PDA

View Full Version : Turnovers can Kill you!

Old Cardinal
07-04-2002, 06:53 PM
I always look first at the number of turnovers in a game as a major factor in the outcome. When you turn over the ball- via fumble, intersception, failure to convert a 3rd down-that can have a tremendous effect on the final outcome. Example: You fumble three times....that puts your Defense on the field for way too much of the time, and they just might score. Secondly, you no longer develop rushing and passing stats during that lapse of time. Through the years, I have heard folks, harp on the stats of a given game when the team with the low overall stats had a very productive offense, that was on the sideline because of fumbles. If you take this approach to analyzing a given game, it becomes apparent how important it is to maintain the ball and keep momentum on Offense. The same losing team controlling turnover might well upset another team that has the fumbles on another night. What secrets have you noticed that really effect the outcome of what could have been a closer ballgame?

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited July 04, 2002).]

Matthew328
07-04-2002, 07:50 PM
I think penalties can also turn a close game into a rout...for instance when you score a TD and gets called back it is a killer...or when you have a team 3rd and long and you stop them but they getta another shot due to an offsides or something like that...