PDA

View Full Version : Question

HighSchool Fan
11-12-2005, 10:39 AM
if team a and team b play in the playoffs and team a wins a coin toss to decide where they play at, the next year what do they do if they meet in the playoffs? is it another coin toss or does team b get to decide this time??

GreenMonster
11-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
if team a and team b play in the playoffs and team a wins a coin toss to decide where they play at, the next year what do they do if they meet in the playoffs? is it another coin toss or does team b get to decide this time??

I'm almost positive Team B gets to pick. I could be wrong, not like that ever happens, but I think that is common practice. Unless the coaches decide to flip again.

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan

Yeah I think team b's choice the previous year would be where they play at. For example, this year Cleveland chose Cleveland as their site to play BC. BC chose wherever and won the toss. If they play next year it will be in Cleveland. At least, that is what I think happens.

lostaussie
11-12-2005, 10:58 AM
this applies only for a home and home flip. if team a wins the flip and plays at home, then if they meet again in playoffs in next five years, team b gets to return the favor.

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Well I don't understand why they didn't play in BC then..maybe the stadium situation there is still messed up.

lostaussie
11-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Well I don't understand why they didn't play in BC then..maybe the stadium situation there is still messed up. bc may have been trying to avoid playing at cleveland in the future?

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2005, 11:09 AM
My understanding is that if the team that wins the coin flip the first year chooses HOME field, then the other team gets to play at home the next time. If a neutral site is chosen the first time, the next time the teams play, if a neutral site cannot be agreed upon, it goes back to the coin flip. Of course, there may be other scenarios and I certainly don't know everything.