PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Vs Bridge City

Paratrooper
11-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, my thoughts on this game will be a very even match. This one should be a real war here. I think that Jasper has really proved it has a potent air attack. I never would have believed I would say that as Jasper traditionally has had some great running teams. Bridge City has had some problems shutting down the run lately, but overall I think the Cardinals have more weapons and are more explosive on offense. I think BC takes this one in a hard fought game.

My prediction

BRIDGE CITY 35
JASPER 26

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Jasper has more weapons than they know how to play. I said last night we will probably just come out and run the play next week after passing the ball so much last night. Enterprise said we threw the bal 17 times, but it seemed more like 30.

RBARKER
11-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Well, my thoughts on this game will be a very even match. This one should be a real war here. I think that Jasper has really proved it has a potent air attack. I never would have believed I would say that as Jasper traditionally has had some great running teams. Bridge City has had some problems shutting down the run lately, but overall I think the Cardinals have more weapons and are more explosive on offense. I think BC takes this one in a hard fought game.

My prediction

BRIDGE CITY 35
JASPER 26

Para, No way will the score be like that:D I don't know who to pick in this one. Jasper always has speed, but it seem like things in Jasper are just not the same this year. Bridge City is looking good and has a lot of confedence going into this game. It should be a good tight game with a TD deciding the outcome.

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Honestly I didn't think Jasper could go near as far as they did last year. We kept finding just enough to win each week..we squeaked by Diboll, edged out Yoe, beat Marlin pretty good, and won very close one to LH. Came up short against Gilmer. This years team is better defensively and offense is and all new look at this point in the year compared to the first 4 games..so who knows what the dogs might be able to accomplish.

AggiesAreWe
11-12-2005, 11:31 AM
This should be a very good game, glad to see it being held in my hometown at Tiger Stadium. I think part of the reason Silsbee built a nice stadium like they have was to host some playoff games, particularly one's like this. Newton and Woodville played here last night, decent crowd, nobody will stop Newton. Does anyone know who will be home and visitors? I hope it's Jasper, I've got to support my fellow 22-3Aer's.

Paratrooper
11-12-2005, 11:37 AM
I tell ya, I really don't look at who Jasper has lost to as a sign of weakness. The teams that they lost to were very tough teams. The only common opponents that they have both had is WOS and Kirbyville.

WOS 28 Jasper 22........lost by 06
WOS 41 Bridge City 34.lost by 07

Kirbyville 27 Jasper 52...........won by 25
Kirbyville 12 Bridge City 40....won by 28

This game is definently going to the wire. I think the entire game will hinge on weather Jasper's defense can contain BC. BC definently will not be playing their subs in the second half on this one....lol.:D I just hope whoever wins this one comes out healthy as Division 3 is just loaded this year.

JasperDog94
11-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Well...Jasper did contain the state's leading rusher in Sturns to under 80 yards. We shall see if we can keep that momentum going this next week.

BTW - The defense only gave up 7 to Rusk and that was off of a turnover. The other 6 was an int returned for a TD.

Astrosdawg07
11-12-2005, 12:19 PM
If Jasper doesn't turn the ball over and have dumb penalties they should be in good shape and give BC a hell of a game.

Astrosdawg07
11-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I tell ya, I really don't look at who Jasper has lost to as a sign of weakness. The teams that they lost to were very tough teams. The only common opponents that they have both had is WOS and Kirbyville.

WOS 28 Jasper 22........lost by 06
WOS 41 Bridge City 34.lost by 07

Kirbyville 27 Jasper 52...........won by 25
Kirbyville 12 Bridge City 40....won by 28

This game is definently going to the wire. I think the entire game will hinge on weather Jasper's defense can contain BC. BC definently will not be playing their subs in the second half on this one....lol.:D I just hope whoever wins this one comes out healthy as Division 3 is just loaded this year.

I think Spoon,Clotiaux and company will keep us in the game.

Paratrooper
11-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I think Spoon,Clotiaux and will keep us in the game.

Yes, I think they will. Like I say, no team has held Bridge City down under 4 touchdowns all season. Bridge City will probably get a minimum of 28 points on Jasper, it will just boil down to if Jasper can keep up and light the score board up.

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Yes, I think they will. Like I say, no team has held Bridge City down under 4 touchdowns all season. Bridge City will probably get a minimum of 28 points on Jasper, it will just boil down to if Jasper can keep up and light the score board up.

Not an easy thing to just assume 28 points against this Jasper D. We certainly have given up 28 points this year on a few occasions though. Going to be rough night if BC qb plays like he did in the 1st half against WO-S. Sure wish we had seen the second half of that one so I knew what BC can do that they didn't do while we watched.

Old Cardinal
11-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Hup: I sure wish you could have seen Dishon when he was in a little better shape. He and 4 others had had the flu all week of the WO-S game. It was in the PA News etc: how much practice they had missed-- yet none of us wanted to make an issue of it. Johnny was stopping and fighting for breath all during the second half of that game--he played a tremendous game under the circumstances, as did the other players.
He seemed in good health however against Cleveland. This should be one good 3A game. Winner has a real chance to put it all together this year.

GS#17
11-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Para, just watching the WOS games, I can tell you I don't think comparing scores is a good indicator to say the teams are equal. Both teams showed different strengths and weaknesses...

Jasper put up 330 yards total offense against WOS, which included a 5.5 yard per carry rushing average, and they held WOS to 3.3 yards per rush. On the other hand, BC got a total of 108 on the ground against the Stangs, which is less than 3 yards per carry on their rushing attempts, and let up 380 yards total offense to WOS, which includes 265 rushing yards (a 6.3 yard per carry average).

After watching both teams play, Jasper has definite advantages in team speed and on the lines. BC has an uphill battle on their hands, but I don't think it means they are done. If BC plays their best and forces Jasper into some mistakes, this game could be interesting.

Hupernikomen
11-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Hup: I sure wish you could have seen Dishon when he was in a little better shape. He and 4 others had had the flu all week of the WO-S game. It was in the PA News etc: how much practice they had missed-- yet none of us wanted to make an issue of it. Johnny was stopping and fighting for breath all during the second half of that game--he played a tremendous game under the circumstances, as did the other players.
He seemed in good health however against Cleveland. This should be one good 3A game. Winner has a real chance to put it all together this year.

Well I don't think this Jasper team compares well to the last team that played BC in the playoffs, but how do you rank Dishon compared to Pebbles you all had that year. Are his numbers comparable?

Old Cardinal
11-13-2005, 10:20 PM
To GS: PA News says BC rushed for 109 and passed for 192 for a total of 301. To have had the ball so sparingly in the first half they did great in the second half.
Who is this Mike Mustang guy--if he did not know the Orange team was officially Stark High School from 1943 to 1977??
The point was that Kourby had not got to QB the first team enough through the year to be able to get any timing coordination for playoff level ball--and that included the playoff games.

As for the statement that "large enrollment team in both Divisions have a definate depth advantage in upper playoff level ball" I will stand pat on that statement based on every statistic that has been derived through the years.

GS#17
11-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I changed it... My mistake.

BTW, what was the time of possession in the game?

bluechippa75
11-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Face It Bridge City Fans, Jasper Is Going To Win This Game In Blowout Fashion. I Said It About The Rusk Game And Look What Happen. Bridge City Hasn't Beatin Jasper In About 4 Years And It's About To Be Five.
Jasper-41
Bridge City-17

Paratrooper
11-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by GS#17

After watching both teams play, Jasper has definite advantages in team speed and on the lines. BC has an uphill battle on their hands, but I don't think it means they are done. If BC plays their best and forces Jasper into some mistakes, this game could be interesting.

I'll take your word on this one. I do think the problem for Bridge City may fall on their pass defense coverage. It seems Jasper has really put together a potent air attack. It may happen, but I do have my doubts whether Jasper can effectively shut down the Cardinal offense. Noone has done so yet, so I will stand on that one. They are averaging exactly 36 points per game, and the lowest total all year produced was 28 points.
Like I say, I may be wrong, but Bridge City is by far no Rusk and I don't see Jasper holding BC anywhere close to the same stats. Actually for the most part they have played subs in the second half with the exception of WOS. If they would have kept the dogs on most of these teams, the average would only be WHO KNOWS how high. I know they will have to play everyone in this one to win as Jasper certainly won't lay down and die. This should be a close game, but I still think BC gets the nod on this one. I would be shocked if Jasper holds BC under 28 points.

Old Cardinal
11-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Hup, I believe you mean Jamie Knight as the QB...? Peebles was a pure running back. Knight and Dishon are about equal, I guess, but Dishon has another year; he is a Junior.
I hope he and several others go ahead and play football again next year but those very juicey baseball scholarships loom big if they play year round BB.
This game is a toss-up in my opinion. Jasper has played some good teams this year.

Paratrooper
11-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by bluechippa75
Face It Bridge City Fans, Jasper Is Going To Win This Game In Blowout Fashion. I Said It About The Rusk Game And Look What Happen. Bridge City Hasn't Beatin Jasper In About 4 Years And It's About To Be Five.
Jasper-41
Bridge City-17

Wishful thinking, but not realistic. The only teams Jasper has beat this badly was

Buna 40-20
Kirbyville 52-27
Coldspring 54-7
Shepard 37-6

If you think BC is in this league, you might just get surprised. I think BC with a good game will win 35-26, but if they play poorly I think Jasper gets the nod by 7. It will be close either way. I really don't see a blow-out from either side.

Old Cardinal
11-13-2005, 10:51 PM
To Paratrooper: When BC has made ther playoffs it seems they have done pretty good. Do you know any "efficiency" numbers on those appearances?

Paratrooper
11-13-2005, 10:56 PM
I know Bridge City is 14-6 in the playoffs all time. They have made the post season 8 times. They have one of the highest averages (if not the highest) in the state at wins vs losses.

However, I think this is going to be one tough game going to the wire.

Old Cardinal
11-13-2005, 11:00 PM
To GA #17: I read your post over several times and I don't follow your logic? You talk about low rushing as a bad statistic--they put Armand in a slot and he catches 5 passes! Normally he would be playing tailback position; but they were making a desperate attempt to catchup a lot of points. They went into a passing mode and did not use a running attack so therefore the rushing yardage was off set by passing point buildup.

Are you saying they should have run the ball more to get better rushing yardage??

Armand only carried 11 times but was quite effective in catching the ball from the slot spot on the spread. A lot of those 11 times were short yardage situations for 1st downs of which they made 21` first downs during the ball game??

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
Jasper put up 330 yards total offense against WOS, which included a 5.5 yard per carry rushing average, and they held WOS to 3.3 yards per rush. On the other hand, BC got a total of 108 on the ground against the Stangs, which is less than 3 yards per carry on their rushing attempts, and let up 380 yards total offense to WOS, which includes 265 rushing yards (a 6.3 yard per carry average).

I think this is somewhat misleading as Bridge City put up 301 yards on WOS. Again it shows how even these teams are.

89JDAWG
11-14-2005, 10:04 AM
It always comes back to the old saying "Defence wins championships" This game will come down to which coaching staff can prepare the kids to go out and play great defence. And which team can make and implement adjustments. For this reason I believe the first half will be close but Jasper will start to take control in the 2nd quarter and finish strong in the second half. Jasper's experence in the previous years will be the difference in the game. The Jasper coaching staff will have some nuggets that they have held back and pull them out for this one.

FINAL
Jasper 34
BC 21 (two td in first half one in 4th quarter)

HALF TIME
Jasper 13
BC 14

Last year I was real close every game hope I can continue the trend!!

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 10:08 AM
I don't see Jasper holding Bridge City's offense to 21 points. However, we will see

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
It always comes back to the old saying "Defence wins championships" This game will come down to which coaching staff can prepare the kids to go out and play great defence. And which team can make and implement adjustments. For this reason I believe the first half will be close but Jasper will start to take control in the 2nd quarter and finish strong in the second half. Jasper's experence in the previous years will be the difference in the game. The Jasper coaching staff will have some nuggets that they have held back and pull them out for this one.

FINAL
Jasper 34
BC 21 (two td in first half one in 4th quarter)

HALF TIME
Jasper 13
BC 14

Last year I was real close every game hope I can continue the trend!!

Here are the halftime scores of Bridge City just to give you some indication of how strong their offense is when they have all their starters in. The stats of BC are somewhat misleading as to their strength because usually they are playing their subs in the second half.

Halftime scores

BC 21 (28)
Liberty 00 (00)

BC 17 (40)
KV 06 (12)

BC 21 (31)
LCM 00 (14)

BC 21 (28)
OF 00 (00)

BC 38 (55)
HJ 13 (20)

BC 31 (38)
HF 00 (00)

BC 28 (42)
Cleveland 00 (20)
(playoffs)

Games in which their starters remained on the field

BC 14 (28)
anahuac 10 (10)

BC 10 (34)
WOS 27 (41)

3ABirdMan
11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Not an easy thing to just assume 28 points against this Jasper D. We certainly have given up 28 points this year on a few occasions though. Going to be rough night if BC qb plays like he did in the 1st half against WO-S. Sure wish we had seen the second half of that one so I knew what BC can do that they didn't do while we watched.

Hup - That really was the plan all along! Don't show the Jasper fan anything in the 1st half against WO-S! We saved it all for the 2nd half!:D (or was it because you took Jody with you when you left?):thinking:

89JDAWG
11-14-2005, 10:23 AM
I fully expect the BC offence to be strong, so is Jasper's. That is why I said the defence will be the difference. You will not advance very far if the defence cannot shut down the oposing teams offence to give the ball back to your offence. The yoeman and marlin are waiting in the wings for the winner of this one and your "D" must show up every week or you go home.

3ABirdMan
11-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I fully expect the BC offence to be strong, so is Jasper's. That is why I said the defence will be the difference. You will not advance very far if the defence cannot shut down the oposing teams offence to give the ball back to your offence. The yoeman and marlin are waiting in the wings for the winner of this one and your "D" must show up every week or you go home.

DeFence - :doh: De ting around da yard dat seperates you from da naybor and keep his dog out.

Defense - The team effort to prevent the opponent, who has control of the ball, from advancing and scoring points.

89JDAWG
11-14-2005, 10:38 AM
thats it!!!!!

3ABirdMan
11-14-2005, 10:42 AM
thats it!!!!!

I'm sorry - I just couldn't resist!:hairpunk:

You ought to know BC posters have nothing but respect for Jasper:kiss: . I voted the poll as "too close", and I won't be bragging on here or anywhere else (till after the game, MAYBE;) )!

MIKE_MUSTANG
11-14-2005, 10:50 AM
OC, officially you may be correct, but from the beginning to the mid-60's at least, they were referred to as Orange High School.

As to who I am, I was born and raised in Orange Texas, lived here for almost 52 years, have stayed loyal to the Tigers and now the Mustangs, as you have with the Cardinals. My son attends BC, my daughter graduated from BC and was a strutter.

I am not here to get into a P****** match with you, just trying to clarify what the team was called. As far as The Foster-Korby deal, my point was that it was not a runaway game when Foster got hurt, as you try to indict all Orange(orange Stark and WO-S) teams as teams that always run up the score. Just like the BC-WO-S game, we're up 27-3 in the 2nd Quarter and looking like the rout is on, if we call off the dogs, BC probably wins the game.

I have been to every game that WO-S has played this year and not one time has The Mustangs intentionally run up the Score as you would try to make people believe. You do this I guess, because you have problem with Orange, because you always try to degrade Orange and the Mustangs by twisting the truth to suit your needs. I hope BC goes all the way and will support them because they have good kids that I have been around and coached in baseball, but I will remain loyal to the mustangs, and hopefully, together we can make it a very special Christmas for people in BC and Orange.

If you need to know any more about me just ask. :thumbsup:

shankbear
11-14-2005, 10:50 AM
DFEENCE is perfectly appropriate.......in England and Australia. Not a usual American spelling. No big deal anyway.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 11:44 AM

Well, if you take a look at the Bridge City defense they have produced some really good results. They have three shutouts this year. The points scored on their defense are as follows:

00, 12, 14, 20, 00, 10, 00, 41, 20.

Of course, the highest output of points was from WOS at 41 in which they lost by 7. Bridge City tends to have a low production rate of points in the second half and they have given up more points in the second half due to they have their starters out. I totally agree that Defense does win championships. Jasper's defense has the following numbers

28, 32, 39, 35, 20, 27, 07, 06, 21, 13

3ABirdMan
11-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
DFEENCE is perfectly appropriate.......in England and Australia. Not a usual American spelling. No big deal anyway.

I would have to agree, SHANK. I know I have never used the spelling DFEENCE :confused:

JasperDog94
11-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Jasper's defense has the following numbers

28, 32, 39, 35, 20, 27, 07, 06, 21, 13 BUT, look at the numbers compared to the teams we have faced PLUS the difference before and after the hurricane. This is a totally different Jasper team than the one that played the first 4 games.

Old Cardinal
11-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Yes Mike M.-- Officially you are wrong one more time...You have been wrong each time you post yet you continue to try to make yourself look superior in knowledge. Everyone in Orange County called the team Stark High-- officially and in common language, except I guess you.

wos fan1
11-14-2005, 12:15 PM
OC..Why are you a smart @$$??? Just curious??

Old Cardinal
11-14-2005, 12:16 PM
..Interesting--looking back over your post WOS 1 and you call me a name?, If I counter one of your groups tangent proclaimations then I get called a name.

wos fan1
11-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Just as i thought !! Shouldn't have wasted my time typing.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
BUT, look at the numbers compared to the teams we have faced PLUS the difference before and after the hurricane. This is a totally different Jasper team than the one that played the first 4 games.

True, I will never say that Jasper hasn't played some really good teams. They certainly have.

Lets look at good teams .500 or better and teams under .500 for both sides.

Jasper

teams .500 or better

28, 32, 39, 35, 27, 06, 13

teams under .500

20, 07, 21

BC

teams .500 or better

00, 12, 00, 20, 41, 20

teams under .500

14, 10, 00

shankbear
11-14-2005, 12:31 PM
OC v. WOSFAN 1..........will the old one take the whipper snapper down? Will age prevail or will fan 1 weather the storm?

Old Cardinal
11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
To Paratrooper: That is good defense stat data. The more I look at this whole situation the more of a tossup game that I see playing out.

Statistics are interesting--Did you see the one where a top Statistician had come to the conclusion that the size of the ball in the particular sport was directly porportional to the IQ of the players and ardent fans?
His extensive calculations prove that Basketball(biggest ball) has the lowest IQ. Football(next biggest ball) next lowest IQ.
Baseball, higher IQ and Golf(smallest ball) highest IQ.
My point is-- given enough data to massage and cull through and you can prove about anything via statistical analysis.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
OC v. WOSFAN 1..........will the old one take the whipper snapper down? Will age prevail or will fan 1 weather the storm?
Maybe we need a new poll to see who wins:D :D

Old Cardinal
11-14-2005, 12:39 PM
If anything, BC might have a defensive edge and Jasper has the tradition of being the State Finalist last year which gave them a lot more games under their belt at the playoff level.
There is one interesting little stat that has gone unnoticed' The Seniors and Juniors at BC both whipped the Jasper teams when they were 9th graders. That has happen a number of times before but this time BC has retained these same athletes in the football programs that, in the past, have specialized in assorted sports to obtain college scholarships. This is as close as BC has come in years to putting BC better athletes on the football field, even though some had to have extensive extra training to get back up to snuff in football actuation techniques.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Statistics are interesting--Did you see the one where a top Statistician had come to the conclusion that the size of the ball in the particular sport was directly porportional to the IQ of the players and ardent fans?

Boy there must be some smart ping pong players out there and the ivy leagues must not be recruiting from the Pushball players:D

Old Cardinal
11-14-2005, 12:52 PM
To Paratrooper: This is kind of fun--Maybe a blonde with a beach ball has a lower IQ than a basketball player?
Or, A Chinese Checker player is smarter than a Golf player? :D

bulldogbark
11-14-2005, 01:05 PM
hmmmm i must be as dumb as dirt cause the military always plays pushball

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
hmmmm i must be as dumb as dirt cause the military always plays pushball

Believe it or not bulldogbark they got rid of it:( Their was too many fights breaking out during All American week when they would play. They had whole units out there fighting, so they just banned it. There was a lot of people that got hurt doing that stuff. They got rid of it a couple of years ago.

MIKE_MUSTANG
11-14-2005, 01:13 PM
ok OC, I dare you to go back and look at The Orange Leader's Archives during that time period and see what they were called, Mr. Know-It-All. Here again you want everyone to see your knowledge or lack their of, in my opinion. When I was in school in the early 70's they were called the Stark Tigers, early to mid 60's they were the ORANGE TIGERS. Sorry your just poppin your gums on this one.

3afan
11-14-2005, 01:29 PM
....given enough data to massage and cull through and you can prove about anything via statistical analysis.

and thats exactly what all of you are doing IMO --- WAY over analyzing this and along the way using what data you can find to make your team the favorite in the game

good thing they actually have to PLAY and non rely on these inane debates !!!!!

again, IMO
:p

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
and thats exactly what all of you are doing IMO --- WAY over analyzing this and along the way using what data you can find to make your team the favorite in the game

good thing they actually have to PLAY and non rely on these inane debates !!!!!

again, IMO
:p

But it certainly makes it fun doesn't it.....lol:D :clap: :D

3afan
11-14-2005, 01:35 PM
But it certainly makes it fun doesn't it.....lol:D :clap: :D

yes it does ..... :clap: :thumbsup:

Old Cardinal
11-14-2005, 01:38 PM
To Mike Mustang--Please read back on here where one of your own corrected you(Shankbear) about the school located in Orange from 1943-1977 being called LUTCHER STARK HIGH . I lived through that era as I assume Shankbear did and that is what the school was called. Go look at the monument on the Green Avenue site ole Buddy. Another-- Know it all-- along with Shankbear and the people that assemble the accurate info on Stark High....Gezz! Do you ever play beach ball? :D

spiveyrat
11-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, if you take a look at the Bridge City defense they have produced some really good results. They have three shutouts this year. The points scored on their defense are as follows:

00, 12, 14, 20, 00, 10, 00, 41, 20.

Of course, the highest output of points was from WOS at 41 in which they lost by 7. Bridge City tends to have a low production rate of points in the second half and they have given up more points in the second half due to they have their starters out. I totally agree that Defense does win championships. Jasper's defense has the following numbers

28, 32, 39, 35, 20, 27, 07, 06, 21, 13

Yep, over the course of the season, opponents averaged 22.8 pts on Jasper and 13 on BC.

Since Rita teams have averaged 15.6 against Jasper and 15.1 against BC.

BC's defense has stayed pretty consistent, while Jasper's has drastically improved. Of course this all means diddly squat, though because each team didn't keep their "A" team in during the entirety of a lot of these games. Interesting stats, but as I said, they don't really mean diddly.

tigerettedad
11-14-2005, 01:47 PM
why don't everyone just shut-up already!!!!!!! it will all be settled on friday night, then ya'll can start another post on saturday morning on why your team lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bulldogbark
11-14-2005, 01:48 PM
hey do we need to get all these stats together and give them to the coaches so that they will play this game according to the stats. and for the other aurgument on this thread back in the early 60' it was Jasper Bull' dogs with the hard sound coming at the bull and then in the 70s it went to Bull dog' with the hard sound on the DOG hey can we argue whether its pronounced tomato or tomato:confused: :confused: :confused:

bulldogbark
11-14-2005, 01:49 PM
why don't everyone just shut-up already!!!!!!! it will all be settled on friday night, then ya'll can start another post on saturday morning on why your team lost!!!!!!!!

hey we are having fun why not go talk about your next game...:)

tigerettedad
11-14-2005, 01:49 PM
all i'm saying is both teams deserve to be there or they wouldn't be there!!!!may the best team win!!!!!!!

spiveyrat
11-14-2005, 01:50 PM

I think you meant inversely proportional? Wouldn't directly proportional mean the biggest ball gets the biggest IQ?

tigerettedad
11-14-2005, 01:51 PM
i know that jasper has alot of speed and will knock your lights out!!!i know because we played them, don't know about b.c. our game was canceled due to the storm!!! looking at the stats i like b.c. by 17,

bulldogbark
11-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Bulldogbark takes his brain out and flips it around so that it is now inversely proportional to the ball bearings he plays with:) :D :)

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
hey we are having fun why not go talk about your next game...:)

That was good....LOL:clap: :clap:

Old Cardinal
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I honestly think the winner of this contest is a bonafied candidate for the State Champion.
It's kind of interesting, if you look at the team left in Region III that there seem to be a trend starting that the coastal/SE TX teams are winning the contest.

shankbear
11-14-2005, 01:54 PM
I posted only for historical accuracy. It was from the West Orange Cove Consolidated Independent School District website. I DO NOT have a dog in this fight. My school no longer exists so I do not give a fat, polka dotted, left handed rats rectum about the whole name game.

3afan
11-14-2005, 01:55 PM
well i am shocked. i didnt know rats had hands!

shankbear
11-14-2005, 01:56 PM
2 funny 3A

spiveyrat
11-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by tigerettedad
why don't everyone just shut-up already!!!!!!! it will all be settled on friday night, then ya'll can start another post on saturday morning on why your team lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There wouldn't be anything for you to read if we did that! :eek: :rolleyes:

Old Cardinal
11-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Spiveyrat: I think my sentence is correct saying directly proportional to the IQ. On down I define the ball size relationship to the decline in IQ.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
while Jasper's has drastically improved.

Did it improve just because they have been playing teams that are not that good in the latter half? The teams under .500 is a pretty interesting statistic.

Hupernikomen
11-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Spiveyrat: I think my sentence is correct saying directly proportional to the IQ. On down I define the ball size relationship to the decline in IQ.

Nah Spivey is correct the mathematical relationship you are describing is an inverse or indirect proportion. You state that the larger the ball the smaller the IQ, and that the smaller the ball the larger the IQ..inverse relationship.

OC it is ok to be wrong every once in a while ;)

Hupernikomen
11-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Did it improve just because they have been playing teams that are not that good in the latter half? The teams under .500 is a pretty interesting statistic.

I been saying for weeks now that Jasper is overrated. :D

OC mentioned that last year's state finalist team had some extra games under their belt..yeah and so did the team the year before and the year before and the year before...before that doesn't matter since that was before these kids could have possibly been on varsity.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 02:18 PM
I been saying for weeks now that Jasper is overrated. :D

Hup even though I think this will be an extremely hard fought game what this does show is that Jasper's defense is somewhat porous and vunerable to a good offense. It's not the end all be all of the game, but it does give you some insight to how well Jasper's defense does play. The only reason I posted it, is because some posters were saying Jasper had an exceptional defense and Bridge City didn't. I still say this one goes down to the wire. The under .500 teams to me is probably the best indicator more so than the teams over .500. Jasper certainly has played some top notch teams.

Jasper

teams .500 or better

28, 32, 39, 35, 27, 06, 13

teams under .500

20, 07, 21

BC

teams .500 or better

00, 12, 00, 20, 41, 20

teams under .500

14, 10, 00

j_dog
11-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Speaking of stats, if the playoff games for the past two years were determined by "stats" going in to the game, Jasper probably at most might have won only 2 or 3 Region III games. In fact, they have won every one they have played in spite of the stats. Last year it seemed every team we played, their fans wanted to talk stats. They had the stats, Jasper won the games. :) Those stats never tackled anybody, never completed a pass, never caught a pass..... :cool:

But it is fun reading what everybody says... :D

Good luck to both teams! I'm trying to figure out how I can go to the game! :)

bulldogbark
11-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Man i got a headache,,,,,I would hate for yall to figure out my checkbook no telling what I would end up with:)

spiveyrat
Did it improve just because they have been playing teams that are not that good in the latter half?

Could be. Kirbyville and Silsbee were our toughest games since then. But, Jasper definitely has a different team since Rita. Rita appears to have been our turn-around. Turnovers have been almost non-existent since Rita. Stats could probably be thrown in showing if we hadn't turned the ball over so much in our first 4 games, we may have not allowed our opponents as many points and may have won a few of those ballgames. But hey, turnovers are a part of the game and may not have been because of our sloppiness as much as because of the opposing defense's focus.

JasperDog94
Originally posted by j_dog
I'm trying to figure out how I can go to the game! :) What's the problem?

shankbear
19, 37, 8, 277

spiveyrat
11-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Man i got a headache,,,,,I would hate for yall to figure out my checkbook no telling what I would end up with:)

We may have to revoke your "Resident Mathmatician" status over on the Bulldog board! :D

JasperDog94
11-14-2005, 02:22 PM
I feel like I'm watching an episode of "Lost" gone bad. Way too many numbers.

j_dog
11-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
What's the problem?
The problem is one for the mathematicians on this board:

how to be in two places at the SAME TIME. :D

Paratrooper

Bulldogbark, let me have your checkbook for a day, and tomorrow you will be a millionaire.....lol:D :clap:

wos fan1
He is loaded..:eek: :D

JasperDog94
11-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Bulldogbark, let me have your checkbook for a day, and tomorrow you will be a millionaire.....lol:D :clap: Actually I hear that OC is quite the investor...;)

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Paratrooper is not, but I can make a good case as to why I should be!!.....LOL:D

spiveyrat
11-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Hup even though I think this will be an extremely hard fought game what this does show is that Jasper's defense is somewhat porous and vunerable to a good offense.

Here's a stat for ya... Jasper held the state's best rusher who had been averaging about 223 yards/game to 73 yards last Friday.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Here's a stat for ya... Jasper held the state's best rusher who had been averaging about 223 yards/game to 73 yards last Friday.
Yes, but from what I understand they were one dimensional and couldn't pass.

bulldogbark
STAT TREK...to boldly add numbers that no man has added before...its one day mission to put numbers together to make it look like your team cant be beat.....Oh we are the Mathmatics Guild the Mathmatics Guild Oh we are the Mathmatics Guild , and we will add the numbers for you.....Opps saw the Wizard of Oz this weekend:)

j_dog
Yes, but someone will counter that he could not possibly be as good as player x for team y. :D

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 02:30 PM
:D :clap:

D. R. Hooks
11-14-2005, 02:50 PM
This may have already been answered, but what is the series history between these two teams, and did Jasper and BC meet in preseason?

wos fan1
11-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Hurricane won that one.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by D. R. Hooks
This may have already been answered, but what is the series history between these two teams, and did Jasper and BC meet in preseason?

The overall record between Bridge City and Jasper is Jasper leads the series at 12-17-1. Your question about did BC play them in preseason the answer is no. They were suppossed to meet, but Rita took care of that. Pretty much they have traded shots back at each other through their history.
The largest blowout for Jasper was a 43-0 win in 1983 and the largest blowout for Bridge City was 42-0 in 1966. Anyways I will lay out the history for you and the scores.

1962....34.....06......BC...............1-0
1963....33.....08......BC...............2-0
1964....42.....14......BC...............3-0
1965....32.....13......BC...............4-0
1966....42.....00......BC...............5-0
1967....31.....06......BC...............6-0
1968....39.....06......BC...............7-0
1969....16.....06......BC...............8-0
1970....17.....25......Jasper.........8-1
1971....07.....14......Jasper.........8-2
1972....20.....06......BC...............9-2
1973....13.....13......(tie).............9-2-1
1974....27.....10......BC..............10-2-1
1975....00.....12......Jasper........10-3-1
1976....09.....13......Jasper........10-4-1
1977....21.....07......BC..............11-4-1
1978....16.....21......Jasper........11-5-1
1979....07.....12......Jasper........11-6-1
1980....03.....13......Jasper........11-7-1
1981....12.....28......Jasper........11-8-1
1982....00.....21......Jasper........11-9-1
1983....00.....43......Jasper........11-10-1
1984....07.....28......Jasper........11-11-1
1985....24.....19......BC..............12-11-1
1986....16.....35......Jasper........12-12-1
1987....07.....16......Jasper........12-13-1
1990....06.....20......Jasper........12-14-1
1991....07.....34......Jasper........12-15-1
2002....00.....28......Jasper........12-16-1
2004....10.....34......Jasper........12-17-1

D. R. Hooks
11-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Obviously they don't play every year and it's not the same teams, but wow, Jasper owns the series in modern times...

I'll take Jasper in this one! Even here in Tulsa, the Texas High School football shows airs Friday Nights on Fox Sports Southwest. From what I've seen in the highlights, it doesn't appear Jasper lost much O even with the new QB.

Old Cardinal
11-14-2005, 03:06 PM
To JasperDog94: I do invest as a "self- directed" Private Investor. I make approximately 600 transactions per year through Charles Schwab as a "Signature Platinum" Investor and have helped a number of 3A Down Low folks to get started in generating their own personal revenue.
I have done this via phone and e-mail thus far; however, I would be glad to do an incipient training in the off season on here at the very basic learning level.
I love the research and consider this a great hobby that has also proven to be quite lucrative & psychologically fruitful.

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Obviously they don't play every year and it's not the same teams, but wow, Jasper owns the series in modern times...

I'll take Jasper in this one! Even here in Tulsa, the Texas High School football shows airs Friday Nights on Fox Sports Southwest. From what I've seen in the highlights, it doesn't appear Jasper lost much O even with the new QB.

Modern times? :confused: Jasper and BC really haven't played consistently since the 60's 70's and 80's. (over 25 years ago) Those 3 decades were busted up with BC owning the 60's, somewhat even in the 70s and Jasper dominating in the 80's. Even the 90's games were 15 years ago, so I am not sure exactly what you mean by modern times. If modern times is in the 00's, then yes they have won the last two. Their history is pretty even with Jasper getting the most wins in the recent decades. Bridge City hasn't beat Jasper in the last 6 tries, but this should be a good game.

shankbear
11-14-2005, 03:15 PM
dats a lottta typing Trooper

Jerrod Handy
11-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
I think Spoon,Clotiaux and company will keep us in the game.
I agree, Spoon, Clotiaux, Biscuit(Good) and company are going to have to control the game.:cool:

Jerrod Handy
11-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Modern times? :confused: Jasper and BC really haven't played consistently since the 60's 70's and 80's. (over 25 years ago) Those 3 decades were busted up with BC owning the 60's, somewhat even in the 70s and Jasper dominating in the 80's. Even the 90's games were 15 years ago, so I am not sure exactly what you mean by modern times. If modern times is in the 00's, then yes they have won the last two. Their history is pretty even with Jasper getting the most wins in the recent decades. Bridge City hasn't beat Jasper in the last 6 tries, but this should be a good game. JASPER 28

BRIDGE CITY 7

THAT'S MY FINAL ANSWER

COME ON DAWGS:p

bulldogbark
11-14-2005, 03:24 PM
To JasperDog94: I do invest as a "self- directed" Private Investor. I make approximately 600 transactions per year through Charles Schwab as a "Signature Platinum" Investor and have helped a number of 3A Down Low folks to get started in generating their own personal revenue.

sound like the same speach the Enron people gave right before they went tits up and took all the money with them...SORRY OC I would still would prefer to put my pennies into my little bulldog piggy bank,,,,,seems to be a lot more secure and less arrogent.:D

j_dog
11-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Yes, but from what I understand they were one dimensional and couldn't pass.
the dogs seem to make a lot of teams that way. :D

Z.Howard#20
11-14-2005, 03:50 PM
I believe that Bridge City is going to win because even though Jasper has alot of talent own there team. Bridge City is a well balanced team which is really hard to stop just one person. I learned that for experience when we played Bridge City. I think Bridge City will get the W on this one guys.

Hupernikomen
11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Bridge City hasn't beat Jasper in the last 6 tries, but this should be a good game.

Not many teams in Region III 3A have beaten Jasper in the playoffs in the last 6 years. We are the 3 time defending Region III champs. One of those years being Div. I. The year before we lost the Regional finals to BC in 4A. Been a long time since Jasper was bounced in round 2 of the playoffs.

spiveyrat
11-14-2005, 03:59 PM

You're in Tulsa? That's not too far from here (Wichita).

spiveyrat
11-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Z.Howard#20
I believe that Bridge City is going to win because even though Jasper has alot of talent own there team. Bridge City is a well balanced team which is really hard to stop just one person. I learned that for experience when we played Bridge City. I think Bridge City will get the W on this one guys.

You allude to the fact that Jasper isn't well balanced. Please explain. :confused:

Paratrooper
11-14-2005, 04:17 PM
You allude to the fact that Jasper isn't well balanced. Please explain. :confused:

Does anyone have the production output of Jasper on defense and offense? I am curious as to their running game and their passing game. I have just read on here from jasper posters how good their passing game is, but I rarely here about their running game.

bulldogbark
11-14-2005, 04:24 PM
there you go,, now everybody crunch those numbers

Team Offense

35.9 points per game scored

Rush Yards- 1891,7.44 yards per rush

Pass Yards- 1439, 14.39 yards per catch

Total Yards- 3330

Avg. Per Game- 333

First downs per game- 17.4

Turnovers- 15

Turnovers per game- 1.5

Penalties per game- 6.32

Rushing

Toderrick Hunt- 65 attempts, 485 yards, 7.5 yards per carry, 8 tds

Gilbert Moye- 70 attempts, 329 yards, 4.7 yards per carry, 5 tds

Fred Stoneham- 24 attempts, 243 yards, 10.13 yards per carry 2 tds

Chris Bronson- 28 attempts, 263 yards, 9.4 yards per carry 2 tds

Travon Limbrick- 23 attempts, 215 yards, 9.35 yards per carry, 2 tds

Terrance Scott- 31 attempts, 197 yards, 6.35 yards per carry, 7 tds

Donte Rollins- 2 attempts, 23 yards, 2 tds

Taylor Hart- 1 attempt, 7 yards, 7 yards per carry

Passing

Terrance Scott- 64 completions, 113 attempts, 1018 yards, 13 tds, 2 ints

Gilbert Moye- 36 completions, 71 attempts, 2 ints, 632 yards, 5 tds

Receiving

Sean Weatherspoon- 26 receptions, 461 yards, 17.73 yards per catch, 7 tds

Josh Adams- 14 receptions, 423 yards, 30.21 yards per catch, 3 tds

Fred Stoneham- 14 receptions, 190 yards, 13.57 yards per catch

Jeremy Pinkney- 6 receptions, 74 yards, 12.33 yards per catch, 1 td

Terrance Scott- 2 receptions, 96 yards, 48 yards per catch, 1 td

Taylor Hart- 1 reception, 29 yards, 1 td

Josh Hadnot- 1 reception, 19 yards, 1 td

Tim Good- 1 reception, 4 yards

Travon Limbrick- 1 reception, 2 yards

Team Defense

22.8 points allowed per game

First downs per game- 13.5

Rushing yards allowed- 1788

Rushing yards per game- 178.8

Passing Yards allowed- 817

Passing yards per game- 81.7

Total yards allowed- 2605

Total yards per game- 260.5

Takeaways per game- 1.56

Interceptions

Josh Adams- 4

Sean Weatherspoon- 2, 1 td

Travon Limbrick- 2

DJ Forward- 1, 1 td

spiveyrat
11-14-2005, 04:31 PM

Nevermind, scratch what I said. You've outed us and now our secret is out. We are, indeed, very one-dimensional and average at best. We just hope we get the opportunity to play again next week.

:hairpunk:

Jody
11-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Honestly I didn't think Jasper could go near as far as they did last year. We kept finding just enough to win each week..we squeaked by Diboll, edged out Yoe, beat Marlin pretty good, and won very close one to LH. Came up short against Gilmer. This years team is better defensively and offense is and all new look at this point in the year compared to the first 4 games..so who knows what the dogs might be able to accomplish.

It all depends on where I sit Friday night. Did I mention it is going to be in the 30's? :mad:

Hupernikomen
11-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Update on the teams Jasper lost to.

20-4A champs Beaumont Central won their first round game over Crosby 35-23 and take on Brenham this week. (district 20-4A sweep their opponents first round again this year)

24-3A Champs WO-S win over Huffman 41-21

24-2A Champs Newton win over Woodville 44-0.

I always enjoy keeping up with the teams that beat us to see how they do through out the playoffs.

Astrosdawg07
11-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by bluechippa75
Jasper-41
Bridge City-17

Channing? Let's don't get ahead of ourselves.

Astrosdawg07
11-14-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't see Jasper holding Bridge City's offense to 21 points. However, we will see

If anything Jasper's defense is underestimated. #10 and # 5 will show everyone what our d is made of.

Astrosdawg07
11-14-2005, 06:29 PM

Could not have said it better.

bearkatdad
11-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Anyone know who is home and who is visitor?:confused:
Need to know so I know where to park so I can make a somewhat quick exit, 'cause I know there will be a FULL stadium..
And who knows...maybe even the Beaumont Enterprise might have a write up in the paper after the game, even though these aren't the usual favorite 'golden triangle teams' that they cover ???
Usually, when there are no Golden Triangle teams left, they grudgingly and minimally (is that a word?) cover the outlying areas !!

spiveyrat
11-14-2005, 11:01 PM
I think I heard BC is home team.

exbccards76'smom
11-15-2005, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by bearkatdad
Anyone know who is home and who is visitor?:confused:
Need to know so I know where to park so I can make a somewhat quick exit, 'cause I know there will be a FULL stadium..
And who knows...maybe even the Beaumont Enterprise might have a write up in the paper after the game, even though these aren't the usual favorite 'golden triangle teams' that they cover ???
Usually, when there are no Golden Triangle teams left, they grudgingly and minimally (is that a word?) cover the outlying areas !!

Amen, Brother!! Keep on preaching!!

3afan
11-15-2005, 07:02 AM
anyone know the REAL capacity of Silsbee's stadium?

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I think I heard BC is home team.

Yes they are

bulldogbark
11-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Tiger stadium holds 8,500 fans

I also read were there is a special seat for a so called Jody on the home side

Paratrooper
11-15-2005, 08:35 PM

I heard it now only holds 8,499 fans........the last seat got moved to the BH game:D

89JDAWG
11-16-2005, 10:38 AM
I bet BC and Jasper squeze in 10,000 Friday night!!!

2005chic
11-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Knowing jasper fans, they will find a way to make room. I think it is going to be a close game. Jasper has been doing very well since the storm from what i have heard. IMO I think jasper will win by at least 7. Good luck to both teams.

Now i just have to find out who Newton plays friday. that is one of the down falls of graduating.....im so use to knowing where the next game is going to be and who it is against as soon as monday rolled around. Oh well, like i said GOOD LUCK to both teams.

YBS
11-16-2005, 04:47 PM
No face-reddening statements here. Just a GO DAWGS!

89JDAWG
11-18-2005, 10:44 AM
28 votes for BC how many of those are teams hoping Jasper gets knocked out so they wont have to play us?

89JDAWG
11-18-2005, 01:46 PM
well i guess everyone is tired of talking it is game day. good luck to both sides.

exbccards76'smom
11-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Here's to a injury free ballgame. See ya'll tonight.

Astrosdawg07
11-18-2005, 04:42 PM

I heard that also.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 2005chic
Now i just have to find out who Newton plays friday. that is one of the down falls of graduating.....im so use to knowing where the next game is going to be and who it is against as soon as monday rolled around. Oh well, like i said GOOD LUCK to both teams.

You may already know this, but Newton plays Hearne.

Paratrooper
11-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You may already know this, but Newton plays Hearne.

I didn't know this, but I did hear Hearne loses to Newton:D