PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill 56 Hardin Jefferson 14

RBARKER
11-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Not much of a game here. BH should have a better test in Round two. HJ only has one thing going for them and that is Clinton Simien (Sp) their running back. He busted an 80 yard TD on us and once he was out side he burned our secondary. BH did well not fumbling away opprotunities, they only had one turnover and that was an interceptiion in the endzone. On the fumbleing end the only fumbled once and did not loose possetion. The BH second team fumbled about 4 times and they did not lose one either. This is a great improvment from games past. BH will take on the winner of the Kirbyville/Crocket winner which will be decided tomorrow. Great game Eagles get a good practice in and lets keep advancing.

HillBoy
11-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Good game by BH wasn't much of a game though. I guess we will wait to find out who we get lets just hope Kirbyville so we can give them a little pay back for last year.

Mr.EagleToYou
11-12-2005, 12:19 PM
I tell you what, if we had last years defense with this years offense, we might go all the way. I am worried about our D. Our DEs were getting blown off the line and our LBs are too small for my liking. [don't get me wrong, they hustle to the ball and play hard, but we dont have a John Sproat, Jordan Byrd, Jared Dolan. or Louis Duncan-type, punishing, dominating presence out there on D] Our D-line as usual is light and quick. They penetrate but seldom wrap up anybody in the backfield. We have a hard time defending teams running right at us. And it is says something about our D that both Pattons and Mason have to go both ways.

Maybe we can get just enough stops for the offense to outscore the opponent all the way to state but I am a little worried about this being a state championship-type D.

HillBoy
11-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Mr.EagleToYou
I tell you what, if we had last years defense with this years offense, we might go all the way. I am worried about our D. Our DEs were getting blown off the line and our LBs are too small for my liking. [don't get me wrong, they hustle to the ball and play hard, but we dont have a John Sproat, Jordan Byrd, Jared Dolan. or Louis Duncan-type, punishing, dominating presence out there on D] Our D-line as usual is light and quick. They penetrate but seldom wrap up anybody in the backfield. We have a hard time defending teams running right at us. And it is says something about our D that both Pattons and Mason have to go both ways.

Maybe we can get just enough stops for the offense to outscore the opponent all the way to state but I am a little worried about this being a state championship-type D.

I think our D will be fine we have good linebackers they are just young. I think both our DE's are junior and this is Cox's first year to play at that position. We have big DE's compared to last year and they have done a great job but I did see them getting blocked alot last night and that hasn't happend much this year. I guess HJ had a good line. I think Joe Sexton is playing really hard and does a great job at linebacker. He is going to be a big time player in the next couple years as well. The one thing that stuck out in my mind last night was that their were alot of open recievers. HJ's receivers just never got a good ball thrown to them or just dropped it. I think a team with a good line and a good QB could give us some promblems.

Mr.EagleToYou
11-12-2005, 02:03 PM
I agree for the most part and Im not naming names. My point is that we dont have that one helmet-eating leader on D out there this year like we have in the past. If we did we'd go all the way. And sometimes risky play calling makes us more susceptible to a turnover. Those two weaknesses may hold us back but I hope not. When you gripe after putting up 56 points, thats pretty sad isnt it. Just looking ahead at how tougher opponents might take advantage of us if our D doesnt get better and the play calling isnt a little smarter.