PDA

View Full Version : Fastest 3A kid in the state trying to chase down a pass (Cuero Record Image)...)

Gobbla2001
11-09-2005, 01:16 PM
(fastest kid judged by his times at the track meet this past season anyway, had to have a catchy title)

Brandon James tries to haul in a pass last Friday Night... Averages 26 yards per catch, 3.2 yards rushing, but hasn't been used too much... the playoffs may be the kid's coming out party...

http://www.cuerorecord.com/content/articles/2005/11/09/sports/sports1.jpg

I do not get the Cuero Record on paper, but thanks to 44INAROW who does get it on paper, I am able to give out some stats etc...

As far as anyone from Cuero knows, this was the first year that all Cuero HS teams have gone undefeated... Fish went 8-0, JV went 9-0 and Varsity 9-0... if I am not mistaken, the junior high kids did a hell of a job as well...

Also, our own We're_Back (Cuero QB Kyle Noack) has completed 77% of his passes for just under 1700 yards...

Team stats:

2004: 387 yards per game
2005: 396 yards per game

2004: scored 36 points per game
2005: scoring just over 39 points per game

2004: allowed 13.4 points per game
2005: allowing 12.6 points per game

Good job guys, keep it rolling...

Gobbla2001
11-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Ew, and I just read the record online and it said two of our youth football teams are playing in the area super-bowls...

The Pee-Wee Gobblers and the Senior Gobblers... 8-1 and 9-0... not bad kids, not bad...

Bandera YaYa
11-09-2005, 01:26 PM
All I can say is WOW !!!! :eek: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Whsdogs
11-09-2005, 01:44 PM
so whats in the water down there in cuero????:clap:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs

Dunno about now, but a couple of years ago we spiked it with fecal matter :D

htowntransplant
11-09-2005, 02:09 PM

proly good ole fashion "gobblerade"

STANG RED
11-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
(fastest kid judged by his times at the track meet this past season anyway, had to have a catchy title)

Brandon James tries to haul in a pass last Friday Night... Averages 26 yards per catch, 3.2 yards rushing, but hasn't been used too much... the playoffs may be the kid's coming out party...

I do not get the Cuero Record on paper, but thanks to 44INAROW who does get it on paper, I am able to give out some stats etc...

As far as anyone from Cuero knows, this was the first year that all Cuero HS teams have gone undefeated... Fish went 8-0, JV went 9-0 and Varsity 9-0... if I am not mistaken, the junior high kids did a hell of a job as well...

Also, our own We're_Back (Cuero QB Kyle Noack) has completed 77% of his passes for just under 1700 yards...

Team stats:

Wow. Great picture. Scoreboard in the background and all.
So, what does Cuero's enrollment look like?
Are yall growing any? Shrinking? Or staying about the same?
Looks like yall should be right in the thick of things for some years to come.
How long has it been since Cuero has had a down year?
Seems like yall just reload every year and make a deep playoff run.

DaHop72
11-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Steriods????:thinking:
Just kidding. congrats to a great program.

GreenMonster
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM

Team stats:

If everything I see in that picture is correct then that's a low blow. Up 31 - 0 and still throwing to the end zone is positively CRAP. What ever has happened to sportsmanship in this state?

Gobbler Fan
11-09-2005, 02:50 PM
It's the second friggin Quarter ....get a clue :rolleyes: Cuero could have scored 70 if they wanted too they scored 1 td in the second half then called off the dog's ;)

44INAROW
11-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
If everything I see in that picture is correct then that's a low blow. Up 31 - 0 and still throwing to the end zone is positively CRAP. What ever has happened to sportsmanship in this state?

The final was 45-6 - Not an unsportsman-like score in my book - it could have easily been much worse.
** I've typed 4 different replies and deleted each one.. It's better to leave it alone***

pirate4state
11-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
The final was 45-6 - Not an unsportsman-like score in my book - it could have easily been much worse.
** I've typed 4 different replies and deleted each one.. It's better to leave it alone***

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

JR2004
11-09-2005, 04:06 PM

For the record the fastest kid in Class 3A as well as the entire state right now is Madison's junior RB Shawnbrey McNeil. Not knocking your boy down there in Cuero so I hope you don't take it that way.

lostaussie
11-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
** I've typed 4 different replies and deleted each one.. It's better to leave it alone*** don't worry about it. they probably don't have the chance to run it up often. you don't call the dogs off in the second quarter.

RoTex4Life
11-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
For the record the fastest kid in Class 3A as well as the entire state right now is Madison's junior RB Shawnbrey McNeil. Not knocking your boy down there in Cuero so I hope you don't take it that way.

how do u know he is faster than our guy???? does your guy have the state medals to prove it or where did he come from?

Gobbler Fan
11-09-2005, 04:26 PM
3 golds in Austin- State Championship- end of discussion :cool:

DaHop72
11-09-2005, 04:27 PM
where did he come from?

Do someone need to tell you about the birds and the bees????:nerd:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

Well, at that time these kids had a playoff game to play in 7 days... it was the first half, they were going to run what they could in that first half to keep loose for the playoff game and let off in the second half, which they did... up 38-0 at half half of the starters were out at the start of the 3rd quarter...

If it were 5 minutes left in the 4th and we were up 31-0, I'd see your point (unless it was the second team in there, they deserve to score any chance they get, it was paid for in practice)... but until we're under 20 or so minutes to play, your defense should try and stop our offense from practicing...

BTW: Did anyone else from Cuero notice how we were running a totally different offense all game? May have been a couple of plays here and there we were running that were our base plays, but a lot of it was unrecognizable, musta been warmin' 'em up...

JR2004
11-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by RoTex4Life
how do u know he is faster than our guy???? does your guy have the state medals to prove it or where did he come from?

This reply will not be opinion-based. You seem to have taken my last reply as being that so I'll clear it up. I understand that you might not know a lot about another area of the state, but Shawnbrey McNeil was at the state meet last year as well. He WON the 100m with a 10.5, which was the slowest time he's run since his freshman year. His personal best is a 10.3. That's why he's the state's fastest player in any classification. The two guys who ran a faster time last year at the state meet ran a 10.47 and a 10.49 are now both in college.

JR2004
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
3 golds in Austin- State Championship- end of discussion :cool:

I can't help it that McNeil doesn't have 3 gold medals. Madison pretty much just lets him run the 100 and that's it. Maybe this year they'll let him branch out and compete in other events.

Gobbla2001
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
This reply will not be opinion-based. You seem to have taken my last reply as being that so I'll clear it up. I understand that you might not know a lot about another area of the state, but Shawnbrey McNeil was at the state meet last year as well. He WON the 100m with a 10.5, which was the slowest time he's run since his freshman year. His personal best is a 10.3. That's why he's the state's fastest player in any classification. The two guys who ran a faster time last year at the state meet ran a 10.47 and a 10.49 are now both in college.

James did not compete in the 100m at the State meet, but won the 200... was 10.2 in his other meets running the 100, did not try and qualify as to help the 'team' stats...

Madison sounds like they have a lot of fast athletes other than him, though, I hear they're some fast dudes... Maybe we can both get to state and see each other's teams compete...

JR2004
11-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Madison has the top to bottom fastest team in the state, but I think last year's team was probably a bit faster. This year's team has more size than they did last year and I'd gladly trade away a bit of that speed from a year ago for some of the big boys we've got this time around that have been sorely needed for a long time.

I also saw that he won the 200m. However the 100m is the benchmark on speed so maybe this time around Cuero's coaches will let him compete in the 100 so Shawnbrey can have some competition. I don't think he'll do it this year, but I think his senior year, McNeil is going to break the national HS record for the 100m.

I'd like to make it far enough to play the Gobblers. They destroyed my HS in the regional final when I was in middle school in the early 90's when Clint Finley was still playing there. I thought for sure last year that y'all would win the state championship. I was there at the game and I kinda felt afterwards that if Cooper had been healthy that it might've been a different story. He just couldn't stay out there long enough. I thought Cuero showed a lot of guts being able to stay around in that one and still have a chance to win that game despite his injury.

Mustangpride09
11-09-2005, 06:49 PM
dont count out that guy that got second in the 100 from sweetwater.....

JR2004
11-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
dont count out that guy that got second in the 100 from sweetwater.....

Wouldn't think of doing that. Just having some back and forth discussion with Gobbla about their speed demon. I'd like to see the 3A 100m wind up having the 3 fastest times in the state in any class. That would be quite an accomplishment in my opinion.