PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- Rio Hondo

99IHSMustang
11-14-2005, 01:11 PM
RIO HONDO at INGLESIDE (at Texas A&M-Kingsville, Div. II, Regional Quarterfinal) Friday 7:30 PM

44INAROW
11-14-2005, 01:36 PM
I am going to say Ingleside. I want some more cowbell :)

IHStangFan
11-14-2005, 02:16 PM
more cowbell for 44 and the Stangs!! GO MUSTANGS!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-14-2005, 02:48 PM
If Ingleside has a hard time stopping the run, they it'll be a long night for the Mustangs against the Bobcats.

Rio Hondo has 2 big power type RBs with good speed. If Ingleside can stop the run, they they have a good chance of winning. If not, then Rio Hondo will take it.

IHStangFan
11-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
If Ingleside has a hard time stopping the run, they it'll be a long night for the Mustangs against the Bobcats.

Rio Hondo has 2 big power type RBs with good speed. If Ingleside can stop the run, they they have a good chance of winning. If not, then Rio Hondo will take it. The Mustangs have little to no problem stopping a running attack.

Take a look at Mathis' stats all season, then vs Ingleside, (Mathis had 12 yds rushing on the night) (Mathis put up 59yds rushing on Sinton just to compare) But I know that isnt all conclusive and beings this is the playoffs...i'll give Rio Hondo the benifit of the doubt and say they WILL be able to score on Ingleside...but they wont be able to OUTSCORE the Mustangs...and this will be key.

Ingleside 38
Rio Hondo 21

underware
11-14-2005, 05:12 PM
I'll take Graig Hesseltine and the Mustangs this time around. I like the way he runs his team. Good Luck

99IHSMustang
11-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Ingleside has seemed to peek at the right time. Ingleside is averaging 41 points in the last 4 games. Lets not forgot who they got them on either. They scored 44 on Mathis, 35 on Sinton, 41 on Goliad, and 44 on Cotulla. If I am going to predict anything, I can say that this game will probably be a shootout. I hope the Mustangs can pull out the big W.

footballgal
11-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Who's next?

Rio Hondo shuts out Orange Grove to earn date with Ingleside

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/content/articles/2005/11/14/sports/sports1.jpg
Joe Hermosa/Valley Morning Star
Rio Hondo running back Robbie Mesa runs the ball as an Orange Grove defender grabs him from behind during their bi-district playoff game in Kingsville on Saturday.
By PAUL CONATZER
paulc@valleystar.com
956-430-6286

KINGSVILLE - How mean was Rio Hondo's defense on Saturday night?

Well, definitely meaner than a junkyard dog and a whole bunch meaner than the Orange Grove Bulldog offense.

Propelled by a ferocious defense that allowed Orange Grove just 108 yards rushing on 40 carries (2.7 yards per carry averaged) and 186 total yards, the Bobcats snapped and snarled their way to an 18-0 blanking of the Bulldogs on Saturday night at Javelina Stadium on the campus of Texas A&M-Kingsville in the bi-district round of the Class 3A, Division II playoffs.

The Bobcats got a rushing touchdown from tailback Ryan Garcia and one from quarterback Aaron Garza. Garza also threw a 17-yard scoring pass to Garcia on a fake field goal.

"Our defense has been coming up big all year," said second-year Rio Hondo head coach Gus Cavazos. "We had seen them on film and we thought we could hold them. It took us a little while to get going on offense and we made some silly mistakes. We had some penalties and we had some fumbles that slowed us down."

Cavazos said it was Rio Hondo's first playoff win since 1961.

Rio Hondo finished with 80 yards on eight penalties and lost two fumbles inside the Orange Grove 20.

It looked like the Bobcats (9-1), who will play Ingleside in the next round of the playoffs, were going to get off to the best start possible.

After receiving the opening kickoff and moving the ball from their own 20 to the Orange Grove 46, Garcia broke up the middle for a long gain, however, he was stripped of the ball at the Orange Grove three-yard line and the Bulldogs recovered in the end zone for a touchback, giving them the ball on their own 20.

From there, the Bulldogs moved the ball well, marching down to the Rio Hondo 12, but the Bobcat defense showed their claws and forced Orange Grove to try a 34-yard field goal that was wide.

The Rio Hondo front four (Adan Atkinson, Leroy Juarez, Freddy Sosa and Brian Medina) were in a bad mood all game, and spent most of it pushing the Orange Grove offensive line around.

"We knew we had to step it up," said Atkinson, a senior. "We wanted to be leaders out there."

After a scoreless first quarter, the Bobcats got on the board on their first possession of the second period.

A poor Orange Grove punt (29 yards) gave Rio Hondo the ball at its own 48.

Paced by the powerful running of running back Robbie Mesa, who had 38 yards on three carries in the drive and finished the night with 135 yards on 16 carries, the Bobcats moved down to the two.

Garcia, who finished 76 yards on 11 carries, crashed in from there to make it 6-0 with 5:36 left in the first half.

For the night, the Bobcats finished with 217 yards rushing on 35 carries.

"Our offensive line blocked great," said Mesa. "They opened some big holes."

Overall, Rio Hondo had 282 yards total offense.

"We started out a little slow on offense," said Cavazos. "I think the kids were a little nervous. We had about 5,000 people from the community here and the kids might have felt a little pressure."

The Bobcats put the game out of reach with 1:21 left when Garza, who was holding for 34-yard field goal attempt, stood up and threw a shovel pass to Garcia, who rumbled 17 yards for the Bobcats second score of the night. The little bit of trickery capped a 75-yard, 10-play drive from the Bobcats.

"We just put that in this week," said Cavazos. "We were kicking into the wind, so it was going to be a fake from the start."

Garza scored the game's final touchdown with about 3:30 left in the game from a yard-out after the Rio Hondo defense had forced Orange Grove to turn the ball over on downs at midfield.

"I'm looking forward to going to practice on Monday," said Mesa. "I don't want to turn my equipment in yet."

After an open week right before the playoffs, RH didn't look it's best, but expect them to refocus and be better prepared this week.

footballgal
11-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Ingleside has seemed to peek at the right time. Ingleside is averaging 41 points in the last 4 games. Lets not forgot who they got them on either. They scored 44 on Mathis, 35 on Sinton, 41 on Goliad, and 44 on Cotulla. If I am going to predict anything, I can say that this game will probably be a shootout. I hope the Mustangs can pull out the big W.

I think your right Mustang, it might just be a shootout, with the team playing better D, will probably win the game.

sinton66
11-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm going with the Mustangs on this one.

piratebg
11-14-2005, 11:05 PM
I have to go with Ingleside. They have a great team and a good coaching staff. Mustangs by 7.

99IHSMustang
11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Maybe we should get some Sinton Fans on over to the game on Friday and cheer us on... :thinking:

sinton66
11-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Thinking real seriously about it.

Fish's mom
11-14-2005, 11:45 PM
The mustangs do look good and I believe they have the ability to win. But being a mom, just wantt an injury free, fair game and I'm happy:D GO MUSTANGS!! Show them what you got.:cheerl:

11TARPON
11-15-2005, 02:55 AM
IHSTANGFAN, What would you say was the reason for the bad play by your Mustangs against Orange Grove and Aransas Pass? It seems that your team is coming together right now just in time for the playoffs. Last year your Mustangs gave our Tarpons a great game and nearly pulled it off. What is the travel time from Ingleside to Kingsville. I believe that it is an hour and a half from Rio Hondo to Kingsville.

big daddy russ
11-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
IHSTANGFAN, What would you say was the reason for the bad play by your Mustangs against Orange Grove and Aransas Pass? It seems that your team is coming together right now just in time for the playoffs. Last year your Mustangs gave our Tarpons a great game and nearly pulled it off. What is the travel time from Ingleside to Kingsville. I believe that it is an hour and a half from Rio Hondo to Kingsville.
I'm not IHStangfan, but maybe I can help out a little.

Ingleside lost their starting QB after week 1, the week leading up to the Zapata game. During week 1 against Bishop, senior Brandon Stacy (Ingleside's starter) chocked up 124 yards on 7 carries and 49 yards on 5 of 6 passing with 3 total TDs. During week two, we went from a senior dual threat QB who was an All-District player last year to a sophomore QB with almost zero varsity experience. As you can see, we lost a lot.

We experimented with that soph and another soph for the next three weeks before going with original plan A and putting the second one in at RB.

Still, our problems weren't with the talent on the field but with the youth on field.

During the rough stretch where we lost two straight games (Zapata, OG), we outscored our opponents a combined 27-7 in the first half. As a matter of fact, aside from AP we led at the half during every one of our regular season games. For the year, we outscored our opponents 171-51 during the first two quarters. But youth and depth hurt us badly during the second half of those games. The way I see it, when about 1/4 of your starters, especially the ones at key positions, are sophomores the inexperience comes into play. Kids that young aren't used to the physical pounding of the varsity level. Putting a full game together, especially when you're playing both ways, is pretty tough when you're 15 playing against a bunch of 18-year olds.

Our worst stretch of the year was that two-game losing streak. After the OG loss, we played a weak 2A team in Taft and pulled out an unimpressive victory. But it seems like the kids hit another level after that game. They came out and took it to Falfurrias the next week and played AP tough for four quarters the week after that.

Then came the next jump point. Mathis was largely considered the second-best team in the district cominng out of non-district play. Their first district game was against us, and it wasn't pretty. 44-7 was the final.

We had a ton of first-time starters this year, most of whom were sophomores and juniors, trying to learn to play with each other while at the same time learning a new system on the fly. Only 1/5 of our starters were seniors and there was a whole lot of developing going on from week to week with the younger kids. When they finally pulled it together, we started rolling.

Now this is all hearsay and me reading into stats and scores, so don't take it as gospel. I still haven't got the chance to see our boys play this year, but you can pretty much tell where a team is and when they're starting to gel just by looking at patterns in the numbers.

This team is by no means a powerhouse, but they are dangerous. I always compare teams that run a spread offense with jumpshooting teams in hoops. You live and you die by it. If you're clicking you can take out anyone, anywhere and there's nothing they can do but try to outscore you. But if you're off, you're probably headed home with an "L."

Ingleside will test Rio Hondo's secondary. The Bobcats probably haven't played a pass-happy offense as potent as Ingleside's, but at the same time you can't ignore a team that pitched a shutout against a team as well-coached as Orange Grove. They'll be a handfull for our boys, no doubt. I think it'll be a good game.

99IHSMustang
11-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Well said Russ... I guess that is why you used to write for the newspaper.

11TARPON
11-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the reply Big Daddy. Rio Hondo Bobcats are the District Champ this year and they beat PI in overtime this year and went undefeated. PI had basically the same situation as your Mustangs. The Tarpons this year were young and inexperienced. Only one offensive and one defensive starter from last year's team returned. We went 0-5 as we struggled with a 5A team and a 4A team(Los Fresnos and PSJA Memorial who both made the playoffs), and a strong team from Mexico . It wasn't until the Falfurias game (we also lost ) that we could began to see the offensive line start to come together. We lost our first District game to Hidalgo (also in the playoffs) however, we were up on them by 11 going into the fourth quarter. We then won three straight game where the offensive line was dominant and the defense was holding its own. We had a chance to share the district crown by beating Rio Hondo. On our initial drive we mixed it up with runs and passes and Rio Hondo couldn't stop us, however, going in to score we fumbled at the three yard line and a RH player recovered in the end-zone. This happened three times where we drove the ball down the field and fumbled near the end-zone and RH recovered in the endzone, 21 lost points. We ended up going into overtime tied 14 all. They score on their first possession and we scored on our first possession, however, we didn't connect on the extra point and we lost 21-20. Our kids have matured week by week and I'm not saying were as good as last year's team but they are playing with excitement. Good luck with the RH Bobcats and hope its an injury free game.

big daddy russ
11-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey Tarpon, how young is your team? Are you guys going to bring a lot back next year or will someone else be the favorite to win 32?

footballgal
11-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Hope you don't mind Big Daddy, I quoted your info. (post) for the RH fans, who are really clueless about Ingleside.

BTW, Ingleside almost sounds like the Tarpons this year. We might just have a future match-up, as both of these teams are very young and with good talent coming back.

big daddy russ
11-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Hope you don't mind Big Daddy, I quoted your info. (post) for the RH fans, who are really clueless about Ingleside.
That's fine. Where'd you quote it, RGV.com?

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Then came the next jump point. Mathis was largely considered the second-best team in the district cominng out of non-district play. Their first district game was against us, and it wasn't pretty. 44-7 was the final.

Good write up Russ, but you have to admit Mathis was seriously over-rated. Just goes to show you what a few people in the media can do by putting a serious spin on their stories.

I, for one, was amazed when we played Mathis.:thinking: Nothing like what was expected.

footballgal
11-15-2005, 02:54 PM
That's fine. Where'd you quote it, RGV.com?
Yes sir.

NewYorkYankee
11-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Well Rio Hondo played Hidalgo who passed the ball alot and the Bobcats handled them well so I think if the Bobcats show up to play they can win this one....peace out e-town down

big daddy russ
11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
Well Rio Hondo played Hidalgo who passed the ball alot and the Bobcats handled them well so I think if the Bobcats show up to play they can win this one....peace out e-town down
Hawaii throws the ball a lot. As a matter of fact the Rainbow Warriors, led by former NFL front man June Jones, average almost 400 yards a game through the air.

But Louisiana Tech came in, dealt with Hawaii's passing game and completely dismantled the Rainbows.

Do you really think LaTech's ready to take on USC?

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that Rio Hondo's the 3A equivalent of LaTech, just saying that this is a loose argument for one team beating another. I, for one, think both teams have their work cut out for them and that this will be a pretty tough game for the Mustangs.

NewYorkYankee
11-15-2005, 05:31 PM
All that i was trying to validate big daddy russ was that Rio Hondo is capable of defending against the pass. YOU are trying to compare teams according to college teams.LMAO.All that jibberish about Hawaii and LaTech and USC was pointless.Once again all I said was that Rio Hondo will not be a foreigner to a team that can bring a passing attack.And I myself was comparing Ingleside to Hidalgo which is a WAAAAAY closer analytical comparison than your college team scenario that you set up.....you should read more carefull what i post....."if the bobcats show up to play they CAN win"....does it say WILL win?NO.I myself also think this game will be a close hard fought game...playoffs can bring out the best in teams....it seems to me that you took my post offensively against your team and you ASSUMED that i was implying that Rio Hondo would beat Ingleside...you know since you said "this is a loose argument for one team beating another"...well the truth is that my post wasnt an argument but a FACT that Rio Hondo is not a stranger to a heavy passing attack....where you thought I said Rio Hondo would win only your mental comprehension knows.....because all I said was they CAN win if they show up tp play just like Ingleside CAN win if THEY show up to play.............

peace out e-town down!

99IHSMustang
11-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
All that i was trying to validate big daddy russ was that Rio Hondo is capable of defending against the pass. YOU are trying to compare teams according to college teams.LMAO.All that jibberish about Hawaii and LaTech and USC was pointless.Once again all I said was that Rio Hondo will not be a foreigner to a team that can bring a passing attack.And I myself was comparing Ingleside to Hidalgo which is a WAAAAAY closer analytical comparison than your college team scenario that you set up.....you should read more carefull what i post....."if the bobcats show up to play they CAN win"....does it say WILL win?NO.I myself also think this game will be a close hard fought game...playoffs can bring out the best in teams....it seems to me that you took my post offensively against your team and you ASSUMED that i was implying that Rio Hondo would beat Ingleside...you know since you said "this is a loose argument for one team beating another"...well the truth is that my post wasnt an argument but a FACT that Rio Hondo is not a stranger to a heavy passing attack....where you thought I said Rio Hondo would win only your mental comprehension knows.....because all I said was they CAN win if they show up tp play just like Ingleside CAN win if THEY show up to play.............

peace out e-town down!

I don't even see where Russ took your post offensively... I am confused :thinking: The way I took it was that he was just trying to take a comparison, even though, you might not agree with it. I see more hostility in your response than his.

sinton66
11-15-2005, 07:23 PM
In my opinion, there's no need to take anything hostile at all. We are all FANS of the game. We don't play it. We should share info between us and see what the other side says we should watch out for. That way we all get to enjoy more of the game as it plays out before us. We get to see the good plays that certain players will make because we already know to watch for them. I hope that makes some sense, but that's my take on things. I'm pulling for the stangs, but I'm also praying for an injury free game. At this point in the season, no matter who wins, no one can afford injuries.

99IHSMustang
11-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
In my opinion, there's no need to take anything hostile at all. We are all FANS of the game. We don't play it. We should share info between us and see what the other side says we should watch out for. That way we all get to enjoy more of the game as it plays out before us. We get to see the good plays that certain players will make because we already know to watch for them. I hope that makes some sense, but that's my take on things. I'm pulling for the stangs, but I'm also praying for an injury free game. At this point in the season, no matter who wins, no one can afford injuries.

I totally agree Sinton66.. I hope no one was taking what I said as "trying to start something".

sinton66
11-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Well, I didn't see where anybody was taking anything hostile. Just though I'd share my philosophy on the subject.;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Ingleside 17 Rio Hondo 14 playoffs are about defense, and one teams defense will win this. Ingleside defense wins it for them.

big_stew
11-16-2005, 08:49 AM
This is my first time to make a post here, but I have been a frequent visitor to 3adownlow for the last couple years. I am a fan of Ingleside and have attended all their games over the last 6 years. I look at this game with Rio Hondo as being quite similar to last year's game against Port Isabel. Ingleside last year had 2 big guns (Randy Webb the QB and Brandon Stacy the RB) IHS played PI tough and without a crucial fumble on their first drive of the 2nd half I beleive they could have pulled it out. This year's team is as good as last year's except for the youth at key positions. They have improved greatly as the season has progressed, which I give credit to good coaching. The IHS defense can be worn down by a power running game, but they are also a very difficult team to defend. Speed in HS football is a serious weapon and IHS posses speed. IHS was very succesful offensively against a very good Sinton defense (long drives and also big plays) A few questions that I have about Rio Hondo is 1. Do they run the same offense as Port Isabel? 2. Does their QB run good on the outside? 3. How good are their DB's? I have heard that they are big up front is that true? If anyone has any questions in regards to Ingleside I am sure I can answer them. IHS has a very good coach who I think prepares for teams very well. Look for semi-trick plays. I predict that if Ingleside can score 30 points or more that they can win.

IHStangFan
11-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
IHSTANGFAN, What would you say was the reason for the bad play by your Mustangs against Orange Grove and Aransas Pass? It seems that your team is coming together right now just in time for the playoffs. Last year your Mustangs gave our Tarpons a great game and nearly pulled it off. What is the travel time from Ingleside to Kingsville. I believe that it is an hour and a half from Rio Hondo to Kingsville. I'd probably say the reason for the sub-par play against OG and AP was probably due to the fact that A: Ingleside is on its 3rd starting QB this season, and B: him and many others starting are underclassmen and are just now gettin comfortable and finding their groove as, the great "whos gonna play what position" controversey is over. Travel time to K-Ville...depending on how fast you drive...about an hour or so i guess.

pirate4state
11-16-2005, 05:28 PM
:cheerl: GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS!!! :cheerl:

:thumbsup: Represent!! :D

IHStangFan
11-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:cheerl: GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS!!! :cheerl:

:thumbsup: Represent!! :D LMAO!!! P4S, your sig RULES!!! i LOVE that movie!! youre a character! :clap:

11TARPON
11-17-2005, 12:58 AM
RH OL is big. Their defense has kept them in many games where their offense was slow in coming around. In their game against PI the Tarpons were able to run at will against their defense. We mixed some passes in with the run and were very sucessful. On two of our drive we fumbled near the end-zone and RH recovered in the end-zone. At half-time the score was 7-0 Tarpons and had it not been for the fumbles it should of been 21-0. However, for whatever reason the coach got away from the passing (maybe the field position) and the game ended at 14-14 regulation. The RH defense rose up to the challenge in the third quarter and stop our running. They run strong once they get their momentum. PI stop them completely in the first half and when their defense picked it up so did the offense. Theri offense doesn't pass much but their passer is good. However, in their playoff game last week I did notice twice they ran the ball on third and about 5 yard to go.

big_stew
11-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Ingleside is a totally different team now then when they played against OG and AP. Honestly I didn’t see any “heart” in the game against OG, it was the poorest coaching job that I have seen from Coach Hesseltine in 2 years, but they have improved. The sophomore QB has really played well the last 4 games and has developed a lot of confidence. He was not the starter against OG or AP. Why the coach did not stick with him after the Zapata game I do not know, but he did have a terrible game against Zapata. If Ingleside can get positive yardage on 1st down they are a very hard team to stop. The Ingleside defense can play good and they do create turnovers. Ingleside does have some size up front but it is their speed and play making ability that make them so dangerous

99IHSMustang
11-17-2005, 09:50 AM
I have been to every game except the Zapata game and I have to agree with you big_stew, Ingleside is a totally different team right now. Chrissman (QB) has developed that arm into a cannon and he still has 2 more years to perfect his accuracy and strength. I heard that one of the reasons they did not use him so much before district play was to protect him from injuries. I do not know why the Coach did not use him in the AP game. If Ingleside starts off the way they did against Cotulla this past Sat it could be a long night for the Mustangs. They were dropping catchable passes. I think it was a bit of nervousness on there part. I am hoping to see the Mustangs air it out early for those big completions.

big_stew
11-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Another thing about IHS which I think is overlooked is their running game, RB Coffield is a hard runner with some speed. And RB Rodriguez is small but very shifty and fast. It's possible for them to establish a running game which will open the passing game much more. I would not want to be the defensive coordinator who would have to devise a game plan to defend them. I am not too worried about a slow start, because they have the ability to make big plays. I do think that they need put at least 30 points on the board to win. It will be interesting to see how the IHS defense will play. I have seen them play and come up with big stops, once against Zapata and twice against Sinton. So the IHS defense and running game can not be overlooked. I am still looking for more info on RH. Do they bring a huge crowd?

99IHSMustang
11-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by big_stew
Another thing about IHS which I think is overlooked is their running game, RB Coffield is a hard runner with some speed. And RB Rodriguez is small but very shifty and fast. It's possible for them to establish a running game which will open the passing game much more. I would not want to be the defensive coordinator who would have to devise a game plan to defend them. I am not too worried about a slow start, because they have the ability to make big plays. I do think that they need put at least 30 points on the board to win. It will be interesting to see how the IHS defense will play. I have seen them play and come up with big stops, once against Zapata and twice against Sinton. So the IHS defense and running game can not be overlooked. I am still looking for more info on RH. Do they bring a huge crowd?

I remember seeing the highlights and it seemed that they did in fact have a large crowd at Javelina stadium last week.

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by big_stew
Ingleside is a totally different team now then when they played against OG and AP. Honestly I didn’t see any “heart” in the game against OG, it was the poorest coaching job that I have seen from Coach Hesseltine in 2 years, but they have improved. The sophomore QB has really played well the last 4 games and has developed a lot of confidence. He was not the starter against OG or AP. Why the coach did not stick with him after the Zapata game I do not know, but he did have a terrible game against Zapata. If Ingleside can get positive yardage on 1st down they are a very hard team to stop. The Ingleside defense can play good and they do create turnovers. Ingleside does have some size up front but it is their speed and play making ability that make them so dangerous my thoughts exactly when i read Dave Campbell's accessment of the matchup where he stated "since IHS lost to OG and RH beat them, RH should win" i had to shake my head at that one. He must know nothing of the changes that have taken place w/ the Mustangs since the begining of the season.

big_stew
11-17-2005, 12:16 PM
If RH brings a big crowd, hopefully the Ingleside crowd will be able to respond by being more into the game and more organized. Have you noticed that the the band, the cheerleaders, the students and the crowd are very unorganized and not coordinated? Way too many people stay sitting on their butts. I did notice last year against PI that the IHS crowd was much better than the regular season, hopefully that will be the case on friday.

99IHSMustang
11-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey IHS... I think if it stays cool like this, I am going to be wearing my "Got Cowbell" beanie. :D

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey IHS... I think if it stays cool like this, I am going to be wearing my "Got Cowbell" beanie. :D LOL!!! Nice!! REPRESENT!!!

footballgal
11-17-2005, 12:55 PM

AP Panther Fan
11-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey IHS... I think if it stays cool like this, I am going to be wearing my "Got Cowbell" beanie. :D

:thumbsup: :D

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:thumbsup: :D I may just wear mine in support way out here in AZ!

:clap:

AP Panther Fan
11-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I may just wear mine in support way out here in AZ!

:clap:

Sounds like a plan, will you be able to get a webcast of the game?:thinking:

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Sounds like a plan, will you be able to get a webcast of the game?:thinking: I"m not sure, to be honest, I really havent looked into yet as of yet....guess I need to.

AP Panther Fan
11-17-2005, 01:06 PM
I"m not sure, to be honest, I really havent looked into yet as of yet....guess I need to.

If nobody from our area does it, I am wondering if someone from RGV might. Perhaps footballgal might know.:thinking:

footballgal
11-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Crowd: They had like 5000+, but there were only 2 valley games that day and so that they had a lot of other valley people watching as well. But, this week it’s a Friday game, they will bring a nice crowd, but I seriously doubt it will be like last Saturday, with several valley teams still playing. (just in our district the top 3 are still playing)

Q1: Do they run the same offense as Port Isabel? A: No they don’t run the same offense or similarly to PIs Q2. Does their QB run good on the outside? A: Yes, he has decent outside speed, I believe his name is Aaron Garza, and can pass the ball if need be, but they are for sure more of a running team, with two big bruising type of running backs, Robbie Mesa and Ryan Garcia. Q3. How good are their DB's? A: They were getting beat against PIs passing game 3wks ago. However, they have one real good DB, his last name is Gant. And yes they are big up front, matter fact they are big overall, very big. PI hadn’t seen that kind of size or similar, since playing 5A Los Fresno’s and Monterrey Tech in week 0 and week 1. Plus for their size, they have decent speed, not exceptional though.

RH starts off slow but plays better in the 2nd half and do play all 48 min. I think this could be a great game. But if Ingleside’s get up on them early and play all 48 min this will be their game.

I can't recall what type of an offense they run, but I will find out and post it.

PirateGT
11-17-2005, 01:28 PM
RH should have no problem with Ingleside. Didn't West Oso beat Ingleside this year? RH handled WO pretty well.

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by PirateGT
RH should have no problem with Ingleside. Didn't West Oso beat Ingleside this year? RH handled WO pretty well. its the "who beat who" game again, but this cannot be applied to Ingleside...as stated above, they are basically a diff. team from early in the season....3 qbs later....I have no doubt RH will be tough...but since we're playing the "who beat who" game.....riddle me this....(Oso didnt play Ingleside) but...Oso lost to Sinton 7-44, Ingleside lost to Sinton 35-50.....Orange Grove is the team youre thinking of.....OG beat Ingleside 27-13 the 3rd game of the season right when Ingleside was going through its QB struggles (senior starter forced to quit team, and bounced back and forth between 2 sophs before deciding on one)....OG then goes on to lose to Sinton 6-30, OG beat Fal 22-14, and Ingleside beat Fal 43-0, then lost to AP 27-29 while OG beat AP 31-17....so your logic..along w/ Dave Campbell's is flawed w/ the whole comparing who beat who thing.

Just wanted to point that out, and in MOST cases...comparing two teams records against like teams holds no water as any given team can win on fri. night and somes teams match up diff. against like teams as well.

that being said, Good luck to RH and the rest of the valley teams
:)

99IHSMustang
11-17-2005, 01:54 PM
RH should have no problem with Ingleside. Didn't West Oso beat Ingleside this year? RH handled WO pretty well.

I am pretty sure Ingleside likes being considered the under dogs, so just go ahead and keep that mind set. Ingleside has had to prove themselves all year anyways.

SintonFan
11-17-2005, 02:05 PM
I posted this in the wrong thread so I'll post it where it belongs.
After seeing Ingleside I think they have a good chance in this game.
They first have to play much better defense against a good Rio Hondo offense. They(Mustangs) have decent talent but need to be a little more aggresive imho.
On offense, Ingleside can score lots of points if they so want to. This is a very young and talented group that has gelled of late. If they can control the clock(by running a little more) this game will tilt toward the Mustangs. That passing O for Ingleside is real good.
Rio Hondo is much better than Cotulla and will take this game if Ingleside doesn't play better D.

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I posted this in the wrong thread so I'll post it where it belongs.
After seeing Ingleside I think they have a good chance in this game.
They first have to play much better defense against a good Rio Hondo offense. They(Mustangs) have decent talent but need to be a little more aggresive imho.
On offense, Ingleside can score lots of points if they so want to. This is a very young and talented group that has gelled of late. If they can control the clock(by running a little more) this game will tilt toward the Mustangs. That passing O for Ingleside is real good.
Rio Hondo is much better than Cotulla and will take this game if Ingleside doesn't play better D. this i will agree with...Rio Hondo is no Cotulla.

footballgal
11-17-2005, 02:36 PM

PirateGT, when did RH play West Oso? Your not confusing it with PI vs WO are you??:confused:

...Just wanted to point that out, and in MOST cases...comparing two teams records against like teams holds no water as any given team can win on fri. night and somes teams match up diff. against like teams as well.

I totally agree with you, as I have always being a firm believer in that.

And thanks for your best wishes!

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
PirateGT, when did RH play West Oso? Your not confusing it with PI vs WO are you??:confused: after looking, i was kinda wondering the same. i think he meant Orange Grove??

AP Panther Fan
11-17-2005, 03:06 PM
.....riddle me this....

lol....you crack me up and I now feel dumber for reading that. You are the comedian as always. ;)

btw...I saw your mom at our last game against Mathis!

Go Mustangs!

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 03:09 PM
lol....you crack me up and I now feel dumber for reading that. You are the comedian as always. ;)

btw...I saw your mom at our last game against Mathis!

Go Mustangs! AH!! mom at an AP game?? she musta been w/ Patty and Scooter? LOL.

AP Panther Fan
11-17-2005, 03:11 PM
AH!! mom at an AP game?? she musta been w/ Patty and Scooter? LOL.

Yep, Patty and Shelby!;) :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-17-2005, 04:13 PM
wasnt planning in going to any games this week til next week matchups but might try and get over the mourning sooner and attend this one

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
wasnt planning in going to any games this week til next week matchups but might try and get over the mourning sooner and attend this one ah, you just wanna see Ingleside lose! ;)

KIDDING!!! KIDDING!!!

yes...get over there and support 30-3A!!

PirateGT
11-17-2005, 04:36 PM
its the "who beat who" game again, but this cannot be applied to Ingleside...as stated above, they are basically a diff. team from early in the season....3 qbs later....I have no doubt RH will be tough...but since we're playing the "who beat who" game.....riddle me this....(Oso didnt play Ingleside) but...Oso lost to Sinton 7-44, Ingleside lost to Sinton 35-50.....Orange Grove is the team youre thinking of.....OG beat Ingleside 27-13 the 3rd game of the season right when Ingleside was going through its QB struggles (senior starter forced to quit team, and bounced back and forth between 2 sophs before deciding on one)....OG then goes on to lose to Sinton 6-30, OG beat Fal 22-14, and Ingleside beat Fal 43-0, then lost to AP 27-29 while OG beat AP 31-17....so your logic..along w/ Dave Campbell's is flawed w/ the whole comparing who beat who thing.

Just wanted to point that out, and in MOST cases...comparing two teams records against like teams holds no water as any given team can win on fri. night and somes teams match up diff. against like teams as well.

Sorry for the mistake. I did mean to say OG. But I completely agree with what you're saying. Thanx for the clarification.

IHStangFan
11-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Sorry for the mistake. I did mean to say OG. But I completely agree with what you're saying. Thanx for the clarification. heck, i had to look it up just to be sure, LOL. had me second guessing myself! :D

sinton3055
11-17-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm pulling for Ingleside, I might go, I might not but win that game. GO MUSTANGS.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
im sitting on RH side:D

KIDDNG!!!!!!!!!kidding:confused: jk i think it be low scoring game u wont see many teams from this round and up putting 30+ points the defenses will setup there play. Ingleside 17 RH 14

99IHSMustang
11-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Ingleside Mustangs
Varsity Roster

# Name Ht. Wt. Position Class
1 Mathew Rodriguez 5’5 140 RB/DB 10
2 Harold Foster 5’7 140 WR/DB 12
4 RJ Endsley 5’10 165 WR/LB 11
5 Braden Hendricks 5’8 145 WR/LB 10
7 Izzy Sanchez 5’10 150 WR/DB 11
10 Travis Chrisman 6’2 185 QB/DB 10
11 Jesse Barajas 5’5 140 RB/DB 10
12 Mark Varela 5’8 150 RB/DB 11
18 Mathew Youngs 5’10 160 RB/LB 9
20 Chris Ripoll 5’9 155 WR/LB 12
22 Daniel Yandell 5’9 160 OL/DL 10
22 Jesse Martinez 5’8 140 QB/DB 10
24 Josh Coffield 5’11 170 RB/LB 10
32 Joel Johnson 6’1 180 WR/DB 11
33 Zach Adams 5’9 175 WR/DB 11
34 Jeffrey Techur 6’ 180 RB/LB 10
35 Greg Timbs 5’6 150 RB/LB 9
40 Tyler Dunn 5’7 150 WR/DB 10
44 Garrett Marmolejo 5’5 135 WR/DB 10
48 Billy Hurst 5’8 160 RB/LB 10
52 Justin Chambers 6’1 240 OL/LB 11
55 Patrick Jones 6’1 205 OL/DL 12
56 Josh Howerton 5’11 185 OL/LB 10
58 DJ Turnham 5’6 155 OL/DL 11
60 Mathew Nichols 6’ 185 OL/DL 11
62 Trevor Burris 5’10 265 OL/DL 12
64 Josh Luna 5’7 200 OL/DL 10
65 Stuart Hamilton 6’ 195 TE/DL 10
66 Cody Tatum 6’1 210 OL/DL 10
70 Henry Lewis 6’1 285 OL/DL 11
72 Aaron Trujillo 5’10 230 OL/DL 9
75 Michael Mosmeyer 6’3 265 OL/DL 12
76 Cody Fabacher 5’10 215 OL/DL 10
77 Cody Scheurich 5’10 225 OL/DL 11
80 Brian Tharas 6’ 145 WR/DB 10
81 Aaron Snodgrass 5’11 175 OL/DL 9
82 Wesley Adams 5’8 155 WR/DB 12
83 Trenton Robison 5’8 140 WR/DB 10
88 Caleb Partiba 5’8 145 WR/DB 10
89 Eric Jimenz 5’8 170 OL/DL 10

As you can see they are a fairly young team..

Key Players to look for tomorrow are:
(RB/DB) #1 Mathew Rodriguez, (QB/DB) #10 Travis Chrisman, (RB/LB) #24 Josh Coffield, (WR/DB) #32 Joel Johnson, (WR/DB) #33 Zach Adams, (OL/LB) #52 Justin Chambers, (OL/DL) #75 Michael Mosmeyer

99IHSMustang
11-18-2005, 03:25 PM
For those of you who might be interested in the Score for the game tonight, I will be keeping Russ updated Qtr by Qtr. I am sure if he has time he will post them.

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 03:26 PM
For those of you who might be interested in the Score for the game tonight, I will be keeping Russ updated Qtr by Qtr. I am sure if he has time he will post them.
Turns out I'm not gonna make to my game tonight, so I'm on it.

NateDawg39
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Lets go Ingelside!!!

99IHSMustang
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Turns out I'm not gonna make to my game tonight, so I'm on it.

Well that sucks Russ but at least you can post the score now. :D

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Lets go Ingelside!!!
Hey Iz, did I ever tell you that I like this guy?

Well that sucks Russ but at least you can post the score now. :D
LOL. Thanks. There was a really good 2A game that was going to be played in Conroe, but it was either spend the money on that (my 'Burban only gets about 12 mpg, 90 mile trip one way, gas=$2.19/gal... my math isn't all that good, but even if my figure is in the ballpark I don't like what I'm seeing) or spend the money on Liberty Hill/Needville and some Mexican food tomorrow.

I vote food and football. Figured that LH game would be closer than a lot of people thought and in all my 25 years have still never seen Needville.

99IHSMustang
11-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey Iz, did I ever tell you that I like this guy?

LOL. Thanks. There was a really good 2A game that was going to be played in Conroe, but it was either spend the money on that (my 'Burban only gets about 12 mpg, 90 mile trip one way, gas=$2.19/gal... my math isn't all that good, but even if my figure is in the ballpark I don't like what I'm seeing) or spend the money on Liberty Hill/Needville and some Mexican food tomorrow.

I vote food and football. Figured that LH game would be closer than a lot of people thought and in all my 25 years have still never seen Needville.

If I am not mistaken that guy gave Ingleside no love against Sinton :thinking: ... its ok Ingleside couldn't pull out the win but they gave them a hell of a game.

Sounds like a plan, as fas as watching the LH vs Needville game.

IHStangFan
11-18-2005, 07:23 PM
RUSS!!! CALL ME W/ UPDATES!!! OR JUST TEXT THEM TO ME!!

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 07:39 PM
RUSS!!! CALL ME W/ UPDATES!!! OR JUST TEXT THEM TO ME!!
I got a new phone, don't have your number anymore. PM it to me.

IHStangFan
11-18-2005, 07:42 PM
done Russ, BUT...

i'll be in Tombstone tonight, and my signal there is almost non-existant...so if i dont answer, leave a msg or just text it to me, i tend to still be able to get text msgs in Tombstone.

big daddy russ
11-18-2005, 07:43 PM
I'll do it. Have fun.