PDA

View Full Version : UT Fans Remember 1963!

PhiI C
11-14-2005, 07:30 PM
That is why we have to be very careful and cautious with the Aggies. In 1963 we played the Aggies and we had a perfect record while the Aggies were 2 - 6 - 1. Also a warning was the previous week the Aggies had lost to Rice just 13 to 6 and we had barely beat Rice 10 - 6. We also should have realized the riskiness because the game was at Kyle Field. The weather had rained and we were just lucky to win the game 15 to 13. There are lots of similarities this year. UT has a perfect record but the game is at Kyle Field which makes it risky. Also the Aggies have a shot at a bowl game if they win. Unlike 1963 when they played for the old Aggie Spirit and Pride they have more at stake this year. Plus it will be Reggie's last game at Kyle field so he will want to be at his best and if he can't play McGee is just as dangerous because I have seen him play in hs and know. Also the Aggies lost a close game to OU and that game was in Norman! :eek: We can win but we must stay focused and cautious and very careful. The Aggies will be ready and the old Aggie Spirit will be alive. We must be ready. We can win but due care and preperation is in order.

Adidas410s
11-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
That is why we have to be very careful and cautious with the Aggies. In 1963 we played the Aggies and we had a perfect record while the Aggies were 2 - 6 - 1. Also a warning was the previous week the Aggies had lost to Rice just 13 to 6 and we had barely beat Rice 10 - 6. We also should have realized the riskiness because the game was at Kyle Field. The weather had rained and we were just lucky to win the game 15 to 13. There are lots of similarities this year. UT has a perfect record but the game is at Kyle Field which makes it risky. Also the Aggies have a shot at a bowl game if they win. Unlike 1963 when they played for the old Aggie Spirit and Pride they have more at stake this year. Plus it will be Reggie's last game at Kyle field so he will want to be at his best and if he can't play McGee is just as dangerous because I have seen him play in hs and know. Also the Aggies lost a close game to OU and that game was in Norman! :eek: We can win but we must stay focused and cautious and very careful. The Aggies will be ready and the old Aggie Spirit will be alive. We must be ready. We can win but due care and preperation is in order.

A few problems here...

1. they barely lost to Oklahoma...Texas BLEW OUT BlowU
2. The "Old Aggie Spirit" no longer exists. One...check out A&M's record at home the last few years. Also, the 12th man just isn't what it used to be (heck you will even hear a "boo" instead of a "hiss" when they are upset) and the Wrecking Crew...well yeah I will stop there!
3. A&M...blown out by Tech, ISU, Colorado and just SNUCK by Baylor (should have lost...it was the lowest that I have ever experienced at Kyle Field after a win). Texas...BLEW OUT Tech, OU, Colorado, and Baylor.

Don't get so worried now. The Aggies of today are not like the Aggies of yester year. The players don't seem to care about school spirit and the traditions that are Aggieland. It shows in the way they carry themselves every week and with the poor performance on Saturdays.

lostaussie
11-14-2005, 07:51 PM
i was born that year. i love the aggies. i don't think you got much to worry about.

KTJ
11-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Phil, I like you buddy but when you post stuff like this, it really has no relevance to what happens right now.

This isn't 1963, these aren't the same teams, not the same coaches, and certainly not the same players--I don't think integration had even happened by then. (insert cheap Aggie joke.)

But yeah...

TPlinebacker53
11-14-2005, 08:40 PM
so is mcneel not hert. i don't think the aggies have much of a chance.

Bulldog_12
11-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
A few problems here...

2. The "Old Aggie Spirit" no longer exists. One...check out A&M's record at home the last few years. Also, the 12th man just isn't what it used to be (heck you will even hear a "boo" instead of a "hiss" when they are upset) and the Wrecking Crew...well yeah I will stop there!

Thats where you are sadly mistaken. There is a lot of buzz around this game. People are fired up and forgetting what has happened previously. I am VERY surprised at the optimism of the student body. Everyone is ready for Friday after T-day. People have been camping for three weeks waiting for the chance to pull tickets. By 12 today the first deck and part of the second are completely gone, and that is only the seniors that pulled. We still have 3 more days of pulling left. Look for Kyle to be rocking for this one. The Ags showed a TON of heart to come back from a 28-7 deficit to make it a game in Norman. This very well may be a turning point for the team, who knows. I look forward to a great game. Come in ranked, GO HOME SPANKED! Gig em!:thumbsup:

AggieJohn
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
good post bulldog.....my thoughts are that this is a rivalry game and if texas gets away from A&M early it can be a blowout like some expect, however if by the second or third quarter there is only a TD spread between them, look for an upset...

these kids played against each other in high school, you can bet theirs going to be some pride on the line

this is in college station, and it does get loud....

oh and to the cat who said same old aggie story, maybe you don't remember the 80's and early nineties when a&m was winning the SWC and even when they won the big 12 in 98, because apparently my friend you must be a t-shirt sip, riding the bandwagon until something bad happens.....

not poking fun of you, but man i hate a t-shirt sip

KTJ
11-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
good post bulldog.....my thoughts are that this is a rivalry game and if texas gets away from A&M early it can be a blowout like some expect, however if by the second or third quarter there is only a TD spread between them, look for an upset...

these kids played against each other in high school, you can bet theirs going to be some pride on the line

this is in college station, and it does get loud....

oh and to the cat who said same old aggie story, maybe you don't remember the 80's and early nineties when a&m was winning the SWC and even when they won the big 12 in 98, because apparently my friend you must be a t-shirt sip, riding the bandwagon until something bad happens.....

not poking fun of you, but man i hate a t-shirt sip

aren't you a t-shirt aggie? you don't go to school there so why cheer for them?

District303aPastPlayer
11-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
aren't you a t-shirt aggie? you don't go to school there so why cheer for them?

Game, Set, Match KTJ

JasperDog94
11-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Does A&M have a shot at a bowl?

Bulldog_12
11-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Only if we beat UT. So it is VERY slim, but also possible..

KTJ
11-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Bulldog, you need a new sig.

:D

HighSchool Fan
11-15-2005, 03:55 PM
this will the first time in along time that a good QB will be playing at college station. a&m fans, how does it feel to have a WR playing QB??

Bulldog_12
11-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
a&m fans, how does it feel to have a WR playing QB??

????? Youll have to clue me in on this. I guess I dont get your joke. And KTJ, I sure do. I have needed one since they deleted my old one like 40 billion years ago.

HighSchool Fan
11-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
????? Youll have to clue me in on this. I guess I dont get your joke. And KTJ, I sure do. I have needed one since they deleted my old one like 40 billion years ago.

it's because it's not a joke. look at the comparisions of Young and McNeal. I still think McNeal would make a good 3rd down reciever or kick returner.

Ratings
Young 169.82 #4 in the nation
McNeal 128.57 #57 in the nation

Yards
Young 2414 #23 in the nation
McNeal 1963 #55 in the nation

Completion %
Young 63.5 #21 in the nation
McNeal 53.2 #96 in the nation (out of 100 QB)

TD's
Young 23 #8 in the country
McNeal 16#32 in the country

Int's
Young 8
McNeal 9

Phil C
11-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Remember KTJ we must be careful and cautious and very focused!

Rainman
11-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Rice lost to A&M that year. In 1963, Jess Neely was the Rice coach, the all-time winningest Rice coach and at the time The Rice-UT rivalry was one of the tightest races in the Southwest Conference.

PhiI C
11-15-2005, 08:38 PM
That is right Rainman. And only one of the six games the Aggies lost that year was by a blowout 42 to 7 against Arkansas. The rest were respectable or close.

yoemenkracker30
11-15-2005, 09:10 PM
all I gotta say is Hook 'Em, lets win this one on Thanksgiving, then work on the Big 12 Title. Don't look ahead, play one game at a time. Slow and steady wins the race!

vet93
11-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Phil....Most years I would agree with you....but this year I don't agree. For A&M to have pulled that game out in 63 they had to have character and a good attitude...I have seen very little of that from this Aggie team. This team (even with the injuries) should have been much better. Their is a players/coaches/chemistry problem that will have to be rectified before these team can excel. It may be close the first 10 minutes, but by the middle of the 4th quarter....Texas will be playing their subs. I support the Aggies 100%...but I will also call a spade a spade.

P.S. Please don't give me the line about coming back on a very subpar OU team....that dog won't hunt.

Rainman
11-15-2005, 09:33 PM
I believe that the only thing that will keep this one close is the AggieSpirit and rivalry that is UT v. A&M. Texas will pull away and get the win to help them achieve their goal.