PDA

View Full Version : NEW High School Softball Website

18handicap
11-12-2005, 09:56 PM
I've started a new website to help us high school coaches and fans in our great state. It is in its infancy, but I do have a forum and want to use this as a resource for our coaches and fans. I still have a lot of work to do, but it's a start! There may be a few bugs in the website and forum, but when people start going to it, I can figure those out and fix them.

www.texasprepsoftball.net (http://www.texasprepsoftball.net)

Thanks,
Coach Hicks
LaGrange HS

Etexpirate
11-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Ahhh... there IS a heaven on earth!:D

On my way to check it out!!!:clap:

Etexpirate
11-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok.. it looks pretty good.. But it would help if I could get some of the buttons to work? How do you enter the forums?
I'm not blond...but am feeling like it right now..lol

PhiI C
11-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Good web site Coach and thank you for your efforts. The season will be starting before we know it.

18handicap
11-13-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm getting the buttons to work as we speak. It's taking me a little while to get everything on the site, such as links, and typing the names of the schools on the standings pages. I've completed the 5A-3A pages, and will finish the 2A and 1A pages today after church and after I cut grass at the softball field. Be patient, I'm working as fast as I can.

Old Cardinal
11-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks for taking the time to set this up.

Remember the big classic HS TX/LA tournament in Beaumont starts Feb. 18

Jay Tope
11-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Congratulations! And thanks for helping spread the word about softball throughout the state of Texas.

A few things to remember...

1. Have patience on those days when it seems like no one cares what you are doing. Get through those times, and things will turn out great in the long run.

2. As frustrated as you might get with coaches and others who don't give you timely information, have patience with them, too...

3. Above all, have fun with it!

Back in 2001 when I started SAsports.com, I remember those same feelings..... but patience and hard work will pay off. If you have any questions or would like any advice, send me an e-mail. And best of luck!

Best wishes,

Jay Tope
Senior Editor, SAsports.com
jaytope@sasports.com

18handicap
11-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Thanks Jay!! I do read your website, especially during softball season. That's where I got most of my information when I just kept up with AAA softball. The asst. coach at Bryan, Enrique Luna, does an awesome job with the AAAA and AAAAA for me. I have an e-mail list of over 400 high school coaches and I get e-mails from them everyday with open dates and news and I thought the website and forum would be another good way to get the news out faster. With the e-mail list, everyone depends on when I get a chance to forward the emails, now, everyone can post right away.

BTEXDAD
11-14-2005, 09:46 AM
good luck on your website, Coach. I will definitely spend some time on it. Let me know if I can help in anyway (doubtful though, since I'm not that computer literate).
Hope La Grange has good year and wins all their games except those against Bellville.

pirate4state
11-14-2005, 10:03 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love it!!! :clap: Love the "count down" clock. :D I'm so looking forward to this season. :)

3afan
11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
here's a couple of links for you ::

www.taso.org
www.dmsua.com

18handicap
11-16-2005, 06:17 AM
Thanks Btex!! Hope we don't have to play each other. Your new coach is a good friend of mine. Her parents live right around the corner from where I lived in Columbia Lakes and I worked with her aunt in Sweeny. But, your old coach and I were friends too.

softball_mom
11-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey 18.......I still can not open the links. I can see the clock and the count down clock(my daughter loved that) But thats it. Help?

18handicap
11-17-2005, 06:33 AM
I'll see what I can find out today and get back with you.

Check out the Thanksgiving graphics I added last night!

3afan
11-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Coach Hicks - check your cmaaccess.com email !!!

Old Cardinal
11-17-2005, 06:31 PM
I looked over Region III and we have a number of college bound Pitchers for the future. How does the Pitching situation in
Region IV stack up?

18handicap
11-17-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm sure there are several good ones out there in all regions. That might be a good topic to start on our board too.

18handicap
11-18-2005, 11:07 PM
If you're having trouble getting the boxes to appear, you might have problems reading Java script (not you, but your computer). I found a neat little webpage to see if yours is functioning and how to fix it.

http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/java_help.html#activation

18handicap
11-19-2005, 10:08 AM
I have fixed a problem some of you might be having. I have a couple of visitors say they couldn't get the navigation boxes to pop up on the main page. Really I think the problem lies with the java settings on the individual computer's browser settings, but in order to give everyone a chance to view our work, I have added a link right above the boxes to a non-java home page. I spent about an hour this morning copying the pages with boxes to pages without boxes and they are all linked to each other. So I think everyone should be able to see the pages. When it's time to start updating standings, I may have to add links instead of copying all of the time (double the work), but for now it should be just fine.

I hope this helps everyone out! Enjoy!

I'm now headed to the state volleyball tournament!