PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Hondo Owls

SintonFan
11-11-2005, 11:07 PM
What a great game and hard-fought victory!
I'll be rooting for you guys to go far in the playoffs.:)
To my Pirates, thanks for a great season that most towns would envy and I wish you seniors great success. Thanks for a wonderful year guys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-11-2005, 11:23 PM
:doh: Darn! The pirates lost!!! Good season, Sinton. I was hoping to see a Hidalgo/Sinton matchup, but guess it wasn't meant to be.

Good season, Pirates.

CheerMom
11-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Wow!! I'm in shock, I thought Sinton has this one in the bag. Great year guys!!

Bandera YaYa
11-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Congrats Owls! I had a feeling this game was gonna come out with you on top. And congrats to the Sinton Pirates for making the playoffs...you had a good season. Hondo, just take one game at a time, never give up......let's go get the next one, too!!! WAY TO GO BOOSTY !!! I KNOW YOU ARE PROUD!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
11-11-2005, 11:33 PM
Congratulations Hondo....You are from Gods Country....So next time I pass your way, I will not drive through like hel!

Seriously, I have always liked that sign....good luck in the playoffs!:D

intocable_cowboy
11-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Congrats Hondo, keep representing 29AAA as good as you did today. Sinton, good job on a good season.

Bandera YaYa
11-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Who do ya'll play next.....might try and catch it!! :thinking:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Hondo Owls vs. Hidalgo Pirates

Site and time TBD

Hidalgo is in Port Isabel's district 32-3A.

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Hondo Owls vs. Hidalgo Pirates

Site and time TBD

Hidalgo is in Port Isabel's district 32-3A. Ohhhhhh....well it'll prob be down there somewhere.....dang. Thanks for the info!

pirate4state
11-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Yes, congrats to the Hondo Owls!!! :clap: What a great game!! You came out and executed and took care of business. I'm sad for our seniors, but know that they will survive!! :thumbsup: A bitter pill to have to swallow so early, but thems the breaks. :(

To the Sinton Pirates thanks for giving the fans another winning season and for all your effort. To the coaches & their families thanks for your time, guidance & dedication!!! :clap:

htowntransplant
11-12-2005, 12:14 AM
what bothers me about the sinton loss was that the playcalling in the second half was horrendous. in the first half, they ran burk on streak routes the whole time and hit him nearly every time, but then in the second half, they started more of a timing based passing game...

when u have burk out there with that speed, there should be no reason to not throw him deep balls every time, especially seeing as how he manhandled his defender every time (i must say that he got away with an offensive pass interference on the TD catch).

it was surprising that the defense performed the way they did. i mean, they were allowing big TE's to run behind them right up the center of the field.

...but yeah, poor playcalling in the second half is what was the undoing of the pirates, but i gotta say it was a hell of an effort. the offensive line gets an A+ for their effort, and i thought ramirez was pretty good, moreso in the first half.

now its time to go route for my lamar cons. mustangs!

pirate4state
11-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
what bothers me about the sinton loss was that the playcalling in the second half was horrendous. in the first half, they ran burk on streak routes the whole time and hit him nearly every time, but then in the second half, they started more of a timing based passing game...

when u have burk out there with that speed, there should be no reason to not throw him deep balls every time, especially seeing as how he manhandled his defender every time (i must say that he got away with an offensive pass interference on the TD catch).

it was surprising that the defense performed the way they did. i mean, they were allowing big TE's to run behind them right up the center of the field.

...but yeah, poor playcalling in the second half is what was the undoing of the pirates, but i gotta say it was a hell of an effort. the offensive line gets an A+ for their effort, and i thought ramirez was pretty good, moreso in the first half.

now its time to go route for my lamar cons. mustangs!

this is a thread to congratulate the Hondo Owls, not to diss the Sinton coaches!!! :mad: :hand: If you can do better than I hope you are in school to become a coach!!

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
this is a thread to congratulate the Hondo Owls, not to diss the Sinton coaches!!! :mad: :hand: If you can do better than I hope you are in school to become a coach!! Whoa.......since when can't someone post what they THINK happened?? :eek: :eek: :eek: [COLOR=deeppink]

AP Panther Fan
11-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Whoa.......since when can't someone post what they THINK happened?? :eek: :eek: :eek: [COLOR=deeppink]

I doubt she disagrees with him...just stating that we should do it on another thread....since this is to congratulate HONDO.... ;) :D

SintonFan
11-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Whoa.......since when can't someone post what they THINK happened?? :eek: :eek: :eek: [COLOR=deeppink]
Let it go YaYa. Please leave us to mourn alone...

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Since I'm not speaking to SintonFan, will someone tell him that his team had a very respectable season and that many teams would have loved to have made the playoffs. Thank you for your trouble. :D

PhiI C
11-12-2005, 12:40 AM
Thank you Sinton Pirates for a great season! Congratulations to Hondo and good luck the rest of the year. That No. 7 QB is good and cool under pressure and No. 25 is dangerous when he goes out to catch the ball. Boosty played an outstanding game even though he probably won't get the accolades of the other players but I would sure would want him on my side in a fight. Good luck against Hidalgo.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2005, 12:43 AM
great game by both teams, very exciting game . The better team definatly won this game, hondo show some real good speed, will just need to improve on not giving up the big plays, and they might just suprise the rest of region 4 teams. Good Luck next week.

44INAROW
11-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
To my Pirates, thanks for a great season that most towns would envy and I wish you seniors great success. Thanks for a wonderful year guys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Class act :clap: :clap:

Sorry bout the loss Pirates....... I'm sure you'll regroup and be ready for next season..... :)

sinton66
11-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

My sentiments exactly. Congrats Boosty.

footballgal
11-12-2005, 01:39 AM
Wow! :eek: What??? Sorry to hear about the loss, Sinton.

btw, congrats to Hondo, they will be playing 32-AAA runner up, Hidalgo Pirates, oh another Pirate team.

micu98
11-12-2005, 01:43 AM
Congrats to Hondo. Looks like the 2 tough teams from 29-3a are still in it.
Go DEVINE and HONDO

micu98
11-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Any one have stats on how hondo's rb werner did?

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2005, 01:46 AM
Yah...GO DEVINE AND HONDO!! MAKE THE NEIGHBORHOOD PROUD!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

bjrod9
11-12-2005, 02:09 AM
Wow! What a game, just getting back from Corpus, it was pandamonium on Hondo's side, just great football action from both teams.
1st half was a track meet. Just a Big play ball game.

Good game, boosty

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2005, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by bjrod9
Wow! What a game, just getting back from Corpus, it was pandamonium on Hondo's side, just great football action from both teams.
1st half was a track meet. Just a Big play ball game.

Good game, boosty I bet it was!!! Congrats and go get Round 2 !!! :clap:

Maroon87
11-12-2005, 02:52 AM
Well Sinton fans, what did you expect? Ya'll played at Tuloso-Midway. The home team never wins there.:p :D :cool:

On a serious note, you guys had a great season and I know ya'll will be back next year. Congrats to Hondo on a big win!:)

RoTex4Life
11-12-2005, 02:55 AM
does this actually make me look smart since i said sinton wouldnt go far in the playoffs:thinking:

htowntransplant
11-12-2005, 09:34 AM
yeah yall are right everyone. my apologies. congrats to hondo. it was definitely a well earned win. they did everything well: ran, threw, and made enough plays on defense to get it done. super job to both teams...

...and sorry about my previous post

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2005, 10:59 AM
its looking like the valley teams and Devine, hondo dristrict no pushover this year. Hondo beat a very good Sinton Team that could score quick on big plays, was really impress on how the coaching adjusted in the second half and kept sinton from making big plays. also impress by ro tex:D he really be smart if LH loses sometime soon.

RoTex4Life
11-12-2005, 11:05 AM
lol...nah i dont see liberty hill playing anyone good until a possible matchup with cuero...that is if we both win our games..

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
also impress by ro tex:D he really be smart if LH loses sometime soon.

:hand: Nah, it'd take more than that. :p ;) j/k ro_tex.

RoTex4Life
11-12-2005, 11:25 AM
why would u say such a thing lh panther mom....i wouldnt really say that i have had hatred for sinton the whole year...i have just been stating ALL YEAR LONG that they were over rated and etc. everyone said i was dumb but u gotta think if franco was still there they would have been a better team...i knew without franco sinton wasnt doin anything

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by RoTex4Life
why would u say such a thing lh panther mom....i wouldnt really say that i have had hatred for sinton the whole year...i have just been stating ALL YEAR LONG that they were over rated and etc. everyone said i was dumb but u gotta think if franco was still there they would have been a better team...i knew without franco sinton wasnt doin anything

I've NEVER said you were dumb. :)

CueroGobblers
11-12-2005, 01:57 PM
HEY SINTON DIDN'T I SAY THAT YOU GUYS WERE GOING TO LOSE THIS GAME?? I HIT IT RIGHT ON THE MONEY. I KNEW IT!!!!I KNEW IT!!!! THAT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U JUST DEPEND ON ONE PERSONE DANILE R. THAT HE IS ALL THIS AND THAT. F---D THAT THATS WHAT YALL GET. I'M SORRY TO SAY IT THAT WAY BUT HONDO WAS DUE. I KNOW THAT THEY HAD A GOOD TEAM WHEN THEY PLAYED MATHIS AND LOST IN KINGSVILLE BACK IN 2000 I THINK. HONDO WASN'T GOING TO LET THIS ONE GET BY THEM ESPECIALLY FROM A TEAM THAT DOESN'T REALLY HAVE A RUNNING GAME. GOOD JOB HONDO AND THE COACHES FOR TAKING SINTON OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. GREAT JOB.

AS FOR US, WE WON!!!! GIT R DONE!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
I HIT IT RIGHT ON THE MONEY. I KNEW IT!!!!I KNEW IT!!!! I KNOW THAT THEY HAD A GOOD TEAM WHEN THEY PLAYED MATHIS AND LOST IN KINGSVILLE BACK IN 2000 I THINK.

u know the numbers to MegaMillions for Tuesday so the whole downlow can split the winnings:rolleyes: So Sinton played the Hondo team from 2000, thats why they look pretty darn good they been playing together for 5 years now:D

District303aPastPlayer
11-12-2005, 02:27 PM
THAT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U JUST DEPEND ON ONE PERSONE DANILE R. THAT HE IS ALL THIS AND THAT. F---D THAT THATS WHAT YALL GET.

from the outside thats what it looks like... trust me, its not. . .

Bullaholic
11-12-2005, 02:32 PM
HEY SINTON DIDN'T I SAY THAT YOU GUYS WERE GOING TO LOSE THIS GAME?? I HIT IT RIGHT ON THE MONEY. I KNEW IT!!!!I KNEW IT!!!! THAT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U JUST DEPEND ON ONE PERSONE DANILE R. THAT HE IS ALL THIS AND THAT. F---D THAT THATS WHAT YALL GET. I'M SORRY TO SAY IT THAT WAY BUT HONDO WAS DUE. I KNOW THAT THEY HAD A GOOD TEAM WHEN THEY PLAYED MATHIS AND LOST IN KINGSVILLE BACK IN 2000 I THINK. HONDO WASN'T GOING TO LET THIS ONE GET BY THEM ESPECIALLY FROM A TEAM THAT DOESN'T REALLY HAVE A RUNNING GAME. GOOD JOB HONDO AND THE COACHES FOR TAKING SINTON OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. GREAT JOB.

AS FOR US, WE WON!!!! GIT R DONE!!!!

Don't forget to take your helmet off, face the stands, and point at your number. ;)

swarm
11-12-2005, 02:35 PM
intown a lot of people do not know is that Burk was playing with a pulled groin . He was about 70%. So before you start blashing play calling get the facts. You are just another arm chair QB that thinks they can call a good game .

District303aPastPlayer
11-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by swarm
intown a lot of people do not know is that Burk was playing with a pulled groin . He was about 70%. So before you start blashing play calling get the facts. You are just another arm chair QB that thinks they can call a good game .

i knew that. i also know that there werent too many happy football players after thursday night...

Bullaholic
11-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Congrats to the Sinton Pirates on yet another great season. Your winning tradition speaks for itself---and you have added another playoff season to that impressive record. Best of luck next season.

sinton66
11-12-2005, 02:39 PM
In the end, it was the two turnovers and the penalties that killed us. You just can't afford to do that in the playoffs. A tipped int can happen to anybody. An untimely fumble can happen to anybody. Untimely penalties can happen to anybody. But, when you get all three in a playoff game, it's unlikely you will win.

This game didn't work out the way we wanted, but this isn't the place to be playing the "blame game".

Bullaholic
11-12-2005, 03:01 PM
66'---If the Bulls continued to play Comanche like they did in the first half last night, they would be out of the playoffs, too. Our center snapped 4 snaps in the first 2 possessions over the QB's head resulting in fumbles. The "O" line blocked no one and the offense struggled the whole half. My heart goes out to the Pirates---it can happen to the best of teams on the wrong night. Congrats to Hondo for having a good enough team to capitilize on the "breaks".

sinton66
11-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
66'---If the Bulls continued to play Comanche like they did in the first half last night, they would be out of the playoffs, too. Our center snapped 4 snaps in the first 2 possessions over the QB's head resulting in fumbles. The "O" line blocked no one and the offense struggled the whole half. My heart goes out to the Pirates---it can happen to the best of teams on the wrong night. Congrats to Hondo for having a good enough team to capitilize on the "breaks".

Yes, I know what you mean. We had a couple of errant snaps too. And you are correct, it can happen to the best of teams on a given night. Good luck to the Bulls, I'm pulling for yall.

Buccaneer
11-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i knew that. i also know that there werent too many happy football players after thursday night...

And why were they unhappy?

Boosty_Hondo
11-13-2005, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Thank you Sinton Pirates for a great season! Congratulations to Hondo and good luck the rest of the year. That No. 7 QB is good and cool under pressure and No. 25 is dangerous when he goes out to catch the ball. Boosty played an outstanding game even though he probably won't get the accolades of the other players but I would sure would want him on my side in a fight. Good luck against Hidalgo.

thanks Phil it was one heck of a game and those have to be the toughest deffensive ends i have gone against all year i give them props and another thing sinton lost with class they wernt talking crap on the field they were helping our players up when we fell down and vise versa and there was pretty much no crap talked on the field it was a good clean hard hitting fun game congrats on a great season Sinton good luck next year

piratebg
11-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
thanks Phil it was one heck of a game and those have to be the toughest deffensive ends i have gone against all year i give them props and another thing sinton lost with class they wernt talking crap on the field they were helping our players up when we fell down and vise versa and there was pretty much no crap talked on the field it was a good clean hard hitting fun game congrats on a great season Sinton good luck next year

It sounded like a close game on the webcast. I wish I could have made it but oh well there is always next wee.........season. Congrats on the win Boosty and good luck with the rest of the season. It is nice to hear of good sportsmanship from both teams.

SINTON81
11-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C

Congrat's to Hondo. You are right on every point Phil.

And Boosty, sorry but I forgot all about you Boosty. I didn't even remeber you were on the team. I wished I would have bought a program, and then maybe I would have remembered to look out for you. Any way's good job.:cool: :cool:

Stretch04
11-14-2005, 11:05 AM
TTT

LogieJoeBean001
11-14-2005, 11:34 AM

I found, in more ways than one, that you can't speak your mind, cause then people will start thinking you're a suicidal maniac that is so unstable that you would want to throw yourself off of your pressbox...

...and heaven forbid questioning anything to do with the officials or coaches....or even wondering about it....

Congratulations are certainly in order and extended to Hondo...:) :) :)