PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Aggies?

KTJ
11-09-2005, 12:10 PM
I heard a rumor that Frantastic and his entire staff had been fired after the Iowa State game, effective at the end of the season.

Now, the rumor seems to be picking up steam and gaining some credibility.

Thoughts?

Phil C
11-09-2005, 12:14 PM
That is very unlikely. It would put the team in total caos with the OU and UT game coming up.

jakarta101
11-09-2005, 12:47 PM
they would wait til the end of the year to make a decision like that.........where is john at, he would know???

Rainman
11-09-2005, 12:47 PM
They gave up on RC after he had a better year, and in my opinion to early. I never much cared for Franchoine.

htowntransplant
11-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I heard a rumor that Frantastic and his entire staff had been fired after the Iowa State game.

Thoughts?

i still think they give fran one more full season. he will be expected to recruit well on defense bc obviously, thats where they struggle. offensively, i think they will be okay.

Bandera YaYa
11-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
i still think they give fran one more full season. he will be expected to recruit well on defense bc obviously, thats where they struggle. offensively, i think they will be okay. Man, are you an optimist, or what??? :p :D

KTJ
11-09-2005, 01:33 PM
(I edited the original post.)

Bandera YaYa
11-09-2005, 01:37 PM
I haven't heard that rumor....it's prob not true...I mean they don't seem to have a lick of sense about Fran. :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
11-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Frantastic!!!

spiveyrat
11-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I heard a rumor that Frantastic and his entire staff had been fired after the Iowa State game, effective at the end of the season.

Thoughts?

Wouldn't make any sense to fire someone effective at the end of the season. What would be the incentive to get anything done? They'd cancel all team practices, meetings, etc. and instead would be looking for their next job "on the clock".

hoosierdaddy
11-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Not very likely that they would fire the entire staff anyway. I'm sure it's been done somewhere before but I doubt they would do that. I'm looking for the DC to get the axe after the season.

Rainman
11-09-2005, 02:12 PM
DC definately in trouble

KTJ
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
What would be the incentive to get anything done?

You've seen their games. Reggie and Co. don't really play with a lot of heart or emotion.

spiveyrat
11-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Actually, I haven't seen any of their games. Texas A&M isn't a television priority up here in Kansas (nor is Texas, for that matter). Kansas State is though.

JasperDog94
11-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Actually, I haven't seen any of their games. Texas A&M isn't a television priority up here in Kansas (nor is Texas, for that matter). Kansas State is though. So you must be really hurtin' for football, huh?:p

Bulldog_12
11-09-2005, 02:42 PM
that is highly unlikely. A&M doesnt have the money to buy out Frans contract, much less the ENTIRE staff. I have a feeling though that Torbush is toast unless of a friggin miracle and we won three more games including a bowl, but we all know how unlikely that is. We havent done that in forever. They are building way too many new athletic facilities and adding on to old ones that is costing the athletic department way too much money to buy out a lot of peoples contracts.

Bullaholic
11-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
that is highly unlikely. A&M doesnt have the money to buy out Frans contract, much less the ENTIRE staff. I have a feeling though that Torbush is toast unless of a friggin miracle and we won three more games including a bowl, but we all know how unlikely that is. We havent done that in forever. They are building way too many new athletic facilities and adding on to old ones that is costing the athletic department way too much money to buy out a lot of peoples contracts.

You're forgetting about the Aggie alums, Bdog_12---if they want Fran gone bad enough, money will not be a factor--especially if they have a "name" coach in the wings.

Bulldog_12
11-09-2005, 02:49 PM
I dont know if support would be THAT strong, we are talking about millions of dollars on top of the 20 million needed for the indoor practice facility, the addition to Reed, the new surfaces of the baseball and softball fields, renovating the soccer complex, renovating the west side of Kyle. Support for this team is great, but I dont know if it is THAT strong. We are already having a time getting people to contribute to the other things. The only reason we are getting the inddor facility is because one man donated half. Over the last few mediocre years, you would be surprised just hoe NOT interested in football everyone is becoming. I fear we might turn into a basketball school with all the buzz around the program.

GreenMonster
11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
DC definately in trouble

Thank GOD! Torbush needs to go get hired by Mack Brown and rekindle their North Carolina flame. I'd love to see A&M go hire Bob Davie as the new DC. He was a great DC in Aggieland prior to going to Notre Dame and sputtering as Head Coach. The Aggies haven't been able to recruit since he left and I truly thought he would be the man after RC was let go of. Good thing they let RC stick around in a different capacity, that may give the Aggies an inside approach to Davie who is still close friends with RC and like I have stated already, has A&M ties. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Wreckin Crew of old will be walking the sidelines of the future.

Bullaholic
11-09-2005, 02:59 PM
I dont know if support would be THAT strong, we are talking about millions of dollars on top of the 20 million needed for the indoor practice facility, the addition to Reed, the new surfaces of the baseball and softball fields, renovating the soccer complex, renovating the west side of Kyle. Support for this team is great, but I dont know if it is THAT strong. We are already having a time getting people to contribute to the other things. The only reason we are getting the inddor facility is because one man donated half. Over the last few mediocre years, you would be surprised just hoe NOT interested in football everyone is becoming. I fear we might turn into a basketball school with all the buzz around the program.

I understand the Aggie football standard is flying at low ebb right now, but I also know the storied history and tremendous support behind their program---I'm not even an Ag fan, but let them make some changes, get a right recruit or two, win a few of the right games, and the Aggie swagger" will be back quicker than you can say "Gig em'". In the meantime I'm still going to "poke" the Ags every chance I get, but it sure is not as much fun as when they are competitive. They will be again in a few seasons---you can bet on it---aTm is too major a program to lie "dormant" very long.

Bulldog_12
11-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I just keep hoping that once it is all of Frans recruits, maybe his program will start working. Maybe the is our problem, the last of RCs recruits will be going through this year and a few next year, so maybe that will make a change. I can only pray.

3afan
11-09-2005, 03:28 PM
RC's recruits? ... thats wishful thinking IMO ....

whtfbplaya
11-09-2005, 03:39 PM
I just keep hoping that once it is all of Frans recruits, maybe his program will start working. Maybe the is our problem, the last of RCs recruits will be going through this year and a few next year, so maybe that will make a change. I can only pray.

RC's recruits are the only reason A&M has won at all this year. RC might not have got the big name guys, but they could flat out play. Fran is chasing after the premadona's who want to talk the walk.

Bulldog_12
11-09-2005, 03:49 PM
What im saying is, im just hoping that maybe they dont fit what fran wants and thats why we are struggling. Like I said, I can only pray that it is the reason.

District303aPastPlayer
11-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
RC's recruits are the only reason we have won at all this year. RC might not have got the big name guys, but they could flat out play. Fran is chasing after the premadona's who want to talk the walk.

except one of his prize recruits left when he did... and Iowa is happy about it :)

Phil C
11-09-2005, 04:24 PM
It sounds like a publicity stunt to try to fire the football team so they will play extra hard against Texas.

handNthedirt
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I heard a rumor that Frantastic and his entire staff had been fired after the Iowa State game, effective at the end of the season.Now, the rumor seems to be picking up steam and gaining some credibility.Thoughts?

........don't believe everything you read while waiting in line at Apu's Quik-E-Stop. I got peeps on the inside, 100% Rumor.

Bulldog_12
11-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It sounds like a publicity stunt to try to fire the football team so they will play extra hard against Texas.

I am hoping that since it is Reggie's last game in front of the home crowd at Kyle that they will all be pumped and trying to get him this win. I think it would be amazing to start his career by beating #1 OU and ending it with beating #2 UT.

whtfbplaya
11-09-2005, 05:09 PM
J

whtfbplaya
11-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I am hoping that since it is Reggie's last game in front of the home crowd at Kyle that they will all be pumped and trying to get him this win. I think it would be amazing to start his career by beating #1 OU and ending it with beating #2 UT.

JasperDog94
11-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Unfortunantly, fran is not going anywhere soon. I tried to pull up a past post from 2003 where I called this was going to happen, but they are locked. I hope all of the atm people are happy with this great coaching change we made! You could post a link to the page and we could still read your phrophetic statement(s).

big daddy russ
11-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Thoughts?
I don't think so, KTJ. I've heard that rumor from some out-of-town friends, but nobody here in College Station seems to have the "Fire Fran" flags out just yet. There are pockets of people who want him gone, but it's not at all widespread. He's still pretty popular with the student body and with most of the community.

He's definitely not at the Ron Zook @ Gainesville or Tyrone Willingham @ South Bend level just yet. These next three games could change things, but as of right now the rumblings seem to be coming more from columnists outside of CS than the people that are here.

YBS
11-10-2005, 11:09 AM
The way the D looks it doesn't seem to matter if we get a new coach in or if fran stays b/c we're doomed to Big12 hell for next year regardless with the way texas, tech, and ou are going to look with baylor closing the gap.

hoosierdaddy
11-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Fran will get them rolling but you can't expect the same turn around at A&M that he made at TCU or New Mexico. The big 12 is a much tougher conference and changes just don't happen overnight or even in a year or two. I know Fran pretty well and he will get it going. They stuck with RC way longer than they should have, no way they will be looking for Fran's head on a platter this quick.