PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoemen vs Robinson Rockets

yoemanfan98
11-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Why isn't anyone talking much about this matchup? Cameron doesn't seem to get much respect on this board. This game should be a barnburner in Waco on Saturday night.

Astrosdawg07
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by yoemanfan98
Why isn't anyone talking much about this matchup? Cameron doesn't seem to get much respect on this board. This game should be a barnburner in Waco on Saturday night.

Yoe + 20

big daddy russ
11-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Cameron doesn't seem to get much respect on this board. This game should be a barnburner in Waco on Saturday night.
Do they not get respect, or are they just not talked about? I've never heard anyone disrespect them.

Now there's not very many Cameron posters on the board. Yoemancracker and theyoefnshow are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

Don't confuse not getting talked about with not getting respect.

YoePride05
11-15-2005, 12:49 PM
I agree. With the exception of the rockdale posters doubting the quality of our other athletic programs during Battle of the Bell week, I don't see Cameron being disrespected very often on this board.

I am going to say Yoe win this week in a close one.

Bearkat
11-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Did they flip home and home. I realize there really isn't a site between, or around, Cameron and Waco, but why play in Waco?
Is it Waco University? Hopefully I will be able to make this game. Go BIG OYE!!

Gobbla2001
11-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
Did they flip home and home. I realize there really isn't a site between, or around, Cameron and Waco, but why play in Waco?

I just don't believe there is much in between, is there?

Bearkat
11-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Wouldn't the Bryan/College Station area be a neutral site?

CenTexSports
11-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Before the win against Hempstead, I know that Cameron preferred Waco, Belton, or Killeen for the game with Robinson if it occurred. Cameron has had good luck in Waco and bad results in College Station. I don't think you will see Cameron choose College Station as their choice for any matchup.

big daddy russ
11-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Wouldn't the Bryan/College Station area be a neutral site?
Cameron's kind of a halfway point between CS and Waco. It's a little less than an hour from CS, almost exactly the same from Waco.

Bearkat
11-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Before the win against Hempstead, I know that Cameron preferred Waco, Belton, or Killeen for the game with Robinson if it occurred. Cameron has had good luck in Waco and bad results in College Station. I don't think you will see Cameron choose College Station as their choice for any matchup.

I will have to agree with you on that. I lost my last game as a Yoemen at Bryan Viking Stadium. It's seems like that area has the Yoemen's number.

Dogman_1969
11-15-2005, 04:09 PM
The Yoe should win this one. The Rocket QB is a very good player and the RB is solid as well. I do think that the Yoe should pull it out though.

Is #5 for the Yoe a loner type or what's the deal with him? I have noticed that he: doesn't get in the huddle, when a time out is called he may just stand off and look off into the stands (example look at the KMIL.com web site and look at the photos), if the play is called and is isn't to him he just lolly gags to the line ( but if it is to him he snaps to it). Not bashing him but wonder if he has distractions away from the game or what. He has the potential to be great but doesn't seem to do the little things that a senior would do to market hisself to the big D1 schools.

again not bashing or picking but wonder........

Dubya
11-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Dogman, none of the Yoemen huddle on offense.

Dubya
11-15-2005, 09:35 PM

Neutral site would be Rosebud-Lott, but probably want to play the Area playoff game in a better stadium.

marlin fan
11-15-2005, 09:38 PM
GO ROBINSON!!!!!!

YoePride05
11-15-2005, 09:41 PM
We do not have bad luck with College Station in general, in fact we won our bi-district game at A&M Consolidated last year. However, we consider it a curse to play on Kyle Field. As far as I know, we usually don't win there. The most recent loss on aggie turf was in '00 in overtime to Marlin. What a heartbreaker that game was.

sicem74
11-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Dubya
Dogman, none of the Yoemen huddle on offense.
roflmao i was laughin so hard.....he is trying to put a player down..evans aint like that try talk to him once in a while!

theyoefnshow
11-15-2005, 11:30 PM
he's not doggin him at all. I myself have noticed the same pattern. You can almost tell each and every time the ball is going to go to Derrick just based on his posture alone. Kind of like when a guard/tackle is pulling. If they aren't careful, their feet almost point the direction they are about to go to. It just seems like Derrick would be able to catch more teams by suprise if he a)hustled to the line on every play or b) simply walked at normal speed whether he gets the ball or not. Again, not bashing him, just a point of view.

yoemenkracker30
11-16-2005, 12:09 AM
if you know derek, he doesnt really "hustle" for anything, he's more laid back than anything, trust me, you can really tell by the way he is on the field, i don't think i've ever really seen him get in a big hurry to do anything

Dogman_1969
11-16-2005, 08:15 AM
like I said it was just an observation that was brought to my attention by a college scout. After him telling me about it I observed it for my self. He has all the physical tools but needs to correct the small things and the sky is the limit for him. But he needs to do it quickly due to him being a senior.

sicem74
11-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey dogman.....what are you wondering 4? Derrick Evans gets so many D-1 letters he has freakin stacks....and we dont have a huddle most of the time..he likes to stay out there because he has just returned a kick or sumtin....and we just tell him the play so there you go...

Dogman_1969
11-16-2005, 11:06 AM
letters and offers are 2 very different things. I would love to see the young man playing D1 ball being he is from 19-3A. The more athletes that we have in college the better it makes all the athletes here look. My sons included. Wouldn't it be great to see DE playing in the Big 12 with Billy? When was the last time 2 young men played Big Time D1 ball from our district let alone the same town?

I have seen a dozen or so young men that should have played big time D1 ball miss out on the opportunity due to not doing the little things or not making the grades. After seeing his ability I'm very impressed with him as a playmaker.

Billy did the little things and had the grades. That is all I'm saying. I hope to see DE play D1 as well......

yoemenkracker30
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
good luck to him, wherever he goes after high school

Dubya
11-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
letters and offers are 2 very different things. I would love to see the young man playing D1 ball being he is from 19-3A. The more athletes that we have in college the better it makes all the athletes here look. My sons included. Wouldn't it be great to see DE playing in the Big 12 with Billy? When was the last time 2 young men played Big Time D1 ball from our district let alone the same town?

I have seen a dozen or so young men that should have played big time D1 ball miss out on the opportunity due to not doing the little things or not making the grades. After seeing his ability I'm very impressed with him as a playmaker.

Billy did the little things and had the grades. That is all I'm saying. I hope to see DE play D1 as well......

So, why come on a message board and question a specific high school kid?

Let's support teams and encourage our kids to compete. Leave the individual criticism to the men who are paid for competing (professional athletes).

rockdale80
11-16-2005, 06:03 PM
So, why come on a message board and question a specific high school kid?

Let's support teams and encourage our kids to compete. Leave the individual criticism to the men who are paid for competing (professional athletes).

I think Dogman sounded pretty positive, and encouraging to me.

sicem74
11-16-2005, 07:39 PM
no

NateDawg39
11-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Why isn't anyone talking much about this matchup? Cameron doesn't seem to get much respect on this board. This game should be a barnburner in Waco on Saturday night. Hey your talking about it so someone IS talking about them! :D

Dubya
11-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think Dogman sounded pretty positive, and encouraging to me.

Positive and encouraging, by pointing out something negative???

rockdale80
11-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Positive and encouraging, by pointing out something negative???

If I were giving something away on the football field, or something a scout noticed I would want that brought to my attention. Possibly negative, but I call that constructive crtiticism. The whole point of that is to help, not knock down.

Dubya
11-17-2005, 12:06 AM
That might be meant for positive, but again, it is a negative that was brought to the attention on this message board about a high school kid. I think it's wrong to single out a high school kid's flaws or mistakes on a public message board, no matter what the reason. This is the reason sports writers for newspapers do not mention the individual who fumbles the football in a game, only that the team fumbled. The sportswriter will mention who caused a fumble or recovered a fumble (see, positive, but not negative).

Remember, these are high school kids. If you want to give Derek Evans constructive criticism, do so in person, not on an internet message board. If you would feel uncomfortable speaking to Derek Evans in person and give him advice, don't do it on an internet message board.

My point is keep the messages about the kids we care about and support positive.

rockdale80
11-17-2005, 12:47 AM
That might be meant for positive, but again, it is a negative that was brought to the attention on this message board about a high school kid. I think it's wrong to single out a high school kid's flaws or mistakes on a public message board, no matter what the reason. This is the reason sports writers for newspapers do not mention the individual who fumbles the football in a game, only that the team fumbled. The sportswriter will mention who caused a fumble or recovered a fumble (see, positive, but not negative).

Remember, these are high school kids. If you want to give Derek Evans constructive criticism, do so in person, not on an internet message board. If you would feel uncomfortable speaking to Derek Evans in person and give him advice, don't do it on an internet message board.

My point is keep the messages about the kids we care about and support positive.

Then let him keep doing the same thing. Personally, I dont care either way.

Dubya
11-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Then let him keep doing the same thing. Personally, I dont care either way.

I will, because I know that is the coaches' job and responsibility. My job as a fan is to cheer and support our players and team. Leave the job of correcting to the coaches, who have a personal relationship with the player, and support your team in a positive manner on a public message board.

hookandladder
11-17-2005, 08:21 AM
No one is talking bad about DE, I saw him play this year and notice the same thing. When you see an athlete of his caliber you
you starting watching more of him and sometimes you notice these things. When college scouts come to games to watch kids perform, they are not just looking at what he can do on the field. They look at the whole package, that can keep an athlete from getting what he or she wants.

rockdale80
11-17-2005, 08:51 AM
I will, because I know that is the coaches' job and responsibility. My job as a fan is to cheer and support our players and team. Leave the job of correcting to the coaches, who have a personal relationship with the player, and support your team in a positive manner on a public message board.

Well you do that, and if you noticed I didnt call out anyone, nor make any criticisms. I don't care about Cameron, or anyone on that team.

HPLJ6L
11-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
No one is talking bad about DE, I saw him play this year and notice the same thing. When you see an athlete of his caliber you
you starting watching more of him and sometimes you notice these things. When college scouts come to games to watch kids perform, they are not just looking at what he can do on the field. They look at the whole package, that can keep an athlete from getting what he or she wants.

A D-I scholarship is worth anywhere from $20,000-$60,000, and some even more. Why would anyone throw this kind of money at a kid who shows signs of not being a team player. T.O. proved that. And unless they have the time to go and find DE in a "team" moment, all they have is what they see under the lights and on film. So if he gets passed over it will be because of the stuff he shows on the field.

yoemenkracker30
11-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
A D-I scholarship is worth anywhere from $20,000-$60,000, and some even more. Why would anyone throw this kind of money at a kid who shows signs of not being a team player. T.O. proved that. And unless they have the time to go and find DE in a "team" moment, all they have is what they see under the lights and on film. So if he gets passed over it will be because of the stuff he shows on the field.

you wouldnt know the first thing about what kind of person derek is so how can you criticize him? people think that he's not a team player because after the special teams he just stays out there rather than come back for the coaches huddle, most of the time all the coach is doin is telling the guys the first play they're gonna run. actually, coach mullins tells him to stay out there most of the time. derek is one of the best when it comes to being a team player, in the time derek has been on varsity in any sport, he has never been a ballhog or tried to take all the credit or anything like that. he just goes out there and does his job day in and day out. i'm getting really mad at the fact that yall criticize him just because he doesnt go to a freakin huddle or somethin stupid like that. the kid loves to play ball and he's not too bad at it, however, all you people on here can do is bash him day in and day out.

Old Tiger
11-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Back to the topic, Go D-19!!!!

cowboyfan8
11-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Cameron will handle the Rockets and move on to BH or Kirbyville. Any thoughts on where that game might be?

Bearkat
11-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by cowboyfan8
Cameron will handle the Rockets and move on to BH or Kirbyville. Any thoughts on where that game might be?

Conroe.

sicem74
11-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Back to the topic, Go D-19!!!!
lol tigerwr

yoemenkracker30
11-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by cowboyfan8

i've heard possibly conroe isd or sam houston state in huntsville