PDA

View Full Version : Bill Snyder steps down

NateDawg39
11-15-2005, 02:11 PM
He announced today that he is stepping down as the head coach of the Kansas State football team.

Johnny Utah
11-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Crap!!! He has done an outstanding job there!!! Very classy person and coach!!! Just goes to show that times are changing!!!

mwynn05
11-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
He announced today that he is stepping down as the head coach of the Kansas State football team. I read thta he told the team he will be retiring at the end of the year

KTJ
11-15-2005, 03:21 PM
His last game will be against Mizzou this year. Snyder did the unthinkable at K-State.

Rumor as it that Venebles from OU (former player under Snyder) will take over. Personally, I'd like to see Gary Patterson take that job. (He's also a former K-State player.)

big daddy russ
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
I doubt it'll happen, but I'd kind of like to see Gene Chizik get a head coaching gig. He's a great defensive mind and would fit right in up in Manhattan. They're known for a killer defense, and Chizik would continue the job that Snyder started. Plus I think he'd turn K-State into a powerhouse again. Lord knows the Big XII North needs one.

BrahmaMom
11-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Sad to see the end of an era. When we went on an unofficial visit to KState, Coach Snyder was the first coach to welcome us and the last appointment we had. He visited with my son for over an hour--was an all-round good guy. As we left, he asked us to relay his best wishes to my husband, who is chronically ill and can't travel--a true gentleman. It's tough to get to Manhattan, KS from central TX, but I became a Wildcats fan after that visit!

BrahmaMom
11-15-2005, 09:02 PM
One more thing, no offense intended to Aggie fans, but I much prefer the way Coach Snyder takes leave of a team to Coach Franchione's flight in the night. Closure with class. I AM a Snyder fan!

Rainman
11-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Snyder is a classy coach and I hope that things go well for him in his next venture.

BrahmaMom
11-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Me, too. I will be writing him later today to wish him well.

whtfbplaya
11-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
One more thing, no offense intended to Aggie fans, but I much prefer the way Coach Snyder takes leave of a team to Coach Franchione's flight in the night. Closure with class. I AM a Snyder fan!

Not a valid connection at all.

I can't stand Fran and yes he was an *** **** for the ways he left, but Snyder's leaving completely different.