PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Vs. Greenwood a friendly rivalry if theres such a thing

jmcgee
11-11-2005, 05:06 AM
Its not a normal hate rivalry. I think most will agree with me on this.

3afan
11-11-2005, 06:35 AM
how often does greenwood & sweetwater play? did they used to be in the same district?

sweetwater07
11-11-2005, 07:38 AM
some were not too friendly when i was walking out to my car last night!!

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Never been in the same district but have played atleast once a year since 2001 that i know of.

Ranger Mom
11-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
some were not too friendly when i was walking out to my car last night!!

Yeah...there's usually an idiot in every crowd. For the most part though, they show mutual respect for each other!

Heck, Mustang04 sat with me, Jason and mwynn05 on the Greenwood side. Mustang04 was cheering for Sweetwater, of course....he just didn't very loudly!!:D

SnyTigBaseB07
11-11-2005, 09:51 AM
A friendly rivalry, no such thing.

Stownhorse
11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
A friendly rivalry, no such thing.

Who are you to say that.....Your from Snyder, our biggest HATE rival.

SnyTigBaseB07
11-11-2005, 10:09 AM
exactly there is no such thing as a "friendly" rivalry, if they're your rival you want to beat them.

WitchyWoman
11-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Nice game Sweetwater, we look forward to seeing ya'll!!!:D

Stownhorse
11-11-2005, 10:10 AM
exactly there is no such thing as a "friendly" rivalry, if they're your rival you want to beat them.

I guess everyone is our rival, because WE want to beat everybody....

Ranger Mom
11-11-2005, 10:13 AM

I'm too tired for this today!

Yeah...Greenwood wanted to beat Sweetwater, Sweetwater wanted to beat Greenwood....but when it was all said and done - they shook hands, some hugged, back slaps all around.....and mutual RESPECT for each other's program.

In other words....they left it all on the field!

GO SWEETWATER!! (I am now officially on that bandwagon)!!

Stownhorse
11-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Yeah...Greenwood wanted to beat Sweetwater, Sweetwater wanted to beat Greenwood....but when it was all said and done - they shook hands, some hugged, back slaps all around.....and mutual RESPECT for each other's program.

Go Ranger Mom!

jmcgee
11-11-2005, 10:19 AM
We're about to kick some aim and take some @$$ we have RM now. Thnks RM for the support

SnyTigBaseB07
11-11-2005, 10:21 AM

see Rm, what i'm saying is that if you're a rival, you want to win. Now, theres a difference between that and not having respect. Im sure that every team has atleast a little respect for the other.
I.e Snyder has respect for S'water.

DaHop72
11-11-2005, 10:21 AM

GO SWEETWATER!! (I am now officially on that bandwagon)!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Ranger Mom
11-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Why the sad face??

I have never hidden the fact that I am a "closet Sweetwater fan"!!

Huh...Black Magic???:D ;)

jmcgee
11-11-2005, 10:28 AM
see Rm, what i'm saying is that if you're a rival, you want to win. Now, theres a difference between that and not having respect. Im sure that every team has atleast a little respect for the other.
I.e Snyder has respect for S'water. We have respect for Snyder but we hate doin it. So there are hate and friendly rivalries.

DaHop72
11-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Why the sad face??

I have never hidden the fact that I am a "closet Sweetwater fan"!!

Huh...Black Magic???:D ;)
Heck Mom, I'm an alumni of Sweetwater myself, just lived in Snyder forever, have a son in school and a wife who used to teach at the high school. So, I might be the ultimate closet fan myself.:)

WitchyWoman
11-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Heck Mom, I'm an alumni of Sweetwater myself, just lived in Snyder forever, have a son in school and a wife who used to teach at the high school. So, I might be the ultimate closet fan myself.:)

QUIT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

SnyderMom
11-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
QUIT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

NO KIDDING, who ya'll gonna cheer for when we play each other??? lol

Gonna have to buy RM a half red/white half black/gold tee-shirt...with red white black and gold plaid pants!!

You'll be a Tigstang!!! or maybe a Musger??? lol

DaHop72
11-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SnyderMom

Gonna have to buy RM a half red/white half black/gold tee-shirt...with red white black and gold plaid pants!!

Well, last year I sat on the West side at Big Spring so go figure.:D :D

Ranger Mom
11-11-2005, 11:10 AM

ROFLMAO!!

If you make me wear those pants I won't be on NOBODY'S bandwagon!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Black_Magic
11-11-2005, 11:10 AM

Heritic! That is Herasy!! Blasfomy!!
You must go listen to Eye of the Tiger 10 times and write I hate the Mustangs 100 times!! for forgivness

DaHop72
11-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
You must go listen to Eye of the Tiger 10 times and write I hate the Mustangs 100 times!! for forgivness
Or not.

sWaterislife
11-11-2005, 11:17 AM
The term rivals and ARCH rivals is what we're talkign about....

If your an ARCH Rival.. Means we hate your guts and love to beat the snot out of ya..lol... I.E. SNYDER.. Respect maybe..jk

A rival to me is really greenwood... They've put some numbers in our loss column and ended some good playoff runs... and We love to do the same when we get the chance for them.. But after the game nobody is bitter or trash talkign afterwards.. Like mom said ..it's left on the field..

NOW SNYDER>.. We dont leave it at the field.. It's in everything .. Like one snyder guy put it.. We're Breed To hate the other..lol... respect is given when both talent pools are close the same... We know they can beat us and we can beat them on any given game day... We've had this feud with snyder for a LONG TIME even back in the 4A years...

Wylie would be a close 2nd... Just not that much history yet... Getting there though...

SnyderMom
11-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

LMAO!!! Yes sir....:rolleyes:

I'm trying to get some Tiger blood in her...don't want her fully jumpin on the 'Stang wagon!!!

Ranger Mom
11-11-2005, 12:22 PM
LMAO!!! Yes sir....:rolleyes:

I'm trying to get some Tiger blood in her...don't want her fully jumpin on the 'Stang wagon!!!

Old habits die hard I guess!:D

I guess I really became a Sweetwater fan when they came over and watched AND sat on the Merkel side of the field when Greenwood played them.

Mustang04, TheDOCTORdre, sweetH20forlife, and several others not only came and sat on the Greenwood side, they also bought Greenwood shirts and wore them.

As a matter of fact, one of those kids from Sweetwater was wearing a Greenwood cap at the Snyder/Sweetwater game last year in Big Spring. When I asked him about it, he said...."this is my favorite cap"!!

Oh...and it doesn't hurt that Mustang04 tells me that he thinks I'm hott!!;) :p

So I guess what it boils down too is...I was flattered into being a mustang fan!!

:D :D :D

Curly
11-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Resist the dark side mom
evil is Black
good is White
Red and White that is

jmcgee
11-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Use the force RM

SnyTigBaseB07
11-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Curly
Resist the dark side mom
evil is Black
good is White
Red and White that is

haha nice. :D

But RM, ya when Snyder S'water plays, what are ya gonna do.....lol sit in the middle.

eagles_victory
11-11-2005, 12:32 PM

GO SWEETWATER!! (I am now officially on that bandwagon)!! Bandwagon jumpers thats enough to drive anyone crazy :D

Ranger Mom
11-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Bandwagon jumpers thats enough to drive anyone crazy :D

:hand: Oh don't even start it.......I will deal with you, right after my nap!! ;)

WitchyWoman
11-11-2005, 12:43 PM
RM did you get the post about the meet/greet for Sny/Mon games

Ranger Mom
11-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
RM did you get the post about the meet/greet for Sny/Mon games

HUH????:confused: :confused:

I swear, I am NOT all here today!!

WitchyWoman
11-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Check Sny/Mon/Wyl/Sem meet and greet thread... :)