PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater-Littlefield

Papa Mustang
11-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Sweetwater will play Littlefield in Midland's Grande Communications Field Friday at 7PM.

sww-bull52
11-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Reliable source????

TheDOCTORdre
11-12-2005, 06:33 PM
hoorah, I can make this one whos all gonna go

Pmoney
11-12-2005, 07:11 PM
im wouldnt go if i was from sweetwater bc sw will blow out littlefield

DukeNukem
11-12-2005, 07:25 PM
isn't that what most of the snyder folks thought as well. maybe not blowout but a definite win. any team can win on their night in the playoffs.

sweetwater07
11-12-2005, 07:33 PM
this sweetwater fan won't miss any game definate win or not....i am going to every playoff game!!!.............STATEBOUND STANGS!!!...............

mulefan
11-12-2005, 08:11 PM
hey i just heard the game is in lubbock,also that sweetwater lost 9 starters because of grades for this next game thats why they played on thursday. any truth??

Papa Mustang
11-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Sweetwater lost 0 players to grades and as far as I know we have no new injuries. We play in Midland Friday night according to our Assistant Superindendant who also has a son that plays. I'm asking everyone to please stop the rumers about failures. It is not true.

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Papa Mustang
I'm asking everyone to please stop the rumers about failures. It is not true.

Good luck.

Pmoney
11-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mulefan
hey i just heard the game is in lubbock,also that sweetwater lost 9 starters because of grades for this next game thats why they played on thursday. any truth??
i heard **** was one of the starters lost

wildstangs
11-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i heard **** was one of the starters lost

You heard wrong...Go air up the basketballs. :)

johnfx24
11-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Ouch!!!!!
i heard that:eek: :eek: :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
11-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Ouch...come on now, that's a little harsh, isn't it?

Stang_Fan713
11-13-2005, 01:32 AM
Ok, maybe that was a lil harsh, and he shouldn't kick ya when ur down. However, for going on 2 weeks all we have heard is how we have several kids failing; and to be totally honest it is getting old. Whether we have any kids failing out or not it should be of no concern to Snyder, seeing as how there is no way that we will be playing yall this year. Seeing as how NONE of the ones asking know for certain, they should keep what they hear to themselves!!! Rumors are just that, until the truth comes out...and I guess come Friday night u will know for sure if it is truth or rumor; but until then drop it!!

mulefan
11-13-2005, 02:13 AM
listen up Stang_Fan713 i asked about what i heard not said thats what it was. this was the first time i heard about it i really could give a flip about sweetwater or snyder i just wanted to clear up what the littlefield fans are saying!

smustangs
11-13-2005, 02:47 AM
hey mulefan....need to borrow snyders pumps? actually we are used to being the target of unnecesary(sp) roughness! thats what happens when you are the real deal.

wildstangs
11-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Yeah it was a little harsh...sorry, everyone is just getting tired of the failing accusations after they have been repeatedly told that no one failed.

GWOOD
11-13-2005, 10:11 AM
listen up Stang_Fan713 i asked about what i heard not said thats what it was. this was the first time i heard about it i really could give a flip about sweetwater or snyder i just wanted to clear up what the littlefield fans are saying!

Mulefan, there was nothing personal there for sure. You just walked into a hornet's nest and unintentionally stirred things up.

All of last week we kept hearing this conspiracy theory from some of the Snyder posters about how Sweetwater changed the game time and tricked Greenwood into playing on Thursday evening because they had a bunch of kids failing and would be ineligible on Friday at 3:30 p.m. Even though several of us from Sweetwater and Greenwood said we have talked to coaches and it is not true and tried to explain why, one Snyder poster in particular just could not let it go.

So, you asked a legitimate question based on what you heard but one that was hashed out over and over again on another thread last week. I think Sweetwater fans are just tired of hearing it.

sweetwater07
11-13-2005, 10:56 AM
i go to school in sweetwater and i have asked almost every football player and no we are not failing...no one is!!

mulefan
11-13-2005, 02:17 PM
well im glad thats not true. the rivalry between sweetwater-snyder is more hostile than the muleshoe-littlefield rivalry but a rivalry nevertheless. i would like someone from our area to go but its hard to when your used to going against them every year. the littlefield kids think they are going all the the way. good luck stangs!

football4life
11-13-2005, 02:31 PM
well im glad thats not true. the rivalry between sweetwater-snyder is more hostile than the muleshoe-littlefield rivalry but a rivalry nevertheless. i would like someone from our area to go but its hard to when your used to going against them every year. the littlefield kids think they are going all the the way. good luck stangs!

It might seem logical to go for a team representing your district, i would think.:rolleyes: Just because you guys didn't take care of business against them and now you're at home doesnt mean you should take anything away from them. They have a quality team.

sweetwater07
11-13-2005, 02:34 PM
i'm gonna go out on the limb and say that we beat up on littlefield.....but i will knock on wood and not talk too soon......

mulefan
11-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by football4life
It might seem logical to go for a team representing your district, i would think.:rolleyes: Just because you guys didn't take care of business against them and now you're at home doesnt mean you should take anything away from them. They have a quality team.

has nothing to do with logic, stupidity on your part to think that because they beat us im going for stangs. things are not always as they seem. ive personally disliked littlefield since i was in grade school. you are right normally you'd want your district to win but i was expressing my opinion!

sWaterislife
11-13-2005, 06:26 PM
We definitely understand mulefan.... When snyder lost i was really surprised and really wanting that 3-3A sweep.. Because of a certain poster on a certain board... But there's certainly no pity for snyder.. lol.. It's their fault we wont be playing them later.. and like last year when we lost and gilmer smeared them.. It was a real relief to let them take the beating..lol... SO i understand your dislike for little field and your hope that they'll be packing up the footballs this week..

i understand why we were mad last week... about this rumor business.. But believe me I would rather littlefield think there getting just the bull and not the horns ... if you know what i mean...

mulefan
11-13-2005, 06:55 PM
10-4 sWaterislife. good luck to all, hope no more injuries and when its all said and done hope region 1 goes all the way!

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
hey guess what....i was just saying what i heard i didnt say it was true and i hate to tell you this sweetwater wont win state....this should stir somethin up

wildstangs
11-13-2005, 07:15 PM
hey guess what....i was just saying what i heard i didnt say it was true and i hate to tell you this sweetwater wont win state....this should stir somethin up

Maybe they will...maybe they wont...but they have already advanced farther than Snyder.

Bubba-Joe
11-13-2005, 07:19 PM
hey guess what....i was just saying what i heard i didnt say it was true and i hate to tell you this sweetwater wont win state....this should stir somethin up Guess what little peepee
you may be right
but it is for certain that the SWEETWATER MUSTANGS have a better chance at winning STATE than the over rated smilin tigger

so if you were meaning to stir something up
head over to that box of gym in snyder on Austin Ave and stir up a 3on3 game of roundball

you and your boys are like well cooked steak - DONE

like a native of Finland- FINISHED

Like a Bridge on a river - OVER

you got the message yet
Bubba is back you can eat crow or have it forced upon you
BOTTOM LINE
DON'T START NOTHIN - WON'T BE NOTHIN
kind a like your chances to win 2nd round playoff game this year

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Guess what little peepee
you may be right
but it is for certain that the SWEETWATER MUSTANGS have a better chance at winning STATE than the over rated smilin tigger

so if you were meaning to stir something up
head over to that box of gym in snyder on Austin Ave and stir up a 3on3 game of roundball

you and your boys are like well cooked steak - DONE

like a native of Finland- FINISHED

Like a Bridge on a river - OVER

you got the message yet
Bubba is back you can eat crow or have it forced upon you
BOTTOM LINE
DON'T START NOTHIN - WON'T BE NOTHIN
kind a like your chances to win 2nd round playoff game this year
i dont care what you say bubba....your just a kid that never played football in hs and still thinks he knows everything about it

ps if this is wrong mods...you can delete it

donjuan
11-13-2005, 07:34 PM
It is not "Snyders fault" that they lost. They just got beat by a better team in Monahans. Ask the 9 or 10 thousand people who were at the game. Both teams had a couple of turnovers. One of Monahans' turnovers was inside the 15 yard line of Snyder with an interception in the end zone. Monahans came away from that drive with 0 points. According to the paper, Snyder was only penalized 2 times in the game. Monahans was penalized 8 times in the game according to the paper. Look at the total yards offense for each team and how many yards each defense gave up. Nothing about this game was a fluke. The better team won. Monahans was ranked #11 in the state coming into this game and is still undefeated.

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by donjuan
It is not "Snyders fault" that they lost. They just got beat by a better team in Monahans. Ask the 9 or 10 thousand people who were at the game. Both teams had a couple of turnovers. One of Monahans' turnovers was inside the 15 yard line of Snyder with an interception in the end zone. Monahans came away from that drive with 0 points. According to the paper, Snyder was only penalized 2 times in the game. Monahans was penalized 8 times in the game according to the paper. Look at the total yards offense for each team and how many yards each defense gave up. Nothing about this game was a fluke. The better team won. Monahans was ranked #11 in the state coming into this game and is still undefeated.
that is true.....snyder also gave up a costly td on a kickoff return

Bubba-Joe
11-13-2005, 07:43 PM
PP
you are so wrong
you gonna talk trash after that loss
you just look stupid
Truth is not all snyder folks are stupid
got me some friends from way back in Sparkle City
but fact of matter is in your case that old saying is true
DUMB DON'T HEAL
you are living proof
get to the gym or band hall
maybe you are one of those DRAMA kids over in tigger land
but if you gonna rehash the MONAHANS WIN
be ready to have crow served multiple times your stupid self
MODS know me for most part
aint stirrin this up
have held off
even giving my old rival Black Magic some time off
but you talk too much - will let the younger MUSTANGS have you for a while
04 Wildstang and others can deal with you
Take your crow and go to the kids table

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 07:47 PM
PP
you are so wrong
you gonna talk trash after that loss
you just look stupid
Truth is not all snyder folks are stupid
got me some friends from way back in Sparkle City
but fact of matter is in your case that old saying is true
DUMB DON'T HEAL
you are living proof
get to the gym or band hall
maybe you are one of those DRAMA kids over in tigger land
but if you gonna rehash the MONAHANS WIN
be ready to have crow served multiple times your stupid self
MODS know me for most part
aint stirrin this up
have held off
even giving my old rival Black Magic some time off
but you talk too much - will let the younger MUSTANGS have you for a while
04 Wildstang and others can deal with you
Take your crow and go to the kids table
ya we lost its not the end of the world....im not gonna eat crow when we were playing a good team in the playoffs anything can happen on a friday night during the playoffs and it didnt go our way......and for your information im not in the band or a drama kid but i am a proud tiger football player

Bubba-Joe
11-13-2005, 07:52 PM
i say snyder wins this one 35-14...Snyder has too much experience for the lobos could handle

and so it begins
your memory very good?

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 07:55 PM
and so it begins
your memory very good?
like i said anything can happen on a friday night in the playoffs and it didnt go our way....we made some costly turnovers and mistakes

mustang04
11-13-2005, 07:58 PM
ya we lost its not the end of the world....im not gonna eat crow when we were playing a good team in the playoffs anything can happen on a friday night during the playoffs and it didnt go our way......and for your information im not in the band or a drama kid but i am a proud tiger football player

hey pmoney...i have some salt and pepper for the crow u should be eating by now...and u are WAY OFF about bubba, he could be kicked in the head by a mule and still make more reasonable remarks about football than you ....oh make sure u air the basketballs to correct psi...it'll help them to last througout the season, especially when yall are starting the season alot earlier than everyone else

mustang04
11-13-2005, 07:59 PM
like i said anything can happen on a friday night in the playoffs and it didnt go our way....we made some costly turnovers and mistakes just like yalls fluke win over wylie i believe!!

Bubba-Joe
11-13-2005, 07:59 PM
thats true thats why the tigers win this one they have experience in the playoffs and they know what they have to do to win

another slice for you P-money
O4 Pass the tater salad please
this meal might last all night long

mustang04
11-13-2005, 08:01 PM

haha..that all we eating...thats ok, pmoney can KEEP thye CROW!:D

Bubba-Joe
11-13-2005, 08:04 PM
i agree Snyder by 21+

I guess you meant to say snyder would only score 21

but that wouldn't be enough when Monahans scores
uh

speakin of enough

P-money you full yet????
lots of crow left

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
just like yalls fluke win over wylie i believe!!
"fluke"....we beat wylie thats more than you can say

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2005, 08:07 PM
I guess you meant to say snyder would only score 21

but that wouldn't be enough when Monahans scores
uh

speakin of enough

P-money you full yet????
lots of crow left
Bubba Joe, I hope you cooked a whole mess of crow.....lots of folks will be needing some. Is that what the huntin' trip was for this weekend? ;)

mustang04
11-13-2005, 08:07 PM

P-money you full yet????
lots of crow left
nah he shouldnt be full yet...that is if his belly is proportional to his big head

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 08:09 PM
bubba like i said i was wrong and i did underestimate monahans...both teams came out to play we just made mistakes and i dont know why you care so much about snyder losing i guess cause thats the only excitement you can get in sweetwater

Ranger Mom
11-13-2005, 08:09 PM
nah he shouldnt be full yet...that is if his belly is proportional to his big head

:clap: :clap: :clap:

*Disclaimer:

Sorry if that was "unmoderator like"...but it struck me as funny!!

mustang04
11-13-2005, 08:10 PM
"fluke"....we beat wylie thats more than you can say

i dont have to say anything wylie is dribble a great team, and is dribble still in the playoffs like dribble sweetwater...more than u can say....by the way, where the hell is all that dribbling comming from, oh wait, forgot, snyder's startin basketball tomorrow

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 08:11 PM
guys im gonna end this with i guess i can eat crow bc like i said i underestimated monahans but we will see yall next year and it is gonna be fun

mustang04
11-13-2005, 08:15 PM
guys im gonna end this with i guess i can eat crow bc like i said i underestimated monahans but we will see yall next year and it is gonna be fun

there ya go!!!! see was that so hard??? we've all had to eat a lil crow sometimes, but looks like it was yalls turn THIS TIME!!!! good season

Ranger Mom
11-13-2005, 08:15 PM

I have to admit that the game Friday night was one of the best I have seen this season. It could have gone either way. Both teams matched up really well and kept me on my toes all night!

Bubba-Joe
11-13-2005, 08:16 PM

Bells clang
whistles sing
WE HAVE A WINNER
FIRST sNYDER POSTER TO START TALKIN ABOUT

NEXT YEAR IS P-MONEY

AND TO THINK FOLKS IT ONLY TOOK
WHAT 2 DAYS

OMG

Bubba-Joe
11-13-2005, 08:17 PM
OKAY P-MONEY

we can let you up from the table now

you are excused

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 08:17 PM
it was a great game and i take back that comment about sweetwater wont win state cause sw is a good team and has a good chance....good luck to yall

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2005, 08:18 PM
it was a great game and i take back that comment about sweetwater wont win state cause sw is a good team and has a good chance....good luck to yall

:clap: You were a good sport. :)

Bubba-Joe
11-13-2005, 08:19 PM
See that wasn't so hard

just for that Bubba will say something nice about the tiggers

hope you boys have a nice weekend

come on out to Midland this Friday night and watch the Mustangs and Wildcats at Grande

7:30pm
should be a good game

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 08:19 PM
o ya something else bubba you are a great opponent at arguing

mustang04
11-13-2005, 08:21 PM
o ya something else bubba you are a great opponent at arguing hey now!!!!!:mad:bubba...he don't know me like u do

Pmoney
11-13-2005, 08:22 PM
hey now!!!!!:mad:
you too 04:D :clap:

sweetwater07
11-13-2005, 09:01 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!

sweetwater07
11-13-2005, 09:07 PM
i would be lieing if i said that i didn't think snyder would walk away friday night with the win....i was wrong...but yes snyder good luck in basketball.......pmoney you are the only snyder poster i have seen since friday afternoon......hmmm??....well either way GO STANGS!!!!

sWaterislife
11-13-2005, 10:56 PM
The truth is i dont think we'll win state... I think we'll get out of our region .... But Quarterfinals and semifinals and State will be the dessert ... We're a good team nobody can take that from us... We're suppose to get through the region.. Anything less will be a big asterisks in my mind of an underachieving team...

Do i think we have the team to get to state.. YES I DO!!! But it will take 2 halves of football.. we cant play like we played against Clyde and Wylie... This team with solid 2 halves of football will win state.. But I dont think we've proven it yet...

jmcgee
11-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Hows it goin guys

jmcgee
11-13-2005, 11:19 PM
I guess I missed all the crow yall served tonight. But I bring back good news from Abilene. The 2005 mighty mite Mustangs Football team Are the Big Country youth football league. SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
I guess I missed all the crow yall served tonight.

I think Bubba Joe's serving double helpings tomorrow. Sorry, though......I think he & mustang04 ate all the tater salad. ;)

jmcgee
11-13-2005, 11:38 PM
I was hoping for leftovers

DaHop72
11-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i would be lieing if i said that i didn't think snyder would walk away friday night with the win....i was wrong...but yes snyder good luck in basketball.......pmoney you are the only snyder poster i have seen since friday afternoon......hmmm??....well either way GO STANGS!!!!
Alright 07, clean those glasses, even though I know you don't wear any and look at the Friday night threads. If was late when ole Hop got back but I sure made a point of congratuating the Lobos for the great game they played. Guess I may have to make another trip back to Grande this weekend.:D

SpreadtheRed
11-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Snyder pulled an excellent choke. Good job guys. Monahans isn't that good of a team. Weak non-district, Weak district.

jmcgee
11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
Snyder pulled an excellent choke. Good job guys. Monahans isn't that good of a team. Weak non-district, Weak district. Alright now we don't want to pull a Snyder.

DaHop72
11-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
Snyder pulled an excellent choke. Good job guys. Monahans isn't that good of a team. Weak non-district, Weak district.
You know I read all that same stuff on here last week. But if you haven't seen Monohans play you are making a very rash statement. They have a very talented team with a good mix of run and pass. They had two young men go down with what appeared to be knee injuries which could be a blow, with #41 especially. So, once again if you haven't seen them play don't get caught up in the weak non-district, weak district game.