PDA

View Full Version : who do you think will win div II region 3?

bigknocc
11-14-2005, 09:49 PM
i say marlin vs camron in the final with marlin winning by 7

Rainman
11-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Where do you go to school in Houston?
I burn this bridge when when we get there.

yoemenkracker30
11-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by bigknocc
i say marlin vs camron in the final with marlin winning by 7

its WAY too early to tell what's gonna happen 3 weeks from now, much less what the outcomes will be this week. take one game at a time, or you'll end up like 5a longview

89JDAWG
11-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Jasper, cameron, marlin, Bridge city, Barbers Hill, any one of these teams, but I listed jasper first because I feel like being a homer this morning. I do think the yoemen will come out of that side of the bracket and be in the reg final.

Bearkat
11-15-2005, 09:51 AM
People from this area, Golden Triangle, seem to think the winner of Barbers Hill and Bridge City will have a chance to win region III. I pulling for the Yoemen!!!

Rainman
11-15-2005, 09:55 AM
People from this area, Golden Triangle, seem to think the winner of Barbers Hill and Bridge City will have a chance to win region III.

Should Barbers Hill meet Bridge City in the playoffs the winner will win the region because they will only meet at the Region III Final.

Bearkat
11-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
Should Barbers Hill meet Bridge City in the playoffs the winner will win the region because they will only meet at the Region III Final.

I guess that was pretty bad wording on my part. I'm still pulling for the YOEMEN!!!

Astrosdawg07
11-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
Jasper, cameron, marlin, Bridge city, Barbers Hill, any one of these teams, but I listed jasper first because I feel like being a homer this morning. I do think the yoemen will come out of that side of the bracket and be in the reg final.

Jasper has really improved since Rita and I think alot of people have discredited us.

spiveyrat
11-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
People from this area, Golden Triangle, seem to think the winner of Barbers Hill and Bridge City will have a chance to win region III. I pulling for the Yoemen!!!

Kind of jumping the gun there, eh?

eagle.eyes
11-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Astro, I assure u no one has discredited Jasper! Without opening a can of worms or arguments, I said it after Rita and I still say this......Jasper IS a better team without Moye at QB. Now losing him completely is a different story, but....well....

NateDawg39
11-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey you up above me! yeah you! You dont think he is good or justt needs to be at a diff position?

Gobbla2001
11-15-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm not counting Jasper out until someone knocks them out...

After that I'd have to say BH or Yoe...

Bridge City? I dunno...

eagle.eyes
11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Terrific athlete....Would take 10 just like him. Put all of them on offense with a QB and game over!

Hupernikomen
11-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
Astro, I assure u no one has discredited Jasper! Without opening a can of worms or arguments, I said it after Rita and I still say this......Jasper IS a better team without Moye at QB. Now losing him completely is a different story, but....well....

A lot of people seem to think that Moye was what was holding us back, but I tell you that kid gave it everything he had on the football field. Personally, I think the problem was that we were very one dimensional and expecting him to do everything. (kinda of like Rusk this past week)

Hupernikomen
11-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Jasper has really improved since Rita and I think alot of people have discredited us.

Nobody really discredited you players..just choosing to give credit to other teams. Take care of business between the sidelines and the credit will come along with the titles.

JasperDog94
11-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
A lot of people seem to think that Moye was what was holding us back, but I tell you that kid gave it everything he had on the football field. Personally, I think the problem was that we were very one dimensional and expecting him to do everything. (kinda of like Rusk this past week) That's a very good observation there Huper.

j_dog
11-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'm not counting Jasper out until someone knocks them out...

After that I'd have to say BH or Yoe...

Bridge City? I dunno...
Some love from Gobbler town. Thank you Gobbla2001. :)

But, remember, we DO have 3 losses. ;)

Good luck to the Gobblers! :)

eagle.eyes
11-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Huper, I agree with your assessment. BH has been in the same boat. When there's too much weight on one side it's easy for the boat to flip and sink. It's a team game, let the game come to your superstars. Not the other way around.

Old Cardinal
11-15-2005, 06:16 PM
I would say the luckiest team will win Region III. There are so many candidates it's unreal. A twisted ankle, a grossly bad call, a bone-head turnover or several other situations may well determine the ultimate winner.
Congrats to every team that still is standing; you have had a great year to be as far has you have progressed.

nexfan
11-15-2005, 06:19 PM
If Cameron only beat Hempstaed by 9, they are not going to win the region. I swear when we played Hempstead they were plum awful.

j_dog
11-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
Terrific athlete....Would take 10 just like him. Put all of them on offense with a QB and game over!
So true. With his size and speed, he could play absolutely any position well.

Ranger05
11-15-2005, 07:18 PM
cameron

Hupernikomen
11-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I would say the luckiest team will win Region III. There are so many candidates it's unreal. A twisted ankle, a grossly bad call, a bone-head turnover or several other situations may well determine the ultimate winner.
Congrats to every team that still is standing; you have had a great year to be as far has you have progressed.

I think we may very well be right about that. I think the last 3 years Jasper was clearly the best team in their division, but this year I do feel any of 4 or 5 teams could come on top.

j_dog
11-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I think we may very well be right about that. I think the last 3 years Jasper was clearly the best team in their division, but this year I do feel any of 4 or 5 teams could come on top.
Especially since Jasper has already lost three games. :(

lostaussie
11-15-2005, 07:39 PM
before its over there are gonna be some good region 3 teams on the sidelines. i don't know whose gonna take it, but i think it is the toughest overall region.

Rainman
11-15-2005, 07:41 PM
a grossly bad call, a bone-head turnover

It seems that Old Cardinal is remembering a game in which BC got lucky over BH.

Hupernikomen
11-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
It seems that Old Cardinal is remembering a game in which BC got lucky over BH.

Was that the year that we trounced BC the following week? :D

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 08:15 PM
I am partial to Bridge City winning it, but it simply is too close to call. I really think any of the teams mentioned could be it. Marlin, Jasper, BC, BH, Yoe, or Hutto........any of these could be it.

Rainman
11-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Was that the year that we trounced BC the following week?

You would have beat them in the third round, because they beat a weak Elgin or Navasota team in the second round.

LewP
11-15-2005, 09:57 PM
It'll come down to a tight game between Cuero and Sweetwater with the Mustangs winning by 4.

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by LewP
It'll come down to a tight game between Cuero and Sweetwater with the Mustangs winning by 4.

uhhhh.......mmmmm.......I think you posted on the wrong thread?:confused: :confused: :D

lebron_fan
11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
this is by far the toughest region...im thinkin marlin or cameron yoe will pull out the region 3 title..but who knows jasper could surprise everyone...it is so wide open

j_dog
11-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by lebron_fan
this is by far the toughest region...im thinkin marlin or cameron yoe will pull out the region 3 title..but who knows jasper could surprise everyone...it is so wide open
Surprise EVERYONE? Jasper still has a few supporters over in SE Texas, even though we HAVE lost three games. :)

yoemenkracker30
11-16-2005, 12:30 AM
never underestimate jasper.....they havent made it deep every year they've been in 3a for nothing

Rainman
11-16-2005, 08:28 AM
A lot of people seem to think that Moye was what was holding us back, but I tell you that kid gave it everything he had on the football field. Personally, I think the problem was that we were very one dimensional and expecting him to do everything. (kinda of like Rusk this past week)

I believe that the biggest difference between this years Barbers Hill team and ones from years past is the manner in which the spread the ball around between playmakers better. The last team to spread the ball as well as this one was in 2001 with a good quarterback, great running back and a powerhouse fullback.

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Surprise EVERYONE? Jasper still has a few supporters over in SE Texas, even though we HAVE lost three games. :)

Jasper lost two in district last year and went to the dance. records are history now the real season started last week. Which ever team can find their grove, play mistake free and have a little luck will be the team standing at the end. I just hope Region III brings home a state championship!!!!

89JDAWG
11-16-2005, 10:17 AM
3a has been very good to Jasper so far. The previous 3 years in 3a = 3 regional championships. Has any team in Reg III accomplished this before? and how many in a row?

griff
11-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Jasper all the way.

Old Cardinal
11-16-2005, 11:46 AM
To Rainmaker: If I remember right BC beat BH 31-14 in an easy win. Our second team got to play that night. You would have never beat Elgin if you would have won anyway.
Peebles and Knight were way too much for you to handle that night. 31-14

Rainman
11-16-2005, 12:21 PM
To Rainmaker

RAINMAN
Yes you had excellent running backs that year and the game versus Elgin can't be debated as it was never played.
But that game was going to be Barbers Hill's before that deplorable call from our own 12 yard line. You must agree with me on that, a dropped forward pass being called a fumble by one fat official when every other official on the field said incomplete pass. At that point in the game, it was a 17-10 Bridge City lead and the powerful running back scored a seven yard TD run two plays later. Myself and my teamates had jsut been screwed by a fat official and we couldn't fully recover the will to fight when BC had 12 men on the field that night. BC lucks into first round win.

Old Cardinal
11-16-2005, 12:38 PM
There was no luck involved whatsoever BC beat you from start to finish. That official made a good call on that one--it is the only thing you can possibly grab.
BC could have beaten you a lot worse that night had they not been saving key plays from the Elgin scouts and they pulled starters as soon as possible to try to avoid unneeded injuries.
This BH team this year is the Real McCoy and not like the many BH teams that were routed in 1st and 2nd rounds. This team this year can compete with anyone in Division I or Division II in the state!

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
There was no luck involved whatsoever BC beat you from start to finish. That official made a good call on that one--it is the only thing you can possibly grab.
BC could have beaten you a lot worse that night had they not been saving key plays from the Elgin scouts and they pulled starters as soon as possible to try to avoid unneeded injuries.
This BH team this year is the Real McCoy and not like the many BH teams that were routed in 1st and 2nd rounds. This team this year can compete with anyone in Division I or Division II in the state!
OC quit stirring the pot :D You know the call was bad :rolleyes: Ya better be good or I'll sick Jody on ya Friday!!!

Rainman
11-16-2005, 01:51 PM

This years team is better than that one hands down, but the call was crap and it you spoke the truth you would know it. I never once wrote on the Downlow when I was a player, because of people like you not able to see truth. The call was terrible and it was a game before it happened.

Jody
11-16-2005, 10:09 PM
I don't recall this play in question, however since I am so good at predicting football victory, I say BH sweeps State Div-II.

P.S. WOS Sucks.

Paratrooper
11-16-2005, 10:13 PM
:D :D :clap:

Rainman
11-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Jody you may not but I promise Don Price does, that was the closest I have ever seen him to being thrown out of a game and the most I have ever heard Jackie fight for the offense.