PDA

View Full Version : Rice Cons. 21 - Sweeny 15

Specklebelly
10-20-2001, 12:19 AM
Great, great football game and Rice stays undefeated.

SintonFan
10-20-2001, 01:38 AM
Sounds like one heck of a game! Can you give a recap? I wish I could have seen it... But a good recap would help.

raiderman02
10-20-2001, 01:45 AM
I was at the game sweeny had a 12-0 lead going into the half. this was looking for a good win for sweeny they had rice with 8 min left to go in the ball game still 12-0 with rice having the ball and it was a do or die for rice with a forth and eighteen. they clmpleated a pass on the 1 yard line the a QB sneak put the score 12-6 the bulldogs came right down the field and scored a fieldgoal to put the bulldogs up by 9 (15-6)
lead over the raiders the raiders drove it back down the field to score the score was now 15-13 the raiders heald sweeny to 3 and out. the punt was brought back to the bulldogs 48 yard line and the raiders drove it down to score giving the raiders the first lead of the ballgame 21-15 the 2 point was good. i was 1:57 still left in the ball game enought time for anyone to score the bulldogs was going down the field and was on the raiders 38 yard line with 36 sec. left when the pass was picked off and the time was ran down giving the unbeaten RICE RAIDERS a 21-15 victory and now they are 8-0 on the year and 4-0 in distic.

raiderman02
10-20-2001, 05:06 PM
Did anyone else see the game or hear about it?

SintonFan
10-21-2001, 01:19 AM
Thanks raiderman02, that did sound like a great game! Do you know if Rice is going div. 1 or div. 2 this year? When does Rice play Sealy, and your take on it? I don't know about you, but with the playoffs around the corner, it's starting to get really exciting!
Thanks again, raiderman02! Nice recap!

Specklebelly
10-21-2001, 01:34 PM
Rice is going D2 and they play Sealy the last game of the year. Should be HUGE!

raiderman02
10-21-2001, 02:21 PM
I think if rice play like they did against wharton i thing it will also be a blow out our distric is looking for rice to be 5-0 and sealy to be 5-0 so it just might be a great game and also if anyone is wondering why i know so much about rice it is because i play for them. we have stafford then a bye then we have sealy. so if anybody has the chance to come watch the game i am sure they will get there money worth. this is a game that everbody knows that rice is all about b/c every one says that we have not played anyone but when sealy comes around i just want people to say that this team is fo real sealy is the # 11th team in the state and they beat the 3a state champs last year la grange. if we blow sealy out the water we will show people that we are not playing. one more thing rice has nothing to lose sence they are not a triditon team. I bet one thing we will be gunning for they big show and we will do anything to get there. an sintonfan your welcome yell me more about yall. to my eyes yall have one of the best offence in the state. and how would they do agenst a #1 defence in the state. iam not trying to start any thing but i was only wondering.

raiderman02
10-21-2001, 07:49 PM
sintonfan what is your pic on the sealy and rice game. or anybody else pick.

SintonFan
10-22-2001, 01:42 AM
I'm still getting info for the matchup, but I do think should be decided by less than 10 points. Sealy did beat a great La Grange team. It should be close. I'm curiuos, what was the score when yall beat Wharton? raiderman02 I will get back with you on my prediction, though. Also, does Wharton and Sealy have any kind of rivalry?

raiderman02
10-23-2001, 12:00 AM
sintonfan we beat wharton 61-17. iam not real for sure if they do becauce this is only the seconde year that wharton has been in the same district as sealy. also rice has a bye before the sealy game so it is in some advantage for rice to be able to get ready for sealy in two weeks instead on one. i thing it will be one heck of a game if rice comes out with there heads screwed one right it just might be a blow out. if they did like they did against sweeny is will once again be a great game. try to get back with me and see how everone favors the game.

SintonFan
10-23-2001, 01:36 AM
It's unfortunate, but I personally believe that having two weeks off hurts most teams. Maybe it won't hurt your team though. Mathis had two weeks off before the Sinton game and they got blasted 45-0. Mathis was at the semifinals last year and have a great team this year. Now for Rice-Sealy, if your team plays a good game, yall should beat them by a touchdown(maybe by 10). If Sealy plays flawless, they should beat yall. Don't get upset because I did say flawless. There's that whole Sealy 'odd year' theory going around, too. Overall, I give Rice the edge. About Sinton, I believe they have one of the top-ranked offences too. They just beat 5-1 Odem(with a decent defense,not in Rice class) by 44. What makes that win stand out is that Sinton-Odem is a serious rivalry. Closer to the game I'll give you a score for a prediction.

Specklebelly
10-23-2001, 12:40 PM
I got news for you two, rumor has it that Sinton and Rice are playing a non-district matchup the next two years. They are going to play in Victoria like Rice has played West Oso there the last two years. Rice loses a TON this year but they have an undefeated JV to replenish the varsity with. The Rice D should still be a good challenge for Sinton's offense.

eye of the tiger
10-23-2001, 02:19 PM
Specklebelly that should be an awesome early season match up. Why Victoria instead of a home and home?

raiderman02
10-23-2001, 08:09 PM
To some point it may be a bad thing for a team to have two weeks to prepare but iam telling you want they are not going easy on us at all for the rest of the year b/c the team had there head up there *** and we almost got beat. but we have stafford whom we have never beat they are 7-0 vs. us. so we are planing to take it to them then we have sealy and what ever happends after that will have to see when it comes.

SintonFan
10-24-2001, 01:28 AM
Wow, a Rice-Sinton early season matchup would be cool, sure would be better than Rice-West Oso. Sinton beat West Oso 61-0 a couple weeks ago. Now for a Rice-Sealy prediction: (this is really tough) Rice 24-17. raiderman02 for more info on Sinton check out my posts at the Bandera-Marion topic on this site.eye of the tiger, it's a long trip from just north of Corpus to around Houston(where exactly is Altair-Rice?). But mainly, I think that Victoria was just wanting someone with a good football team to play in their town. lol

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited October 24, 2001).]

eye of the tiger
10-24-2001, 08:55 AM
SintonFan Altair is about 30 miles east of Houston I believe. You may be right about why the game is in Victoria LOL. Thanks for the info

Specklebelly
10-24-2001, 11:44 AM
I think the Rice coaches like playing in Victoria because its their only chance besides the playoffs to get the team to play a game on turf. Victoria has that flubber turf on their field.

Crow22
10-24-2001, 12:33 PM
Altair is about 60 miles west of Houston. We're playing Sinton at Victoria because it's halfway and a nice field.

raiderman02
10-24-2001, 07:01 PM
altair is exactly 73 miles east of houston. that is true the reason that we play in victoria is because it is half way for us.

eye of the tiger
10-24-2001, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys Im directionally challenged.

SintonFan
10-24-2001, 11:52 PM
raiderman02 I don't want to diss you or anything, but if your 73 miles east of Houston, I think you could only drill for oil in the gulf or fish. LOL, you gotta admit that's a good one... just havin some fun here. What's this talk of flubber? Jeez I gotta see this... but seriously, the guys flying around next year won't be because of flubber. It will be a 'Top Flight' matchup.

bros543
10-25-2001, 06:18 PM
who is rice' coach, he must be good to have turned rice around, (i would assume they changed coaches) because they used to be a "push over" type team. no offense

bros543
10-25-2001, 06:20 PM
hey raider02, what is your name, i played for bellville last year, what position do you play, i was the split guard.

raiderman02
10-25-2001, 08:13 PM
well his name is Rusty Roark 5th year head coach at rice. he is a great coach i would not want to play for anybody else. well bros543 i did not play last year b/c of some problems but i play tight tackle and defence tackle.