PDA

View Full Version : best mexican food in san angelo??

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 01:15 PM
where is the best place to eat in san angelo as far as mexican food goes??.....need some ideas for when i drive down there today after school...i will be HUNGRY!!

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 01:30 PM
dang it ppl where is a good place to eat????

Gobbla2001
11-10-2005, 01:33 PM
I have no clue, tried to call my buddy but he must be in a bad area for reception... he's headed up to San Angelo today to go huntin'... he does know where a great seafood place is there... if I get ahold of him I'll ask...

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
dang it ppl where is a good place to eat????
Look at the end of the Sweetwater-Greenwood thread. Several people have places listed.

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 01:34 PM
gracias

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 01:35 PM
gracias
de nada

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Look at the end of the Sweetwater-Greenwood thread. Several people have places listed.

hernandez's and another place.........only 16 and looking for a little less expensive....lol

zeus63
11-10-2005, 01:38 PM
lived in San Angelo for 5 years. Here's a list of good places.

Herny's- on Beauregard
Fuentes Downtown Cafe- Concho Dr.
Franco's Diner- 29th St. (If I remeber right)
--There is a pretty good place on South Chadbourne (But, I can't remember the name)
Emery's on Knickerbocker Rd.
Little Mexico-- Beauregard (Heading out towrads the Super Wal-Mart

All these places are pretty good (Herny's and Fuentes are my personal favorites--Both have great food and drinks)

---DO NOT GO TO HIDALGO'S IT STINKS

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 01:38 PM
hernandez's and another place.........only 16 and looking for a little less expensive....lol
I understand. There use to be a place. Mier(sp) Que Nada that was good, but I don't know if it is there anymore. I haven't been to Angelo in quite a while.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I understand. There use to be a place. Mier(sp) Que Nada that was good, but I don't know if it is there anymore. I haven't been to Angelo in quite a while.

I think that may be the one I was thinking of.... Mejor Que Nada! (Which my boss just told me meant "better than nothing").

If it is where I ate last year....they have wonderful margaritas!!!:D

zeus63
11-10-2005, 01:41 PM
It's called "Mejor Que Nada", and it's ok (not a big fan). It is easy to get to from the stadium tho. All you have to do is go back to Bryant (US 87) and turn left and it will be about 2 blocks back on the left.

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 01:42 PM

Good drinks but the food is suspect.
Franco's is the best!
Hidalgo's is always good.
Henry's is always good.
Enrique's is always good.
For cheap and fast and eatable, go to Rosa's.

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
lived in San Angelo for 5 years. Here's a list of good places.

Herny's- on Beauregard
Fuentes Downtown Cafe- Concho Dr.
Franco's Diner- 29th St. (If I remeber right)
--There is a pretty good place on South Chadbourne (But, I can't remember the name)
Emery's on Knickerbocker Rd.
Little Mexico-- Beauregard (Heading out towrads the Super Wal-Mart

All these places are pretty good (Herny's and Fuentes are my personal favorites--Both have great food and drinks)

---DO NOT GO TO HIDALGO'S IT STINKS

herny's or fuentes's........sounds good....thank yall for the help!!

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think that may be the one I was thinking of.... Mejor Que Nada! (Which my boss just told me meant "better than nothing").

If it is where I ate last year....they have wonderful margaritas!!!:D

That just about sums it up to. It is at least better than nothing.
It is very convenient to the football stadium though.
If you have enough time though, there is lots better mexican food there than this place.

zeus63
11-10-2005, 01:52 PM
my mother in law calls it Pejor Que Nada (Worse than nothing)

P.s. my mother in law is Mexican

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 01:54 PM
my mother in law calls it Pejor Que Nada (Worse than nothing)

P.s. my mother in law is Mexican

did you marry a mexican girl??.....:thinking:

zeus63
11-10-2005, 01:55 PM
yes, and a very good looking one at that

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 01:57 PM
yes, and a very good looking one at that

NICE......as you very well know...you can't go wrong with a mexican girl!!!.........my gf is mexican as well...gonna marry her so i can get some home made tortillas!!

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 01:59 PM
NICE......as you very well know...you can't go wrong with a mexican girl!!!.........my gf is mexican as well...gonna marry her so i can get some home made tortillas!!
As good a reason as any I guess.

sweetwater07
11-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
As good a reason as any I guess.

you don't know nothing about those mexican girls!!

I Bleed Red08
11-10-2005, 02:02 PM
dang it ppl where is a good place to eat???? im tellin you go to Fuentes they have some amazing fajitas

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Emorys... or for you Sweetwater folk... go to the top of the stadium, there will be a set of stairs to either side of the press box leading down.. make a Right turn then another right, Happy eating but dont eat the big white mint.:thumbsup:

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 02:12 PM
you don't know nothing about those mexican girls!!
Oh but I do son, I do. I have about 45 years of knowledge about those mexican girls! MUCHO CALIENTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Emorys... or for you Sweetwater folk... go to the top of the stadium, there will be a set of stairs to either side of the press box leading down.. make a Right turn then another right, Happy eating but dont eat the big white mint.:thumbsup:

We'll be sure and bring some to Midland to you on Friday while we are on our victory parade.

zeus63
11-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

LOL:D :D

I get it, It's a "cake" but not a cake

pirate4state
11-10-2005, 02:44 PM
NICE......as you very well know...you can't go wrong with a mexican girl!!!.........my gf is mexican as well...gonna marry her so i can get some home made tortillas!! LOL!!! Consider yourself lucky...not alot of us make home made tortillas. :D

SINTON81
11-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL!!! Consider yourself lucky...not alot of us make home made tortillas. :D

Man, don't I know it. Thank God for the Sinton Bakery.:D

donjuan
11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
I have relatives who live in San Angelo and I visit them often. The two best Mexican food joints in San Angelo are 1) Franco's and 2) Hidalgo's. Real, authentic Mexican food and very cold beer. Trust me on this information.

DaHop72
11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by donjuan
I Trust me on this information.
Trust a man with a donjuan moniker, I don't think so.:D

STANG RED
11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by donjuan
I have relatives who live in San Angelo and I visit them often. The two best Mexican food joints in San Angelo are 1) Franco's and 2) Hidalgo's. Real, authentic Mexican food and very cold beer. Trust me on this information.

Thats what I been tryin to tell um. Franco's is the best!

zeus63
11-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I agree. Franco's is very good, but if you don't know your way around San Angelo you will have a difficult time finding it.

(I do agree about the cold beer tho)

WTF-82
11-10-2005, 03:25 PM
HENRY'S THE BEST MEXICAN FOOD IN ANGELO

zeus63
11-10-2005, 03:28 PM
( Just needed to add my disclaimer about the cold beer.)

(Ahem) Zeus63 is no way promotes or authorizes underage drinking. Don't drink and drive. Be responsible.

There I think I covered all age groups. (Very serious about the underage part tho.)