PDA

View Full Version : I proposed!!!!!

NateDawg39
11-09-2005, 03:50 PM
I asked her to marry me and she said YES!!!!! OH I think im gonna declare a holiday!!!Wait, today is my birthday!!!:D This is the best day ever!!

zeus63
11-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Congrats. Hope ya'll have a great life together.

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Happy birthday Nate, and congrats to you both!!!

Adidas410s
11-09-2005, 03:53 PM
So you got engaged on your birthday??? Whoa...good idea! May have to set that one aside for sometime in the next 7-10 years! :thinking: Congrats though...:)

Bullaholic
11-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Congrats, Nate. How in the world is that poor girl going to put up with you for a lifetime? Best Wishes for Happiness to you both.

District303aPastPlayer
11-09-2005, 03:56 PM
heres the real question, did you tell us or your family first, her response?

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 04:02 PM
she said yes
i said wow
she said when
i said how about right now
love can't wait haaaaaa

congrats!!!!!!!!!!

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 04:05 PM
AWESOME...I'm happy for ya'll!!!

NateDawg39
11-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
heres the real question, did you tell us or your family first, her response? I told my Uncle, then my grandparents, then my dad, and my mom....she was pissed but I think theyll go along with it. We are happy together so I thought it was a good idea. OK we are only 19 but I dont care about age, we will finish college together and go about our lives after that. If we decide we have to go seperate ways for our majors then we will do so. We have so much love and I know well be ok!;) thanks for the support guys.:)

NateDawg39
11-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Congrats, Nate. How in the world is that poor girl going to put up with you for a lifetime? Best Wishes for Happiness to you both. Its a good thing she is an Eagle fan!:D or it may be a loooooong life! JK!!

JasperDog94
11-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
If we decide we have to go seperate ways for our majors then we will do so. :eek: :eek: :eek:

WitchyWoman
11-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I told my Uncle, then my grandparents, then my dad, and my mom....she was pissed but I think theyll go along with it. We are happy together so I thought it was a good idea. OK we are only 19 but I dont care about age, we will finish college together and go about our lives after that. If we decide we have to go seperate ways for our majors then we will do so. We have so much love and I know well be ok!;) thanks for the support guys.:)

Oh seriously I'm gonna cry :crying: :crying: :crying: what a Man!

SnyderMom
11-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
Oh seriously I'm gonna cry :crying: :crying: :crying: what a Man!

NO kidding...wish mine was like that!!! heheheheh I love him though

Ranger05
11-09-2005, 04:14 PM
congrats man

injuredinmelee
11-09-2005, 04:20 PM
congrats!

Phil C
11-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Congratulations! And Best wishes to you both!

handNthedirt
11-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Congratulations!!!!

my dad told me this on my wedding day: Think about this, who has more freedom...a married man living in the US, or a single man in Communist China?
After being married, the answer is very clear to me that the Communist Chinaman has more freedom, I don't want to leave the country...I just want to be able to leave the house every now and then. :D

NateDawg39
11-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
:eek: :eek: :eek: NOT get seperated but go where our majors take us...ya know like a year at another school or even 4 years. We have talked about it and we think we will live even if we are apart for a few years down the road. Her dream is to be a doctor/missionary while mine is to be a coach/teacher/missionary. So we may have to be apart for a time.

whtfbplaya
11-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Congratulations!!!!

my dad told me this on my wedding day: Think about this, who has more freedom...a married man living in the US, or a single man in Communist China? After being married, the answer is very clear to me that the Communist Chinaman has more freedom, I don't want to leave the country...I just want to leave the house every now and then. :D

LOL:clap: LOL

whtfbplaya
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
NOT get seperated but go where our majors take us...ya know like a year at another school or even 4 years. We have talked about it and we think we will live even if we are apart for a few years down the road. Her dream is to be a doctor/missionary while mine is to be a coach/teacher/missionary. So we may have to be apart for a time.

If you forget the doctor/teacher/coach part yall can go to the same place.:D

JasperDog94
11-09-2005, 04:29 PM
NOT get seperated but go where our majors take us...ya know like a year at another school or even 4 years. We have talked about it and we think we will live even if we are apart for a few years down the road. Her dream is to be a doctor/missionary while mine is to be a coach/teacher/missionary. So we may have to be apart for a time. Okay. I read that wrong at first. But, let me encourage you to do whatever you can to stay together once you are married. Living apart from each other can put a major strain on a marraige.

Congrats and best of luck!

FootballChik98
11-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Congrats!!:clap: :clap:

wildstangs
11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Wow....one semester of college and your already engaged? ACU really is a marriage factory.

All joking aside - Congrats!

htowntransplant
11-09-2005, 06:06 PM
I asked her to marry me and she said YES!!!!! OH I think im gonna declare a holiday!!!Wait, today is my birthday!!!:D This is the best day ever!!

congrats. that sounds like a day of a man's dreams. dont tell my gf, but i plan on proposing to her on christmas morning after gifts are exchanged
;)

AggieJohn
11-10-2005, 12:02 AM
congrats man, enjoy engaged life...it's different

jakarta101
11-10-2005, 09:46 AM
congrats nate........

Ranger Mom
11-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Just gotta ask....did you get down on one knee and propose??

My husband did that and I laughed at him..............I thought he was kidding!!

Anyway...MAJOR congrats!!!

jmcgee
11-10-2005, 09:58 AM
RM how could you.

jmcgee
11-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Congrats Nate hope you too are happy in whatever u 2 do and whereever yall are.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
RM how could you.

When you do something THAT out of character, then you gotta expect that you may not be taken seriously!!:D

Black_Magic
11-10-2005, 10:12 AM
My Condolences...... Not really I hope your happy and togeather 60+ years:clap:

NateDawg39
11-10-2005, 11:15 AM
No I didnt do the whole get on my knee thing. INSTEAD!!! we where on a couch watching a movie ( Note Book)...her favorite...and I had thought this out long before so I sorta knew what I was doin. but I asked for her hand and she gave me a strange look but who wouldnt. I tied a string around her finger and asked her to tie the other end to mine. She did, and I had the rest of the string tucked away so she couldnt see her ring. I had memorized some lines that I went over like I was studying for a big exam! and as I read them I let the ring slide down to her finger and I asked her to spend the rest of her life with me!:) and thank goodness she said yes!!

BullFrog Dad
11-10-2005, 12:29 PM
No I didnt do the whole get on my knee thing. INSTEAD!!! we where on a couch watching a movie ( Note Book)...her favorite...and I had thought this out long before so I sorta knew what I was doin. but I asked for her hand and she gave me a strange look but who wouldnt. I tied a string around her finger and asked her to tie the other end to mine. She did, and I had the rest of the string tucked away so she couldnt see her ring. I had memorized some lines that I went over like I was studying for a big exam! and as I read them I let the ring slide down to her finger and I asked her to spend the rest of her life with me!:) and thank goodness she said yes!! Man NateDawg39 I'm impressed and I bet you two have many happy years together!

SintonFan
11-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Congratulations Nate!
Just never forget the reasons why you asked in the first place. After all the excitement has worn off and kids come, it's easy to lose sight of that she comes first to you and visa versa. Also remember that families that pray together stay together. :)

JasperDog94
11-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Also remember that families that pray together stay together. :) Very good advice!:)

spiveyrat
11-10-2005, 01:07 PM
NOT get seperated but go where our majors take us...ya know like a year at another school or even 4 years. We have talked about it and we think we will live even if we are apart for a few years down the road. Her dream is to be a doctor/missionary while mine is to be a coach/teacher/missionary. So we may have to be apart for a time.

Can't you study to be a coach/teacher practically anywhere? :confused:

NateDawg39
11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Can't you study to be a coach/teacher practically anywhere? :confused: True, you can do so. Yet we I want her to go to the school that best suits her and she wishes the same for me.

District303aPastPlayer
11-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
congrats. that sounds like a day of a man's dreams. dont tell my gf, but i plan on proposing to her on christmas morning after gifts are exchanged
;)

i dont know how, but i plan on seeing this... and being part of the wedding :-D

GreenMonster
11-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the other side. You never thought you could be so miserable and happy at the same time.

shellman54
11-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Has she changed her mind yet? just kidding!!!! Good luck, and many blessings to the both of you!