PDA

View Full Version : UIL State V-Ball. (Bellville vs Tex.Pleasant Grv.) (Monahans vs Luling)?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Who do you think will win? Bellville and Monahans have won 8 titles each, one can have 9 after this weekend, will it be Bellville or Monahans? Or will it be Tex. Pleasent Grv. or Luling with the upset?

Rainman
11-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Bellville came through a tough region and I believe will challenge Monahans for the title. I will take Bellville.

Gobbler Fan
11-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Lets go Luling represent 26-3a

THE BEAR
11-16-2005, 12:38 AM
The Monahans Loboes will defend and Win their State Title.

BrahmaMom
11-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Bellville, all the way! This is the best team we've had in a while and we've certainly had our share of outstanding teams. The huge fan support doesn't hurt, either. Go Brahmanettes, take it all the way to State!

Old Cardinal
11-16-2005, 11:04 AM
I will go with Bellville. Any team that can take out Barbers Hill and other great Region III teams has my vote. The other Regions just have one good team this year.

gobblergolf
11-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Lets go Luling! Cuero is supporting you and hoping you represent our district well. You all played against my lil cousin this year and my family says yall have a great team. Good luck!

yoemenkracker30
11-16-2005, 01:02 PM
good luck to the brahmanettes, keep region 3 rollin!

football4life
11-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Definitely Monahans

gobblerfan02
11-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by gobblergolf
Lets go Luling! Cuero is supporting you and hoping you represent our district well. You all played against my lil cousin this year and my family says yall have a great team. Good luck!

Those girls are awesome, great team chemistry, hopefully they can bring it home for 26-3A!!!!!!!!!

WTF-82
11-16-2005, 04:06 PM
I agree it will be tough to beat the Monahans girls at state those kids have been dreaming about that so they could remember hard
workers Lady Loboes for the there 9th state title.

punt
11-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Bellville is very, very strong. English and Chancellor are awesome. I'll take Bellville. Where is English going to play next year?

ThE_OnE_lObOe
11-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by football4life
Definitely Monahans
canyon knows bout our girls lol i don't see any of the teams beatin them friday or saturday but anything can happen but this will be one of their first games that imma miss (football) Good luck girls........Good luck canyon narrow down 4-3A to one team and hopefully we'll take our ya'lls rival perrtyon

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Bellville is 33-6, I beat all 6 losses or most of them came from 5A schools that were in the play-offs. Is there any one that knows who Bellville lost to? Coach Brewer plays 80% 5a and some 4a in pre-district.
Go Bellville Girls win another state title for your school!!!!!

Ranger05
11-16-2005, 08:51 PM
i think monahans beat all the 5a schools in this area atleast once like midland high and midland lee

justlikesports
11-16-2005, 09:45 PM
I gotta go with the Lady Loboes. GOOD LUCK BRINGING HOME ANOTHER GOLD!

Brahma73
11-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by punt
Bellville is very, very strong. English and Chancellor are awesome. I'll take Bellville. Where is English going to play next year?

Inglish is signed with Memphis U.

This is a very solid VB team. They're strong offensively, but what gets overlooked is how well they dig and pass (which starts any great offense). Texarkana & Monahans will have to be very good in all aspects to beat them. Don't see it happening. I think this "9th" will be Bellville's.

VWG
11-17-2005, 08:11 AM
You want some great volleyball history?
Try 1A Windthorst. Going for it's 11th state title in volleyball, and if they win it this year it will be their 8th state title in 9 years.

neck_06
11-17-2005, 09:21 AM
its gonna be Bellville vs. Luling in the final with Bellville taking it in 4 very close games. 2 of which will go past the 25 point mark.

thats my prediction and i'm sticking to it!

:cool::p :cool: :p :cool: :p :cool: :p

BTEXDAD
11-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville is 33-6, I beat all 6 losses or most of them came from 5A schools that were in the play-offs. Is there any one that knows who Bellville lost to? Coach Brewer plays 80% 5a and some 4a in pre-district.
Go Bellville Girls win another state title for your school!!!!!
Bellville lost to 5A Cy-Fair, 5A Katy Taylor, 5A Katy and 5A Bryan. Only the loss to Katy was a regular match. All the others were best of three in tournaments (Girls also beat a lot of 5A teams and beat k-Taylor later in a regular match).
Other losses were to St Agnes out of Houston who was the 6A TAPPS state champion this year and Lubbock Trinity who was the 4A TAPPS state champion past two years. St Agnes match went five games and the Lubbock trinity match was best of three in Hays Consolidated tournament. Trinity won 2 of three, but Bellville got to 20 pts first in all three games but let a couple slip away.

Monahans apparently is very good. It will make good press coverage if Monahans and Bellville meet in final with both going for 9th state title, but I'm sure Luling and Pleasant Grove will have something to say about that.
We have some Luling posters, but does anyone know anything about Pleasant grove?? I do know they were at state last year and sometimes it's the team nobody is talking about that comes out firing.

Old Cardinal
11-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I personally have developed a great deal of admiration for the total Bellville school programs. Both the boys and the girls athletics seem to be outstanding year in and year out. I have not heard anything but good things about the town and local area also. Good luck, we will all be pulling for you to get a major upset!

NateDawg39
11-17-2005, 11:34 AM
I would like to see Monahans win it again.

loboes86
11-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Monahans Lady Loboes are 41 wins and 3 losses, Lost to Lubbock Coronado 5A school, Odessa High 5a school, and Lubbock Trinity 4a school. With the exception of the Trinty school I know they beat the Odessa and Lubock teams at other times during the season. Go Lady Loboes take state again. :wave: :clap:

westtxfballfan
11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Of their 3 losses, the Lady Loboes beat Trinity 3 of 4 matches during the season, avenged the Coronado loss (Coronado a 5A state finalist last year), and their loss to Odessa High came the same night after the 5 game win against Coronado after a brief intermission. (Odessa came in fresh. Monahans won the first two games against OHS, then ran out of gas.)

LHSEagleFan
11-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Luling Lady Eagles over Monahans, Bellville over Pleasant Grove, Luling over Bellville in championship game. Thanks for all the support from the Cuero fans, Go Gobblers beat Llano and all the way to state.

gobblerfan02
11-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by LHSEagleFan
Luling Lady Eagles over Monahans, Bellville over Pleasant Grove, Luling over Bellville in championship game. Thanks for all the support from the Cuero fans, Go Gobblers beat Llano and all the way to state.

AND IM RUTIN' FOR THE LADY EAGLES TO BRING HOME THE GOLD, I actually saw those girls play in Cuero!!! They deserve it...what a team. And the Cuero game is just 8 min. away!!! What a week I'm having!

BrahmaMom
11-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks, Old Cardinal. Bellville has worked hard to build a powerhouse, athletically. I am proud of the character and tradition the program has developed in the past several years. The Brahmanettes are awesome this year. We may be underdogs, but never underestimate the power of the BULLS! Best of luck to the Brahmanettes! GO! FIGHT! WIN!!!!!!