PDA

View Full Version : Guadaloupe "Luqui"Estrada--BCs #3 Kicker

Old Cardinal
11-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Bridge City has A.J. Hecker(Senior), Carl Carlton(Junior) and now another one Luqui (Pronounced 'Luke-ee') a Sophomore.
A while back Luqui was a kid without direction running with kind of bad young crowd. He started playing football however and was taken in by a local church group of youth-rough edges and all.
Well the JV went undefeated in District and Lugui's accurate kicking was a good part of the success. He wares #14 in the JV games just like his hero A. J. Hecker does for the Varsity. Luqui is getting deadly accurate and has kicked a 50 yarder thusfar!
In visiting with this success story of a positive young man; he was excited that he will get to dress out with the Varsity for playoff games. Who knows, if something were to happen to A. J., Luqui might just get to kick in a Varsity game. He kicks touchbacks on kickoffs just like A. J. can and so he is ready for his chance.
Luqui said, "The only way I will be able to attend and graduate from college is if I can get accurate enough at long distances to get a college scholarship and that is why I practice so much."
Every town probably has a kid like Luqui that could have gone either way a few years back--it is good to see one that has the fortitude to set positive goals for himself...

Please share a hometown positive story about a youth that chose to excel by hard work and determination.

Paratrooper
11-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Looks like BC will be in good shape for years to come