PDA

View Full Version : Palestine vs. WO-S/Huffman Winner

wos fan1
11-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Palestine will face WOS/Huffman winner next Friday in Lufkin.

Gobbla2001
11-10-2005, 11:22 PM
My favorite Region 3 team is WO-S, so I hope they end up playing Palestine...

texasjeremy
11-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Palestine/WOS would be a classic, 2 of the better teams in the state meeting in the 2nd round, but WOS still has some business to tend to first.

shankbear
11-10-2005, 11:26 PM
WO don't snooze at the trigger against Huffman. We want to see this Palestine/WO matchup.

Hupernikomen
11-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Palestine/WOS would be a classic, 2 of the better teams in the state meeting in the 2nd round, but WOS still has some business to tend to first.

Hasn't been alot of talk about Palenstine being one of the best teams in the state this year as it was last couple of years. That always makes for a dangerous situation for others. Palenstine might just thrive without some of the hype they have experienced in the past.

texasjeremy
11-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Hasn't been alot of talk about Palenstine being one of the best teams in the state this year as it was last couple of years. That always makes for a dangerous situation for others. Palenstine might just thrive without some of the hype they have experienced in the past.

What hype has Palestine had in the past? They didn't get much respect last year and ended up winning region 3. Mathew on this board even picked Palestine 4th in their own district last year in the preseason.

Hupernikomen
11-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
WO don't snooze at the trigger against Huffman. We want to see this Palestine/WO matchup.

Just so you know Shank it is WO-S. The people in that area would be quick to point out that their school consolidated in the 80's to form WO-S out of what was WO and Stark High schools.

:D :D

I agree it would be a great matchup.

wos fan1
11-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Palestine has a very good Offense but problems on Defense. We have to take care of Huffman first Saturday.

shankbear
11-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Huper...duh. I went to WO and old habits are hard to break.

WOS1
11-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Don't worry shank, it all works.:D

Hupernikomen
11-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Huper...duh. I went to WO and old habits are hard to break.

Well those Stark people deserve some credit for you excellent football program too. I mean people from LCM don' t call their team LC or people from PNG don't call their team PN.. he he. Just giving you a hard time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Palenstine was very well thought of a couple years ago and last year they certainly were spoken of a lot more than they have been mentioned this year.

Jody
11-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Another suprisingly weak team for WOS to face. Darn shame in my books.

shankbear
11-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Rock to Jody....Rock to Jody....please crawl back under me.

wos fan1
11-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Another suprisingly weak team for WOS to face. Darn shame in my books. Weak team?? BH plays Hardin Jefferson, come on.

texasjeremy
11-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Well those Stark people deserve some credit for you excellent football program too. I mean people from LCM don' t call their team LC or people from PNG don't call their team PN.. he he. Just giving you a hard time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Palenstine was very well thought of a couple years ago and last year they certainly were spoken of a lot more than they have been mentioned this year.

Palestine wasn't spoken much of last year, until they blew out their first 3 playoff opponents.

Jody
11-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Palestine wasn't spoken much of last year, until they blew out their first 3 playoff opponents.

They were much better last year......I did not overlook them. Beings they just got hammered by Silsbee, I stand by my "weak team" comment. I mean really, Silsbee?

Go Huffman.

Jody
11-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Weak team?? BH plays Hardin Jefferson, come on.

If WOS Huffman had lost like they were suposed to, then we could have played WOS......sucks....I know.

This Div-II is going to be a tough road again this year after a game or two.

eagle2
11-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I have seen Palestine and I have seen WOS. Palestine isn't even in the same league as WOS. If Palestine gave up 42 to Silsbee then the sky is the limit for WOS. Beasley will have an all-american night in my view.

WOS92
11-11-2005, 09:59 AM
WO-S isn't even in the game yet. One at a time, please...

shankbear
11-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Forecast has about a 30% chance of Tstorms at gametime Saturday. That would stink. Hope the weather holds.

wos fan1
11-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Windy to. 1 game at a time. I just want to bust Huffman in the mouth early in the game. We'll talk Palestine after Saturday.

shankbear
11-11-2005, 10:50 AM
True WOSFAN 1, can't win it on a discussion board. No ifs, ands or buts, no coulda, shoulda, woulda stuff. Take care of bidness on the turf tomorrow and then...........

j_dog
11-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Just so you know Shank it is WO-S. The people in that area would be quick to point out that their school consolidated in the 80's to form WO-S out of what was WO and Stark High schools.

:D :D

I agree it would be a great matchup.
I think he is a WO guy! :p

shankbear
11-11-2005, 11:02 AM
j_dog, you know me too well. I am OLD SCHOOL. The Chiefs. The purple and white. Good memories.

GUNHO
11-11-2005, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hupernikomen
[B]Well those Stark people deserve some credit for you excellent football program too. I mean people from LCM don' t call their team LC or people from PNG don't call their team PN.. he he. Just giving you a hard time.

Thank you Huper.Us old Orange Tigers feel we have had a lot to do with the success at W0-S but on the other hand so has W0.
It took both.

shankbear
11-11-2005, 11:13 AM
I never meant any slap at my cross-town Tiger friends. Some of my best buds were at Stark and frankly I miss a bunch of them. Yup, it is WO-S and I will try to be more sensitive. Anybody ever hear from John Crew?

Rhonda
11-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Yes WOS Fan1 you better "bust" us in the mouth early because last year can't be far from your mind!

shankbear
11-11-2005, 11:21 AM
A new character enters the scene. Is she Rhonda from the Huffman board?

GUNHO
11-11-2005, 11:22 AM
I never meant any slap at my cross-town Tiger friends. Some of my best buds were at Stark and frankly I miss a bunch of them. Yup, it is WO-S and I will try to be more sensitive. Anybody ever hear from John Crew?

Never took it that way.It's:cool:

GUNHO
11-11-2005, 11:24 AM
A new character enters the scene. Is she Rhonda from the Huffman board?
The one and only.

shankbear
11-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Cool deal GUNHO. The memorial thing on Green Avenue is pretty cool with so many Tigers buying blocks. That Orange and Black is awesome.

Tiger90
11-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Jody
They were much better last year......I did not overlook them. Beings they just got hammered by Silsbee, I stand by my "weak team" comment. I mean really, Silsbee?

Go Huffman.

Surely you are not the ignorant. Last night's game was great. Palestine has some good wins under their belt this year. It is amazing to see how great Huffman has become from 1 mere upset playoff win LAST SEASON.

Rhonda
11-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Oh, I guess someones been reading the Huffman site? Heard about this one and wanted to see what really was being said about this game. Everyone is thinking the same thing huh? WOS? No big surprise. I have a son who plays so I'm a little "invested" in this game so to speak. We're excited to be in the play-offs again this year and sure we hope to win. I'm not wanting our season to end Saturday...love watching my son play too much. But if it does end Saturday...it was fun while it lastest.

shankbear
11-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Welcome Rhonda. This will be a war. Revenge is on the minds and hearts of the Stangs. A repeat is on the minds of the Falcons. No turning back now.

GUNHO
11-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Rhonda
Oh, I guess someones been reading the Huffman site? Heard about this one and wanted to see what really was being said about this game. Everyone is thinking the same thing huh? WOS? No big surprise. I have a son who plays so I'm a little "invested" in this game so to speak. We're excited to be in the play-offs again this year and sure we hope to win. I'm not wanting our season to end Saturday...love watching my son play too much. But if it does end Saturday...it was fun while it lastest.

Well I can't wish yall luck Rhonda but do hope for an injury free game for your son and his team.

GS#17
11-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Rhonda, I've had a chance to meet some of the Huffman fans, and they've all been really nice folk. Huffman's got a lot of heart, great coaching, and talented players -- it should be a great game!

etbu
11-11-2005, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GS#17
Rhonda, I've had a chance to meet some of the Huffman fans, and they've all been really nice folk. Huffman's got a lot of heart, great coaching, and talented players -- it should be a great game! [/QUOTE\

Thanks Gs17 for covering Rhonda. Good women and great son that plays for us.

Rhonda
11-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks. I guess I should have picked a different name so I could smack talk (just kidding). Most of the Seniors have been playing together since 7th grade and this being their last year of high school football is so sad for me. My son and I have a great love of football and it's one thing that we can sit and talk about for hours. I will miss that the most! I know...weep, weep. But it's true. You will be hard pressed to find a more proud mom!

GS#17
11-11-2005, 12:00 PM
You certainly have a lot to be proud of, as does he -- he's put forth a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to play this game, and it's wonderful that he has so much support from the community, his friends, and his family.

BlueBlood
11-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Rhonda
Thanks. I guess I should have picked a different name so I could smack talk (just kidding). Most of the Seniors have been playing together since 7th grade and this being their last year of high school football is so sad for me. My son and I have a great love of football and it's one thing that we can sit and talk about for hours. I will miss that the most! I know...weep, weep. But it's true. You will be hard pressed to find a more proud mom!

I would say it is one of the best classes ever for Huffman (not just football but the other sports also). At least since I can remember.

eagle2
11-11-2005, 12:55 PM
And it road will end for Huffman tommorrow about 5 pm. So better bring those crying towels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spiveyrat
11-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
My favorite Region 3 team is WO-S, so I hope they end up playing Palestine...

Aw! I thought it was Jasper. :(

PHS Wildcats
11-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by eagle2
I have seen Palestine and I have seen WOS. Palestine isn't even in the same league as WOS. If Palestine gave up 42 to Silsbee then the sky is the limit for WOS. Beasley will have an all-american night in my view.

:confused: That's a pretty bold statement

Mustang Fan
11-11-2005, 02:09 PM
who cares about same league, the Mustangs are not even in the same game yet. The Stangs have to go out and beat a good Huffman team tom. in Conroe first. Then we can talk about Palestine.

eagle2
11-11-2005, 02:16 PM
A bold yet educated statement. If Silsbee can put up 42 on Palestine's nofense (defense), then WOS should be able to lots of points verses the Wildcats.

Rhonda
11-11-2005, 02:19 PM
And it road will end for Huffman tommorrow about 5 pm. So better bring those crying towels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's your problem eaqle2? Here I was hoping good things for BH and you're being a jerk. Big surprise.

PHS Wildcats
11-11-2005, 02:41 PM
A bold yet educated statement. If Silsbee can put up 42 on Palestine's nofense (defense), then WOS should be able to lots of points verses the Wildcats.

I guess Palestine, shouldn't show up next week, Let's just give you guys the win and let you move on to the 3rd round. I mean Palestine defense had a rough night with the option, but like you said We're not even in the same league, so there no reason for us to show up right?

shankbear
11-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Now let's be nice. etbu wouldn't tolerate that on the Lake Houston Falcon board.

eagle2
11-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Rhonda, I'm not from BH . I'm sorry you think that. I wish Huffman all the best tommorrow. But from what I have observed from WOS, they are extremely talented and will be very hard to stop. Good luck though. OH, I am not a jerk thank you very much!

shankbear
11-11-2005, 02:47 PM
see eagle and rhonda making nice now

eagle2
11-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Yes, Palestine should show up. They are required to by U.I.L. rules. All kidding aside, Palestine better tighten up their defense because from what I have seen from WOS this year they are the real deal. Size , speed, and more speed. You yourself should be honest and admit that with the way Palestine's defense played last night they have lots of room for improvement. Let's see Crockett scored 35, Rusk 28, Henderson 20+, Whitehouse 20+. They can be scored on so that is why I think WOS will put lots of points on the board. Please enlighten me as to why I should not think this!

shankbear
11-11-2005, 02:56 PM
That is a statistically objective analysis eagle2. Factor in the intangibles and it may be a long afternoon for Huffman. Further, it might be the same with Palestine unless, of course, the Mustangs forget about Huffman.

eagle2
11-11-2005, 03:00 PM
I promise you WOS will not overlook Huffman. Last years loss has been the motivating factor for this years team.

eagle2
11-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Shankbear please don't use those big words in your post. I have to get a dictionary out just to understand what you are saying. lol

etbu
11-11-2005, 03:02 PM
That is a statistically objective analysis eagle2. Factor in the intangibles and it may be a long afternoon for Huffman. Further, it might be the same with Palestine unless, of course, the Mustangs forget about Huffman.
Can you put that into simple english where us simple minds can savie?

shankbear
11-11-2005, 03:03 PM
huukt on foniks

etbu
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
huukt on foniks

Got ya:thinking:

shankbear
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
citing points spreads is emotionless and not subjective. another wo-s poster is talking about yall giving up 350 yards per game.....that's objective also. He's from Jasper methinks.

shankbear
11-11-2005, 03:06 PM
NOT A WO-S POSTER...SORRY !!!!!

etbu
11-11-2005, 03:06 PM
citing points spreads is emotionless and not subjective. another wo-s poster is talking about yall giving up 350 yards per game.....that's objective also. He's from Jasper methinks.

We know that and how well we know that. We are just glad to be here. Sorta like with a seeing eye dog being swung over my head in a Walgreen's. Someone ask what are you doing and told him we are just looking around. We are just coming to conroe to look around. :clap: Were just are honored to be here apart of the wonderful playoff of TEXAS FOOTBALL. :cool:

shankbear
11-11-2005, 03:07 PM
now that's funny...can I use it? the Seeing eye dog bit???? can I, can I??

etbu
11-11-2005, 03:09 PM
now that's funny...can I use it? the Seeing eye dog bit???? can I, can I??

Not my line but feel free to. I sorta twisted it from the orginial version. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

PHS Wildcats
11-11-2005, 03:25 PM
I know our defense needs to tighten up. But what get me is the fact that you say WO-S will win by 30, Our defense has given up points, but Our offense has put up points, 42, 48, 41, 53, 49, 67 and 63, but I know that you find a way to say, that doesn't matter or something. WO-S may be us, but don't don't say we are not in the same league.

Mustang Fan
11-11-2005, 03:31 PM
This is kind of goofy, kind of like arguing about a WO-S vs. Barbers Hill matchup last week. There is no guarantee that the game will even take place if the mustangs don't beat Huffman. Nothing is for sure in the playoffs. Thats why they play the games.

shankbear
11-11-2005, 03:34 PM
IF that game happens, everybody is in the same league as everybody else. You didn't get there with smoke and mirrors. You have an offense that is obviously potent. Same holds true for WO-S. These defenses BEND but they don't seem to break. Or could it come down to who gets the breaks? Or who puts the brakes on the other team's offense. Have fun and hang on.

spiveyrat
11-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
, but Our offense has put up points, 42, 48, 41, 53, 49, 67 and 63,

But you didn't hang those kinds of points on top 5 teams either. Not trying to take anything away from Palestine. Those point totals are impressive and if the game happens, I think it will be a good one.

PHS Wildcats
11-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
But you didn't hang those kinds of points on top 5 teams either. Not trying to take anything away from Palestine. Those point totals are impressive and if the game happens, I think it will be a good one.

I give up, WO-S will beat Palestine 56-6, is that better. Palestine has no shot in this game. There defense terrible and there offense is overated. The only reason they made the playoffs is because they are in a weak district. I hope Paletine can make it close for the 1st quarter, because after that it will be all WO-S.

shankbear
11-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Would this be true also if Huffman were the opponent?

spiveyrat
11-11-2005, 03:48 PM
I give up, WO-S will beat Palestine 56-6, is that better. Palestine has no shot in this game. There defense terrible and there offense is overated. The only reason they made the playoffs is because they are in a weak district. I hope Paletine can make it close for the 1st quarter, because after that it will be all WO-S.

:confused: I thought my post was pretty fair and even-keeled... even a little bit complimentary. :confused:

I guess you can't please everyone.

Not that I would try.

PHS Wildcats
11-11-2005, 03:49 PM
guess not

shankbear
11-11-2005, 03:52 PM
and the peace talks between Jasper and Palestine break off once again. Film at 11:00.

PHS Wildcats
11-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I just hope we can play with WO-S for a quarter. I won't post anymore until friday night after the game, All I'll say is I hope Palestine don't get ran out of the stadium, Please WO-S take it easy on us. We're not that good.

shankbear
11-11-2005, 04:04 PM
and they all take their toys and go home.

spiveyrat
11-11-2005, 04:04 PM
LOL! Man, you're just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

shankbear
11-11-2005, 04:07 PM
moi, you silly English pig dog.

Bullaholic
11-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh Yeah! Well our coach can whip your coach's butt. We beat ya'll 4 times last season by 60 points each time and if you hadn't brought your own refs it woulda been by 100. Ya'll haven't been to the playoffs in 40 years and if our first and second strings didn't have 3 broke legs and 5 concussions we would whip ya'lls
butt by 50 points in the first half. Ya'll better be ready 'cause we're bringin' it---and if we don't we'll go back and get it. BTW---ya'll suck!

(Man, that felt GREAT! )

spiveyrat
11-11-2005, 04:14 PM
moi, you silly English pig dog.

No, the other guy.

shankbear
11-11-2005, 04:16 PM
BULLAHOLIC.........Light up the cigarette and enjoy the afterglow of that fine performance.

lostaussie
11-11-2005, 04:20 PM
This is amazing...........6 pages and palestine doesn't even have an opponent yet. i can't wait to see how many pages when they finally get one.

btw. congrats to phs on the big and crazy win last night. what a game.

GS#17
11-11-2005, 04:23 PM
PHS, I think most people from WOS will say you're in a different league than us because you've made it to the second round this year and we're still in the first round. You all have shown you have a strong offense and, by making it to the second round of the playoffs, you've got a lot going for your team -- if nothing else, your defense has done a lot to get you to the point you're at and it rose to the occasion last night when it had to.

I'm hoping WOS can play you all next Friday night, but right now, I don't think many WOS fnas are concerned with anything other than tomorrow's game with Huffman -- I can guarantee you the team certainly isn't thinking about next week.

etbu
11-11-2005, 04:26 PM
I just hope we can play with WO-S for a quarter. I won't post anymore until friday night after the game, All I'll say is I hope Palestine don't get ran out of the stadium, Please WO-S take it easy on us. We're not that good.

Hey send your golf team they are pretty STRONG. :nerd: Hey many folks in the et area sure wish you guys were still Four-A. How do you think you have done in the 17-4A district?

Bullaholic
11-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Seriously folks---the "tongue- in- cheek" post was not intended to throw down on any 2 particular team's fans game discussions--I just happened to pick this one. I personally find a little "smack" talking and rivalry rah-rah enjoyable and a great part of HS football---but every now and then it is good to stand back and "laugh" at ourselves. I intended no disrepect to any particular teams or fans---no one has a perfectly "correct" way to express their pride or spirit---including me. Variety is the spice of life and I try to enjoy everbody's point of view.

MIKE_MUSTANG
11-11-2005, 04:38 PM
John Crew is in the banking business in Dallas, I'm also from Stark High School, but we are now one united as the WO-S Mustangs. Both schools contributed along with North High School and St.Marys'.;)

shankbear
11-11-2005, 04:41 PM
and Wallace High

shankbear
11-11-2005, 04:43 PM
I played some golf with John in the old days and he went to WO before moving over to Stark.

MIKE_MUSTANG
11-11-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah, John's a second cousin of mine, we graduated the same year. He was football/golfer and i was baseball. Oh excuse me on the omission of Wallace, you must be older than me....lol

shankbear
11-11-2005, 04:50 PM
1971 simply a fossil

chaingang
11-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I dont know what will happen tommorrow, but I do know something. I had the chance to see the Huf/Cleve game and sat on the Huf side. I enjoyed talking to the fans and am really impressed with their sportsmanship.;) I think they have a great program and great fans. Hell, I even see a little Dan Hooks(WOS coach) in their head coach(his intensity). I just dont see Huf winning this game. I think we will score 50+ points.;)

Sandman
11-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Hey send your golf team they are pretty STRONG. :nerd: Hey many folks in the et area sure wish you guys were still Four-A. How do you think you have done in the 17-4A district?

They went 2-1 against 17-4A opponents in non-district play. I think they would have been the third team in behind Marshall and Kilgore, and played Brenham in the first round.

You can go to phswildcats.com if you want to see the Palestine highlights from last nights game.

etbu
11-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Sandman
They went 2-1 against 17-4A opponents in non-district play. I think they would have been the third team in behind Marshall and Kilgore, and played Brenham in the first round.

You can go to phswildcats.com if you want to see the Palestine highlights from last nights game.

Sweet:D

texasjeremy
11-12-2005, 11:05 AM
:confused: That's a pretty bold statement

Yeah, they talk a lot of crap for a team that hasn't won in the playoffs in the last 5 years.

texasjeremy
11-12-2005, 11:06 AM

You can also turn it around. If Palestine can hang 63 on Silsbee defense, what are they gonna do to west orange.

texasjeremy
11-12-2005, 11:11 AM

we went 2-1 against teams from 17-4A this year. Palestine probably wouldn't have been a playoff team in that district, but middle of the pack. But this is 3A, its a lot lower level. Also, Palestine should stay 3A for 2 more years.

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 11:13 AM
You can also turn it around. If Palestine can hang 63 on Silsbee defense, what are they gonna do to west orange.

Silsbee and WO-S don't equate. WO-S needs to finish off Huffman before we consider what Palestine hopes to do against the Stangs.

WOSgrad
11-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah, they talk a lot of crap for a team that hasn't won in the playoffs in the last 5 years.

Um, jeremy have you taken a good look at the posts of the fols that are WO-S posters? I think you will see one theme from those posters and it is not talking crap, but rather being a bit pensive about a game that goes off in a few hours.

Sorry, we can't control the thoughts of posters from other schools, which happen to be the ones spelling doom and gloom for the Wildcats. So before you paint with such a broad brush, make sure your not painting yourself into a corner.

texasjeremy
11-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Silsbee and WO-S don't equate. WO-S needs to finish off Huffman before we consider what Palestine hopes to do against the Stangs.

OK, well, Jacksonville and WOS don't equate and Palestine won at the Tomato Bowl this year. It all has to do with matchups, Palestine had not seen an offensive style like Silsbees all year and had trouble with it, don't expect next weeks game against either Huffman or Orange to be the same.

Sandman
11-12-2005, 10:42 PM
First off, congratulations to the West Orange-Stark Mustangs.

I am not going to sit here and guarantee a Wildcat victory, but I will say that Palestine will not fear the Mustangs. They played well against a history rich Cuero last year, and if not for a couple of plays could have been in the State Championship game. I look for a good game Friday night in Lufkin and hope to maybe meet some of the 3ADownLow Posters.

Jody
11-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Palestine,

If you have a running game and a decent defense, you win. WOS defense is not as good as they need to be to go deep in the playoffs. Just look at the points against this year and consider the weak teams they play.

At least I am consistent WOS.

wos fan1
11-12-2005, 10:51 PM
We'll be fine. Our Defense is getting better each week. I predicted 42-14 over Huffman. It ended up 41-21 with 1 of Huffman's TD's coming after a fumbled punt return deep in our territory. In fact we need to post Huffman's stats on Offense!!!!

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 10:56 PM
OK, well, Jacksonville and WOS don't equate and Palestine won at the Tomato Bowl this year. It all has to do with matchups, Palestine had not seen an offensive style like Silsbees all year and had trouble with it, don't expect next weeks game against either Huffman or Orange to be the same.

And this still has nothing to do with how many points that WO-S will give up since Silsbee gave up 63. But I have seen both Silsbee's and WO-S defenses this year and can tell you that both are good defenses. However, WO-S defense is clearly faster, more disciplined and all around better. If you put up 60 points on them that would be a real shock.

wos fan1
11-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Won't happen! As long as Coach Thompson is there that will never happen...

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 10:58 PM

But as far as offenses go...Silsbee's offense is like an 8th grade team compared to what you will see against WO-S. A better question would be..since you gave up 42 against Silsbee how many will you give up against Beasley and Co...aka WO-S offense.

etbu
11-12-2005, 11:04 PM
we went 2-1 against teams from 17-4A this year. Palestine probably wouldn't have been a playoff team in that district, but middle of the pack. But this is 3A, its a lot lower level. Also, Palestine should stay 3A for 2 more years.

What number did you guys turn in?

Split Back Veer
11-12-2005, 11:06 PM
But as far as offenses go...Silsbee's offense is like an 8th grade team compared to what you will see against WO-S. A better question would be..since you gave up 42 against Silsbee how many will you give up against Beasley and Co...aka WO-S offense.

It was like that with the quarterback that played against yall but we switched quarterbacks against palestine, one who was able to make the correct reads.........the better one .Good thing is hes just a junior

Hupernikomen
11-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Split Back Veer
It was like that with the quarterback that played against yall but we switched quarterbacks against palestine, one who was able to make the correct reads.........the better one .Good thing is hes just a junior

You switched to #3 and actually ran the option I take it. I was wondering why you guys never even attempted the option in our game. Whole warmup time I watch you run through the motions and then I saw it one time during the game..course the toss almost went over the RB's head..well guess I answered my own question lol

etbu
11-12-2005, 11:21 PM
There you go Wos1:

WEST ORANGE-STARK 41, HUFFMAN 21
1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Final
West Orange-Stark 0 14 7 20 41
Huffman 0 7 7 7 21

Game Statistics
West Orange-Stark Huffman
First Downs 24 10
Rushes - Yards 35 - 259 29 - 112
Comp-Att-Int 14 - 18 - 0 8 - 19 - 2
Passing yards 219 95
Punts-avg. 3 - 45.3 4 - 42.2
Fumbles-lost 2 - 1 2 - 0
Penalties-yards 6 - 50 3 - 25
Highlights
West Orange Stark's Kenneth Beasley accounted for 376 yards of offense, with three touchdown passes and two touchdown runs, including one of 62 yards.

Notables
West Orange Stark ranked second in the state in Class 3A, avenged last year's opening round playoff loss to Huffman.

Scoring Summary

HUF-Connor Dubose 1 run (Raul Ponce kick) 11:20, 2nd
WOS-Jacoby Franks 12 pass from Kenneth Beasley (Cristobal Bernal kick) 8:42, 2nd
WOS-LaDarius White 9 pass from Kenneth Beasley (Cristobal Bernal kick) 5:27, 2nd
WOS-Kenneth Beasley 6 run (Cristobal Bernal kick) 5:03, 3rd
HUF-Jamie Bagley 4 pass from Connor Dubose (Raul Ponce kick) 3:03, 3rd
WOS-Jacoby Franks 12 pass from Kenneth Beasley (Cristobal Bernal kick) 10:04, 4th
HUF-Zach Sipe 14 pass from Connor Dubose (Raul Ponce kick) 7:23, 4th
WOS-Kenneth Beasley 62 run (Cristobal Bernal kick) 6:55, 4th
WOS-Earl Thomas 45 run (kick failed) 5:58, 4th

Leading Rushers
HUF George Foreman IV 17-96
HUF Connor Dubose 9-14 , 1 TD
WOS Kenneth Beasley 20-157 , 2 TD
WOS Earl Thomas 10-98 , 1 TD
WOS Kendrick Leblanc 3-2 , 0 TD

Leading Passers
HUF Connor Dubose 8-18-2, 95 Yards , 2 TD
HUF Zach Sipe 0-1-0, 0 Yards
WOS Kenneth Beasley 14-18-0, 219 Yards , 3 TD

Leading Receivers
HUF Chuckie Blackman 3-53
HUF Zach Sipe 1-14 , 1 TD
HUF Jamie Bagley 1-4 , 1 TD
WOS LaDarius White 6-133 , 1 TD
WOS Jacoby Franks 6-68 , 2 TD
WOS Earl Thomas 1-15
WOS Jarrod Lewis 1-3

Interceptions
WOS Kendrick Leblanc

wos fan1
11-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Thanks.

setex
11-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Nothing against Huffman but looking at these numbers how was it this close in 4th qtr?

etbu
11-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by setex
Nothing against Huffman but looking at these numbers how was it this close in 4th qtr?

Heck if i know Cuz but let me tell you something. GOOD LUCK STOPING BEASLEY, WHITE AND THOMAS. I dont know if there is a team statewide that can. If you do better get your track shoes on. :D

wos fan1
11-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Foreman is a great kid, talked with him after the game.

WOS1
11-13-2005, 12:43 PM

You see, this is what WO-S fans have a problem with... Go back and read this thread and tell me where ANY, on single WO-S fan has talked any crap on this thread. The guy who said ya'll weren't in our league isn't even from WO-S. He's just a guy that's seen both of us play.

By the way, the last part of your statement is, now, officially incorrect!

WOS1
11-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by setex

Huffman played near perfect until the 4th quarter. They capitalized on every mistake we made and their players left it all out on the field.

This is an example of what I'm talking about with our defense. Like last week, they played good even though they gave up some points. We're not allowing teams to walk up and down the field. Jody, keeps talking about our run defense... we're giving up 105 yards per game the last 2 weeks against good running teams.

wos fan1
11-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Yep. Our defense will be just fine!!

shankbear
11-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Please post Palestine's schedule from this year with results if available. Or a good working link.

lele8907
11-13-2005, 02:59 PM
SCRATCH EM' CATS

shankbear
11-13-2005, 03:11 PM
There is a distinct similarity between Palestine and WO-S inthat they are both in their second year down in 3A. They were both strong 4A contenders. They both seem to have potent offenses and defenses that do enough and let the offense speak loudly. Could be a feature matchup this year in week 2.

Supertilley
11-13-2005, 03:14 PM
I am looking forward to it. Just wish it wasn't so far away.

shankbear
11-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Supert, what is left of Sabine Pass?

Supertilley
11-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Well we lost alot, 92% of all homes are unlivable. It's very devestated. But by spring time things might be up and running kinda close to normal. This will be my worst winter ever.

shankbear
11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
man I thought that but I really didn't want to believe it. Y'all are hardy folks down there and you will come back fine. I heard the school was relatively OK.

texasjeremy
11-13-2005, 06:24 PM
What number did you guys turn in?

texasjeremy
11-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Please post Palestine's schedule from this year with results if available. Or a good working link.

Palestine 40 (4A) Whitehouse 22
Palestine 47 Carthage 21
(4A) Henderson 24 Palestine 14
Palestine 27 (4A) Jacksonville 24
Palestine 41 Rusk 28
Palestine 45 Diboll 14
Crockett 35 Palestine 19
Palestine 67 Palestine Westwood 20
Palestine 52 Huntington 6
Palestine 63 Silsbee 42

Average 41.5 points per game
Allow 23.6 points per game

etbu
11-13-2005, 06:45 PM

Boy based on last numbers you guys could back up huh? We turned in 982 which is fine by me if we go up :inlove:

shankbear
11-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks texjeremy

texasjeremy
11-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Boy based on last numbers you guys could back up huh? We turned in 982 which is fine by me if we go up :inlove:

Yeah, but I wouldn't expect the limits to be exactly the same as they were 2 years ago.

lele8907
11-13-2005, 08:13 PM

8th grade huh?? really... how? we beat silsbee by 21 pts. but yall beat huffman by 20 so how do they add up to an 8th grade team... how many points will you give up to our three running backs ((Especially Pk)) and our wide Receivers ((Especially leon and kevin))? our defense does have its up and downs but we get better each week...
Go cats

GS#17
11-13-2005, 08:30 PM
The person you're responding to (Hupernikomen) follows Jasper -- they didn't play Huffman.

chaingang
11-13-2005, 08:35 PM
There really cant be alot said about Palastine from us WOS'rs. Most of us have not seen Palastine play. I dsont buy in to that who played who and who beat who by how many points crap. This is HIGHSCHOOL football, not to mention the playoffs. None of these schools in the playoffs care what there record was a week ago. They just want to be undefeated on Christmas day!!!!!

If you want a prediction, I say WOS by 21. Some because I am a fan, mostly because I have seen what a certain#7 can do.;)

If Palastine has a chance to win, they have to play Defense more than Offense!