PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge and Bridgeport

mustangsince87
11-14-2005, 10:06 AM
predictions???

im goin with the bucks by 7. it should be a good game. hopefully the bucks will get revenge since bridgeport beat them in the opening game. heatly should have good passing yards.

tigerbyheart
11-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I heard this game will be played at Justin Northwest. Is that true, and where is the field?

smustangs
11-14-2005, 05:21 PM
i think the bucks will win this one as well would sure like to see the bucks against the stangs but monohans stands in that path

jakarta101
11-14-2005, 05:22 PM
i hope the bulls take it to breckenridge.......bulls by 14

chs_#75
11-14-2005, 05:25 PM
im gonna take bridgeport on this one too. I say the bulls by 3, a close one..

Bullaholic
11-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by jakarta101
i hope the bulls take it to breckenridge.......bulls by 14

As "Slingblade" would say---"I like the way you talk..." Hope the Bulls can take the Bucks in Round 2. Going to have to have a good effort by both units and few mistakes. If the Bull "D" can show up like last week and the "O" does what it is capable of doing---the Bulls by 14 looks good.

For Tigerbyheart---The Northwest stadium sits right on Hwy 114--on the left just after Texas Motor Speedway if you are coming from the Metroplex, or before the Speedway on your right if you are coming from the other way.

VWG
11-14-2005, 05:42 PM
This is a rematch of the first game for both teams this year.
Heatley is the key for Breck. Sr. QB who has started on varsity since he was a sophomore.
They like to throw the ball deep, but they run the ball very effectively.
The Bulls can score on Breckenridge's defense. If I were the Bulls I would pound Jones as much as I can. The Bucks have some two way starters and could wear down as the game goes on.

westtxfballfan
11-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Are these both district champs or where did they finish in their district? Also, is the playoff site a halfway or did they flip?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Are these both district champs or where did they finish in their district? Also, is the playoff site a halfway or did they flip?

Breck was the district champ out of district 5.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I think the Bulls win this one by 14 or more. Breckenridge is a decent team but they are not state championship caliber. This is just my opinion as I have nothing to support my findings other than I saw Breck play one game in which they did not look impressive.

Bullaholic
11-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan

Breck is the 5-3A champ---Bridgeport is co-champ with Decatur of 7-3A. I think the coaches just tried to pick the first available really nice stadium that was convenient to both teams. Breck will have the longer drive, but I think both teams will like playing in a brand new $20 mil facillity.

GreenMonster
11-14-2005, 06:16 PM
We opened that place up to playoff football last Thursday night. It is a great facility. Iowa Park tried to get it again this week but had been beaten to the punch. It's REALLY nice. Nexturf surface, more than ample seating, Closed Circuit TV's at the concessions so you don't have to miss a play while trying to get your nachos. Place is like a palace, it even has a friggin pro shop to buy Northwest Texans souvenirs (wasn't open), home side has a student section as large as many 3A stadium's entire seating area. This section is closer to the field and are really good seats. If you want a stadium chair instead of bleachers there is a really nice reserved section available but it is a little higher up and a little further from the action. Press box is huge. Can't miss it from 114. The north endzone and field house come right out to the highway. Not sure as to why these teams chose to play here. Stephenville seems more neutral. Northwest is much closer to Bridgeport than Breckenridge. Breck will actually have to pass through or around Bridgeport to reach the stadium. It is possible that these 2 teams flipped for neutral home and home, where each team selects a neutral stadium close to home to play at and whoever wins the toss gets to play at the stadium that they had chosen.

VWG
11-14-2005, 08:26 PM
What time do these teams play? Friday, Saturday, .....

slpybear the bullfan
11-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Gametime.... Saturday, 7:30 PM.

Hwy 114 just a few miles west of I-35W....

Breckenridge will drive through Bridgeport to get to the game. Weird... I guess there probably was a coin flip.

Out to be good. I watched both teams play earlier in the year and if both teams got better... Bridgeport by 14.

sinton66
11-15-2005, 12:02 AM
[i]Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Breckenridge will drive through Bridgeport to get to the game. Weird... I guess there probably was a coin flip. [/B]

Oh Lord. we get yelled at for that, Slpy.:D

slpybear the bullfan
11-15-2005, 12:21 AM
LOL.... yeah, I had almost forgotten about that!