PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Snyder

sweetwater07
11-11-2005, 10:59 PM
wow it really hurts to say that there are only two teams left from 4-3A...would have loved to see another snyder sweetwater match up...but hey good luck in basketball season snyder!!

THE BEAR
11-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Hat's off to Snyder. Thanks for the good game.

Mustangpride09
11-11-2005, 11:58 PM
i still cant believe it..... well. monahans you earned my respect and i now will see you as a threat.

westtxfballfan
11-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
i still cant believe it..... well. monahans you earned my respect and i now will see you as a threat.

Mustangpride09, Ask some of the older Sweetwater folks about the great games Sweetwater and Monahans used to play and this Monahans win may not surprise you so much. Monahans and Sweetwater played some good ones and had a Sweetwater/Snyder-like district rivalry back then when both teams were in the same 4A district. (The year Sweetwater won state in '85, they blew out everyone but Monahans; when your 'stangs came back from a 10-0 deficit to win 14-10 right at the end. That's closer than the state runner-ups played 'em.) Looks like we might get to see a Sweetwater/Monahans playoff game in a few weeks if both teams take care of business between now and then. Good luck to the Mustangs til then.

I Bleed Red08
11-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Mustangpride09, Ask some of the older Sweetwater folks about the great games Sweetwater and Monahans used to play and this Monahans win may not surprise you so much. Monahans and Sweetwater played some good ones and had a Sweetwater/Snyder-like district rivalry back then when both teams were in the same 4A district. (The year Sweetwater won state in '85, they blew out everyone but Monahans; when your 'stangs came back from a 10-0 deficit to win 14-10 right at the end. That's closer than the state runner-ups played 'em.) Looks like we might get to see a Sweetwater/Monahans playoff game in a few weeks if both teams take care of business between now and then. Good luck to the Mustangs til then. it will be a great game if it happens

S-Town Tiger
11-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Good game, don't underestimate Monahans like I did.... ne wayz Sweetwater yall go all the way and bring home that State Title for 4-3a, we'll be wearin some red now!!! Go stangs.

lobo12
11-12-2005, 01:23 AM
great game tonight,, my hat goes off to the tigers they have a great team and its a shame these two had to meet in the first round.....but i guess the no tradition, weak scheduled, never seen a defense like snyder's loboes came to play and raised some heads....in all seriousness great job tigers they played with heart......good job to the seniors on that team they have made two great playoff runs for the school and it is hard to take those pads off for the last time.....once again GREAT JOB BOTH SCHOOLS

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Good job, Loboes! :clap:

panther power
11-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Good game to both programs.....but there can only be one winner, and it was the loboes out of 3-3A

donjuan
11-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Wow! What a difference a year makes. Hats off to the Lobo coaching staff and the players. Coach Owens is a good head coach and he has put together one of the better coaching staffs around. Hats off to the new offseason program started last year. The kids look and move a lot differently this year. Hats off to the offensive staff and running the wing t. They look like the Loboes of old. Hats off to the defensive staff. They are aggressive and hit like crazy. Keep up the good work coaching staff and us Lobo fans plan to make the long trip to Plainveiw Friday. Go Loboes!

Who?
11-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by donjuan
Wow! What a difference a year makes. Hats off to the Lobo coaching staff and the players. Coach Owens is a good head coach and he has put together one of the better coaching staffs around. Hats off to the new offseason program started last year. The kids look and move a lot differently this year. Hats off to the offensive staff and running the wing t. They look like the Loboes of old. Hats off to the defensive staff. They are aggressive and hit like crazy. Keep up the good work coaching staff and us Lobo fans plan to make the long trip to Plainveiw Friday. Go Loboes!

:( I only have one hat :(

RoTex4Life
11-12-2005, 07:08 PM
well look at it this way...sinton and snyder will be ahead of the other schools in basketball since they might be starting soon:D

zeus63
11-12-2005, 09:04 PM
just like everyone said. 2 great teams going at it, just like it should be in the playoffs. Could have gone either way. Great jobs by both teams.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-13-2005, 12:36 AM
I saw the game tonight, and it hurt even more! It looked like the two teams were very evenly matched. Seems like the kick return really helped Monahans momentum and deflated the Tigers. Good luck Lobos in the upcoming games, you played hard and deserve the win. I believe (assuming the rumors about s-water are not true) that you'll be playing Sweetwater in the Quarters....you better work on that run defense.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by S-Town Tiger
Good game, don't underestimate Monahans like I did.... ne wayz Sweetwater yall go all the way and bring home that State Title for 4-3a, we'll be wearin some red now!!! Go stangs.

I damn sure won't be wearing red, but I'll be supporting the stangs.