PDA

View Full Version : my thought on gilmer/daingerfield

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 04:13 PM
they have given us our only loss in 2 years. if we do not protect the ball they will give us our second loss in 2 years. in the 1st game which we lost 26-17 gilmer gave up 2 very cheap td's. certainly taking nothing from them as they are very talented and very dangerous. daingerfield used alot of emotion in the first game and it subsequenty showed in their next 3 games. on the other hand, even though we wanted to win, i think the loss brought us back to earth. we have been shown that if we do not play within our capabilities, that our season will be shortlived. i predict the winner of this game wins regionII. its to bad one very fine football team is going to be finished.

Aesculus gilmus
11-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Yep, I believe you have nailed it. That reminds me. Daingerfield has a receiver named Brent Nail who scored a TD on Sept. 30. Let's hope our secondary "hammers" Mr. Nail this time.

Secondly, if "aussie" refers to Australia, I definitely agree you are just about as lost as one can get. What is it from here, 15,000 miles?:)

The keys to this game are as you outlined. The Buckeyes need to play a relatively turnover-free game and the Black Flag D needs to do a better job of stopping No. 32, Tyrrell Brown, as well as QB Germayne Edmond. I've forgotten his number.

But 32 was all over the field, on both sides of the ball. He was the one who returned one of Jamell's passes for a TD. Jamell needs better protection than he got that first game. No. 72 has to be blocked this time. They have an all-state nose guard as well.

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 08:05 PM
aussie does refer to australia, edmonds is #1, and #72 killed us the last game. here's hoping we found a big dude in the middle to block him!!!!!!!!

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 08:20 PM
come on guys and girls. i wanna know. do the defending champs have the statewide recognition? can we repeat? i honestly do not know. if we get by daingerfield, our long time terror, look out. jerry's has us at this point winning again. i just don't know if it is possible. too young. we are talking about a team with 3 senior starters. let me hear from around the state.

j_dog
11-09-2005, 08:42 PM
I am pulling for you! :)

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
come on guys and girls. i wanna know. do the defending champs have the statewide recognition? can we repeat? i honestly do not know. if we get by daingerfield, our long time terror, look out. jerry's has us at this point winning again. i just don't know if it is possible. too young. we are talking about a team with 3 senior starters. let me hear from around the state.

Hmmmmm....."can Gilmer repeat"? Yes, most likely they have the talent and drive to do just that. My uncertainty is "will" it happen. Lots of tough opponents between now and then.

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
I am pulling for you! :) thanks, but i am curious as to why?

FootballChik98
11-09-2005, 09:19 PM
I think this game could easily go either way. Reading through other message boards, Gilmer fans seem to be VERY confident that they are gonna win though. I haven't seen either team play so I don't really have anything to base an opinion on. Hopefully, I'll get to see the winner of this game the following week. :D

gtownpoke
11-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Im not sure about winning state, but I dont see Gilmer losing to Daingerfield again. If anyone was there for "round one" you know a lot of the mistakes Gilmer made were self inflicted and are fixable. Daingerfield is good but they did not cause them, and if Gilmer does not make those mistakes it is a different game. I am glad it happened because the difference in the Gilmer team before and after that first game is night and day. I just think the Buckeyes dont make those mistakes again and want payback for that loss.

JR2004
11-10-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm pulling for Gilmer. I hope the Buckeyes win this rematch and do so convincingly.