PDA

View Full Version : Winningest 3A District in Texas

72Yoeman
11-12-2005, 12:24 PM
OK, I've seen a lot of chest-beating about "we have the best/toughest district in 3A in Texas" but historically (yer gonna hafta pull out yer notes for this) which district has the MOST playoff wins. I'm not talking about individual team records even though it may/will come down to individual teams. I'm talking about DISTRICT playoff records (realizing it wasn't too long ago we went to the multiple district team playoff format). I'll be very interested to see the answer(s).

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2005, 12:26 PM
I bet WOS87 can answer this fairly quickly. :)

WOS87
11-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, if you just go by total wins alone, it skews the results in favor of those districts that have more teams (i.e. District 19 is the largest with 8 teams, whereas District 10 only has 4 teams)...

...and also those districts that have older schools which would have more years to accumulate wins (The average number of UIL varsity seasons played for District 26 is 93 seasons, District 9 is 91 seasons, District 19 is 89 seasons! Whereas the average for District 24 is 51 seasons and District 7 is 54 seasons)

Therefore I'm giving you ranks by Total playoff wins, Average Playoff wins per team, and Playoff winning percentage and you can decide which means more

I did this quickly so the numbers aren't all exact but they're pretty close...

Districts with most total playoff wins
1. Dist. 19 - 150
2. Dist. 20 - 143
3. Dist. 5 - 138
4. Dist. 26 - 129
5. Dist. 14 - 114

Districts with least total playoff wins
1. Dist. 28 - 21
2. Dist. 10 - 26
3. Dist. 31 - 27
4. Dist. 7 - 35
5. Dist. 8 - 36

Highest average number of playoff wins
1. Dist. 5 - 27.4
2. Dist. 20 - 23.8
3. Dist. 26 - 21.3
4. Dist. 16 - 20.4
5. Dist. 14 - 19.0

Lowest average number of playoff wins
1. Dist. 28 - 3.5
2. Dist. 10 - 5.2
3. Dist. 31 - 5.4
4. Dist. 7 - 5.8
5. Dist. 8 - 6.0

Highest playoff game winning percentage
1. Dist. 20 - 61.7%
2. Dist. 13 - 58.6%
3. Dist. 19 - 58.1%
4. Dist. 5 - 58.0%
5. Dist. 26 - 57.7%

Lowest playoff game winning percentage
1. Dist. 28 - 32.4%
2. Dist. 8 - 35.6%
3. Dist. 31 - 36.1%
4. Dist. 10 - 37.7%
5. Dist. 12 - 41.4%

Districts 5 (Breckenridge, Vernon, Iowa Park, WF Hirschi, Graham)
20 (Sealy, Bellville, Columbus, Navasota, Rice, Hempstead)
..and 26 (Cuero, Yoakum, Edna, Hallettsville, Luling, Gonzales) pop up on all 3 Highest lists

Districts 8, 10, 28 and 31 show up on all 3 Lowest lists....

There you go...

hornfan
11-12-2005, 06:09 PM
this is not very accurate because some teams stay in the same district but the number of the district changes such as 26->27 so keep that in mind

WOS87
11-12-2005, 06:10 PM
I realize that... it's just the totals for the current 2 year realignment...

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
I realize that... it's just the totals for the current 2 year realignment...

I still like any of your "info" much better than "our district is better because we said so". ;)

hornfan
11-12-2005, 06:13 PM
gotcha

sweetwater07
11-12-2005, 07:41 PM
.........well..................what about 4-3A...lol j/k j/k:( :(

smustangs
11-13-2005, 03:29 AM
break it down for me. how can a district have 150 wins in the playoffs in the last two years. The most games a district could win is 28, thats assuming you have div 1, 2 state champs back to back.

are you talking about all games for two whole seasons? without checking stats, i came up with in the past 2 years in 4-3a,
wylie played 9 post season games, winning 8, sweetwater played 7, winning 5, and snyder played 7(?), winning 5. the tally is 18 playoff wins.

funny how 4-3a had all 3 teams quarter finals deep, plus, a semi finals and a state championship and they didnt make the stats...

gobblerfan02
11-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
break it down for me. how can a district have 150 wins in the playoffs in the last two years. The most games a district could win is 28, thats assuming you have div 1, 2 state champs back to back.

are you talking about all games for two whole seasons? without checking stats, i came up with in the past 2 years in 4-3a,
wylie played 9 post season games, winning 8, sweetwater played 7, winning 5, and snyder played 7(?), winning 5. the tally is 18 playoff wins.

funny how 4-3a had all 3 teams quarter finals deep, plus, a semi finals and a state championship and they didnt make the stats...

Alright smustangs,
Before you start running your mouth next time, look to see what the stats actually mean. He meant that the past two years, the same teams have been in the same districts....and also that he got the stats for the teams within the disticts individually and compiled them together. The stats represent all time, not just the past two seasons, c'mon now, I know you're at least a little smarter than what seems to be portrayed through your typing skills!:D

smustangs
11-13-2005, 03:44 AM
thanks for the break down. its almost 3 am, guess my typing skills are as tired as i am...

gobblerfan02
11-13-2005, 04:04 AM
thanks for the break down. its almost 3 am, guess my typing skills are as tired as i am... sorry, didn't mean to harp on ya as bad as it sounded, just trying to justify what wos87 was sayin, ya 3am, im gonna go to bed now!

WOS87
11-13-2005, 04:50 AM
break it down for me. how can a district have 150 wins in the playoffs in the last two years.

The 150 (151 now since I hadn't included Hutto's win today) wins are the combined all-time playoff wins from the individual teams of District 19-3A... Cameron - 41, La Grange - 33, Giddings - 20, Rockdale - 16, Manor - 16, Smithville - 13, Caldwell - 10, Hutto - 1 (now 2 with their win today).

The '2 years' comment was referring to the arbitrary UIL alignment of districts from 2004-2006. Next year, all of these stats will mean nothing since there will be different teams in a lot of these districts...

As far as District 4-3A - like I said earlier, District 19 has an advantage in that it is the only 3A district with 8 teams. 29 of the other 31 have either 5 or 6 teams....

and District 4 has 5 teams.... Counting the wins this weekend the district has 90 All-Time playoff wins (Sweetwater - 39, Wylie - 26, Snyder - 11, Merkel - 9, Clyde 5) which puts them at 10th out of 32 districts for total all-time playoff wins. Still not bad, considering there are 19 districts with more than 5 teams.

lostaussie
11-13-2005, 10:52 AM

funny how 4-3a had all 3 teams quarter finals deep, plus, a semi finals and a state championship and they didnt make the stats... yada yada yada. tell me. is this strengh of district or weakness of region?

gobblerfan02
11-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
yada yada yada. tell me. is this strengh of district or weakness of region? Dont get him riled up again!!! Looks like the big three are down to the big two in playoffs now, still think the two remaining have a shot, if monahans doesn't play 4-3A spoiler this season!
Good luck to ALL teams this yr!

sweetwater07
11-13-2005, 11:02 AM
yada yada yada. tell me. is this strengh of district or weakness of region?

i hope we play gilmer this year!!!......in your opinion aussie...do you think that sweetwater would have had a better chance at beating yall last year than snyder......i have heard this from several ppl because of snyder's lack of speed last year and our abundance of it........????

lostaussie
11-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i hope we play gilmer this year!!!......in your opinion aussie...do you think that sweetwater would have had a better chance at beating yall last year than snyder......i have heard this from several ppl because of snyder's lack of speed last year and our abundance of it........???? that i do not know. btw, i'm not trying to pick a fight. i hope you guys get to play us also. that will mean we have made it from regII. I do not know about swaters team speed. i have seen 2 regI teams play in my life. kermit in 1981 and snyder last year. we smoked both of them. it is just my opinion, and that is all it is , an opinion, that what the rest of the state calls speed and what regionI calls speed are two different things. don't beat me up 2 bad!!!!!!!!!

sweetwater07
11-13-2005, 11:14 AM
that i do not know. btw, i'm not trying to pick a fight. i hope you guys get to play us also. that will mean we have made it from regII. I do not know about swaters team speed. i have seen 2 regI teams play in my life. kermit in 1981 and snyder last year. we smoked both of them. it is just my opinion, and that is all it is , an opinion, that what the rest of the state calls speed and what regionI calls speed are two different things. don't beat me up 2 bad!!!!!!!!!

i'll agree with you on speed form those tow teams...snyder last year..minus dee walker had no speed at all....they just caught passes and tried to run withhim...but we have 2 kids from the state track team as backs and thats what i call speed...........we have them this year too.......

lostaussie
11-13-2005, 11:21 AM
i'll agree with you on speed form those tow teams...snyder last year..minus dee walker had no speed at all....they just caught passes and tried to run withhim...but we have 2 kids from the state track team as backs and thats what i call speed...........we have them this year too....... you are answering your own question. you have 2 backs that can run, and i believe you. the difference is gilmer, and other good region 2 and 3 teams put 11 guys on the field, on both sides of the ball that can flat out go. i will take 11 fast guys against your 2 track stars anyday.

sweetwater07
11-13-2005, 11:25 AM
you are answering your own question. you have 2 backs that can run, and i believe you. the difference is gilmer, and other good region 2 and 3 teams put 11 guys on the field, on both sides of the ball that can flat out go. i will take 11 fast guys against your 2 track stars anyday.

well i guess we will see.....it would be a heck of a game thats for sure and i'm looking forward to seeing it....hopefully both of us make it this far.....that M&G would be nice to finish this convo....good luck to gilmer!!

lostaussie
11-13-2005, 11:27 AM
that would be cool.......still gotta take em' one at a time though.

GreenMonster
11-13-2005, 11:29 AM
I knew that District 5 was pretty tough year in and year out but I had no idea it ranks as well as it does. Interesting. Don't know that I have ever said this but, District 5 is the toughest district in the state! lol J/K. I think this is a question that cannot truly be answered. Things change from year to year. Last year I'd say district 4 was by far the toughest district in the state with all 3 playoff teams reaching the Regional Finals 2 teams in the Semi's and one State Title. This year is still up in the air.

gobblerfan02
11-13-2005, 12:06 PM
you are answering your own question. you have 2 backs that can run, and i believe you. the difference is gilmer, and other good region 2 and 3 teams put 11 guys on the field, on both sides of the ball that can flat out go. i will take 11 fast guys against your 2 track stars anyday. Speaking of flat out go, Cuero has almost the whole state track team playing, with a defensive end that runs a 4.3! Speed kills, good luck to both gilmer and SH20, I picked both of you to come out of your respective regions!

lostaussie
11-13-2005, 12:24 PM
thats the kind of speed i'm talking about!!!!!

72Yoeman
11-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I should have clarified my request knowing how the uil has rearranged districts over the years. Cameron has been from Dist. 17 to as high (grin) as Dist. 23. You did a great job of sorting that out and if I didn't know better I'd swear you were kin to Bertie Shumate here the way you both keep stats.. Great job & thanks again!

3afan
11-13-2005, 03:25 PM
another one of those questions with an impossible correct answer .........

yoemenkracker30
11-13-2005, 04:09 PM
i'll agree with you on speed form those tow teams...snyder last year..minus dee walker had no speed at all....they just caught passes and tried to run withhim...but we have 2 kids from the state track team as backs and thats what i call speed...........we have them this year too.......

speed doesnt do you any good when you try to run through a brick wall

gobblerfan02
11-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30

Sorry to put your post down abit, but have you ever hear of this equation?
F = M x A

where F (force) = M (mass) x A (acceleration)

Is it just me or does the acceleration component contain SPEED???

So, if you do have enough SPEED, then that would acquire the proper amount of FORCE to break through that so-called brick wall of yours! :D :D :D

Just pullin' your leg a lil' bit! I needed some humor today!

yoemenkracker30
11-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
F = M x A

So, if you do have enough SPEED, then that would acquire the proper amount of FORCE to break through that so-called brick wall of yours! :D :D :D

lol, dont worry about it, its good for the board

lostaussie
11-13-2005, 05:09 PM
speed doesnt do you any good when you try to run through a brick wall i disagree totally. see above!!!!!!!!!!!!

yoemenkracker30
11-13-2005, 05:11 PM
ok, just because you have fast running backs doesnt mean that you can just run around a defense. just because you have a fast reciever doesnt mean he's gonna catch it all the time.

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2005, 05:12 PM
F = M x A

Said SPEED would also have to have some MASS to go along with it. :p

lostaussie
11-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Said SPEED would also have to have some MASS to go along with it. :p

10-4 ghost rider

rockdale80
11-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 72Yoeman
I should have clarified my request knowing how the uil has rearranged districts over the years. Cameron has been from Dist. 17 to as high (grin) as Dist. 23. You did a great job of sorting that out and if I didn't know better I'd swear you were kin to Bertie Shumate here the way you both keep stats.. Great job & thanks again!

I am kin to Bertie Shuemate...

Hupernikomen
11-13-2005, 08:06 PM
F = M x A

No it does not contain speed, it contains velocity.

a= change in velocity/change in time.

lostaussie
11-13-2005, 08:10 PM
class is in. and it's getting deep!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetwater07
11-13-2005, 09:15 PM

well with an o-line like ours there is no brick wall to have to go through....