PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rogers Band Video

Adidas410s
11-15-2005, 06:31 PM
for those who know who they are...check out this video! For those who have no clue but like the music on the Texas Scene...well if you haven't heard of Randy Rogers yet then you must be hiding under a rock because they are probably #3 behind Pat Green and Cross Canadian Ragweed. That and the fact that I just love the music these guys put out. There original stuff is the best plus they do some very good covers of old songs (i.e. Gary Stewart's "Empty Glass" which can be found on their Live at Billy Bob's Texas album that was just released a few months ago). Sorry for the shameless promo but I just came across this video of a song called "This Time Around" so I had to share it with my 2nd family. It's from a show in Corpus a few weeks back at Concrete Street when they were opening for Dierks Bentley. OK that's enough out of me for now...here it is!

RRB Video (http://media.vidiLife.com/video/2005/10/29/30729/75077.asx)

Gobbla2001
11-15-2005, 06:40 PM
That show was actually this past week, wanted to go, but oh well...

Got to see them at Bocktoberfest this year, they were by far the best band there along with Audioslave...

They played AFTER Sh'daisy and before Clint Black...

They came out on stage and the lead singer says bluntly "We're the Randy Rogers Band and we play real country" and their show began...

I also personally know their origional guitarist back in their 'before CD' days, cool guy, from Victoria...

Astrosdawg07
11-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
for those who know who they are...check out this video! For those who have no clue but like the music on the Texas Scene...well if you haven't heard of Randy Rogers yet then you must be hiding under a rock because they are probably #3 behind Pat Green and Cross Canadian Ragweed. That and the fact that I just love the music these guys put out. There original stuff is the best plus they do some very good covers of old songs (i.e. Gary Stewart's "Empty Glass" which can be found on their Live at Billy Bob's Texas album that was just released a few months ago). Sorry for the shameless promo but I just came across this video of a song called "This Time Around" so I had to share it with my 2nd family. It's from a show in Corpus a few weeks back at Concrete Street when they were opening for Dierks Bentley. OK that's enough out of me for now...here it is!

RRB Video (http://media.vidiLife.com/video/2005/10/29/30729/75077.asx)

Best Randy Rogers is Lost & Found.

Adidas410s
11-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
That show was actually this past week, wanted to go, but oh well...

Got to see them at Bocktoberfest this year, they were by far the best band there along with Audioslave...

They played AFTER Sh'daisy and before Clint Black...

They came out on stage and the lead singer says bluntly "We're the Randy Rogers Band and we play real country" and their show began...

I also personally know their origional guitarist back in their 'before CD' days, cool guy, from Victoria...

Earlier this year they used to come on stage to Jet's "Cold Hard B*tch" but my personal favorite quote is when Randy introduces everybody...and I do mean everybody as he will include the road manager, sound guys, etc...and at the end he will say "my name is Randy Rogers...and I love my f [you get the idea] job!" That line always cracked me up but he wasn't allowed to say it on the Live @ BB's record. But yeah...get out and see RRB as often as possible! I love those guys and the great music that they are putting out...with no added frills! Are you referring to Victor Del Toro? I think that was the right name at least. He was on their Live @ Cheatam St album from back in 2000.

Adidas410s
11-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Best Randy Rogers is Lost & Found.

now if we could just get rid of that CCR logo and replace it with somw RRB life would be great! :D My personal favorite is their version of "Empty Glass" but for songs that they wrote either "Can't Slow Down" or "Somebody Take Me Home"...which Kenny Chesney recorded and it is track 10 on the album that he released last week. While it definitely doesn't have the same "feel" of a RRB song...it's A LOT of royalty money so here's to a tour bus!!! :D

Gobbla2001
11-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Are you referring to Victor Del Toro?

You know what, I'll have to call and ask... get back with you on that one...

But I agree, they're really awesome live and great out of the studio as well...

Gobbla2001
11-15-2005, 06:49 PM
now if we could just get rid of that CCR logo and replace it with somw RRB life would be great! :D My personal favorite is their version of "Empty Glass" but for songs that they wrote either "Can't Slow Down" or "Somebody Take Me Home"...which Kenny Chesney recorded and it is track 10 on the album that he released last week. While it definitely doesn't have the same "feel" of a RRB song...it's A LOT of royalty money so here's to a tour bus!!! :D

I always liked Somebody take me Home... really enjoyed it live...

Adidas410s
11-15-2005, 06:49 PM
You know what, I'll have to call and ask... get back with you on that one...

But I agree, they're really awesome live and great out of the studio as well...

I think there was one other guy that was on that album that isn't with them anymore (the drummer) but I'm not sure what the name was. They have a new guitarist, drummer, and added everybody's favorite Brady Black on fiddle back in 2002ish...

Gobbla2001
11-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Brady Black on fiddle

HE was the crowd favorite at Bocktoberfest this year, he's good...

Gobbla2001
11-15-2005, 06:54 PM
You know, I thought you said Victor Del Toro as in the name of the first band Randy Rogers performed with ha, I was wondering, I had never heard of that band ha...

This guy was with him at the start, maybe garage style days... Brett Noak (last name pronounced Noke or whatever)...

Adidas410s
11-15-2005, 06:58 PM
HE was the crowd favorite at Bocktoberfest this year, he's good...

yeah Brady has unbelieveable talent. He definitely knows to make a fiddle "talk" to you. I have seen these guys in many places across the state this year and Brady is ALWAYS the crowd favorite!

Adidas410s
11-15-2005, 06:59 PM
You know, I thought you said Victor Del Toro as in the name of the first band Randy Rogers performed with ha, I was wondering, I had never heard of that band ha...

This guy was with him at the start, maybe garage style days... Brett Noak (last name pronounced Noke or whatever)...

No Victor was another original in the band. The name Brett Noak sounds familiar though as well. I guess he missed out on not still being with them now! :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
11-15-2005, 07:01 PM
No Victor was another original in the band. The name Brett Noak sounds familiar though as well. I guess he missed out on not still being with them now! :rolleyes:

Nah, he's doing really well, career man and all, lives in Houston... I've gone bridge-jumping with him, bass fishing with him, trout/redfish fishing with him, bachelor partied with him, wedding after-partied with him, he's having a great time it seems...

He's short and chubby haha...

Ranger05
11-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Best Randy Rogers is Lost & Found. yea i agree