PDA

View Full Version : Cuero won the Super Bowl...

Gobbla2001
11-13-2005, 01:57 PM
The Pee-Wee kids won the Super Bowl in Cuero this weekend over a Victoria team...

Senior kids lost to Calhoun in their Super Bowl game...

Atleast we won one...

I know it's just a youth football league, but maybe Calhoun, a 24-4A doormat, has some things to look forward to...

Astrosdawg07
11-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The Pee-Wee kids won the Super Bowl in Cuero this weekend over a Victoria team...

Atleast we won one...

I know it's just a youth football league, but maybe Calhoun, a 24-4A doormat, has some things to look forward to...

Congrats too all the kids a great season.

44INAROW
11-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Atleast we won one...

Those kids from Calhoun were huge compared to our guys.. It was a fun atmosphere - even had some of the Jr High Band perform at halftime :D and of course Mr and Mrs Spencer were there and he got to use the drum after some discussion with the officials...... :D :D :D

crabman
11-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Pretty entertaining stuff. We watched the Senior Game. 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. I think they need to go to an age bracket instead of grade. The kids from Calhoun were clearly all sixth graders that may have repeated a grade. At least 6 guys over 6 feet and 180 lbs. They were double what we were in a lot of cases. Every other team in they CYFL goes with a weight limit. Calhoun chooses not to.
Cuero only gave up one touchdown in their previous 9 games. They gave up 40 to Calhoun. Pretty dominating performance.

Oh well, congrats to Calhoun.

3afan
11-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by crabman
.... were clearly all sixth graders that may have repeated a grade. ....

geez - even in peewee

Diocletian
11-13-2005, 08:47 PM
wondering if just grow these speed demons from the ground or something?

can't possibly be human...anything out of cuero is usually moving 10 times faster than normality

someone get MIB on the phone plz

gobbler grad
11-13-2005, 09:33 PM
this was hilarious, i mean there were more pads than kids...these kids were tiny, but you got to start sometime...they run the same plays you see on Friday nights and sometimes it's done better...it's take alot of patience to coach these kids and I give the coaches alot of credit...this was first time to see them and I can't wait till next year...if you haven't seen this, you really need to make an effort...it's where it all starts...:clap:

congrats to all of the teams and coaches...:clap: :clap: :clap:

maroogreen
11-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Those peewee players were absolutely adorable! Made me want to take them all home and put them on a shelf. :)

The coaches did a great jobs with the kids. The Victoria team that the PeeWees beat was unbeaten until the SuperBowl.

Go Mean Green!