PDA

View Full Version : Really good pics of Cameron vs Hempstead

CenTexSports
11-14-2005, 11:07 AM
http://www.kmil.com/Football-05/Hempstead.htm

If anybody that hasn't heard of Derek Evans the Cameron wide out, here are a couple of stats from the game.

2 touchdowns
2 field goals (one of 46 yards)
2 interceptions
severl punt returns and several kickoff returns

He does not normally play defense but with the starting QB out they had to move the starting CB to QB and Derek filled in at defensive back.

gobbler grad
11-14-2005, 12:23 PM
sounds like if you lose him, you all start basketball...:thinking:

hope he stays healthy during the playoffs...

theyoefnshow
11-14-2005, 12:26 PM
actually the reason he started defense is because Hempstead had a receiver that is 6'5. Derrick is 6'4. Who better to cover him? The INT's were just a bonus. He always catches passes for TD's and kicks the extra point so to say "he's our team" is unfair to the rest of them. He's simply a big cog in the machine that is the Cameron Yoemen.

aggie
11-14-2005, 12:52 PM
that kid in the front of the trophy picture is a jv player

BU97
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by aggie
that kid in the front of the trophy picture is a jv player

I thought that looked funny with the kid that obviously didn't play holding up the trophy.

punt
11-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Opinion: Derrick is pretty much "the team" for Cameron. If a 6-3 team scored 21 points against the #3 ranked team in the state I would say that Cameron needs to find more defense. Hempstead was unranked and in a rebuilding year with a new coach. I bet the Hempstead bb coach is happy to learn that Toliver grew to 6'5" in the last few days. He is probably a good 6'3" approaching 6'4". Derrick is very good, really good leg on the last fg. Best keep him healthy.

CenTexSports
11-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Just my 2 cents worth but:

Cameron beat Bellville who beat Marlin pretty good.
Cameron beat Giddings who beat Bellville pretty good.
Cameron beat Hutto who beat Rice who had a pretty good team.
Cameron has won the last three games using their second string QB.

Bottom Line: Cameron has a pretty good team and Derek Evans makes it better.

Cameron has had a one man team before with Billy Pittman but it is not a one man team this year. They may lose this week but no matter what, it is a good TEAM.

Forgot something: I didn't make the game but I heard that the Hempstead team had player for player, as many quality athletes as any team Cameron has faced all year, they just lacked that little something to take them to the next level.

punt
11-14-2005, 04:37 PM
That little something just may be continuity in coaching and playing together. Hopefully that has been remedied. 4 coaches in 5 years is tough on the kids. You know Hempstead had some players out with injuries. You don't talk about that, just play the hand delt you. "What if" has no effect on the game, final score is all that counts in the end. You pretty well know that if Cameron didn't have Derrick they wouldn't be 11-0, they would just be another decent team.

rockdale80
11-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by punt
That little something just may be continuity in coaching and playing together. Hopefully that has been remedied. 4 coaches in 5 years is tough on the kids. You know Hempstead had some players out with injuries. You don't talk about that, just play the hand delt you. "What if" has no effect on the game, final score is all that counts in the end. You pretty well know that if Cameron didn't have Derrick they wouldn't be 11-0, they would just be another decent team.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sicem74
11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
im holdin the trophy im #74

theyoefnshow
11-14-2005, 10:10 PM
name me one team out there that doesn't have a standout player that makes a difference

punt
11-14-2005, 11:29 PM
Bellville. No real studs just a lot of team players contributing. If they had had a player like Derik they would probably still be playing. They will probably have a couple next year as they came a long way this year.

theyoefnshow
11-15-2005, 12:08 AM
and they didn't make it past round 1 now did they?

Example:
Cameron - Evans
Hutto - Kerley
Giddings - Fitzhenry

Take away those players from each team and you still have a solid team that can make things happen no matter what. They are not 1 man groups.

HPLJ6L
11-15-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Just my 2 cents worth but:

Cameron beat Bellville who beat Marlin pretty good.
Cameron beat Giddings who beat Bellville pretty good.
Cameron beat Hutto who beat Rice who had a pretty good team.
Cameron has won the last three games using their second string QB.

Bottom Line: Cameron has a pretty good team and Derek Evans makes it better.

Cameron has had a one man team before with Billy Pittman but it is not a one man team this year. They may lose this week but no matter what, it is a good TEAM.

Forgot something: I didn't make the game but I heard that the Hempstead team had player for player, as many quality athletes as any team Cameron has faced all year, they just lacked that little something to take them to the next level.

Hempstead played Cameron tough. Now they are rolling out the basketballs, and not to bring up the zebras again but...
1. IF reciever A and DBack B go up for a pass, both of them have two hands on the ball, and player B gets up holding the ball.
THEN the correct call is either incomplete pass or interception.
2. Sorry Yoe, Derrick just wasn't as spectacular as the Tolliver Kid. (Evans caught passes on little people, Tolliver caught passes on Evans)
3. Even if the refs don't call it, holding is still illegal. You will find this out later and whine about it when you play a more respected team and they actually enforce the rule.
Great Season Hempstead. Now if only you could rub off on PV....

theyoefnshow
11-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Hempstead played Cameron tough. Now they are rolling out the basketballs, and not to bring up the zebras again but...
1. IF reciever A and DBack B go up for a pass, both of them have two hands on the ball, and player B gets up holding the ball.
THEN the correct call is either incomplete pass or interception.
2. Sorry Yoe, Derrick just wasn't as spectacular as the Tolliver Kid. (Evans caught passes on little people, Tolliver caught passes on Evans)
3. Even if the refs don't call it, holding is still illegal. You will find this out later and whine about it when you play a more respected team and they actually enforce the rule.
Great Season Hempstead. Now if only you could rub off on PV....

Yes your #1 point is correct HOWEVER if they BOTH have possession of the ball then the offense keeps it. Hence, first down, completion, etc

yoemenkracker30
11-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Sorry Yoe, Derrick just wasn't as spectacular as the Tolliver Kid. (Evans caught passes on little people, Tolliver caught passes on Evans)

how many catches did tolliver have?

punt
11-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Take away Evans and Cameron would more than likely be playing bb this week. According to the Houston paper Evans was 6-113 with one td. Tolliver was 4-59 with 1 td. I know one of Evans longer receptions was agains Williams who is about 5'7". Tolliver is more impressive with what he does after making a catch. Evans is a very good player and will do well in college. Tolliver should be very impressive next season. Now he will be impressive in bb. All around athlete and a good kid.

Good luck to the Yeo.

gigem55
11-15-2005, 12:22 PM
evans caught passes on numerous people like 2 or 3 covering him at 1 time. But I am not going to argue with you let the stats do the talking

Evans over 1000 yars and 13 touchdowns
Tolliver 480 yards 5 touchdowns

who would you rather have????

I think I will go with tolliver

KL3
11-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Tolliver will probably have over 20 offers by the time next spring ends. I'm not sure if Evans has any offers as of right now, and he's a Sr.

aggie
11-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Tolliver will probably have over 20 offers by the time next spring ends. I'm not sure if Evans has any offers as of right now, and he's a Sr.

and derrick is playing football this week and tolliver is playing basketball.

theyoefnshow
11-15-2005, 03:20 PM
from what i've heard he's gotten several d1 offers already

HPLJ6L
11-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Take away Evans and Cameron would more than likely be playing bb this week. According to the Houston paper Evans was 6-113 with one td. Tolliver was 4-59 with 1 td. I know one of Evans longer receptions was agains Williams who is about 5'7". Tolliver is more impressive with what he does after making a catch. Evans is a very good player and will do well in college. Tolliver should be very impressive next season. Now he will be impressive in bb. All around athlete and a good kid.

Good luck to the Yeo.

I am not saying Evans is bad. The Tolliver Kid is just more exciting to watch. And I will have to agree with punt, without Evans the football equipment would be in the storage room in Cameron. They will battle it out again in a couple of years on another Saturday Night until then it's Evans 1-Tolliver 0. Unless you count BB games.

aggie
11-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by sicem74
im holdin the trophy im #74

who is that behind you

yoemenkracker30
11-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by aggie
who is that behind you

in the picture from left to right,
#80 Andrew Holt, starting DE
#74 Charles Foster, starting DT
#9 Shadarwin Blaylock, 2nd string OLB,
the little kid in front is a jv player

aggie
11-16-2005, 01:02 PM
i didn't think it was andrew...but i can see it now

Dubya
11-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Take away Evans and Cameron would more than likely be playing bb this week.

What a moronic thing to say. Football is a TEAM sport. That's what makes it so great to watch. Sure, Evans is a great player, but there are 10 other players out there playing with him as a team. I don't see how Cameron would be playing basketball now, if Evans doesn't play. Cameron would not be playing with 10 on the field. You assume too much. There are other playmakers on the team. They would not have beaten Bellville, Giddings, or Hutto without them.

yoemenkracker30
11-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Dubya
What a moronic thing to say. Football is a TEAM sport. That's what makes it so great to watch. Sure, Evans is a great player, but there are 10 other players out there playing with him as a team. I don't see how Cameron would be playing basketball now, if Evans doesn't play. Cameron would not be playing with 10 on the field. You assume too much. There are other playmakers on the team. They would not have beaten Bellville, Giddings, or Hutto without them.

this is true......cameron's d has been playing really well this year, they had a bad first half vs. giddings, but then shut them down for 0 td's the second half, held hutto to 0 offensive td's all game, and held a good bellville offense on some key plays way back when.

HPLJ6L
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Didn't Evans account for 18 points in a 30-21 game? Two or Three interceptions? The team did a good job of keeping him on the field and staying out of his way. He didn't even huddle most of the time. I am not saying he beat Hempstead by himself, he had a little help from the refs. And all I saw was one game not a whole season, but unless there is another Yoeman who could do what he did, the basketballs would be a' bouncin' in Yoe town.

He is not a one-man team, but that one-man makes this team what it is: playoff contender. Without him they may not even make it to the dance. IMO.

punt
11-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Newsflash!! Dubya has breaking news that football is a team sport. Thank you Dubya for filling us morons in. Now, if all players realized that they might get in the huddle and hustle when a play doesn't give them the ball. Evans may have had a lot of offers but we will have to wait a while to see if he can play big time D1 ball. There were scouts at the game Sat but the attention seemed to be focused on Toliver, Van Duren and Tate.

HPLJ6L
11-16-2005, 03:31 PM
That Tate kid was the QB? I thought he quit?

punt
11-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Tate and Gerry Glover were sharing qb duties. Glover quit and enrolled at Sealy. Tate and Van Duren are brothers and part of the sprint relay team. Tate is a jr and Van Duren a Sr. Both have good work ethic and are team players. Both also play bb but football and track is where they excel.

yoemenkracker30
11-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Newsflash!! Dubya has breaking news that football is a team sport. Thank you Dubya for filling us morons in. Now, if all players realized that they might get in the huddle and hustle when a play doesn't give them the ball. Evans may have had a lot of offers but we will have to wait a while to see if he can play big time D1 ball. There were scouts at the game Sat but the attention seemed to be focused on Toliver, Van Duren and Tate.

O M G! what do you not understand about the title NO-HUDDLE OFFENSE? Cameron is a NO-HUDDLE OFFENSE and they do not come back to the middle of the field, huddle as a group to get the play then go back, coach calls the formation and the play from the sideline, they look at their wristbands to see what the play is and they go from there. Freakin MORON! We've been saying it plenty already, we don't huddle, we just get to our spot, chill for a few seconds till Coach Mullins calls the number, then we get ready and go. The only time we really rush to our spots is when we're in a hurry.

punt
11-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Thats a real good plan. Hope it keeps working for you.

theyoefnshow
11-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Thats a real good plan. Hope it keeps working for you.

11-0. I'd say it's done well