PDA

View Full Version : Area Round Playoffs Hutto vs Marlin

dutchman
11-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Saturday November 19 Round Rock Dragon Stadium 7 pm

Hutto fought a battle to the end with the Cameron Yoemen for the District championship, but came out on the short end. After a hard fought contest with Altair Rice Consolidated, which the Hippos won 20-16 taking over in the last minutes of the 4th quarter the Hippos bring their running game to Round Rock Dragon stadium to take on the Bulldogs of Marlin. Hutto seems to average about 40 carries a game; they can throw, but seem to keep the ball on the ground. The quarterback junior Jeremy Kerley, senior fullback Garrett Beshears, and senior tailback Jerrick Gauthier all sharing the duties of carrying the rock and they are big up front so the Bulldogs will have to find the ball carrier quickly and ensure they wrap up the runner. Hutto is big on the line but their backs seem to be small but quick. Hutto comes into the contest with a record of 9-2 with their only losses being to Liberty Hill 49-40 and the Cameron Yoe 17-13. Hutto has a big tight end that the dawgs will also have to keep an eye on.

Marlin with eight consecutive undefeated outright district championships comes out of another hard fought battle with rival China Spring. The two teams have met up in the playoffs four times over the past six years; Marlin leads the series 3-1. Marlin and Hutto have not met that I have been able to find, so this will be a first as the two teams seek to advance to the Regional game. Marlin running game is improving as sophomore tailback Travis Miller is finding his groove and shares tailback duties with seniors Kevin Diles and Jazz Thomas. Senior quarterback Jeremy Sanders is back and healthy with his receiving corps of seniors Benny Jones, Kenny Evans, Denario Alexander, and junior Dominique Jones. Marlin comes into the contest with a record of 9-1 having the game with Waco Connally canceled due to Hurricane Katrina. Their only loss coming at the hands of the Bellville Brahmas 38-35. Marlin has beefed up their offensive and defensive lines this year and this game will be won in the trenches. Marlin has to score when they have the ball and needs at least two stops on the Hippos to try to force them to throw the ball.

gobbler grad
11-13-2005, 09:49 AM
I saw Hutto play yesterday and Rice should have won that game...turnovers killed them...Hutto runs alot , but also likes to find that 245 lb. receiver out in the flat that was usually wide open...not sure how you could lose someone that big , just bad coverage , I guess...never seen Marlin , but i'm taking Marlin...good luck to both teams...

ILS1
11-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Hutto had 4 turnovers as well. I think they had a letdown or hangover from last weeks tough loss to Cameron. They should bounce back with a better showing against Marlin. Hutto QB Jeremy Kerley hurt is ankle AGAIN in the 1st Qtr!!! He toughed it out and played hurt. I'm glad the Hippos had enough to win. Good luck everyone and stay injury free!!

:D

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Depending on the when & where of our game, I just might make it to this one. :)

CheerMom
11-13-2005, 10:47 AM
I wish this game was a little closer. I would love to go and watch.
I have to go with Marlin in this one.

RBARKER
11-13-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm going with Hutto on this one, soley because they are being overlooked and seem to have a strong team this year. Plus the Hippo for a mascot is awesome!!!!

hutex04
11-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I was more worried about Rice than iam with Marlin. I did not see the Hutto/Rice game. But i see in the paper hutto had 5 fumbles and 3 of them they lost. Now if they play like that next week they will get beat. But i like hutto in this one.

fbmom
11-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I have to go with Hutto on this one as well.

If we can execute, we can win this one.

RMAC
11-13-2005, 01:37 PM
I've never seen Hutto play, but I saw Marlin play a half a few months back here in Graham and it was a fight for both teams. The game was a tie by the way, for anybody who cares. Marlin is fast and has good size. Even with Hutto's big line I think the DE's of Marlin will be able to find a way inside or outside and get to the ball carier. They might give up those same passes to the TE in the flats but he'll go down in about 1.23154644 seconds due to Marlin's ability to swarm to the ball.

Old Tiger
11-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Go D-19!!!

BIG DADDY JR.
11-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Does anybody know wat kind of field round rock has

yoemenkracker30
11-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by BIG DADDY JR.
Does anybody know wat kind of field round rock has

it's basically the same setup as waco isd if you've ever been there. the field is astroplay and the bleachers are tall. there is usually a breeze there so you might want to bundle up depending on the weather

formermbcouns
11-13-2005, 06:07 PM
I've seen Hutto play and I believe they will have a difficult time with Marlin's offense...Marlin by a couple of TD's.

hutex04
11-13-2005, 07:02 PM
hutto 28
marlin 17
defense wins championships.

RMAC
11-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
hutto 28
marlin 17
defense wins championships.

We said that all year when I was in 7th grade at Wylie. Never gave up more than 14 in a game, not even at state. Problem was we only scored 10 in that last game. Offense plays a little bit of a role in the game too. Gatesville had, oh, what's his name. . . oh yeah, Torian Henderson. Isn't he that back at Texas Tech w/ like 60-something touchdowns for his college career. Marlin is fast. Too fast in my opinion. I have not seen Hutto play but I still think Marlin takes this one.