PDA

View Full Version : Hey KTJ!

PhiI C
11-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Are folks in Austin worried about the Aggies since the game will be in College Station and they almost beat Oklahoma today in Norman?

KTJ
11-13-2005, 12:56 AM
LOL!

You're kidding, right?

No, no one is worried about this game. No one. I mean, for being our "rival" the series sure is one-sided....72-34-5 with UT winning the last 5 in a row.

So once again, no.

TexasFtblexpert
11-13-2005, 01:05 AM
I am a Texas fan, but for anyone to say that they are not worried about A&M is ridiculous. If I can recall Florida State snapped a 6 game skid against Miami earlier this year as the Longhorns did the same against the Sooners snapping a 5 game skid. Lets hope A&M does not continue the trend!

eagles_victory
11-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by TexasFtblexpert
I am a Texas fan, but for anyone to say that they are not worried about A&M is ridiculous. If I can recall Florida State snapped a 6 game skid against Miami earlier this year as the Longhorns did the same against the Sooners snapping a 5 game skid. Lets hope A&M does not continue the trend!
Don't worry about it won't happen.

KTJ
11-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TexasFtblexpert

It's not ridiculous.

It just shows that I've seen this football team and I know what it can do. That's fine that you're worried, but everyone doesn't have to be. And the majority of the fans that I know aren't worried at all.

AggieJohn
11-13-2005, 01:31 PM
i'm hoping that they send reggie out the way they brought him in, killing a teams national title hopes!!

sinton66
11-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately for Reggie, the best shot A&M has of doing that is if they put Steven McGee in.

Astrosdawg07
11-13-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm a UT fan and know that in rivalry games throw the records out the window, so yes I'm nervous. But I do think Vince and Co. will pull it out.

Astrosdawg07
11-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i'm hoping that they send reggie out the way they brought him in, killing a teams national title hopes!!

Whats the status on McNeil?

PhiI C
11-13-2005, 07:32 PM
We still have to be cautious and careful and stay focused. I will do research and post why later.

Bulldog_12
11-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Whats the status on McNeil?

Its being reported that it is a sprained ankle. He will probably be back for the game, but with the way the offense played with McGee in, I might want him instead.

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 07:37 PM
im not worried i think texas will go into cs w/ the right mindset and win

Ranger05
11-13-2005, 08:53 PM
from what i saw when i was in austin um they arent worried at all, they are feeling pretty confident out there

TexasFtblexpert
11-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Strange things tend to happen in Rivalry games...

KTJ
11-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Nothing strange has happened the last 5 years. And the last "upset" in this series was probably 1999, and before that somewhere in the 80's.

Seriously, there really isn't a reason to be worried. If people are worried going into this game then it shows you have no confidence in this team. UT is at an elite level that A&M can't touch even on their best day. The season has proven that with both teams.

I will say this--the team is focused on one game at a time. Just look at Ohio State and Oklahoma this year. They haven't looked ahead, they have 3 goals in mind, which one of them was accomplished this past weekend, so they know what to do. The leadership on this squad is unbelievable. Vince will have his troops ready to go. Notice I said Vince. That's because Mack Brown has said that this is Vince's team. He (Mack) just makes sure they are on time to wherever they need to be. :D

TexasFtblexpert
11-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I have all the faith in the world about the Longhorns. I am being realistic. Your right...on A&M's best day they could not play with the Horns. I am just stating, anything can happen in a rivalry game.

Bulldog_12
11-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Nothing strange has happened the last 5 years. And the last "upset" in this series was probably 1999, and before that somewhere in the 80's.

Seriously, there really isn't a reason to be worried. If people are worried going into this game then it shows you have no confidence in this team. UT is at an elite level that A&M can't touch even on their best day. The season has proven that with both teams.

I will say this--the team is focused on one game at a time. Just look at Ohio State and Oklahoma this year. They haven't looked ahead, they have 3 goals in mind, which one of them was accomplished this past weekend, so they know what to do. The leadership on this squad is unbelievable. Vince will have his troops ready to go. Notice I said Vince. That's because Mack Brown has said that this is Vince's team. He (Mack) just makes sure they are on time to wherever they need to be. :D

I agree that UT is lightyears ahead of A&M this year, but I feel that if they come in with the mindset they had at OSU, I dont think they will come back. You never know what you are going to get with A&M, they show flashes of brilliance at times, but also show flashes of crap as well.

Hupernikomen
11-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Its being reported that it is a sprained ankle. He will probably be back for the game, but with the way the offense played with McGee in, I might want him instead.

I missed when McGee was in there except on the radio for the one drive they made to pull within one touchdown, but didn't he go 0-6 passing? Surely you don't think McGee can outrush Reggie if both are healthy.

Bulldog_12
11-13-2005, 10:15 PM
He did it saturday. So yeah I do believe it. McGee has some SERIOUS moves. He made OU defenders look silly a couple of times. He was second in rushing for the game while only playing a quarter and a half. And as for the passes, three were thrown away to avoid sacks, his first pass was high, and his final pass hit Carter in the hands but was dropped. So really he is going to be very good with the way he looked against OU. The team looked a million times better once reggie left the game, and all year there have been rumblings that maybe members of the team didnt like the way he was treated which may mean something else, but I would like to think that surely they wouldnt throw away a season because of that. But oddly enough the line blocked a lot better. But that is only speculation