PDA

View Full Version : Who has the easiest run?

Paratrooper
11-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Who has the easiest run in the playoffs before eventually meeting stiff competition.

I think Sweetwater will have an easy run until they probably meet Snyder or Monohans in the Quarterfinals. I don't see in any combination of any high calibur teams before they are challenged in the Quarterfinals. What teams do you see out there?

WOSgrad
11-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Paratrooper, a little advice.

DUCK!!!!!

Mustangpride09
11-09-2005, 06:35 PM
we do have an easy run, just what we drew. Same with wylie, pretty easy path to the regionals for them.

Paratrooper
11-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Paratrooper, a little advice.

DUCK!!!!!

LOL.....:D :D :D I'm used to it......LOL

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
we do have an easy run, just what we drew. Same with wylie, pretty easy path to the regionals for them.

Wow you guys are so young.

When you reach the regional final we can talk about how easy it was. However until then I would say you better not overlook a single opponent or you will never get that easy run chat with me.

Just a reminder of the 2003 season -- the Atlanta Rabbits won it and they had 4 losses. I can tell you it will not be easy for anyone.

Old Cardinal
11-09-2005, 07:43 PM
I think Barbers Hill has the easiest run to the bracket top. Cameron Yoe has no enrollment induced depth for the playoffs and The Hill will roll. Outside that their bracket is equal to their District race. BH is a good big school type team and will be one tough hombre of an opponent for the winner of the dog-fight on the other side of the Region III bracket play.

RoTex4Life
11-09-2005, 07:45 PM
no one because anything and everything happens in the playoffs

Paratrooper
11-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Jasper and Bridge City will have the toughest fight of any D2 school. Both will probably meet in round 2. However whoever wins that game gets lucky and will probably play Marlin followed by BH or Yoe......then THEY STILL HAVE TWO GAMES. There are some really tough games coming up for BC and Jasper. They are off to the races as soon as round 2 starts. They both SHOULD beat who they are playing in round 1.

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 07:58 PM
buckeyes drew terrible. first game with archrival daingerfield, and second game with pass happy canton. if we make it that far, our third game will probably be the easiest we have played.

gigem55
11-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I think Barbers Hill has the easiest run to the bracket top. Cameron Yoe has no enrollment induced depth for the playoffs and The Hill will roll. Outside that their bracket is equal to their District race. BH is a good big school type team and will be one tough hombre of an opponent for the winner of the dog-fight on the other side of the Region III bracket play.

Cameron has no depth? but they have 22 starters. So dont think just because they dont have any enrollment #'s means that we dont have football #'s. Thats what they live for in Cameron, Texas baby. So dont go off popin stuff out your mouth that you know nothing about.

theyoefnshow
11-09-2005, 08:14 PM
hehe...do not speak about that which you do not know. I say Cameron has a semi easy ride up to quarters. Hempstead this week, Robinson then....eh, I forget who's in round 3. As for the lower half of Region 3...whew.....talk about a dodged bullet. Jasper, Marlin, Hutto, Rice.....that's alot of beef down there.

Rainman
11-09-2005, 08:15 PM
First that was an OldCard (Bridge City) post.
Sweetwater has hands down the easiest to Region finals and at and after that point the teams are all great.

Specklebelly
11-09-2005, 08:52 PM
The bottom half of the Region 3 bracket is BY FAR the toughest draw in the playoffs.

sweetwater07
11-09-2005, 08:58 PM
i'm not gonna lie...our road is a breeze!!....the next two weeks our teams possible for us to play will be ....pilot point-whitney-littlefield-borger- and two others that are no better than 5-5 or 6-4.....like i said i won't lie....we have it easy until we play region 3 then we will have to start playing!!

Paratrooper
11-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
The bottom half of the Region 3 bracket is BY FAR the toughest draw in the playoffs.

I agree........look at this traffic jam in Region 3

Cameron Yoe
Barbers Hill
Rice
Marlin
Hutto
Jasper
Bridge City

Other regions

Region 1

Monohans
Synder (however, one will be eliminated right off the bat)
Sweetwater

Region 2

Gilmer
D madison
tatum

Region 4

Cuero
Liberty Hill

Those are all the ones IMO who are most likely to win the crown. Someone could come up and be the spoiler, but Region 3 is loaded with teams to fight it out. I do agree that Cuero probably has even an easier run than Sweetwater once I took a look at them.

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 09:27 PM
do not discard daingerfield from the mix. i believe the winner of gilmer d'field wins reg.II

c-town_balla
11-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I think Barbers Hill has the easiest run to the bracket top. Cameron Yoe has no enrollment induced depth for the playoffs and The Hill will roll.

Yeah i mean why are we even playing? We obviously have no depth and quiet frankly if we make it to face "The Hill" (which i doubt since we are so low on players) we won't even show up. No disrespect to BHill and all they are quite good, but come on! Its seems Old Card that all you do is assume and you know what happens when you ass-u-me.....

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'm not gonna lie...our road is a breeze!!....the next two weeks our teams possible for us to play will be ....pilot point-whitney-littlefield-borger- and two others that are no better than 5-5 or 6-4.....like i said i won't lie....we have it easy until we play region 3 then we will have to start playing!!

ROFL...

Get ready, and play 'em one week at a time....

LOL...

sicem74
11-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Yeah i mean why are we even playing? We obviously have no depth and quiet frankly if we make it to face "The Hill" (which i doubt since we are so low on players) we won't even show up. No disrespect to BHill and all they are quite good, but come on! Its seems Old Card that all you do is assume and you know what happens when you ass-u-me.....
:nerd:

wildstangs
11-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Wow...I hope no one, especially from Sweetwater, thinks they have an easy road.

Old Cardinal
11-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Sorry Yoe folks I certainly have nothing against your program.
I just have an opinion, and that opinion is that Barbers Hill will go through Yoe like a dose of salts through a Widow-Woman... OR expressed another way--like Grant took Richmond, Virginia.
We will see who was right in a few weeks. I know all of the teams on the other side of the bracket respect them a whole lot as a premium 3A team.

sicem74
11-09-2005, 10:44 PM
I just have an opinion, and that opinion is that Barbers Hill will go through Yoe like a dose of salts through a Widow-Woman... OR expressed another way--like Grant took Richmond, Virginia.
We will see who was right in a few weeks. I know all of the teams on the other side of the bracket respect them a whole lot as a premium 3A team.
:rolleyes: uh huh ok

c-town_balla
11-09-2005, 11:09 PM
All right that fine i supose

Paratrooper
11-09-2005, 11:16 PM
I have never seen Yoe play, but they do look good in who they beat. They beat Bellville 9-1 Giddings 8-2 and Hutto 8-2

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2005, 11:39 PM

Hey, OC... Just a Bit of help for ya....

Grant took over a year to get into Richmond. And it cost him out the wazoo.

Maybe you are thinking of Sherman and his march from Atlanta to Savannah?

j_dog
11-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I have never seen Yoe play, but they do look good in who they beat. They beat Bellville 9-1 Giddings 8-2 and Hutto 8-2
Yoe fans, OC is just having a little fun at your expense. Granted, BH does have a very good team, but of course, so does Yoe. It was last year when I saw both teams play in the playoffs, but if last year's teams were playing, I would definitely pick Yoe to take it. Now, could the teams have changed that much from last year to this year? I don't know, haven't seen either team this year. As you all say, we will soon see. Good luck to both teams. :)

Old Cardinal
11-10-2005, 12:01 AM
I am just pickin on you LOL. I tell you what, if you beat that BH team my hat will be off to you. They are deep, fast and quite sturdy. You however have had a great year and have beat some very good teams.

Fish's mom
11-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by RoTex4Life
no one because anything and everything happens in the playoffs

I agree with you, playoffs are a whole new ball game, stakes are higher, and sometimes it's not who has won the most, higher stats etc just sometimes who has the heart and wants it more:)

Old Cardinal
11-10-2005, 12:20 AM
To S. Bull Fan: I know that saying was started on the Northernside of the war--a bit of the rewriting of history. It appears that all history is re-written and prepertrated to the children of the victors as FACTS.
Glad you know your history. Had you heard that popular saying from the Yankee side after the war?

Hupernikomen
11-10-2005, 12:33 AM
To S. Bull Fan: I know that saying was started on the Northernside of the war--a bit of the rewriting of history. It appears that all history is re-written and prepertrated to the children of the victors as FACTS.
Glad you know your history. Had you heard that popular saying from the Yankee side after the war?

something about macaroni?

BlueBlood
11-10-2005, 07:20 AM

Don't get to fired up Yoe. OC hates the Hill and likes to inspire other opponents to play well against them. He really hopes that the Hill will get smashed.

BlueBlood
11-10-2005, 07:23 AM

I'm all for the Hill playing a bunch more games. However, you folks tend to forget that we have lost some key players to injury. We are just trying to survive.

lostaussie
11-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
I'm all for the Hill playing a bunch more games. However, you folks tend to forget that we have lost some key players to injury. We are just trying to survive. Survival is what it is all about. next year at this time nobody will care how much the state champ won by. only if they won. good luck and hopefully you will play long enough to get some players back.

neck_06
11-10-2005, 09:08 AM
cuero is gonna stroll through the first few rounds till they get to liberty hill. should be a great game.

slpybear the bullfan
11-10-2005, 01:52 PM

Yeah, I have heard that before... but have heard "like Sherman through Georgia" a LOT more. I can't stand either one of 'em... :mad: ;)

(I am an amateur historian especially enjoying the ACW period... just love history.)

slpybear the bullfan
11-10-2005, 01:53 PM
and yeah OC, I agree... History is just the latest PC version until you can back it up with facts.

sWaterislife
11-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Sheez.. WAke up McFly.. These teams didnt get into the playoffs just by a coin flip....

It pains me to think that we'll be playing teams that might not have a record for the worries of upset and the fact of when we do hit finals we might not be ready for a tough test... Hopefully the players have the same mentality to get the job doen whether its 4-6 team or 9-1 team...