PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville QB Snead changes his commitment to Texas from Florida

Adidas410s
11-14-2005, 07:40 PM
The following is a statement issued by Snead through coach Morris: "I would like to thank the University of Florida, coach (Urban) Meyer and coach (Dan) Mullen for the kindness and consideration that they have shown the family and me throughout this recruiting process. I have now realized just how important it is to have my family and my friends being present to watch me play. I’m a Texas boy, born and raised, and feel that I owe it to my family, my friends and all of the great fans in the state of Texas to stay here. Therefore I’d like to announce that I’ve committed to The University of Texas. My only focus now is with my teammates as we continue to strive to win a state championship for the Stephenville Yellow Jackets."

PhiI C
11-14-2005, 07:41 PM
HORAY!!!!!

PhiI C
11-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey Adidas is Sergio still committed to the Horns? As far as I know he still is.

Gobbla2001
11-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The following is a statement issued by Snead through coach Morris: I’m a Texas boy, born and raised, and feel that I owe it to my family, my friends and all of the great fans in the state of Texas to stay here.

Wow, great statement, thank you Snead...

Adidas410s
11-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Hey Adidas is Sergio still committed to the Horns? As far as I know he still is.

I havent seen anything to state otherwise. I guess this will impact Stafford looking at UT. I know he had committed to Georgia but I have a friend who's uncle is Randy Allen (coach @ HP) and said that he was considering Texas due to the lack of them having a Blue Chip QB recruit...guess that changes things now!

VWG
11-14-2005, 08:20 PM
WOW! That's a kick in the groin for Meyer at Florida.
Anybody seen Stephenville's playoff jerseys?
They started wearing them last year.
Across the front of the jersey it reads WIN 5.

KTJ
11-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by VWG
WOW! That's a kick in the groin for Meyer at Florida.
Anybody seen Stephenville's playoff jerseys?
They started wearing them last year.
Across the front of the jersey it reads WIN 5.

Well it helps us way more than it hurts Florida. Jevan would have fit the UF system perfectly because it's the same offense they run at Stephenville, but UF was courting someone else at the same time.

Meanwhile, this helped Texas A LOT.

Pmoney
11-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Thank you Snead.....Go Horns

VWG-do you think you can find a picture of steph. playoff jerseys cause i cant seem to find 1

VWG
11-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Thank you Snead.....Go Horns

VWG-do you think you can find a picture of steph. playoff jerseys cause i cant seem to find 1

I saw pic this weekend in the FW Star Telegram. It was their bi-district game against Sherman.

3&2count
11-14-2005, 09:46 PM
ASDF

NateDawg39
11-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Im pleased with his decesion!:D

Port_town_texas
11-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Will he be red-shirted?

Port_town_texas
11-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I saw pic this weekend in the FW Star Telegram. It was their bi-district game against Sherman. It was. They destroyed them.

Pmoney
11-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I saw pic this weekend in the FW Star Telegram. It was their bi-district game against Sherman.
dang the star telegram website doesnt show pictures

PhiI C
11-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
dang the star telegram website doesnt show pictures

This is a picture of him in rivals even though it is probably not what you wanted.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/JEVANSNEAD3_22150.JPG

Old Tiger
11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
FREAKIN SWEET! I was hopin this would happen!

KTJ
11-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
Will he be red-shirted?

It depends on a lot of different things.

injuredinmelee
11-15-2005, 01:00 AM
I argued with a guy last week about this. I told hi it was going to happen. He disagreed. Snead has been at too many Horns games this year for everyone not to see this coming.

HOOK EM HORNS!!! WELCOME TO THE 40 ACRES!!!

yoemenkracker30
11-15-2005, 09:55 AM
things just keep gettin better for the horns, great way to add to an already awesome class

Hook 'Em Horns!