PDA

View Full Version : Div I Reg II getting really tight

garageoffice
11-13-2005, 04:37 PM
This one looks too close to call by my reckoning. The four teams that are left in Reg II look pretty closely matched from what I can tell. It should make for some great football the next couple of weeks!

In each of the other regions, there are one or two teams that look like they are in pretty good shape compared to the rest of the field.

What do you think? Who wins Reg II?

Kennedale
Kaufman
Liberty-Eylau
Carthage

3afan
11-13-2005, 05:03 PM
I'll go with L-E

lostaussie
11-13-2005, 05:20 PM
i personally think l/e takes this. with that dang district they are in, they are much battle tested. size and speed. i think kennedale has the best chance to knock them out.

LE FAN
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the support guys. We have a very hard game this week. Playing Carthage in Marshall. I hate that stadium! I mean its a very nice facility but it seems like the Leopards lose when they go there..LOL

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i personally think l/e takes this. with that dang district they are in, they are much battle tested. size and speed. i think kennedale has the best chance to knock them out. i second this entire post. exactly what i was thinkin when i looked at who the teams were.

VWG
11-13-2005, 09:34 PM
A buddy of mine said that he has seen Kennedale up close and they've got a stud running game. Norris is the kid that makes Kennedale tick and he is fast. They dominated Royse City in their first game.

gobbler grad
11-13-2005, 09:35 PM
i'm going with Kennedale...:clap:

TexasFtblexpert
11-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Gotta go with LE. The quickness they have on defense is almost unmatchable at the 3A level. I would put the skill positions up against any team in the state. The Rb's Micheal Reed and Lamicheal James are very good. Reed seems to run hard with break away speed and James will make anyone miss hands down.Kicking game is very good (playoff games tend to come down to this). I say LE beats Cathage and then takes out Kennedale.

garageoffice
11-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by VWG
A buddy of mine said that he has seen Kennedale up close and they've got a stud running game. Norris is the kid that makes Kennedale tick and he is fast. They dominated Royse City in their first game.

Norris is really good and Canter, the fullback, is really strong. As with most running games, Kennedale's fortune in the playoffs will be dependent upon the play of their O-line. They sure are fun to watch when they get rolling!

PHS Wildcats
11-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Don't forget about Dallas Madison!

mwynn05
11-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Don't forget about Dallas Madison! They're D2

garageoffice
11-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Don't forget about Dallas Madison!

Madison is DII, but they got a pretty lucky draw. They don't have to face anybody of consequence till their probable matchup against Tatum in the Regional finals. I like them for that game, though, and think the anticipated quarterfinal game against Gilmer (probably) should be a really good game if they can keep playing as well as they finished the regular season.

gobblerfan02
11-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by TexasFtblexpert
Gotta go with LE. The quickness they have on defense is almost unmatchable at the 3A level.

How much would you like to wager on that 'expert?'

garageoffice
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by TexasFtblexpert
Gotta go with LE. The quickness they have on defense is almost unmatchable at the 3A level. I would put the skill positions up against any team in the state. The Rb's Micheal Reed and Lamicheal James are very good. Reed seems to run hard with break away speed and James will make anyone miss hands down.Kicking game is very good (playoff games tend to come down to this). I say LE beats Cathage and then takes out Kennedale.

Don't know much about the details of LE, but looking at their results this year they sure seem to be an enigma...inconsistency? Looks like they should have run the table in district but lost to a team that didn't seem to even be in the same league. What's the story?

bleedgreen
11-14-2005, 06:24 AM
Nobody seems to talk about Kaufman. I know very little about this team except they are big and physical. I don't know if there are any posters from Kaufman. Can we expect a close game this Friday against Kennedale?

3afan
11-14-2005, 06:53 AM
my thoughts exactly ... Kaufman has been "flying under the radar" as they say .....

hey, they have only lost once (yes, they are in one of Texas' weakest 5A districts) and made it to round 2 - I would certainly expect a close game! Especially considering Kaufam beat Kennedale 14-10 back in September !!!!!

August 27 Brownsboro L 21-26 <--- only loss
September 2 at Athens W 17-7
September 9 Fort Worth Diamond Hill-Jarvis W 24-7
September 16 at Kennedale W 14-10
September 30 at Mabank W 34-27
October 14 at Kemp* W 40-0
October 21 Crandall* W 24-23
October 28 at Wills Point* W 26-14
November 4 Eustace* W 49-7
November 11 Commerce W 28-19

garageoffice
11-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I agree...it will certainly be a close, hard fought game on Friday. Kennedale sure isn't looking past Kaufman. Earlier this year when the teams met, Kennedale's offensive game plan stunk (IMO). In the late 4th quarter the Wildcats still should have won it. They had two passes dropped that should have gone for TDs, but that's why we play the games, right?

If you want to see a good game on Friday, this is one that should be considered.

LE FAN
11-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by garageoffice
Don't know much about the details of LE, but looking at their results this year they sure seem to be an enigma...inconsistency? Looks like they should have run the table in district but lost to a team that didn't seem to even be in the same league. What's the story? There is a story behind that loss trust me. BUt on the other hand New Boston is proabably the most improved team in east Tx got a new skipper this year. Watch out for them next season. If we get by Carthage this week, i look for the next game to be very very hard. Kaufman-Kennendale are two of the best teams in the region. Just have to wait and see but i am not over looking either one of these teams....