PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the debate?

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 01:19 PM
If you go to the Jasper vs BC thread, who will win the debate between OC, wos fan 1, and Mike_mustang on what WOS was called?

shankbear
11-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Where did these guys go astray? Two of them deal with the wind.....one predicts it, the other breaks it frequently. Worthy opponents. Let them duke it out with turkey legs at halftime of the Barbers Hill v. K'ville game.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Here is the debate.....lol:D

Originally posted by Old Cardinal
To GS: PA News says BC rushed for 109 and passed for 192 for a total of 301. To have had the ball so sparingly in the first half they did great in the second half.
Who is this Mike Mustang guy--if he did not know the Orange team was officially Stark High School from 1943 to 1977??
The point was that Kourby had not got to QB the first team enough through the year to be able to get any timing coordination for playoff level ball--and that included the playoff games.

As for the statement that "large enrollment team in both Divisions have a definate depth advantage in upper playoff level ball" I will stand pat on that statement based on every statistic that has been derived through the years.

Originally posted by MIKE_MUSTANG
OC, officially you may be correct, but from the beginning to the mid-60's at least, they were referred to as Orange High School.

As to who I am, I was born and raised in Orange Texas, lived here for almost 52 years, have stayed loyal to the Tigers and now the Mustangs, as you have with the Cardinals. My son attends BC, my daughter graduated from BC and was a strutter.

I am not here to get into a P****** match with you, just trying to clarify what the team was called. As far as The Foster-Korby deal, my point was that it was not a runaway game when Foster got hurt, as you try to indict all Orange(orange Stark and WO-S) teams as teams that always run up the score. Just like the BC-WO-S game, we're up 27-3 in the 2nd Quarter and looking like the rout is on, if we call off the dogs, BC probably wins the game.

I have been to every game that WO-S has played this year and not one time has The Mustangs intentionally run up the Score as you would try to make people believe. You do this I guess, because you have problem with Orange, because you always try to degrade Orange and the Mustangs by twisting the truth to suit your needs. I hope BC goes all the way and will support them because they have good kids that I have been around and coached in baseball, but I will remain loyal to the mustangs, and hopefully, together we can make it a very special Christmas for people in BC and Orange.

If you need to know any more about me just ask. :thumbsup:

Yes Mike M.-- Officially you are wrong one more time...You have been wrong each time you post yet you continue to try to make yourself look superior in knowledge. Everyone in Orange County called the team Stark High-- officially and in common language, except I guess you.

Originally posted by wos fan1
OC..Why are you a smart @$$??? Just curious??

..Interesting--looking back over your post WOS 1 and you call me a name?, If I counter one of your groups tangent proclaimations then I get called a name.

Originally posted by wos fan1
Just as i thought !! Shouldn't have wasted my time typing.

Originally posted by MIKE_MUSTANG
ok OC, I dare you to go back and look at The Orange Leader's Archives during that time period and see what they were called, Mr. Know-It-All. Here again you want everyone to see your knowledge or lack their of, in my opinion. When I was in school in the early 70's they were called the Stark Tigers, early to mid 60's they were the ORANGE TIGERS. Sorry your just poppin your gums on this one.

To Mike Mustang--Please read back on here where one of your own corrected you(Shankbear) about the school located in Orange from 1943-1977 being called LUTCHER STARK HIGH . I lived through that era as I assume Shankbear did and that is what the school was called. Go look at the monument on the Green Avenue site ole Buddy. Another-- Know it all-- along with Shankbear and the people that assemble the accurate info on Stark High....Gezz! Do you every play beach ball :D

Stirring the pot......LOL:D :D :clap: :clap: :D

shankbear
11-14-2005, 02:28 PM
this pot is like dog mess.... the more you stir it, the more it stinks.

wos fan1
11-14-2005, 02:39 PM
This was more between OC and Mike than me...Thanks for the votes though..:D

D. R. Hooks
11-14-2005, 02:44 PM
I'll stick my nose where it doesn't belong...my father attended and graduated there in the 1950s and he always called it "Stark" High.

wos fan1
11-14-2005, 02:49 PM
My Dad graduated from STARK High in 1963.

shankbear
11-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Orange you surprised at the Stark difference of opinions?

D. R. Hooks
11-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I just pulled my father's 1955 "Orange Peel' yearbook out of the bookcase, and on page 2 it has "Stark Senior High School", "Carr Junior High School"

Very nice yearbook....

JasperDog94
11-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Orange you surprised at the Stark difference of opinions? boooo...boooooo....:nerd: :nerd: :)

D. R. Hooks
11-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Orange you surprised at the Stark difference of opinions? :clap:

..."and the duck says to the waiter, put in on my bill!"

shankbear
11-14-2005, 03:01 PM
I remember some letter jackets having LHS on them for Lutcher Stark High and some with an "O". I guess it is like asking people who go to Barbers Hill High where they live. Some might say they live in Barbers Hill and some will say Mt. Belvieu. My dad grew up there and it was always called Barbers Hill. Rarely Mt. Belvieu.

LogieJoeBean001
11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Orange you surprised at the Stark difference of opinions?

This is clever...and funny:clap: :)

D. R. Hooks
11-14-2005, 03:11 PM
I remember my Father said Stark's football team wasn't very good in his day, and he wasn't kidding!

1955:

South Park 20 Orange 0
Port Neches 91 Orange 13
Lufkin 76 Orange 0
Baytown 28 Orange 0
Port Arthur 82 Orange 0
Freeport 46 Orange 7
Galena Park 41 Orange 6
Galveston 61 Orange 0
Pasadena 41 Orange 0
Beaumont 60 Orange 13

They missed the playoffs!

Looking at the baseball uniforms, they have an "O" on the jersey and cap with an "Orange High School Tigers" sign in the background.

shankbear
11-14-2005, 03:13 PM
look at all those long trips the orangestark tigers had to make.

wos fan1
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
:D

LogieJoeBean001
11-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by D. R. Hooks
I remember my Father said Stark's football team wasn't very good in his day, and he wasn't kidding!

1955:

South Park 20 Orange 0
Port Neches 91 Orange 13
Lufkin 76 Orange 0
Baytown 28 Orange 0
Port Arthur 82 Orange 0
Freeport 46 Orange 7
Galena Park 41 Orange 6
Galveston 61 Orange 0
Pasadena 41 Orange 0
Beaumont 60 Orange 13

They missed the playoffs!

Ya think???????

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 03:18 PM
look at all those long trips the orangestark tigers had to make.

Boy with scores like that don't you know that was some LONNNGGGG trips home.

shankbear
11-14-2005, 03:18 PM
39 points all year on offense. A good day for Beasley.

D. R. Hooks
11-14-2005, 03:25 PM
yep, average score 54.5 - 3.9

That dang Port Neches coach was running it up again!:D

bulldogbark
11-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Im glad we only have to worry about one letter on our jackets

J thats it,,, just a J,,, not JHS,,,,not JHSB,,,,Just a J:clap:

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Goodness! really......what do you tell a team that has just gotten beaten by 91 points. Good game fellas? You guys were in it all the way right up to the 1st minute of the game, they just got a few lucky breaks on ya? Man, that is unreal to beat a team like that.

X Man
11-15-2005, 10:20 AM
This was one stupid discussion. Stark High School was located in Orange, thus referred to as Orange-Stark HS, or more properly as Orange-Lutcher Stark HS. It was named for Lutcher Stark, who was a lumber and land barron of the bygone era, who basically funded the school out of his own pocket, in it's start. This argument would be akin to argueing if you would say Memorial HS or Port Arthur-Memorial HS.

wos fan1
11-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Yep! By the way Happy Birthday Xman