18-Cameron Yoe (10-0)
19-Devine (8-2)
20-Sweetwater (9-1)
21-Monahans(10-0)
22-Giddings (8-2)
23-Jasper (6-3)
24-Hutto (8-2)
25-Decatur (7-3)

can you explain this to me, i'm just not being biased on this one....i mean but look, Cameron Yoe is ranked 18 with a 10-0 record. They beat Bellville who is ranked 11th on here. Bellville beat Marlin who is ranked 7th on here.

not enough?.....Hutto is ranked 24th, they got 2nd in district 19 in front of 3rd place Giddings who is ranked 22...both are 8-2, both losing to Cameron, however, Hutto also lost to #9 Liberty Hill while Giddings other loss was TO HUTTO!......I personally believe his poll makes no sense therefore he is a complete idiot.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2005, 10:27 PM
His poll isn't based on "who he likes" or "who he thinks will win". It's based on strength of schedule, MOV, and lots of other "number" stuff.....strictly a ratings poll.

yoemenkracker30
11-10-2005, 10:28 PM
but still, look at the info i put below, it doesnt make any sense

Gobbla2001
11-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Okay, Cameron Yoe is ahead of Hutto and Giddings, rightfully so...

Giddings being infront of Hutto may have NOTHING to do at all with who is better than whoever... Jerry may feel that Giddings has a better shot at winning state than Hutto, since they are in two separate divisions...

Also, Cameron Yoe being 10-0 doesn't mean much... one of the most suckiest teams in the state can be 10-0 if they schedule some more of the most suckiest teams in the state and were placed in the most suckiest district in the state... 10-0 doesn't mean crap... Look at Liberty Hill, they have 2 losses... they should be behind Yoe, right? Maybe so, but if you look at their two losses, 1 was to a tough 4A team, the other to Jerry's #2 3A pick, Wimberly...

Screw the rankings, Mr. Freaked-Out, just watch your team win it all if they are as good as your complaining leads us to believe...

Dogman_1969
11-10-2005, 10:36 PM
I printed this link out and plan to look back on it after the finals. If past history is correct then the top team won't make it. Just facts. As far as the Yoeman go, they were lucky their isn't instant replay in HS or their last TD would have ended in a JH fumble out of the endzone. But the Yoe luck prevailed and the got the W.

I think that there are several 1 loss teams that are better that several undefeated teams in this poll.

At this stage in the year, Bellville is playing really well. They have about 15 soph's on the varsity and they have groan up over the season. I would personally like to see them play the Yoe now......

Rainman
11-10-2005, 10:39 PM
His poll is simply numbers in a formula.

garageoffice
11-10-2005, 11:07 PM
You don't even know enough or pay enough attention to understand the facts about Jerry's rankings; and you call him an idiot just because you don't like the way the numbers come out. :doh:

Jerry's picks don't always turn out because they are based on dispassionate facts and relative rankings, not on any analysis of intangibles. In the long run, it's usually as accurate as any of the "polls" you see. His formula seems to give you a pre-season ranking that's based on how you did last year combined with what you've got returning. From there through the rest of the season it's all about who you play and how you perform. One thing you can honestly say about it is that there is no human bias in it, unlike most of the polls.

Diocletian
11-10-2005, 11:10 PM
I'd like to see u come up with poll of your own that everyone will think is fair......then and only then will you be able to critisize this man Jerry who spent long hours compiling this formula.....

Rainman
11-10-2005, 11:52 PM
I worked in season to compile 8 different polls using a formula to create a combination poll the last few weeks of the season and I used no bias or numbers of my own to pick who made it, but others polls both those with voters and straight formulas and there were times I personally felt that some teams were over ranked or vice versa, but Texas doesn't use rankings in its' playoff selections and they are nothing more than fodder for the boards.

Owen B
11-10-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm going to pick a nit. Jerry's rankings are not a poll. Matthew328's rankings are not a poll. A poll is a survey of several people's rankings; it's a vote.

Also, all rankings, whether derived by polls or not, are opinion. Each is as valid as any other, as long as all honestly reflect the opinions of the people doing the rankings. Power ratings can give an idea of relative strengths of teams, but usually not more than a rough idea of what team is likely to win a game, unless the ratings are far apart. Even then, for all sorts of reasons, upsets can and do happen.

NewYorkYankee
11-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Dude its just rankings. You shouldnt put too much stock into rankings........peace out e-town down

spiveyrat
11-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
Dude its just rankings. You shouldnt put too much stock into rankings........peace out e-town down

I agree... take a chill pill! :rolleyes:

72Yoeman
11-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Anyone who's ever been associated with HS football (or any other brand) knows there's only one poll that means anything - the one at the end of the State Championship Game! There's one #1, one #2 with everyone after #1 being LOSERS. As for Dogman and his comment, I don't know what game he's talking about but if it's the Cameron- Rockdale game, look at the score, take away that touchdown and the tiggers still lose and if it's any other game the Yoemen either beat you on your turf with your freakin' referees tryin' to keep it close for you or you're just a whiney loser.
If ya can't stand to get beat, don't play the game.

3afan
11-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
I personally believe his poll makes no sense therefore he is a complete idiot.

yoemenkracker30 - take your pick ......

LINK 1 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=37326)

*OR*

Link 2 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=35581)

unbelievable ...
:rolleyes:

CenTexSports
11-11-2005, 10:57 AM
nm

GUNHO
11-11-2005, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dogman_1969
[B]I printed this link out and plan to look back on it after the finals. If past history is correct then the top team won't make it.

Remove us from the top.Please!!!!!:D

UPanIN
11-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
can you explain this to me, i'm just not being biased on this one....i mean but look, Cameron Yoe is ranked 18 with a 10-0 record. They beat Bellville who is ranked 11th on here. Bellville beat Marlin who is ranked 7th on here.

not enough?.....Hutto is ranked 24th, they got 2nd in district 19 in front of 3rd place Giddings who is ranked 22...both are 8-2, both losing to Cameron, however, Hutto also lost to #9 Liberty Hill while Giddings other loss was TO HUTTO!......I personally believe his poll makes no sense therefore he is a complete idiot.

Polls mean nothing.

Don't get your shorts in a bind over them.

The kids will decide the outcome of their year. We have no control.

Having said that... these are some good points you make.

But of course I've picked the Bobcats over the Yoe in an upset so what do I know.:)

lostaussie
11-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by 72Yoeman
Anyone who's ever been associated with HS football (or any other brand) knows there's only one poll that means anything - the one at the end of the State Championship Game! There's one #1, one #2 with everyone after #1 being LOSERS. As for Dogman and his comment, I don't know what game he's talking about but if it's the Cameron- Rockdale game, look at the score, take away that touchdown and the tiggers still lose and if it's any other game the Yoemen either beat you on your turf with your freakin' referees tryin' to keep it close for you or you're just a whiney loser.
If ya can't stand to get beat, don't play the game. alrighty then. welcome to the downlow!!!!!!!!!