PDA

View Full Version : Cuero gets little love...

maroogreen
11-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Has anyone noticed that Cuero doesn't seem to get the respect that their record deserves? Yes, I know I'm a biased Gobbler fan and I'm NOT trying to start anything. I'm really serious.

Lurking on other forums, I read time after time that Cuero is overrated, over-ranked, etc. The coaches forum seems especially harsh. I agree that the Gobblers don't always play at the level they should, but I'm not sure what has happened to create this kind of turkey bashing. Anyone agree that the Gobblers shouldn't be considered the #1 team? Anyone believe Cuero is overrated and over-ranked? Can anyone explain the bashing by other coaches? Any perceptions of Cuero out there that the "faithful" are oblivious to? Any thoughts?

piratebg
11-13-2005, 11:58 PM
I am pretty sure that a lot of people feel that their school gets no love. I have noticed this to be one of those reoccuring themes on this board. Where is the love, man?

NateDawg39
11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
who cares if you get respect. You win and lose all the same. If you get a ring on your hand by March, then ill say good job. But we shouldnt have to give all the respect in the world all the time.

maroogreen
11-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
who cares if you get respect. You win and lose all the same. If you get a ring on your hand by March, then ill say good job. But we shouldnt have to give all the respect in the world all the time.

Dude, I think you're missing the point.

gobblerfan02
11-14-2005, 12:10 AM
who cares if you get respect. You win and lose all the same. If you get a ring on your hand by March, then ill say good job. But we shouldnt have to give all the respect in the world all the time. Then why do all the 4-3A posters bash us when we ask why we don't give all our respect to that district "all the time?"

NateDawg39
11-14-2005, 12:13 AM
What I dont think you get is the fact people on here have INCREDIBLY large egos and think they are the best yadda yadda yadda, and that it doesnt matter if you get respect. Like I said, if you have the ring, then youll be respected. Not one team has proven anything yet.. Well, no one left in the playoffs anyways. If you come asking where the respect is, then youll be bashed more and more. Just let your team play or you yourself play hard till the end of the season.

gobblerfan02
11-14-2005, 12:16 AM
What I dont think you get is the fact people on here have INCREDIBLY large egos and think they are the best yadda yadda yadda, and that it doesnt matter if you get respect. Like I said, if you have the ring, then youll be respected. Not one team has proven anything yet.. Well, no one left in the playoffs anyways. If you come asking where the respect is, then youll be bashed more and more. Just let your team play or you yourself play hard till the end of the season.

100 % agreeing with you here! I couldn't have said it any better myself.:p

maroogreen
11-14-2005, 12:36 AM

I don't care what people think about us. They can believe we're the worst team in the world. I want to know why they think it. And I'm not necessarily talking about the posters on this forum. The original post was in reference to threads/posts happening on two different coaches' forums. I'm simply curious if there is something going on that I don't know about.

NateDawg39
11-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by maroogreen
I don't care what people think about us. They can believe we're the worst team in the world. I want to know why they think it. And I'm not necessarily talking about the posters on this forum. The original post was in reference to threads/posts happening on two different coaches' forums. I'm simply curious if there is something going on that I don't know about. UGGGHHHH!!!! EGO CHECK!!! EGO CHECK!!!! lol im sorry but you need to realize the following: People trash the winners and forget the losers...thats life.

piratebg
11-14-2005, 12:42 AM
There are just too many HATERS in this wolrd.

WORM
11-14-2005, 01:00 AM
maroogreen let me shed some light on the subject! cuero is always ranked very high but sadly enough they choke somewhere down the line! when i say choke that is out of respect for your players talent level! i feel year after year your team has some of the best talent in 3a hell 5a for that matter, but somewhere along the line your team doesn't show up! i watched it last year in the state championship game in waco! no way wylie should have won that game, but once again cuero didn't seal the deal! so i guess to shed some light people understand your level of play but it's the same old song and dance with you guys!if you guys need to be stroked i think you have a good team and i wish you luck and hope you guys can win it all.

44INAROW
11-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by WORM
maroogreen let me shed some light on the subject! cuero is always ranked very high but sadly enough they choke somewhere down the line! when i say choke that is out of respect for your players talent level! i feel year after year your team has some of the best talent in 3a hell 5a for that matter, but somewhere along the line your team doesn't show up! i watched it last year in the state championship game in waco! no way wylie should have won that game, but once again cuero didn't seal the deal! so i guess to shed some light people understand your level of play but it's the same old song and dance with you guys! i wish you luck and hope you guys can win it all.

I'll take Cuero's song and dance over 99% of the teams in Texas anyday! Sure was glad we showed up and stayed for the game in Seguin last year

GO MEAN GREEN

maroogreen
11-14-2005, 01:06 AM
WORM,

Don't need to be stroked at all. :D Your post is exactly what I was interested in hearing.

SintonFan
11-14-2005, 01:15 AM
What I dont think you get is the fact people on here have INCREDIBLY large egos and think they are the best yadda yadda yadda, and that it doesnt matter if you get respect.
Nate your "INCREDIBLY large ego" argument doesn't fly here. For the most part, the downlow is made up of normal, humble folks. Read ALL the threads and you'll see what I'm talking about. Folks tend to not be bigger than themselves here. Isn't that why you post here that much?:) :p
Hey 44INAROW? After that post you quoted how about we create a new catagory of poster? hmmmmm...
i'm thinking Wimbo Bimbo.:D
Does that sound cool?:D ;)

WORM
11-14-2005, 01:16 AM
you guys won last year. congrats, but you left that game understanding what code red means!

44INAROW
11-14-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Does that sound cool?:D ;)

Sounds good.. :D :D I have been searching for the thread that has Wimberley spelled Kimberley...... I think it was a Brazoria County newspaper..... :devil: :devil:

44INAROW
11-14-2005, 01:21 AM
you guys won last year. congrats, but you left that game understanding what code red means!

I don't play, but I do know numerous players said Wimberley was by far the toughest team we played.. that's been said on here many times. Much respect for the TEAM. I don't think that was ever an issue....

SintonFan
11-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Sounds good.. :D :D I have been searching for the thread that has Wimberley spelled Kimberley...... I think it was a Brazoria County newspaper..... :devil: :devil:
Sweet!!!!!!!
Kimberley:D
stupid fool doesn't even realize there is no way the teams can play this year...:doh:

hornfan
11-14-2005, 01:22 AM
ok i have about had it with this code red crap get over yourself

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 01:24 AM

do u have nothing better to do but bring up stuff that is old....look at it this way...this year your team can win it all and our team can win it all....atleast if yall get beat it wont be by cuero AGAIN...:D but i did play on last years team and wimberley was by far the best team we played....they had great talent...just like 44 stated

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 01:25 AM
and for the cuero gets no love thing who really cares...if you are a member of the cuero community than u know the love that is all around cuero during football season...so who cares what other people in the state think..we know what the gobblers are capable of

chs_#75
11-14-2005, 01:26 AM
my team never got teh respect we deserved.... we were 2-8.... yea we coulda won state but they didnt let us in teh playoffs.... lol... jk... about winning state that is... but not about the 2-8...

chuk

Compete/punish
11-14-2005, 01:27 AM
"but you left that game understanding what code red means!"
Yes I did actually, I picked one up at the corner store after the game, man its got a different taste to it doesn't it? I think its funny that you're criticizing a team about losing in the STATE GAME, that you and your team was watching from the stands. JMO

gold_33
11-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Cuero does deserve some respect. To go throughout the season with the #1 bullseye are your chest and handle each team week after week and not hit a bump in the road is impressive. We saw what yall were capable of last year and it sounds like yall are better this year so that could mean trouble the rest of the teams in the playoffs. Just continue winning and respect will givin when yall are holding up that D2 championship and hopefully Wimberley will have the D1 championship too.

NateDawg39
11-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Nate your "INCREDIBLY large ego" argument doesn't fly here. For the most part, the downlow is made up of normal, humble folks. Read ALL the threads and you'll see what I'm talking about. Folks tend to not be bigger than themselves here. Isn't that why you post here that much?:) :p
Hey 44INAROW? After that post you quoted how about we create a new catagory of poster? hmmmmm...
Does that sound cool?:D ;) good point!:clap:

KTJ
11-14-2005, 04:30 AM
I would hardly call being ranked #1/#2 the entire year a "lack of respect."

3afan
11-14-2005, 06:40 AM
IMO ... Cuero has a large and respected presence here, and ever since the Middle Schoolers were brought under control ;) the Cuero posters have been great, not alot of smack, not alot of unbelievably biased opinions like we get from one school supporters in particular ..... i dont think the average Cureo fan needs "stroked" at all

Old Green
11-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Like they say .You have to earn respect, not ask for it. For as long as I can remember there are teams and coaches that like and dislike Cuero.

As for as those coaches boards and coaches comments, it's because they lost their jobs or about to lose their jobs because of losses to the Gobblers.:devil: :devil: :devil:

rockdale80
11-14-2005, 08:02 AM
All I have to say about this thread is get over it. Who cares about what everyone else thinks? Who cares why they think it? If you have respect and pride in your team then why does it matter what everyone else thinks?

And by the way this is not a knock on Cuero. It is just my opinion about everyone that whines about the lack of respect they get.

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
if u read my posts u will see i feel the same way...im not one of those people that think we need all the spotlight and stuff....all cuero has to do is win and people will either shut up or respect them

chugbug
11-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Stop pi@#$%g and moaning. The Cuero football team does not need anyone to pat them on the back. They should motivate themselves by their accomplishments. Go Gobblers win state. Leave all of the pi@#$%g and moaning to some of your fans who think they get no recognisition and deserve none.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Gobbla2001
11-14-2005, 01:23 PM
I really didn't see any 'pissing and moaning' in maroogreen's post, maybe that's just me though...

I honestly believe it was an honest question asked in hopes of receiving an honest answer...

I'm thinking Cuero's 3-7 record in the State Championship game is one reason along with Cuero's location... not too many people take Region 4 seriously...

Gobbla2001
11-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I really didn't see any 'pissing and moaning' in maroogreen's post, maybe that's just me though...

I honestly believe it was an honest question asked in hopes of receiving an honest answer...

I'm thinking Cuero's 3-7 record in the State Championship game is one reason along with Cuero's location... not too many people take Region 4 seriously...

And I know Cuero is ranked #1, I am also relating to comments on coach's boards etc...

NateDawg39
11-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Who is Cuero? Is that in Mexico?:D

HM33
11-14-2005, 01:27 PM
This is off topic but neways....Gobbla2001, what are u going to do with you sig for the next 3 to 4 years? you running out of room to put years on there :P

Gobbla2001
11-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by HM33
This is off topic but neways....Gobbla2001, what are u going to do with you sig for the next 3 to 4 years? you running out of room to put years on there :P

I was thinking about that... the way the youth football league kids are looking it may be 7 or so more years...

Nah, but I hope I have to change it, I'll figure something out...

HM33
11-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Well if you look at it. we have a rythem going. one odd year, then 3 consecutive years, one odd, 3 consecutive, one odd, and the the start of the 3 consecutive :P lol

Gobbla2001
11-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by HM33
Well if you look at it. we have a rythem going. one odd year, then 3 consecutive years, one odd, 3 consecutive, one odd, and the the start of the 3 consecutive :P lol

Well, yah, kinda sorta...

If you look at it the following way, it doesn't look good...

4 showings in the 70s, 3 in the 80's, 2 in the 90's and 1 in the 00's (so far)...

If that patter continues, we will not go to state in again this decade and will have 0 next decade...

That would suck...

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 01:41 PM
lol nah there is no way that will happen...its crazy how much talent cuero has coming up for the next 5 years...cuero will be a force to reckon with for a while..:D

RoTex4Life
11-14-2005, 01:42 PM
i dont see cuero losing a district game for alteast 5 more years...lol

HM33
11-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Well, yah, kinda sorta...

If you look at it the following way, it doesn't look good...

4 showings in the 70s, 3 in the 80's, 2 in the 90's and 1 in the 00's (so far)...

If that patter continues, we will not go to state in again this decade and will have 0 next decade...

That would suck...
LoL, lets not look at it that away. :) and I'm with RoTex. The talent level at Cuero right now is Unbelievable .

raider red 2000
11-14-2005, 02:03 PM
what caoching board has people talkin smack about cuero.

i want to join them.

:)

WORM
11-14-2005, 02:09 PM
i think cuero meets gilmer in the state finals. who wins i don't know. good luck to both.

HM33
11-14-2005, 02:12 PM
i think cuero meets gilmer in the state finals. who wins i don't know. good luck to both.
that is if both teams make it that far.... no one knows :)