has been bottled up the past two weeks, gaining only 39 yards against Cleveland.

Quarterback Johnny Dishon has picked up the slack with receivers Derrick Coleman and Cody Sparks as targets, but Armand is the grease on the wheel that keeps the defense guessing. :eek:

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Is this true about Orange, Texas.....:D :D :D

BigTex
11-15-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't believe the writer of this article is from Bridge City. I think he in fact lives in Orange. Check it out before you make rash judgements.:thinking: This isn't CSI stuff!!

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Got busted by the rookie........LOL:D

Hupernikomen
11-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'

*second note* i also do not condone what they said about gilbert, that was completely inacurate and very uncalled for, i'm going to print this off and take it to coach and see if we cant call the paper or something....thats just not right

I totally agree. What he said is National Enquirer quality not newspaper worthy.

I don't have a clue who this guy is or for whom he works, but he deserves to have his job taken for his slanderous remarks about G. Moye and the Jasper program. Where he got his info. is what I would like to know because it sounds like a bunch of armchair quarterback regurgitation. Jasper never denied G. Moye anything and if this moron reporter has proof otherwise he should cite his sources. As for as Moye being a distraction on the field the likes of T.O. is ridiculous. Sure we all heard RUMORS about coaches wanting to move him from QB, or that he felt they were running him too much but that is all just fan talk. To actually print something like that without direct quotations from those affected is scandulous.

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 11:24 PM

Hup I wouldn't get too exited about this article. Bridge City certainly doesn't call high school kids from Jasper "a cancer", nor do we refer to a high school kid in a degoratory manner calling him T.O. Sounds more like a W 0 S thread than anything.

I don't think a harsh word of this type has come on the boards from any BC fan to a Jasper fan. It will be a good game on Friday.

setex
11-15-2005, 11:25 PM
GS#17

Who wrote the article and did you copy and paste from net?

Where is the link?

Pal-town-thug
11-15-2005, 11:30 PM
yo wo boys got caught. That is wrong

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by setex
GS#17

Who wrote the article and did you copy and paste from net?

Where is the link?

The only place you will find this link is on the W0S website. These guys are so ridiculous and they wonder why people get on their case.

Hupernikomen
11-15-2005, 11:35 PM
All I know is that this is being reported as from a newspaper that comes from B.C. If that is true then the guy who wrote should be fired for his unsubstantiated claims, and should be ashamed of himself for smearing the character of fine young man and his community.

j_dog
11-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Well, at least the article was not ALL bad from a Jasper perspective. We do perhaps have a bit of depth at the skill positions, especially now that the freshmen and sophmores have joined the team. :) But Scott was and is more than a "so called backup". :p

But the comments about Moye are definitely out of line. :mad: Get on the coaches if one wants, but the kids are still kids. They should be protected from such comments.

setex
11-15-2005, 11:37 PM
GS#17, pretty stand up guy, kool-aid drinker but not one to start a rumour like this.

bulldogbark
11-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Why would WO-S post something like this...Jasper fans on here and on both our site and WO-S site get along just fine,,, we have met each other and have done several meet and greets so what would be the benifitt of them to post something like this???

answeres?

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
and if it is a hoax then whoever started it should be ashamed of themselves for smearing the character of fine young man and his community.

Remember who your dealing with:eek: W zero-Stark is still trying to stir the pot. You figure they have a big game coming up this week and would concentrate on that.
The only Bridge City paper is called the Penny Record. However, the Penny Record does not have a web site. They are just a local paper. You can go on yahoo and look for yourself. Type in the penny record...all you will find is it will give you the directions how to get there. He won't produce the link, because it does not exist. On top of that, for it to be written in this manner he would have had to have copied it from a digital source to get it in this format to paste it on here. It's just W zero-Stark trying to stir it up with BC and Jasper.

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark

answeres?

It may be because of the "Is it true about Orange, Texas" post.

Crimestick
11-15-2005, 11:52 PM
I just read this and it IS in fact in the paper in question. WO-S fans and Jasper fans get along. We have a healthy rivalry (with both teams actually earning wins).

With all due respect to Jasper, why would we worry about "stirring it up" with two teams who we already beat this year?

By the way, does the "zero" in West "zero" Stark stand for our losses to Bridge City (in 16 tries)? I like it.

setex
11-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Who wrote it Crime?

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick

By the way, does the "zero" in West "zero" Stark stand for our losses to Bridge City (in 16 tries)? I like it.

No, actually I was referring to your TAKS scores.:D :clap:

Crimestick
11-15-2005, 11:55 PM
I read it at work this afternoon and don't get the paper here in Orange, but I'll post it here in the AM.

setex
11-15-2005, 11:57 PM
I found it KOGT (http://www.kogt.com/kogt_airplay.htm)

Crimestick
11-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Hmmm... Don't think we scored "zero," so you might want to amend that. (Although I think it is really funny that you had to clap for YOURSELF). :D

You do, on the other hand, have ZERO wins against us. Must suck.

I figured it either stood for your wins against us or for your tolerance for black families to move in.

Hupernikomen
11-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
I just read this and it IS in fact in the paper in question. WO-S fans and Jasper fans get along. We have a healthy rivalry (with both teams actually earning wins).

With all due respect to Jasper, why would we worry about "stirring it up" with two teams who we already beat this year?

I can't even find where this newspaper exsist. Whoever wrote that is tampering with a young man's future. He undoubtedly has recruiters from all over the country wanting him to visit their schools, but when crap like this gets made up about someone and spread around I think it is a crime if in media print. If it was just made up on a message board I stand behind what I said early..they ought to be ashamed of themselves and glad I am not a moderator of whatever website they generated the nonsense on.

I want to know who wrote the article and a phone number of this "newspaper" that people in B.C. doesn't exsist.

Don't come on message boards quoting some article in some newspaper without providing the author, link and verifiable proof of its veracity. Should be a rule if it already isn't.

Crimestick
11-16-2005, 12:00 AM
So it was an Orangefield guy - not WO-S or BC - but it also wasn't made up. That column appears in the paper in question.

Crimestick
11-16-2005, 12:01 AM
He won't produce the link, because it does not exist.

It's up on www.kogt.com., Nostradamus. Click "airplay."

wos fan1
11-16-2005, 12:01 AM
yep, not a WOS person.

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Reading it on KOGT it says it came from a County Newspaper. It is an article written on a whole host of topics. Ummm.....didn't know there was a Bridge City County. However, whoever wrote it, I agree should be fired. You just don't call a highschool kid a name like that.

wos fan1
11-16-2005, 12:05 AM
I may be wrong but i think there is a small newspaper there, once again i may be wrong though.

Crimestick
11-16-2005, 12:07 AM
It was written by Gary Stelly. To have him fired, you should probably contact the owner of the station, Gary Stelly. I think the Penny Record just prints the article that he writes for the station site, so I don't know how much firing is going to happen. I very wholeheartedly disagree with his comments, but he owns the site and probably isn't paid for the column in the Record.

bulldogbark
11-16-2005, 12:09 AM
I just called the station at 1-409-883-4381 and it was posted by Gary stelly but i am not sure who it was written by....I will be calling them in the morning and I would suggest that every Jasper fan call in also,,,, I am going to make a copy and send it to kjas and see if they have any suggestions

j_dog
11-16-2005, 12:11 AM
A nice apology to Gilbert and a retraction would be a good start. :)