PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale

Johnny Utah
11-13-2005, 10:38 PM
How will the Tigers do in basketball, baseball and track???

Johnny Utah
11-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Back to the top!!!

Johnny Utah
11-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Come on Rockdale boys!!! Give us some feedback!!!

rockdale80
11-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Come on Rockdale boys!!! Give us some feedback!!!

I would fill you in, but I don't know just yet. Will try and find out when I talk to my brother and let you know. How has life been treating you?

Dogman_1969
11-14-2005, 08:42 AM
The Tiger Basketball team should be improved this year. Two years ago we got a new coach and he basically started out with no team in place. The previous coach had left the program in shambles. I think that all but 6 varsity players had quit the season before and about 4 or 5 of those were seniors.

Two years ago if my memory is correct we only won a game or 2 and lost every district game. Last year playing several Freshman and soph's they won several preseason games and several district games including a game over Smithville who went to the playoffs. This year we have several guys with extensive playing time back and should contend for a playoff spot. I think Cameron will be the team to beat followed by Smithville.

Track is another story. After years of dominating team track meets year in year out we really had a fall off in the last couple. Last year at our own Relays I think we scored less points than I ever remember. Just my own observation, we were missing someone who was a leader on the track. Example: We scratched our 4x100 relay because one of the legs had a muscle strain. In years past SOMEONE would have killed to run a leg on the relay. Now granted we were no match for the relay teams there but it sure showed a lack of pride in my opinion.

Now there were some bright spots. KWhite showed that he will a contender in the sprints. There are several younger guys coming up (ran JV track last year) and there are several Freshman this year that will help in track and field.

Johnny Utah
11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Great to hear. Rockdale80 I am always doing well!!! Soaking it all up!!!! Good luck to the Tigers!!!