PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Sinton?

neck_06
11-14-2005, 09:03 AM
i know that i prolly missed all the talk already ( my computer @ the house was broke :(), so can someone please fill me in!!!

i thought:

Sinton's Defense was REALLY good...........Hondo 35 points!
Sinton was gonna win Region 4.............Hondo 35........Sinton 20
This was Sinton's best team in a long time....Hondo 35....Sinton 20

WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
i know that i prolly missed all the talk already ( my computer @ the house was broke :(), so can someone please fill me in!!!

i thought:

Playoffs-where any team can bring you misery on a night your just not at your best. Simple as that.

AggieJohn
11-14-2005, 09:58 AM
basically, it was the only upset in the coastal bend i thought...

flour bluff rolled easily though...they are going to be a force in 4A

3afan
11-14-2005, 09:58 AM
yep - Sinton would probably win 9 out of 10 times (maybe 8), Friday was just Hondo's night

pirate4state
11-14-2005, 10:00 AM

i thought:

WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Well I don't know which posters were saying ALL that, but I never did. :( Our defense had been REALLY good all year, but they had their worst game at the wrong time, it happens.

I wish you luck against Wimberely this week. I hope no one has to ask you the same questions you asked about Sinton come Saturday.

89JDAWG
11-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I was hoping for a sinton Jasper game since I always hear so much about sinton.

89JDAWG
11-14-2005, 10:36 AM
I know sinton DI jasper DII but I would like the match up maybe we will get to see cuero.

3ABirdMan
11-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG

After Friday night, you guys may be free to schedule that!:eek:

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 11:39 AM
i completely forgot about the "bonecrusher defense". they were supposed to have the best defense in the state according to some people...lmao

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG

Sinton is D1 and your bulldogs are D2.:confused: Course hopefully after Jasper plays BC on Friday ya'll will have something in common:D :D

IHStangFan
11-14-2005, 02:18 PM
this was NOT Sinton's best team in a long time just for the record....yet...this still suprised me very much.

As far as Flour Bluff....theyre on a roll....wonder if and when they will be stopped.

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
this was NOT Sinton's best team in a long time just for the record....yet...this still suprised me very much.

As far as Flour Bluff....theyre on a roll....wonder if and when they will be stopped.

thats what alot of people were sayin about sinton this year too

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 02:41 PM

yeah your right thats what alot of people were sayin about sinton this year

3afan
11-14-2005, 02:42 PM

thats what everyone said last year about G-P

well, not everyone :D

OnceABucJr
11-14-2005, 03:39 PM
I agree with IHStangFan, this year's Sinton team was no where near their best team in a long time. Just my opinion, but a lack of balance on offense (as in little to no running game - they didn't seem to even try it very often) was their biggest problem. If the passing game is not on for whatever reason, what do you do then???? Like I said, just my opinion.

IHStangFan
11-14-2005, 04:17 PM
3aFan...

I didnt say that about GP last year for the record!! LOL i think this FB team is better than last years GP team.

Onceabuc....

i agree w/ you....w/ the loss of Franco last year....Sinton's running game became a non-factor compared to years past.

piratebg
11-14-2005, 09:07 PM

i thought:

Sinton was over rated this year. Depending on who you ask will depend how much over rated they were. The Defense was definitely their strongest point all year long, but they started to stumble the last couple of weeks, especially in the secondary. Aransas Pass and Ingleside exposed this weakness. Hondo's balanced offense kept the Defense busy all night. The offense relied primarily on the passing game.....actually completely. The running game never really got off its feet. Our leading rusher was our quaterback. Hondo's coaching staff did their homework and kept Sinton's offense in check which kept Sinton's Defense on the field all night. Basically that is what happened. They were good, but I think the 6th place ranking was a little too nice. Regardless, they still had a great regular season.

chaingang
11-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Sinton is D1 and your bulldogs are D2.:confused: Course hopefully after Jasper plays BC on Friday ya'll will have something in common:D :D

Dont bet on it.:D

sinfan75
11-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Sinton has made at least the Regional finals every year since 2000. Some years are better than others. they were 9-1 this year. Nothin to be ashamed of.

footballgal
11-14-2005, 10:33 PM
I am not trying to offend anyone, but is it possible, just that Hondo was better than them this year?

But, I guess time will only tell, and we'll find out whether Hondo is for real.

Boosty_Hondo
11-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Sinton has made at least the Regional finals every year since 2000. Some years are better than others. they were 9-1 this year. Nothin to be ashamed of.
Yes sinton did have a very good season this year and i congrat them on that

sinfan75
11-14-2005, 10:35 PM
On that night Hondo was the better team.