PDA

View Full Version : Monahans Vs Perryton

WTF-82
11-14-2005, 09:14 AM
FORGIVE ME ERROR

WTF-82
11-14-2005, 09:24 AM
This game is in Plainview friday night hope the Loboes prepare well and pull of a big win here.

WitchyWoman
11-14-2005, 09:32 AM
This is for Zeus and all the Lobo fans.... Wow what a game Friday nite. 2 excellent passes to the endzone for TD's. It's been great and Good luck to everyone...

Gotta say go S'water Stangs.... All the way guys!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

justlikesports
11-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Stay focused, practice hard and have some fun! Gool Luck Loboes! And Good Luck to the Lady Loboes at the state volleyball tournament this weekend!

keenoace
11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Monahans will take this one big. There next test wont be until the Semis against Sweetwater. But I will be rooting for Sweetwater though. Just cause the 4-3A. Good Luck Mustangs and Bulldogs.

WTF-82
11-14-2005, 10:25 AM
I disagree I think Perryton brings a threat as would eighther Bridgeport or Brekenridge you cant take any chances in the playoffs for letdown every team raises there level of play especially after these teams taste round 1 wins. Loboes will practice and prepare hard.

GWOOD
11-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by keenoace
Monahans will take this one big. There next test wont be until the Semis against Sweetwater. But I will be rooting for Sweetwater though. Just cause the 4-3A. Good Luck Mustangs and Bulldogs.

Perryton seems to be getting better and better. Had a plethora of seniors last year so it has taken them some time to get it together.

I recall about 7 or 8 years ago when the Loboes struggled early in the season, won the last 2 games of the season to make the playoffs, went to the 4th round, defeating #1 Breckenridge in the process. It seemed like game 7 or 8, Monahans begin putting it all together and got on a roll.

I've seen Monahans play. They have the hosses. But those tough farmer boys up north don't lay down for anyone. They have been winning big lately and lost to an underated and overlooked Canyon team 13-3 in their district.

I figure Monahans will win this one but not big. Monahans 27 - 14.

Ranger05
11-14-2005, 10:46 AM
watch out for those panhandle teams they will come up and suprise u like canyon did in 02 i thought we would roll all over them, and canyon had a real good shot at beating us that game

westtxfballfan
11-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Perryton seems to be getting better and better. Had a plethora of seniors last year so it has taken them some time to get it together.

I recall about 7 or 8 years ago when the Loboes struggled early in the season, won the last 2 games of the season to make the playoffs, went to the 4th round, defeating #1 Breckenridge in the process. It seemed like game 7 or 8, Monahans begin putting it all together and got on a roll.

I've seen Monahans play. They have the hosses. But those tough farmer boys up north don't lay down for anyone. They have been winning big lately and lost to an underated and overlooked Canyon team 13-3 in their district.

I figure Monahans will win this one but not big. Monahans 27 - 14.

I'm glad you pointed out that Monahans-Breckenridge game. That is a reminder that you can't look past anyone in the playoffs.

1998 Quarters in Lubbock
#1 Breckenridge (12-0) (24 point favorites)
Monahans (6-6)

29-0 Monahans.

GWOOD
11-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
watch out for those panhandle teams they will come up and suprise u like canyon did in 02 i thought we would roll all over them, and canyon had a real good shot at beating us that game

I remember that game well. Everyone from Greenwood was thinking about Kennedale (though Ballinger won in a big upset that weekend and we ended up playing Ballinger instead) and Sweetwater in the two weeks ahead. I don't think anyone considered Canyon a threat.

I looked up the score, we won 17-12.

SnyderMom
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM
I was VErY impressed with Monohans...they should take this one easily and I hope they go far!!

Ranger05
11-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I remember that game well. Everyone from Greenwood was thinking about Kennedale (though Ballinger won in a big upset that weekend and we ended up playing Ballinger instead) and Sweetwater in the two weeks ahead. I don't think anyone considered Canyon a threat.

I looked up the score, we won 17-12. honestly now that i think about it do u remember that big full back that they had that every time he touched the ball he got atleast 5 yards. i think if they would have given him 30 carries that game and wore us down we would have gotten beat that game

GWOOD
11-14-2005, 12:17 PM
*****Warning - Thread Piracy*******

Please walk around Ranger 05 and I as we relive a great moment in Greenwood football

Originally posted by Ranger05
honestly now that i think about it do u remember that big full back that they had that every time he touched the ball he got atleast 5 yards. i think if they would have given him 30 carries that game and wore us down we would have gotten beat that game

I do not remember that fullback. Sounds like I should have. What I remember the most about that game is being frustrated that our high-powered offense could not seem to score that day.

football4life
11-14-2005, 12:33 PM
I was a ball boy for that game, and it was quite a game. I dont remember who was favored and all, just that we had a great chance to win, and g-wood had a crazy-good qb and rushing attack. i also remember us dropping a pass in the endzone late in the game, then missing a field goal, i think. Great game though.

football4life
11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
I do not remember that fullback. Sounds like I should have. What I remember the most about that game is being frustrated that our high-powered offense could not seem to score that day. [/B]

Yes we did have a huge fullback that year and the next, and he was a serious load.

jace
11-14-2005, 07:51 PM
should be a very good and i think it i will be low scoring

Ranger05
11-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by football4life
Yes we did have a huge fullback that year and the next, and he was a serious load. i remember that guy if yall would have just ran him more yall would have beat us i remember going into that game thinkin we had it easy, especially when we ran the opening kickoff back i though wow this is gonna be a route then the next thing i know im on the sidelines with all my teamates extremely nervous.

Wtx_coach
11-14-2005, 10:32 PM
the loboes should win if all goes right, a tuff breck and bridge team in the way, the loboes have the eye of the tiger , and evryone else is in graves danger

Da Mules
11-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Perryton had a tough time with injuries the last couple of years, and seems to finally have it's full lineup back together. They are fairly big and strong, but a little lacking in speed... course they had more than enough for outgunned Muleshoe last week, before anybody jumps all over that comment.

I haven't seen the Loboes play, and all I really know about em I read on this forum. Must have a pretty good defense to contain the Tiggers last week, and of course a pounding running game. Them RogueRed Rangers have a pretty big line, some good linebackers, and "might" match up OK against the Lobo run.

If Monahans D can shut down the Ranger run, they will win hands down. If the Lobos don't have a tough-as-nails Defense, look for a close game, and with a few breaks, Rangers could even come away with the upset.

Lobos 21, Rangers 14

garciap77
11-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Monahans by 14! Out played a good Synder team.

westtxfballfan
11-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Loboes 35, Rangers 14.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Good luck Loboes
If Sweetwater and Monahans play, it'll be like 4a in the 1980s all over again, aww memories...

zeus63
11-15-2005, 02:49 PM
You were born in '84 and are talking about memories? Careful Gramps don't trip over your air hose. Just kidding. Those were great years for most all football programs in west texas.

westtxfballfan
11-15-2005, 03:08 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Good luck Loboes
If Sweetwater and Monahans play, it'll be like 4a in the 1980s all over again, aww memories... [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by zeus63
You were born in '84 and are talking about memories? Careful Gramps don't trip over your air hose. Just kidding. Those were great years for most all football programs in west texas.

Very good teams back then. Think it's tough getting in the playoffs now? How's this for a tough district:

4-4A in '86
Sweetwater
Snyder
Monahans
Big Spring
Andrews
Lake View
Lamesa
Fort Stockton
Pecos

Only 2 playoff spots for a 9 team district. The defending state champs (Sweetwater) and a 1st year 5A dropdown (Big Spring) included in the district.

donjuan
11-15-2005, 03:38 PM
The defense has been lights out and the offense has been too. The Loboes are big and physical as well because of a new offseason program put in last year in November. Those powerlifting coaches do a good job keeping those kids injury free and making them stronger. Graves is running wild the last few games. The Roberson kid is a good one too and I think he is just a junior. The Loboes have a real big line. Ought to be a real good game and real physical.

WitchyWoman
11-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach
the loboes should win if all goes right, a tuff breck and bridge team in the way, the loboes have the eye of the tiger , and evryone else is in graves danger

Hey I know this off the subject line, but what did everyone in Imperial Texas think about the Movie "We were Soldiers" The part of "Where ya from Son?" Joe the reporter, "Imperial Texas sir." Colonel, "Now that's the first thing thats made sense all day"
This is a True story ya know... Does anyone talk about Joe in Imperial today????? Just curious.

THE BEAR
11-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Good Luck Loboes. Play like Always and we will see you again next week. 'ALL IN"

Da Mules
11-16-2005, 09:46 AM
article from today's Amarillo Globe.

My Two Cents: Which team has the best chance for an upset this week in the high school football playoffs?

Opinion

Lance Lahnert

History tells us second-round upsets in the Texas high school playoffs are like having a bald eagle land on your back porch for a rest.
Rare, indeed.

Actually, the first game in the playoffs is the toughest upset to avoid because both teams are new to the situation. Teams with ugly 3-7 records and lots of seniors play loosy-goosey with nothing to lose, while heavily favored schools seem to play tight.

Our area teams face some serious challenges this week:

In 5A, Amarillo High (10-1) meets the only team it lost to this year in Midland High (35-6 on Sept. 23).

In 3A, revenge-minded Canyon (10-1) plays the defending state champs in Abilene Wylie (9-2), the same team eliminating Canyon from the playoffs last year.

In 1A, defending state runner-up Stratford (10-1) plays unbeaten Nazareth (10-0) in a playoff rematch from a year ago.
Get the picture? Upsets will be on the minds of several talented teams but few will take place this weekend.

I say count on a school underrated, underpublicized, tougher than the claws of an eagle on defense, and respected as a school never afraid to face a challenge.

Those under-the-radar Perryton Rangers (7-3) will knock off unbeaten Monahans (11-0) in a 3A Division II area-round game Friday in Plainview.

- Lance Lahnert

chugbug
11-16-2005, 09:46 AM
Lobos win this one big. Monahans is for real. All you doubters out there thought they were a fluke. You will see now. Go Lobos.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

WTF-82
11-16-2005, 04:20 PM
I agree Perryton will come to play nothing to lose but so will Monahans they will practice play hard these loboes are soldiers
they will not bow down just because they got a big win last week.
You better be great and greatly coached to beat these Loboes.

EVERY GAME LOBOES HAVE ROSE SHOCKED EVERYONE EXPECT THE SAME THESE KIDS ARE INCREDIBLE GREAT TEAM CHEMISTRY.
THESE IS EXACTLY WHAT THE LOBO PROGRAM IS ABOUT THIS LOBO TEAM.

MONAHANS 35
PERRYTON 17

WTF-82
11-16-2005, 04:21 PM
DEMEMBER FOOTBALL ON THE WALLS OF THE LOBO FIELDHOUSE.
THIS IS WHAT THE PROGRAM PLAYS FOR.

Wtx_coach
11-16-2005, 11:49 PM
gotta play the game , i think the loboes will come out of this one with a win, nothing big thou, everyone from here on out will not be blowouts, perryton has good size, but the loboes r quick

sww-bull52
11-17-2005, 12:05 AM
gotta play the game , i think the loboes will come out of this one with a win, nothing big thou, everyone from here on out will not be blowouts, perryton has good size, but the loboes r quick

Hey Coach I have a nephew that played 6-man ball there a few years back. Tommy Collins. Did you know him?

Tweeder215
11-17-2005, 12:06 AM
DEMEMBER FOOTBALL?!?!?! What do they rip peoples limbs off and kick em around or what...haha kidding but i do see the loboes taking this game as I said before by 14+

WTF-82
11-17-2005, 09:06 AM
YEP been to the Sweetwater fieldhouse and seen the sign. It is a good one.

zeus63
11-17-2005, 02:43 PM

While I agree Perryton is a fairly decent team, I have to disagree with you about size. I have seen Perryton play and the biggest kid on their team is like 250lbs. They will not even be close to matching up against the Loboes size wise. However, the Loboes do need to stay focused if they are going to continue in the playoff, because while Perryton is no Snyder, they are in the playoffs for a reason.

WTF-82
11-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Anybody have the most current rushing stats for Graves and Roberson for the year.

WTF-82
11-17-2005, 03:39 PM
both Monahans RB's

zeus63
11-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Not exact but Graves is in the 1300-1400 range and Roberson is in the 950-1000 range. I'll try to get an exact ASAP.

zeus63
11-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Sorry it took so long.

Roberson- 968yds

Graves-1438yds

BMOC
11-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Good Luck to the Loboes, Hope they go a long way.