PDA

View Full Version : Saw Spring Westfield play this weekend...

big daddy russ
11-14-2005, 11:22 PM
First school with an enrollment of 350 or more I've seen all year. Freaking awesome. Beat Houston Lamar, who came into the game with a 10-0 record, 31-12. I'd love to see a match between Westfield and SLC. I've only seen SLC on TV this year, but I think Westfield would be a very tough draw for the Dragons.

The Mustangs have the best defensive line I've ever seen. At least three of those kids could play D-IA, and two others could go D-II. Solid in the secondary and HUGE, fast linebackers.

You could see the talent on Lamar's team, but Westfield was just so dang good they dominated. Lamar's QB didn't get into a rhythm until the fourth quarter, and by then Westfield already had complete control of the game.

Just FYI.

mwynn05
11-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Ive seen SLC twice pretty impressive but I think they will fall short but I want them to lose so im a little biased

Fish's mom
11-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Westfield Spring was where I graduated from in 1987and I didn't ever even go to a football game, we were not very good when I went there HAHAHA.:) MAybe they needed me back then to cheer for them ;)

sahen
11-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Westfield Spring was where I graduated from in 1987and I didn't ever even go to a football game, we were not very good when I went there HAHAHA.:) MAybe they needed me back then to cheer for them ;)
I graduated from Baytown Sterling who is in Spring Westfield and Spring's district now....back when i was a freshman and sophomore both Spring and Spring Westfield were horrible, much like Sterling....someone woke up in both schools and they started improving a little bit each year, Spring is still far behind Westfield but they can compete for a playoff spot, Westfield exploded last year and lost in the title game, this year they are just plain dominate...That district is stacked however, its hard to make it out without a loss when you have to play Humble, Westfield, Port Arthur Memorial, Baytown Lee (normally good, but this year they sucked), Kingwood, and Spring (all those schools but Spring and Kingwood have been ranked in the top 25 in the state sometime in the past 2 years, i know at one time last year all 4 were ranked in the top 25 at the same time)...Baytown Sterling and Beaumont Westbrook have been really bad the past 10-15 years but i heard Westbrook finally had a good year this year, so maybe they are getting better, but Kingwood has sucked the past 3 or 4 years so maybe them and Westbrook will switch places for being bottom dwellers, i sure wish Sterling would wake up, but even if u have a good year its hard to finish in the top 3 of that district....

3afan
11-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Westfield may not even win this week vs. GP North Shore !!!

KTJ
11-15-2005, 12:52 AM
My cousin goes to Spring Westfield so I'm rooting for them.

sahen
11-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
North Shore is really good but i dunno if they can beat Westfield....however speaking of Northshore, they had one of the most dominate teams i ever seen the year they won the state title (i think they won it a couple years back, maybe they lost in the title game but they were dominate that year reguardless)...that whole area is stacked w/ teams though....Northshore was in Sterling's district before Westfield (that area switches around districts all the time)....and it isnt just 5a talent, teams in that area (east houston to beaumont) include, Humble, Northshore, Baytown Lee, Dayton, Barber's Hill, Clear Lake schools (between Clear Lake and Clear Creek they seem to alt. good and bad years), Port Arthur, the Beaumont schools have some good teams, Port Neches, WOS, Bridge City, Jasper, and many more those were just the ones off the top of my head, and all those schools r w/n an hour drive of each other, most of them w/n 30 min.......and sometimes u can literally throw a stone and hit the other....

Maroon87
11-15-2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

Westfield destroyed North Shore last year in the playoffs...I think it was 56-14 or something like that.

yoemenkracker30
11-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Ive seen SLC twice pretty impressive but I think they will fall short but I want them to lose so im a little biased

as long as Former Yoe Head Coach Todd Dodge is at the helm for the Dragons, I'll root for them, used to play ball with his son Riley too

sahen
11-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Westfield destroyed North Shore last year in the playoffs...I think it was 56-14 or something like that.
yah...if i remember right North Shore was supposed to go atleast to semi's....they had blown almost everyone out before Westfield played them last year....

Hupernikomen
11-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by sahen
North Shore is really good but i dunno if they can beat Westfield....however speaking of Northshore, they had one of the most dominate teams i ever seen the year they won the state title (i think they won it a couple years back, maybe they lost in the title game but they were dominate that year reguardless)...that whole area is stacked w/ teams though....Northshore was in Sterling's district before Westfield (that area switches around districts all the time)....and it isnt just 5a talent, teams in that area (east houston to beaumont) include, Humble, Northshore, Baytown Lee, Dayton, Barber's Hill, Clear Lake schools (between Clear Lake and Clear Creek they seem to alt. good and bad years), Port Arthur, the Beaumont schools have some good teams, Port Neches, WOS, Bridge City, Jasper, and many more those were just the ones off the top of my head, and all those schools r w/n an hour drive of each other, most of them w/n 30 min.......and sometimes u can literally throw a stone and hit the other....

Northshore was easily the best team I have ever seen when they won the state championship over the Woodlands.

This game between NS and Westfield should be a classic.

Last year was the year after NS had graduated no telling how many D-I players. This year they are experienced again. Be a lot better game this time around.