PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill Vs. Kirbyville Rd #2

RBARKER
11-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Ok now the dust has cleared It's time to starting looking ahead to next week. Lets see your votes and hear why you think so. First a little history. BH played K-ville last year in round two and K-ville came out victorious, I think the score last year was 21-7. Last year Bridge City beat Kirbyville then BH beat BC. I was thinking last year that the Eagles would run over K-ville and would continue on. NOT!!!! BH has alot mor offfensive weapons this year and I think should win.(Oh no dejevu) My early prediction on the outcome of this game is...........

BH 35
Kirbyville 21

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 06:42 PM
I think this game comes down to two things.

#1 whether Kirbyville can mix in some passes to make room for their talented runners.

#2 Barbers Hill has to hold onto the football.

I think Barbers Hill has the advantage here but I don't think it will be a pushover by any means.

WO-S 89
11-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Kirbyville pulls off a mild upset. 20-14

BH96
11-12-2005, 07:38 PM
BH should win this one. It will be alot tougher than HJ. The key will be turnovers.

Mr.EagleToYou
11-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Eagles weakness = defense. K-ville strength = offense.

BH just doesnt have the dominating MLB as in years past. No John Sproat or Jared Dolan or Louis Duncan.

If this years offense could be paired with last years D, we would go all the way. It speaks volumes about our average defense when you see that both Pattons and Mason go both ways.

The question is can our D contain fast K-ville and can our offense beat all of the blitz packages we will see.

TexasBaller32
11-12-2005, 08:43 PM
If K-Ville play like they did today. They will beat BH by two touchdowns.

spiveyrat
11-12-2005, 09:08 PM
BH BIG in this one!

etbu
11-12-2005, 09:15 PM
BH with two of us out please do us good and WIN""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""":D :clap:

wildkat0507
11-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by TexasBaller32
If K-Ville play like they did today. They will beat BH by two touchdowns.

yeah true to that!! kville played awesome today and i hope that when we play bh that we do the same and better and faster!!! kville by 3 tds.....i love both teams on this one but im gonna have to go with my team-kville.......

DaHill'05
11-12-2005, 10:08 PM
I went to the Kirbyville/Crockett game today and Kirbyville was by far the better team. I do not understand how Crockett ended up winning their district. They were not impressive at all. Their offensive line was the worst I have seen all year. BH will be seeking revenge.

Jody
11-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Mr.EagleToYou

BH just doesnt have the dominating MLB as in years past. No John Sproat or Jared Dolan or Louis Duncan.

If this years offense could be paired with last years D, we would go all the way. It speaks volumes about our average defense when you see that both Pattons and Mason go both ways.

The question is can our D contain fast K-ville and can our offense beat all of the blitz packages we will see.

You have been going to the Barbers Hill games right?

DaHill'05
11-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Jody
You have been going to the Barbers Hill games right?

That's what I said, Jody, when I read his post. Don't know where this guy has been.

wildkat0507
11-12-2005, 10:27 PM
lol thats funny..... but so DaHill'05 where did you sit at?? jw

Jody
11-12-2005, 10:46 PM
I am going with BH by at least 20. I don't think BH will be foolish enough to allow the blitz to end two seasons in a row.....Hopefully.

BH offense is just too deep and their defense is STINGY.

eagle.eyes
11-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Please blitz this year!

wildkat0507
11-12-2005, 11:19 PM
I am going with BH by at least 20. I don't think BH will be foolish enough to allow the blitz to end two seasons in a row.....Hopefully.

lol STINGY lol

pantherpop
11-12-2005, 11:34 PM
This is going to be a big test for Barbers Hill. The Eagles are alot better team than they were last year and I haven't seen Kirbyville play this season but I've got to go with Barbers Hill by a touchdown. I think the winner of this game will represent region 3.

RBARKER
11-13-2005, 12:11 AM
I would love to be more confident about this game , but this is ROUND #2!!!!! I have seen time and time again BH blow out an opponent in round 1 then show up in round 2 like we didn't know we were going to have to play. K-ville out coached us last year sending countless Blitz packages at us. BH would not respond with a screen to stop the pain. Last time we have seen round 3 is in 99'. This year we have a new play caller that can get us to the next level, I will be suprised if he doesn't do well for us against K-ville. Eagles there will be no more weak teams from this point on play your game and hold on to the ball and we can go far.

Has anyone heard a potential playoff site for this one? Last year it was played at Sa Houston , but I beleive K-ville won the flip and choose that location.

eagle.eyes
11-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Conroe, Sat. @ 2 pm

wildkat0507
11-13-2005, 12:24 AM
from wat i heard it was at conroe on sat @ 2:00 ...yes another DAY freakin game!!!so hott!! i love the lighted games!!! ugh.but go cats!!

Jody
11-13-2005, 08:34 AM
I sure hope this is wrong.......I can't miss two play-off games in one season.

Big C
11-13-2005, 08:58 AM

You focus on being a fan and let the team do what they've done all year. The coaches put the players on defense in the positions they felt would work best and so far I don't see any reason for you to complain.

RBARKER
11-13-2005, 12:05 PM
I sure hope this is wrong.......I can't miss two play-off games in one season.

Jody your killing me son. Get your prioritys straight!!!!:D

RBARKER
11-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
from wat i heard it was at conroe on sat @ 2:00 ...yes another DAY freakin game!!!so hott!! i love the lighted games!!! ugh.but go cats!!

Agreed!!!! I hate Saturday day games its just not the same..... Oh well I guess I can go to Waco Friday and watch Robinson/Cameron Yoe...

wildkat0507
11-13-2005, 02:14 PM
for some reason, the fri night games just gets kville pumped up more.....i have talked to some BH football players and some say that they have rituals.... well just dont get your hopes up guys ok......ill still love yall after the game..lol

RBARKER
11-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
for some reason, the fri night games just gets kville pumped up more.....i have talked to some BH football players and some say that they have rituals.... well just dont get your hopes up guys ok......ill still love yall after the game..lol

I don't think BH will be overlooking the wildcats this year. Yall embarrased our Offense last year and I think the Coaches remember that. The BH Offense this year is more dynamic and mixes it up, unlike last year where it seemed like we ran the same 4 plays over and over. If Kirbyville can establish their running game against BH it will be a good game, but if K-ville has to go to the air for yardage then they will be hurting. BH's secondary is doing great at picking off the pass.

Mr.EagleToYou
11-13-2005, 02:42 PM

We are weak when teams run right at us. This D may be stingy but it is not even close to defenses over the last five years.

That said, if we can hold Kirbyville to 21 or less, we win. Our offense is so superior to previous years, that you cant key on anyone. I know Pat will be pressured a lot more for the rest of the playoffs, so get ready. OL needs to keep up the steady line play.

Coaches, PLEASE play smash mouth in the red zone. Dont risk the deep snap in those situations. Dont risk getting blitz and sacked through the wider gaps in the spread. Our line can dominate most other 3A DLines so just line up and get after it! Put Cox or Cam at FB and Bryan or Todd at TB and run the power I! Kirbyville wont be able to stop it.

#86 needs to step it up in the playoffs. This is it for the seniors, go out 3A champs! 4A will not be kind to us next year.

Jody
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
We are weak when teams run right at us. This D may be stingy but it is not even close to defenses over the last five years.

That said, if we can hold Kirbyville to 21 or less, we win. Our offense is so superior to previous years, that you cant key on anyone. I know Pat will be pressured a lot more for the rest of the playoffs, so get ready. OL needs to keep up the steady line play.

Coaches, PLEASE play smash mouth in the red zone. Dont risk the deep snap in those situations. Dont risk getting blitz and sacked through the wider gaps in the spread. Our line can dominate most other 3A DLines so just line up and get after it! Put Cox or Cam at FB and Bryan or Todd at TB and run the power I! Kirbyville wont be able to stop it.

#86 needs to step it up in the playoffs. This is it for the seniors, go out 3A champs! 4A will not be kind to us next year.

I agree we are a differnt defense, but although the linebacker area is not like the last few years, there are other areas that has improved, such as the secondary and BIG D-Ends. We do need to come out and hit harder and cause forced tunovers, which would just improve on an already good Defense. Our Defense is much better than a WOS defense and with scoring capabilities we have lacked in the past, this should be enough to win out.

We just out-size most teams and we have speed to go with it.

You are right, #86 needs to play every down like it is his last. That means run your routs regardless of where the play goes.

Big C
11-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Defense is hungry. HJ was just an appetizer for this team.

wildcatfan06
11-13-2005, 04:17 PM
I think both teams are good, but K-ville will come out on top.

GO WILDCATS!!! :p

Jody
11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by wildcatfan06
I think both teams are good, but K-ville will come out on top.

GO WILDCATS!!! :p

Not this year friend.....;)

BH is going to teach them a little lesson and take revenge on the Kitty-Kats.

WOS1
11-13-2005, 06:45 PM
BH gave up 356 yards of offense to HJ... 326 on the ground. K'Ville will run up and down the field on them.

RBARKER
11-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
BH gave up 356 yards of offense to HJ... 326 on the ground. K'Ville will run up and down the field on them.

Whoa hoss!!! Just because WOS got their first playoff win since 2000 don't mean you can start flapping you jaws. Your lucky Huffman made the top three or WOS would be getting ready for basketball!!!!

Ps You Suck

wos fan1
11-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Yea right!! :clap: You ain't seen !@#$ yet...Even better teams in year's to come!!

Jody
11-13-2005, 07:03 PM

How about a friendly bet on the game? If we win, you wear a BH shirt to the next WOS game, if they win, I will wear a WOS shirt all next season.....:D

RBARKER
11-13-2005, 07:07 PM
How about a friendly bet on the game? If we win, you wear a BH shirt to the next WOS game, if they win, I will wear a WOS shirt all next season.....:D

Good lord don't bet that if you loose, Your sitting by yourself next year:D

WOS1
11-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Oh no, it ain't gonna be that easy...

I tell you what, if you hold Kirbyville to what we average giving up per game this year rushing (158 yards per game) or under, I will wear your T-Shirt. If you don't, you wear a Mustang shirt.

Jody
11-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Oh no, it ain't gonna be that easy...

I tell you what, if you hold Kirbyville to what we average giving up per game this year rushing (158 yards per game) or under, I will wear your T-Shirt. If you don't, you wear a Mustang shirt.

How about an average of the total offensive and defensive stats for the Huffman and Kirbyville games combined? Got to have fun right?

Here is how:

Total yards offense and total yards allowed defense for both games. You get 10 points for every 100 yards gained and you subtract 10 points for every 100 yards allowed. Team with the highest number of points at the end wins. In event of tie, team with the most total yards offense wins.

:D

hsfootballrules
11-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Wo-s better worry about Palestine if you play like you did against Huffman yall will be playing thump thump

wos fan1
11-13-2005, 07:29 PM
We'll be ready. The Coaches will make sure of that this week. They've already made it clear.

WOS1
11-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
Wo-s better worry about Palestine if you play like you did against Huffman yall will be playing thump thump

Umm... I don't play anymore, but I'm sure the players will be focused...:rolleyes:

As for how we played against Huffman, that sounds like your saying they weren't a good team. They played error free ball until the 4th quarter. Can Palestine do the same?

WOS1
11-13-2005, 07:59 PM
How about an average of the total offensive and defensive stats for the Huffman and Kirbyville games combined? Got to have fun right?

Here is how:

Total yards offense and total yards allowed defense for both games. You get 10 points for every 100 yards gained and you subtract 10 points for every 100 yards allowed. Team with the highest number of points at the end wins. In event of tie, team with the most total yards offense wins.

:D

You better think about that bet VERY carefully before I accept it. We put 420 on K'ville and 450 on Huffman, held K'ville to less than 200 yards and Huffman to right around 200. I'll accept, but it sounds like a foolish bet to me on your part.:thinking: Especially since you only gained 286 against Huffman. Your already behind the eight ball.

Mr.EagleToYou
11-13-2005, 08:49 PM
BIG D-Ends.

You werent watching the same game I was. The DEs regularly got blown off of the LOS.

They better stay low, penetrate and contain or K-ville will blow by them.

hsfootballrules
11-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Huffman was a good football team but not the same level as Palestine. I have seen both play and if Huffman scores 21 your defense better play better. I am glad yall have a tough schedule in the playoff's alot of good teams in big school.

expect2win08
11-13-2005, 11:10 PM
im going with kirbyville in this one mainly because SPEED KILLS!

BlueBlood
11-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by expect2win08
im going with kirbyville in this one mainly because SPEED KILLS!

Then you should go with Barbers Hill.

Old Cardinal
11-13-2005, 11:39 PM
Barber Hill in a huge win. It's a chance to get to play some subs for BH. Kirbyville was by far the weakest team that BC played this year. The tailback is easy to bottle up and not the fastest in the state in a football uniform by far. BH rolls to the Region III championship game.

RBARKER
11-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Barber Hill in a huge win. It's a chance to get to play some subs for BH. Kirbyville was by far the weakest team that BC played this year. The tailback is easy to bottle up and not the fastest in the state in a football uniform by far. BH rolls to the Region III championship game.

I hope so OC, but I remember similar coments last year. Good Luck to the Cardinals Jody and I will be there Friday!!

Rainman
11-14-2005, 09:32 AM
Barbers Hill flys high above the K-ville Kats

Big C
11-14-2005, 11:35 AM
You werent watching the same game I was. The DEs regularly got blown off of the LOS.

They better stay low, penetrate and contain or K-ville will blow by them.

You come to probably one game, and now your an expert? Trust me, the BIG DE's will be on their game. Thanks for your support.

80's Eagle
11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
The Hill by 20

bhtrainer
11-14-2005, 04:15 PM
well as most of u no last year when bh met up with kirbyville in the playoffs it wasn't such a good ending for bh fans...but this year i seriously think we can pull it off...the guys have been working really hard at practice and since a lot of them are seniors they really want to win... so not only do we have the drive but we also have the talent Cedric, Pat, and the Pattons are just a few of the many great players we have on this team!

BH-21
Kirbyville-7

WOS1
11-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
Huffman was a good football team but not the same level as Palestine. I have seen both play and if Huffman scores 21 your defense better play better. I am glad yall have a tough schedule in the playoff's alot of good teams in big school.

I guess that the 42 points Palestine gave up to a 4-5 team is not cause for concern? :thinking:

We gave up right at 200 yards to Huffman and gained 480, but even that doesn't matter now. All that matters this time of year is that, when the clock reads 00:00, that your team has mor points than the other team. Good luck Friday.

Z.Howard#20
11-14-2005, 04:19 PM
This game might get out of hand early if BH doesnt stop our 4 runningbacks which all run a below a 4.6 to a 4.3. You also have to watch out for the fast defensive players we have and this is no joke this is going to be a very hard hitting game BH better be prepared and come out to play.

Big C
11-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Z.Howard#20
This game might get out of hand early if BH doesnt stop our 4 runningbacks which all run a below a 4.6 to a 4.3. You also have to watch out for the fast defensive players we have and this is no joke this is going to be a very hard hitting game BH better be prepared and come out to play.

Really? Here our guys thought they were coming to a Saturday afternoon picnic.

JasperDog94
11-14-2005, 04:38 PM
This game might get out of hand early if BH doesnt stop our 4 runningbacks which all run a below a 4.6 to a 4.3. Just watch the Jasper game film and you can see how.:p

Jody
11-14-2005, 05:34 PM
You better think about that bet VERY carefully before I accept it. We put 420 on K'ville and 450 on Huffman, held K'ville to less than 200 yards and Huffman to right around 200. I'll accept, but it sounds like a foolish bet to me on your part.:thinking: Especially since you only gained 286 against Huffman. Your already behind the eight ball.

Yeah, us pulling our first string in the 1st quarter hurts us in the statistics area....... :D

You come up with something you think is fair. Everyone knows I have no sense....:D

Big C
11-14-2005, 09:52 PM

Port_town_texas
11-14-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm finally back on hurr been gone for a minute ain't nothin to it.

what up KVILLE?!

Cats' by 28 if they jump out early

Cats' by 14 if it's close.

I might be at the game if im not watching Lufkin plaster Buda Hays in Waco.

shellman54
11-14-2005, 11:49 PM
KV will be lucky to score 28 points, much less beat us by that much. You talk about KV's speed, but BH has speed of their own in the backfield and at the recievers. Not starting anything, just responding to others.

RBARKER
11-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by shellman54
KV will be lucky to score 28 points, much less beat us by that much. You talk about KV's speed, but BH has speed of their own in the backfield and at the recievers. Not starting anything, just responding to others.

OMG did Shellman just talk smack!!!!! Keep hangin with us man we will turn you yet :D :D :D

Rainman
11-15-2005, 09:22 AM
The only speed that will kill this Saturday is the No Huddle Express running over those kitty cats and we will watch those runningbacks against the blue wall and see what happens.

RBARKER
11-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
The only speed that will kill this Saturday is the No Huddle Express running over those kitty cats and we will watch those runningbacks against the blue wall and see what happens. :D

HillBoy
11-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
The only speed that will kill this Saturday is the No Huddle Express running over those kitty cats and we will watch those runningbacks against the blue wall and see what happens.

I agree Rainman with the running straight over the kitty cats but as far as tempo of our offense we are slower running a play than teams that huddle sometimes. It would be nice to see a little bit of Indy in the first series.

HillBoy
11-15-2005, 01:51 PM
TTT

BigTex
11-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Where did OC get the delussional thought that Kirbyville was BC's easiest game???? I can think of 3 or 4 that were easier than Kirbyville (and yes, I have seen all the games). Barbers Hill will win this game by a couple of TDs but for goodness sake, OC, why are you sacrificing the last 2% of credibility you have with with another wild statement that holds no water?:doh:

RBARKER
11-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Ok, I've done some digging for stats and here is what I found.

Barbers Hill- Season Record 10-0 against 2- 4A's and 8-3A's. BH's opponents records are 45-57

Kirbyville - Season Record 7-3 against 0-4A's and 10-3A's. Kirbyville’s opponents records are 48-57

So it looks like both teams are pretty even on their schedules. I'm sure you could argue one way or another that one had a stronger schedule than the other.

Now the stats!!

Offense

Barbers Hill - has scored 384 points which gives them an average of 38.4 points a game while averaging 452.1 yards a game. The offense is balanced rushing for 2341 Yds and Passing for 2180 Yds this season.

Kirbyville - Has scored 347 points which gives them an average of 34.7 points a game while averaging 390.2 Yds a game.The Offense leans more towards the run by 3-1 rushing for 2963 Yds and Passing for 939 Yds this season.

Defense

Barbers Hill - Has allowed 124 points which gives them an average of 12.4 points that they allow per game. They also allow 229.8 Yds per game. The Defense gives up more rushing yards by 2-1 allowing 1543 rushing yds and 755 passing yds for the season.

Kirbyville - Has allowed 198 points which gives them an average of 19.8 points that they allow per game. They also allow 217.4 yds a game. The Defense also gives up more rushing yards by 2-1 allowing 1413 in rushing yds while only giving up 761 yds passing for the season.

Both of these teams have good defenses. The key for BH is to try and contain the K-ville RB’s and make K-ville go to the air for yards. I think BH’s air attack will be the difference in this game.

HillBoy
11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Good job on the stats Barker should be a great game. I think our passing game will be the difference in this game as well.

eagle.eyes
11-15-2005, 06:19 PM
BigTex, LOL........Was kinda thinking the same thing.

nexfan
11-15-2005, 06:23 PM
I would just like to wish Barbers Hill the best of luck from down here in West Columbia. I would hope ya'll wish us luck just as well. I've said it once and I'll say it again ...I wish we could have played this year. From what I have heard from all of Barbers Hill's posters solidify's in my book that ya'll are a city and a program full of class and I wish you all the best.

Rainman
11-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Good luck to West Columbia as well.

I agree Rainman with the running straight over the kitty cats but as far as tempo of our offense we are slower running a play than teams that huddle sometimes. It would be nice to see a little bit of Indy in the first series.

I agree a faster pace to the no huddle would be nice to see, but as long as we don't get a delay of game penalty which is just plain stupidity. But even if we move slowly, the coaches get to see what they want and I'm fine with that as long as there aren't any delay of game penalties.

sweetwater07
11-15-2005, 07:41 PM
from the little knowledge i have of region # i hear barbers hill is a pretty beasty team!!...i'll go with them for the W but don't know how much

Rainman
11-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Nice call my mustang brother.

Tweeder215
11-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Barbers Hill all the way....(well unless they play Sweetwater, then boooo bad barbers hill) Go Shelton...(not sure what it is that u do but do it well) BH by 14

BlueBlood
11-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
Barbers Hill all the way....(well unless they play Sweetwater, then boooo bad barbers hill) Go Shelton...(not sure what it is that u do but do it well) BH by 14

Shelton, I believe, is a offensive tackle. Pulls alot.

RBARKER
11-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
I would just like to wish Barbers Hill the best of luck from down here in West Columbia. I would hope ya'll wish us luck just as well. I've said it once and I'll say it again ...I wish we could have played this year. From what I have heard from all of Barbers Hill's posters solidify's in my book that ya'll are a city and a program full of class and I wish you all the best.

Goodluck to the necks also. West Columbia was my pick to win Div I last year , but those pesky Gobblers got in the way. Take Wimberly out !!

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 09:09 AM
ttt

AggieJohn
11-16-2005, 09:18 AM
why does it always seem like the hill grabs the easier teams in the playoffs

sicem74
11-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Who better?????? Never heard of either teams till this year

BlueBlood
11-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Are you kidding me? By the way, who did Liberty play in the first round?

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Because youre delusional! To me it has always seemed that BH always is in the tougher portion of the bracket. This year we finnally are in the easier portion of the bracket. Not saying that the teams in our portion are push overs, but the lower part of the bracket seems to have the tougher teams.

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by sicem74

You will in the next round! if ya make it:D

AggieJohn
11-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Are you kidding me? By the way, who did Liberty play in the first round?

well in basketball they played....

footsball
11-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by sicem74
is this your 1st year to make the playoffs?

Rainman
11-16-2005, 12:05 PM
I believe our Liberty friend is slightly mistaken, this is the lightest bracket I think Barbers Hill has pulled since 1999 when Don and the Eagles went 12-1 on the season. Every year in between Liberty play a much easier first round game including this year when the played against the Lazy Couch Potatoes.

hsfootballrules
11-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Lets see here last year when Liberty played who did they play in the playoffs? Hardin-Jefferson and BH played Bridge City who was tougher? The other years BH played the easier team cause we won the district.

Rainman
11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
The other years BH played the easier team cause we won the district.
I wouldn't say that.
2002 District champion Barbers Hill played district champion Bridge City first round because of D1 and Liberty played Orangefield.

hsfootballrules
11-16-2005, 04:23 PM
true forgot about that

80's Eagle
11-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Who is the Home team Saturday?

hsfootballrules
11-16-2005, 06:05 PM
I would guess Kirbyville since when the two played last year BH was home cause usually if you play a team in the playoffs over then you have to do opposite of the last time you played

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 80's Eagle
Who is the Home team Saturday?

:thinking:

Z.Howard#20
11-16-2005, 10:21 PM
kirbyville pulls this one off 42-20

DaHill'05
11-16-2005, 10:27 PM

Not going to happen Z-Man. Crockett scored 21 on ya'll and the Hill is 3X the team that Crockett was. Ya'll will be lucky to score 20.

Jody
11-16-2005, 10:27 PM

Well, you just confirmed crack is still available in the Kirbyville gay bars........ :D :D :D

HillBoy
11-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Well, you just confirmed crack is still available in the Kirbyville gay bars........ :D :D :D

Good one Jody. That kinda picked me up for the moment but I am still mad because I just found out I have to work saturday.:mad: Is this game going to be broadcasted?

Jody
11-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by HillBoy
Good one Jody. That kinda picked me up for the moment but I am still mad because I just found out I have to work satuday.:mad: Is this game going to be broadcasted?

I know the feeling. If RBARKER will tape it for you we can al watch the thrashing over a cold beer Sunday. I will be late Saturday myself. PM me and you can call my cell for updates.

DaHill'05
11-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Good one Jody. That kinda picked me up for the moment but I am still mad because I just found out I have to work saturday.:mad: Is this game going to be broadcasted?
The Liberty station 99.9 is broadcasting the BH game.

Rainman
11-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Shine all 9 is sometimes a little cheesy, but it provides a service an important service and BH needs a station of their own.

Z.Howard#20
11-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Kirbyville is very under estimated. Yea we loss a big 52-27 to Jasper because of all the fumbles at the endzone and penalties. Each one of our backs had at least a 100 yards rushing. Kirbyville had a whole lot more yards than Jasper. Don't get me wrong Bridge City has a pretty good program too. They Beat Kirbyville 40-12 the same way they did last because of the injuries at the begining of the season. Now that everybody is healthy its time for war!! Barbers Hill, get ready for da track meeting baby!!!

Rainman
11-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Actually it will be a football game.
(Only a Six-man game can legally be called a track meet.)

wos fan1
11-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Go Kirbyville...That's right ya'll beat them last year!! :doh: :wave:

Rainman
11-16-2005, 10:45 PM
If this was last year, WO-S would be playing the Lazy Couch Potatoes this week.

DaHill'05
11-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Barbers Hill, get ready for da track meeting baby!!!

Z-Man, after we beat ya'll Saturday, we will be more than happy to beat ya'll in track this season too. Ya'll must not have ever seen Barbers Hill run track. B-H ran a 3:22 mile relay last year and should break the 3:20 mark this year. You'll see Saturday.

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Go Kirbyville...That's right ya'll beat them last year!! :doh: :wave:

After all of the love we give WOS youre going to be like that!!!:D

Go Palestine:inlove:

wos fan1
11-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Jody's being mean again!! :D :inlove:

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Kirbyville is very under estimated. Yea we loss a big 52-27 to Jasper because of all the fumbles at the endzone and penalties. Each one of our backs had at least a 100 yards rushing. Kirbyville had a whole lot more yards than Jasper. Don't get me wrong Bridge City has a pretty good program too. They Beat Kirbyville 40-12 the same way they did last because of the injuries at the begining of the season. Now that everybody is healthy its time for war!! Barbers Hill, get ready for da track meeting baby!!!

I just checked out the stats on the Jasper/Kirbyville game just to see if you were on the up and up. You have one of your statements right, two of your backs did break the 100 yard mark. Jasper gained 452 yards while K-ville gained 430 :thinking: Also the box score said you only had one fumble while Jasper had 2. You did get some penalties 8 of them but they were only for 55 yards:thinking:

I don't think BH will be overlooking K-ville this year It should be a good game, seya Saturday.

etbu
11-16-2005, 11:00 PM
RBarker: I am coming to your game saturday. What time? two at moorehead? Are you the home or vistor?

DaHill'05
11-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by etbu
RBarker: I am coming to your game saturday. What time? two at moorehead? Are you the home or vistor?

BH is the visitor

Z.Howard#20
11-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Coach potatoes!!!! It was a proving fact that yall was on the couch after the second round last year and now heading for it again dude. Get ready because aint nothin but turkey going down my belly.

Rainman
11-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Coach potatoes!!!! It was a proving fact that yall was on the couch after the second round last year and now heading for it again dude. Get ready because aint nothin but turkey going down my belly.

I am at a loss for words.
Saturday will end this interesting debate.

DaHill'05
11-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Z-Man you better go to bed. Your going to need your rest come Saturday.

RBARKER
11-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by etbu

Sweet come on out my friend. Give me a call we will save ya a seat. Hey if your bored we are heading out to the BC/Jasper match Friday.

Z.Howard#20
11-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I will give Barbers Hill a good first half. After that, Quincy Cotton (4.3 in da 40) going to eat that turf up same way he did Crockett. I took a look at You guys Schedule, yall aint been tested yet. Newton, Kirbyville, and Jasper neither team yall can fade. We didn't have our key players when we played Hardin Jefferson and came on top 37-25 before da hurricane. Like i said, we have been under estimated this year but finally caught a fire! Kirbyville let Crockett have 21 points because we felt bad. Cause u see, Crockett won district so we decided to give them 21 to make it look like they tried. It was 22-0 at half time then sub. The question is can da Hill handle the 3 hard hitting linebackers we bring on that blitz that caused u guys to sit on da couch during da third round last year?

etbu
11-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Sweet come on out my friend. Give me a call we will save ya a seat. Hey if your bored we are heading out to the BC/Jasper match Friday.
Gotta go watch the little buddy play Ozen in Nac town. Check your pms.

wildkat0507
11-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey if your bored we are heading out to the BC/Jasper match Friday. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah thats where most of me and my kville friends are sitting....on the bc side of course.....yeah zach liked the 42-20 score wouldnt it be something if that was the score....lol but yeah this one will be close to me and im from kville ...but i will have to say that if kville played like they did last week against crockett then bh will need bagS to pick up all the feathers that we plucked... o and p.s. does eagle sound good for thanksgiving wildkatzz??

Paratrooper
11-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I will give Barbers Hill a good first half. After that, Quincy Cotton (4.3 in da 40) going to eat that turf up same way he did Crockett. I took a look at You guys Schedule, yall aint been tested yet. Newton, Kirbyville, and Jasper neither team yall can fade. We didn't have our key players when we played Hardin Jefferson and came on top 37-25 before da hurricane. Like i said, we have been under estimated this year but finally caught a fire! Kirbyville let Crockett have 21 points because we felt bad. Cause u see, Crockett won district so we decided to give them 21 to make it look like they tried. It was 22-0 at half time then sub. The question is can da Hill handle the 3 hard hitting linebackers we bring on that blitz that caused u guys to sit on da couch during da third round last year?

Kirbyville will get beat about as bad as Jasper and Bridge City got a hold of them. I wouldn't talk to much smack here. Just be thankful your here. So when did Kville catch fire was that after the loss to Silsbee or after the Buna win....lol:D

EAGLETOWN
11-17-2005, 06:24 AM
I know the feeling. If RBARKER will tape it for you we can al watch the thrashing over a cold beer Sunday. I will be late Saturday myself. PM me and you can call my cell for updates.

Is this true, is RB going to step up and help a brother out that has to work.

I hope so because I have to work Saturday also.

I was so hoping for a Friday evening game so I could go.

Damit man, this really sucks!

:confused: So what is up with this "Da Kats" stuff! :confused:

Do they not teach how to complete sentences at K-Ville ISD.

Maybe that has been the problem when K-Ville loses maybe the play is not coming in from the coach with "da" attached to it.

"da sweep on da 2 ready da break!"

K-Ville you kitty kats better get ready!

Here I will put it in K-Ville terms.

Cause da Hill is coming to whoop dat @$$!!

Redemption from last year is on da way!

Enjoy da basketball season, thump, thump, thump!

Now can you dig that..... Suuuccckkkeeerrr!!! :clap:

:D Opps a little Booker T coming out!! :D

BlueBlood
11-17-2005, 09:43 AM
BH by a TD -- 42-35.

Rainman
11-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Although the game is on Saturday, I will give my prediction as I always do today.

Barbers Hill 42
Kirbyville 24

Big C
11-17-2005, 10:23 AM

Oh Zach, to be young and naive again. See Mr. Cotten can't get up to speed unless he's able to move and trust me, our defensive line and BIG ENDS aien't gonna let that happen. Let us know how the Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade is!:inlove:

Old Cardinal
11-17-2005, 11:10 AM
What is the record of BH against Kirbyville through the years? For the likes of me, I can't remember Kirbyville ever beating BC since the 1960s. Does anyone have the true history of the Wildcats against these two opponents.
I think Kirbyville won't even be a bump in the road for BH--they should have a very easy win just like Jasper and BC did against that team. They certainly were not even competitive against Jasper nor BC.
Actually this is not the biggest mis-match being played they weekend. The W0-S vs Palestine has to take the cake--Palestine lost to Henderson which went 2-8 and lost to Crockett 35-19. This has to be the biggest mis-match across the state.

Rainman
11-17-2005, 01:40 PM
The Hill will roll.

RBARKER
11-17-2005, 03:25 PM
What is the record of BH against Kirbyville through the years? For the likes of me, I can't remember Kirbyville ever beating BC since the 1960s. Does anyone have the true history of the Wildcats against these two opponents.
I think Kirbyville won't even be a bump in the road for BH--they should have a very easy win just like Jasper and BC did against that team. They certainly were not even competitive against Jasper nor BC.
Actually this is not the biggest mis-match being played they weekend. The W0-S vs Palestine has to take the cake--Palestine lost to Henderson which went 2-8 and lost to Crockett 35-19. This has to be the biggest mis-match across the state.

Old Card I don't think BH and K-ville hav a history. I can't remember when or if we have ever played them besides last year.

Old Cardinal
11-17-2005, 03:47 PM
RBARKER: That is interesting that BH and Kirbyville have not played through the years. I have always admired Kirbyville in that they have been caught in the small enrollment situation and yet they stay competitive.
It's the playoffs and everyone can get beat if they fumble it away. These teams will not give you a lot of leeway to make too many mistakes.

duckbutter
11-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Actually this is not the biggest mis-match being played they weekend. The W0-S vs Palestine has to take the cake--Palestine lost to Henderson which went 2-8 and lost to Crockett 35-19. This has to be the biggest mis-match across the state. OC I think you are wrong about WOS-Palestine. I think Palestine is far more competitive than their record indicates. I can see a BIG upset here in the making.
Palestine 48
WOS 42
As far as BH-Kirbyville, I'm going to pull for Kirbyville but I just don't think they will be able to pull it off again this year.
BH 35
KV 28

Old Cardinal
11-17-2005, 04:14 PM
To Duckbutter: I have always admired your post. You seem to be able to pick the upsets about as well as anyone on here. What are you baseing this on--recent play?. Good scouting put to use?-- or share anything else that you envision.

duckbutter
11-17-2005, 04:38 PM
IMO both teams are about equal in that Palestine is ranked a little low and WOS a little high. Both teams are quick strike teams, able to score from anywhere on the field very quickly. Defenses are about equal with the nod going to WOS. I see a shoot out with turnovers being the deciding factor in this game. I look for a high scoring, close game with Palestine getting the upset. JMO:D

HillBoy
11-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Man i sure do wish I could go to this game any other BH fans not going to be able to make this game?

Cuz I will need someone to talk to on here.

Paratrooper
11-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Old Card I don't think BH and K-ville hav a history. I can't remember when or if we have ever played them besides last year.

RBARKER here is the history of BC and Kirbyville

Here is the All-time record between Kirbyville and Bridge City. The last time Kville beat Bridge City was 1960. Bridge City holds a 7-2 lead in the series and averages BC 25.3 Kirbyville 12.4

1956 BC vs Kville..........00-38.....0-1
1960 BC vs Kville..........14-20.....0-2
1961 BC vs Kville..........26-00.....1-2
1992 BC vs Kville..........21-07.....2-2
1993 BC vs Kville..........33-12.....3-2
2000 BC vs Kville..........42-09.....4-2
2001 BC vs Kville..........22-00.....5-2
2004 BC vs Kville..........30-14.....6-2
2005 BC vs Kville..........40-12.....7-2

EAGLETOWN
11-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Man i sure do wish I could go to this game any other BH fans not going to be able to make this game?

Cuz I will need someone to talk to on here.

Like I posted earlier I'm not going, I got to work.

I'll be here on and off if I can.

BH96
11-17-2005, 07:21 PM
I wont be able to make it either. My 8 year old daughter has her final fall ball tournament this weekend in La Marque (softball). We will take care of business on our end and you'll do the same in Conroe.

bheagle
11-17-2005, 10:01 PM
The eagles will soar and heres the score

bh 35
k-vill 14

RBARKER
11-17-2005, 10:03 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :D :clap:

Comeaux
11-17-2005, 10:13 PM
When exactly did you play for BC?

BHtheHILL
11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
The Eagles have a much more healthier team than last year. The offense has multiple weapons. And the defense just keeps on getting the job done week after week. Roll on Eagles!!!

BH 35
K-Ville 21

Paratrooper
11-17-2005, 11:26 PM

You are correct OC

Rainman
11-17-2005, 11:32 PM
The Hill will be a regional contender.

RBARKER
11-18-2005, 12:28 AM
:thinking: :thinking: :D :clap:

bheagle
11-18-2005, 02:24 PM
ttt

RBARKER
11-18-2005, 02:43 PM
One more day Eagles!! I'm going to watch BC/Jasper tonight because I just can't sit home tonight thinking about tomorrow.

The Hill
11-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Eagles - 42
Wildcats - 21

Z.Howard#20
11-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Kville really are fired up for tomorrow game so here we come boys

BlueBlood
11-18-2005, 07:03 PM
I'll be surprised if the Eagles are fired up. They never seem to be fired up. I guess thats ok.

HillBoy
11-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Found an article in the Baytown Sun on the game:

http://www.baytownsun.com/story.lasso?wcd=23800

RBARKER
11-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Yes Its game day baby!!!! goodluck Eagles

Crimestick
11-19-2005, 10:52 AM
What time is the game?

Kirbyville has done nothing this year against the better teams (BC, WO-S *4Q scrim., Jasper). BH should put it away early.

WOS1
11-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Where and when is this game today?

HillBoy
11-19-2005, 10:59 AM
The games starts at 2 in Conroe.

2futurecard'smom
11-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Good luck Barbers Hill.................After seeing Kirbyville play BC earlier this season, you should have no problem putting them away early! Here's praying for a safe trip for all to and from the game and that the game is injury free!